30STM

Discuss any band that's not called Alter Bridge.
Jim
Blood Machines

Re: 30STM

Post by Jim »

Big announcement tomorrow!!! 30th May BIG NEWS!!

If it's not UK dates, I'm gonna hit someone

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

30STM rocked Rock AM Ring today.. Man I'm jealous every fucking time they play a show.

They announced European dates in November, hopefully there'll be more!

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

German tour dates and iTunes festival in UK! Looks like these boys are gonna be showing some Euro love this year!!

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

[youtube]http://youtu.be/VT2JoBFCkZ8[/youtube]

Best live RAR performance video i've ever watched. The crowd were EPIC!!

julio
Isolated

Post by julio »

Can we please have the "A Beautiful Lie" version of 30STM back. Actually, This is War is a great album ... I'll take that band as well. I am not a big fan of LOVE LUST FAITH + DREAMS. Are you a rock band or not?

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

julio wrote:Can we please have the "A Beautiful Lie" version of 30STM back. Actually, This is War is a great album ... I'll take that band as well. I am not a big fan of LOVE LUST FAITH + DREAMS. Are you a rock band or not?
This.

But, on the other hand, people say that they are amazing because they vary their styles. Far enough, but on LLF+D they just have gone too far IMO.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Macca
Greg

Post by Macca »

They're a band. Doesn't matter if they're a rock band.
AllC392Was wrote:How is Macca funny?

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Agree ^
Their live show is very rock, very big and epic and the new stuff doesn't take away from that. The whole "persona" of 30STM is "we're artists, come and watch what we create". I really wasn't a fan of the emo style A Beautiful Lie style 30STM. I'm gutted i missed how they were on tour with This Is War..

The new record is still growing on me, but the lyrical content is still as good as ever. Up In The Air is my jam right now, it's huge!

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I heard these guys back when The Kill got really popular and stuff, I just didn't dig them much. This Is War is what turned me on to the band.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

devv88
Isolated

Post by devv88 »

People often seem to confuse stylistic shifts and qualitative shifts, because they often overlap. The truth is, I just don't think the songwriting on the new LP is up to par with any of their previous releases; their sonic experimentation has zero to do with that fact. There was a massive stylistic shift between A Beautiful Lie and This is War, but TIW was great because they upped their game in the songwriting department. Not so here.

~Fallen Angel~
TABN.com Citizen

Post by ~Fallen Angel~ »

The best 30stm was the very first cd and the very first tour which i was part of. . They have never been the same. Sure , you exspect change....but a good one... They are really only popular in europe now. Europeons don't really have any good music so they love them. The whole war, fighting , rising again oh oh oh whoa whoa whoa thing is getting old. I still have a place in my heart for them though. I was there when they started and watched and helped them get to where they are today.

MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MidnightToker »

julio wrote:Can we please have the "A Beautiful Lie" version of 30STM back. Actually, This is War is a great album ... I'll take that band as well. I am not a big fan of LOVE LUST FAITH + DREAMS. Are you a rock band or not?
Screw that, let's have the self-titled debut album version of 30STM back. Space rock > emo

MidnightToker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MidnightToker »

~Fallen Angel~ wrote:The best 30stm was the very first cd and the very first tour which i was part of. .
I agree with you, I don't think anything they've done tops the first album. But what do you mean "I was part of"? You mean you were working with or traveling with the band? Or you just went to shows on that tour? Sorry, just strange wording. I could say I was "a part of" every Alter Bridge tour but that just means I've seen shows on every album tour

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

~Fallen Angel~ wrote:Europeons don't really have any good music so they love them..
:facepalm
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Macca
Greg

Post by Macca »

~Fallen Angel~ wrote:The best 30stm was the very first cd and the very first tour which i was part of. . They have never been the same. Sure , you exspect change....but a good one... They are really only popular in europe now. Europeons don't really have any good music so they love them. The whole war, fighting , rising again oh oh oh whoa whoa whoa thing is getting old. I still have a place in my heart for them though. I was there when they started and watched and helped them get to where they are today.
Moron. Stop talking. No good music in Europe? Are you shitting me? Idiot.
AllC392Was wrote:How is Macca funny?

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

~Fallen Angel~ wrote:The best 30stm was the very first cd and the very first tour which i was part of. . They have never been the same. Sure , you exspect change....but a good one... They are really only popular in europe now. Europeons don't really have any good music so they love them. The whole war, fighting , rising again oh oh oh whoa whoa whoa thing is getting old. I still have a place in my heart for them though. I was there when they started and watched and helped them get to where they are today.
I don't even live in Europe (New England, USA) and I have to disagree with that. But to each their own. I don't even really know any "european" bands unless I just didn't know that a band I liked was european

devv88
Isolated

Post by devv88 »

Yikes.

~Fallen Angel~
TABN.com Citizen

Post by ~Fallen Angel~ »

Macca wrote:
Moron. Stop talking. No good music in Europe? Are you shitting me? Idiot.

Who the fuck do you think you are??? This is my fucking opinion , it's fine if you don't like it but it does not give you the right to call me an idiot or a moron or to tell me to stop talking. TO MODS?? Why is this allowed?

~Fallen Angel~
TABN.com Citizen

Post by ~Fallen Angel~ »

devv88 wrote:
Yikes.

Why yikes? , isn't it a bit childish to come into a thread and just write yikes??

~Fallen Angel~
TABN.com Citizen

Post by ~Fallen Angel~ »

Timotheus wrote:
~Fallen Angel~ wrote:Europeons don't really have any good music so they love them..
:facepalm

Well, it's true. Sorry you disagree but making a smilie is not acceptable. If you have something to say just say it...this board is made for discussion, not to come into a thread and post one word or just a smily. Can't anyone express themselves anymore? I notice a lot of people do the one word smily thing here. A lot!