The Official HALESTORM Thread

Discuss any band that's not called Alter Bridge.
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: The Official HALESTORM Thread

Post by anguyen92 »

^^ Yeah, I've been noticing that as well. When Halestorm has been touring the way they've been touring, where they've done 250 shows in the last two years, during this album cycle, the voice will take a huge pounding.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Their touring schedule is pretty insane. I don't slight her for it. Would rather have a band that's genuine live and doesn't use backing tracks. I just hope she gets enough rest with the way she sings. She sounds pretty tired.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Oh cool, they're playing Unapologetic. They didn't do that in the previous live stream. Sounds good.

Edit: Well, that was an interesting drum solo.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Yeah it was cool to hear Unapologetic. I like that song a lot.

That drum solo went forever lol

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

That was an awesome show. I love unapologetic, im glad they played it. That drum solo was was great and funny.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

No posts in over a year? Huh.

Got tickets to see them in May. Pretty excited to see them live again.

Okay, I'm excited to be in the same room as Lzzy again.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Waiting for that record

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I saw Halestorm back in October at the Anaheim House of Blues and I detailed that post really heavily in the Randomness thread. They were amazing. Every bit of a great live band that I knew they can be. The crowd was great as well. Probably the best crowd (them or Breaking Benjamin three days later in the same venue) I was a part of in the six concerts I went to in my life. A wide demographics that had young ladies, those that look up to Lzzy Hale as inspiration, people in their 20s like me looking forward to seeing a great band, parents looking to take their kids to a great rock concert without having to worry much, etc. and everyone singing along to their songs with great timing.

Truly, what a concert experience should always be. That and Breaking Benjamin.

Bring on album #4. I'm sure they are almost ready to get it out there. They are working with Nick Raskulinecz (whose produced albums with all kinds of bands from Foo Fighters, Stone Sour, Evanescence, Rush, Alice in Chains, Big Wreck, etc.). I'm sure Raskulinecz is going to be a good fit working with Halestorm on this one.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

First single off their upcoming album. I like this song more than I expected to....That Chorus! :headbang

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

They played this a couple weeks ago when I saw them, and it goes over well live too. I really like the main riff and the chorus.

I really like Black Vultures too. I’m sure there’s live recordings of it on YouTube.

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

it's alright I guess. Lyrically as bad as they've ever been

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

^^ I'm going to have to agree with Nagpo (which I don't often do based on his posts vs my views) here. That stated, it's Halestorm, I know they will find some magic way to make this work so damn well live (that's how I felt during the main singles for Into the Wild Life. Studio versions were not too great, except for Mayhem that's an awesome track, but when I heard those tracks live and in person, they were tremendous).

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Just finished listening to Vicious. The album ends stronger than it begins imo. Black Vultures and Uncomfortable are still good songs at the beginning, but some of the others like Buzz and Conflicted didn’t really stick with me. The second half of the record is where the band really shines for me. Killing Ourselves to Live, Heart of Novocaine, Painkiller, Vicious, and The Silence were all really good tracks.

Some of the lyrics in songs like Do Not Disturb and Conflicted just are what they are. I’m not gonna complain too much because at this point Halestorm is a band that you know what you’re getting going into an album lol. Some of those tracks do make parts of the album weaker for me in the front half, but the back half makes up for it pretty well.

The Silence is one of the best tracks they’ve ever written.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I agree with Andy (that's not hard for me to do, honestly). The first half of Vicious, to me, was on its way to join the dribbles of the worst albums I've heard this year (Shinedown, FFDP, and Godsmack). Thankfully, after Killing Ourselves to Live, the latter half of the album was pretty darn solid for their standard for me (i.e. the good parts of Into the Wild Life and most of their self-titled album). The only big downer for me, (aside from the lyrics of the first half of the album) though, is they really did not have that very explosive high-energy along the veins of Mayhem.

Favorites so far: Black Vultures, Killing Ourselves to Live, Heart of Novocaine, White Dress, and The Silence.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I had already heard Do Not Disturb a few days ago, and when that song was followed up with Conflicted I was thinking “oh great is this the entire album” lol. Thankfully that wasn’t the case.

I thought the first two singles were fine. Skulls and Buzz really didn’t do much for me either. It’s like the bottom 4 songs on the album all hit within the first half of the record. But I really liked two-thirds of it which is about standard for their albums lol.

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

Not a big fan but I like a couple songs. Sometimes i think their lyrics suck. Lzzy is a good singer for sure.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

She's got a wicked voice and their songs are catchy but those:

This is my kingdom
This is my cathedral
This is my castle
And these are my people

This is my armor
This is my anchor
It's been a long road outta Hell up to the steeple
For this is church and these are my people
are killing me.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

yeah so i got this record a week ago. i didn't even know it had come out. I've only listened to it once. i don't really like the songs. kinda poor compared to their previous records

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I think this newest album is on par with the previous record but neither album has been as good as their first 3 were.

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

As happened to a lot if bands in history.
Sometimes after 4 albums……………