The Official HALESTORM Thread

Discuss any band that's not called Alter Bridge.
QwikSand
TABN.com Citizen

Re: The Official HALESTORM Thread

Post by QwikSand »

I agree with the cheesiness but their talent makes that less of an issue for me. Arejay is the most entertaining live drummer I've seen and Lzzy's vocals live give me a chills, she's sexy and amazing.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

TenaciousBe wrote:I love Joe. I think he does a fantastic job at what he does, and this band isn't one that needs a whole lot of guitarsterbation to be great. I feel they have about the perfect blend of instrumentation, vocals, and just overall feel. Love these guys.
Wow, that's what you call it? I call something like that guitar wankery. Anywho, since you guys keep saying how great this band is, and I keep hearing the singles on the radio, and Chris Jericho had Lzzy on his radio show, now I'm starting to listen to their stuff.

Well, so far, the sound is all right. Lzzy does have an awesome voice and the idea of her doing a duet with Myles would be pretty cool. I'm now looking on YT for a live show, great energy, but at the end of it all, yeah the lyrics might be a bit off-putting, like you guys say but that's just natural for a young band like them.

Though from those soft songs from Halestorm in the 2nd album are the highlights for me that got me thinking deep about life so something from that end is good.

agny
On The Rail

Post by agny »

The first Halestorm song I really listened to the lyrics was I Miss the Misery and my reaction was, oh, another woman singing about how awesome abusive relationships are. :S
Alterations: Dec 2010, May 2011, August 2011x2, Sept 2011, Oct 2014x2

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Lzzy writes some good lyrics on ballads. Break In and In Your Room both have really good writing. Beautiful With You isn't too bad either imo. But they are pretty cheesy on the heavier stuff lol.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I manage to stumble upon this song which is apparently a bonus track or something. If you try to not go for the easy assumption of the lyrics and try to dig a lot deeper then it will become understandable, and I just got it right away on 1st listen since it's got to do with my situation. Awesome song. Plus it has James Michael from Sixx: A.M. so you know its deep.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/CilYylaN6Pw[/youtube]

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Haha, it's almost like one of The Darkness' cheeky song titles.

agny
On The Rail

Post by agny »

I'll check out some more lyrics.
Alterations: Dec 2010, May 2011, August 2011x2, Sept 2011, Oct 2014x2

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

You know, as far as the lyrics go, I'm glad that they have fun with what they do. Not every band has to sing about deep philosophical ideas. Sometimes it's really nice just to rock out to some good old fashioned debauchery :rockon
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

Wanted to share this, as well, as I hadn't seen it posted here yet. Coolest thing ever. There's a fan by the name of Ali Blacksmith, who felt an extra strong kinship with Lzzy. Sent her some handwritten letters, they talk on Twitter, and have developed a bit of a friendship over the course of the last few years. The song "Rock Show", from the latest album, was inspired by / written about her. Well, about a month ago, Ali actually got to get up on stage and play the song with the band! I've been Twitter/FB friends with Ali for a while now as well, and she's a REALLY cool girl, fun rock fan. And I was so excited to see her get the chance to live the dream. :)

[youtube]http://youtu.be/jhz3TXPw95Y[/youtube]

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I've seen Ali around on Facebook a lot. That's really awesome they let her jam on stage with them. I will say from all the bands I've followed, Halestorm seem to genuinely love their fans more than the majority I've seen.

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

Absolutely. That's a big reason I've been such a big fan of Halestorm and AB, their devotion to the fans. :) Love bands that keep true to their roots like that!

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I met Halestorm in a meet and greet line at Rock on the Range last year. The workers at the festival couldn't believe how long the line was lol. They ended up having to move a band scheduled to sign in the same tent to a different location because it took Halestorm so long to sign everything. I just remember I waited in line for over an hour lol. They were all incredibly nice though, and Lzzy even seemed a little overwhelmed at how many people came to support them at such a big festival.

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

The first time I saw Halestorm was in Spring 2009, when they opened for Shinedown and Saliva, and the line to meet them after the show was pretty decent. Later that year, in the fall, they opened for Staind and the line to meet them afterwards took at least an hour to get through. And they stayed and talked to every person in line, treating everybody like gold. Love them kids.

Macca
Greg

Post by Macca »

Gaiz could you stop posting plz I'm trying to make the Dry The River thread have more posts than this and you guy aren't helping my cause.
AllC392Was wrote:How is Macca funny?

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Macca wrote:Gaiz could you stop posting plz I'm trying to make the Dry The River thread have more posts than this and you guy aren't helping my cause.
You are not helping your own cause by posting in this thread and trying telling people to stop posting in this thread.

Anywho, I am really starting to like this band and uhhhhh, I don't know what else to say.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Two days (well, almost three) until I see my first Halestorm show!

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

You'll love it Alex! One of the best live bands I've seen. Have fun!

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

Have fun, Alex! If Lzzy still opens with her acapella "I'm in loooooooooove wiiiiiiiith someboooooooddaaaayyyyyyyyyyy" bit, just sit back and marvel. INCREDIBLE voice.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Tonight, right Alex? Have a blast! I'll be looking for your review tomorrow morning.

B, I saw them about 3 weeks back and they opened the show with Mz Hyde, which I guess makes since being the title track on the new album and all. Lzzy still did the a capella opening to It's Not You later in the show, though!
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

QwikSand
TABN.com Citizen

Post by QwikSand »

Crap, unfortunately the show I am going to Friday is the one they are not doing and evening with, just one regular set. I tweeted her to consider doing a longer set since it's always only them there but who knows. It will rock no mater what. Gonna attempt to broadcast the audio as always on my ustream page.