The Official HALESTORM Thread

Discuss any band that's not called Alter Bridge.
Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Re: The Official HALESTORM Thread

Post by Andy92 »

I loved the video they did for Shatter Me. Really tells the story of the song well.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I actually like that song better than most Halestorm songs I've heard before (with a few exceptions of course). Hope they'll work together more often!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Timotheus wrote:I actually like that song better than most Halestorm songs I've heard before (with a few exceptions of course). Hope they'll work together more often!
That's probably because Lindsey wrote the lyrics, not Lzzy. :lol

I like Halestorm, but some of Lzzy's lyrics are so raunchy lol. The arrangement of the music in Shatter Me is really good too though. Lindsey is an excellent violinist.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Yea, I definitely agree about the lyrics, but I was talking about the arrangement and the producing as well.

Ok, now I want an AB song with Lindsey as a guest artist :D
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

BSC
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by BSC »

The more I try to get into these guys, the more I dislike them. I'm listening to Bet You Wish You Had Me Back, it's a sweet song instrumentally, but it's completely about sex, and she's going into a fair bit of detail without any bit of reserve. I thought the lyrics on Black Stone Cherry's new album was bad! It lacks credibility, I can't take these guys seriously. I don't know how her brother can sit there on drums while his sister is singing about her sexual experiences.

Edit - Now listening to In Your Room, the lyrics are piss poor and repetitive. I actually like this band, they put on a good show, but I can't actually listen to them :lol

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I love In Your Room. Makes me think that I could have that deep conversation with a certain someone and get her to say stuff that she's afraid to say, but it's all right. I can accept that certain aspect of her whatever it could be.

Kreuger33
Loyal Follower

Post by Kreuger33 »

As much as I agree about the lame ass songs about sex, for some reason it's not as over played or annoying when a chick does it. I guess because it's not as common. The songs are still fun, even if it's juvenile. But for their first album, one can't be too bothered by it. As long as she shows growth as a lyricist. I really couldnt stand a lot of the second album. Mostly just the songs on the EP in between.

agny
On The Rail

Post by agny »

BSC wrote:The more I try to get into these guys, the more I dislike them. I'm listening to Bet You Wish You Had Me Back, it's a sweet song instrumentally, but it's completely about sex, and she's going into a fair bit of detail without any bit of reserve. I thought the lyrics on Black Stone Cherry's new album was bad! It lacks credibility, I can't take these guys seriously. I don't know how her brother can sit there on drums while his sister is singing about her sexual experiences.

Edit - Now listening to In Your Room, the lyrics are piss poor and repetitive. I actually like this band, they put on a good show, but I can't actually listen to them :lol
I would like to like them, but I can't bear the "please abuse me/beat me up/stalk me :D " lyrics. :S
Alterations: Dec 2010, May 2011, August 2011x2, Sept 2011, Oct 2014x2

Outright
White Knuckled

Post by Outright »

Private Parts is a beautiful song.
You should never come this way
To test the hands of fate
You don't belong here

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Anyone catch Lzzy on the CMT Awards tonight singing with Eric Church? She killed it.

Drivenunder4
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Drivenunder4 »

Andy92 wrote:Anyone catch Lzzy on the CMT Awards tonight singing with Eric Church? She killed it.
Seen it about an hour ago. Wow... She never disappoints. Eric sounded awful.. Glad he had her with him or that performance would've been terrible.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Drivenunder4 wrote:
Andy92 wrote:Anyone catch Lzzy on the CMT Awards tonight singing with Eric Church? She killed it.
Seen it about an hour ago. Wow... She never disappoints. Eric sounded awful.. Glad he had her with him or that performance would've been terrible.
That's pretty much what I thought of it lol. She made a lot of singers look bad tonight imo.

zazisaspaz
On The Rail

i like the girl who sings on the album better but Lzzy naile

Post by zazisaspaz »

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Damn she stole that performance. If that dude were taylor swift she'd be kanye.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

That's Damn Rock n' Roll - Yup. Thanks to Lzzy there, I'd say that was exactly right.

Welcome to real music, CMA.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

zazisaspaz
On The Rail

Can ya tell I'm a fan?

Post by zazisaspaz »

^OUCH!

Eric Church wrote the song!!! Y'all have GOT to be kidding me to be giving him such a hard time! The man invited Halestorm to open up his tour because he clearly loves what they're doing (in case you couldn't tell by him being in awe of her performance) so stop being so harsh gosh darnnit! Haha he sounded just about exactly as great as he does on the album so let's be nicer or the Church Choir is gonna come after you folks

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

lol what the hell?

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

I wonder when their next cd is coming out

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Here's an acoustic version of an unreleased b-side the band did as a thanks to the fans for reaching 1 million likes on Facebook.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/Q25qOw7uQU8[/youtube]

nagpo
On The Rail

Post by nagpo »

Wouldn't mind an electric version of that song. A little different sound for the band. More sentimental. I wish I could see them live.