The Official HALESTORM Thread

Discuss any band that's not called Alter Bridge.
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: The Official HALESTORM Thread

Post by anguyen92 »

Whoa, Arejay got some LED lights or something on his drums during the Drum solo part of the show. I'm tripping out man. I was also tripping during the intro of it as well with the funky backing track and all.

What the bloody, what's with the backing vocals trance thing, that I expect to hear at an EDM festival? This is almost stepping into Tommy Lee territory (without any more outrageous production stuff). There was Papa Roach's Last Resort and ...... Limp Bizkit's Nookie tracks in addition to it as well.

Oh man, he did not bring out the big sticks. I'm sad, now. Seriously.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

That drum solo did get kinda odd. :lol

They're playing a ton of songs from the new album. I'm really liking this stream.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Yeah, I got to say this was an enjoyable stream. It's always a good sign to see people in the crowd mouthing the words to the new songs (especially since the album has been only officially out for like 1.5 weeks) like in Dear Daughter.

They also played like, what, 10 new songs from Into the Wild Life. That's another plus as well. They delivered well on this one.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Yeah I'm pretty sure they did Scream, I Am The Fire, Sick Individual, Amen, Dear Daughter, Mayhem, Gonna Get Mine, The Reckoning, Apocalyptic, and I Like It Heavy. :lol

I've never seen them play a set that long. I think they played 17 songs total. Awesome setlist overall. Alter Bridge could take notes on the ratio of new stuff to old stuff.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Re: dumm dummm dummmmmm

Post by Timotheus »

But did they play their classics?
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

It's Not You, I Get Off, Love Bites, I Miss the Misery...so yes to that too :D

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Well, Halestorm is going to do two shows in England (one of them in London in a smaller venue than they played already in the spring) that's going to be "An Evening With" playing the Into the Wildlife album in its entirety and their staple songs with some surprises. Insert "Why can't AB do stuff like this?"
“In the spirit of doing this thing called whatever the $&@! we want, we’ve decided to embark on something we’ve never done before!” says frontwoman Lzzy Hale. “We are doing ‘A Wild Evening With Halestorm’ – that means no openers folks, just us all night long. But wait! There’s more! For two nights, we will be performing our new album, Into The Wild Life, live in order and in its entirety for your viewing and listening pleasure….oh and then after we perform our new album, we will do yet another set with all your favourite Halestorm songs, and we’ve even decided to throw in some surprise “deep tracks” for you all. It’s gonna be so much fun! Come own the night with us!!!”
http://forums.downloadfestival.co.uk/fb.ashx?m=6188197

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Re: Lzzy probably hates me, too.

Post by gbruin »

Halestorm is playing here tonight and I can't go (kids events we have to take care of).

I hate myself.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

But you're being a good dad.

And I got a big hug from her last month which can count for both of us.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Aw, I don't want to bogart your hug from Lzzy! You hold on to that one!

I'll take some satisfaction that since I first played Dear Daughter for my 11y/o girl, she really likes it, so that's my Halestorm fix for now.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Finally got around to buying Into the Wildlife. should arrive saturday

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

This album is really great. very eclectic but very consistent at the same time. very moving

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Well, they did a cover of Hunger Strike, yesterday, with Corey Taylor. I think they did a good job with it. Corey filled the role fine and his voice here almost sounded like Eddie Vedder there. Lzzy, of course, provided the Cornell screams here really well. Still prefer the Gov't Mule with Myles version of it, but I'm naturally bias in that front.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/hVLkX1TdCrU[/youtube]

BSC
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by BSC »

I post this as somebody who has really tried to get into Halestorm, but I just can't get into them. I like the occasional song, but the lyrical content puts me off and I find a lot of their songs to just to be instrumentally average. I've heard them described as the female Nickelback, which I think is a good description. If you were to mix the Bon Jovi's anthem-style song writing with Nickelback's party vibe, and add a female singer, I think you've got Halestorm.

I was initially sceptical when I heard they had covered Hunger Strike, as for me that's one of my favourite songs. Pearl Jam are my all-time favourite band, and Chris Cornell is probably my all-time favourite singer (listening to him this very moment actually), the Temple of the Dog album is really superb. With that being said, it's a really good cover. It could do with a second guitar, and Matt Cameron plays it much better than Halestorm's drummer, but apart from that, it's great. It's definitely not an easy song to pull off.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Well, this is a very meaty setlist, filled with a few songs that they have not played on the album tour, yet, and they played the whole bloody "Into the Wildlife" album in its entirety. It just frustrates me to no end that AB does not do stuff like this. I wouldn't mind seeing AB do "An Evening With" for a few shows in their next tour, if there's a next tour. It would be a perfect way where they do not have to worry about trying too hard (and not risk having that going for epic, but comes up disappointing feeling) to appeal to mainstream masses.

Acoustic
Freak Like Me
I'm Not an Angel
In Your Room
I Get Off
Here's to Us
Rose in December
(First time since 2012)

Electric
Scream
I Am the Fire
Sick Individual
Amen
Dear Daughter
New Modern Love
Mayhem
Bad Girl's World
Gonna Get Mine
The Reckoning
Apocalyptic
What Sober Couldn’t Say
I Like It Heavy

Encore:
Love Bites (So Do I)
It's Not You
The Hand
(First time since 2013)
I Miss the Misery

Note: Billed as 'A Wild Evening With Halestorm'

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/halestorm ... 7f720.html

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Hmmm, on another note, I see that they are taking this "A Wild Evening With" tour to the states. They got a show in SoCal, in Riverside, about 30-35 min. from here. Tickets are at $35 GA. It's on a Friday. Hmmm, I might consider going.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

^^ Well, it's obvious that I did not go, or otherwise I would have made a huge block of text talking about it in this thread.

Anyway, for those that care, Halestorm has got a Live Stream, tomorrow. Pretty similar deal to what AB did with their live stream. It will be through Live Nation's media platforms like Facebook and Youtube. Their last live stream through a Live Nation outlet (Yahoo.com) was pretty good last year. Should expect more of the same quality, this year.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Isn't it tonight? 25th at 9:30?

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Her voice sounds kinda rough...not sure if she's been under the weather or if her voice is just tired from touring, but it has more of a rasp to it than I'm used to.