The Official SHINEDOWN Thread

Discuss any band that's not called Alter Bridge.
Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Re: The Official SHINEDOWN Thread

Post by Andy92 »

I liked the Unity video a lot too. The collage of pictures on the brick wall was cool. That video for Enemies was hilarious though lol. One of my favorite music videos in a while.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Its gotta be a spoof though, especially so close to Unity being finished and with the terrible acting and editing lol

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I'm not sure, they made the video for Unity a number of weeks before it was released as a single. Didn't that video come out before the album dropped?

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Also, thought I'd bring this up. Amazon has Amaryllis for sale in the US for just $0.99 today. Believe today is the only day with that price as well.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Get it!

They released the pre-video for Unity ages ago yeah, it wasnt done via the band though. It was done by a video making company for them, which they intended to adapt in the future into a video..

I'm pretty sure Enemies is a spoof video, its gotta be! There's too much humour and laughing about it on Twitter for it to be a serious video release

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

A part of me would like to see them throw that out as an official video though haha. I could see it getting tons of hits on Youtube.

BennyWhatever
Loyal Follower

Post by BennyWhatever »

At first I really liked Amaryllis, but it's getting really stale really fast.
Sound of Madness had a couple good tracks (What a Shame is amazing), but it was just too... idk... "Nickelback" for me.

Leave a Whisper is in my top 5 favorite albums of all time, and Us & Them is in my top 10. It's sad to see them go so far downhill.
:yeahthat

storm666
Brand New Start

Post by storm666 »

I love Shinedown's first three albums but I don't have the same connection with the 4th album as I do with the first three the songs where much better. I love fly from the inside, beyond the sun, fake, sound of madness, and so many more/

Josiah

Post by Josiah »

So does Brent lip sync? I noticed it looked like that, but I researched it and he denies it in an interview. I'd be extremely disappointed if he does. He's one of my favorite singers.

devv88
Isolated

Post by devv88 »

Josiah wrote:So does Brent lip sync? I noticed it looked like that, but I researched it and he denies it in an interview. I'd be extremely disappointed if he does. He's one of my favorite singers.
Yes, he does, but he more often uses backing tracks to boost his performance. This started sometime after The Sound of Madness was released, and he often mixes and matches how he does it; usually, verses are live, choruses are synced.

Tom
Jim's Brother

Post by Tom »

Shinedown and Oleander in the UK in october? yes please

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

devv88 wrote:
Josiah wrote:So does Brent lip sync? I noticed it looked like that, but I researched it and he denies it in an interview. I'd be extremely disappointed if he does. He's one of my favorite singers.
Yes, he does, but he more often uses backing tracks to boost his performance. This started sometime after The Sound of Madness was released, and he often mixes and matches how he does it; usually, verses are live, choruses are synced.
:yeahthat

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

I really like thier Us and Them album. I saw them in April and they only played one track off of it. I think even it (Save Me) has disappeared from thier setlist now. Sigh.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

fgiro8ir3
Brand New Start

Post by fgiro8ir3 »

We used to have this on the old board, I always thought it was a pretty cool idea but the thread died a while back. Try and get it going again. You rate the song above you and post a song of your own, preferably a youtube vid so people unfamiliar with the song can vote. I'll start.
:hug :hug :hug
Last edited by abw1987 on Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed spam URL

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

fgiro8ir3 wrote:We used to have this on the old board, I always thought it was a pretty cool idea but the thread died a while back. Try and get it going again. You rate the song above you and post a song of your own, preferably a youtube vid so people unfamiliar with the song can vote. I'll start.
:hug :hug :hug
0/10 because it's not a song.

Also you are now banned.

cesargil
Brand New Start

Post by cesargil »

I know that a lot of members here likes Shinedown and I have one question for you guys: what happened with Jasin Todd? Why Jasin isn't a member of Shinedown anymore? Anybody knows?

I found this article on Yahoo and might help us to know: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 654AAZXQMn

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I thought that the music video for Enemies, for the most part, seem like WWE-like stuff during the Attitude Era.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Didn't Jasin go to Brett Scallions version of Fuel for a while? I know he's not there now.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

devv88
Isolated

Post by devv88 »

darkstorm97 wrote:Didn't Jasin go to Brett Scallions version of Fuel for a while? I know he's not there now.
For a short time, yes, I believe.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

im shocked at yall saying he lip syncs some choruses. i saw them live and it sounded so original. i mean i believe it, its just shocking.