The Doctor Who Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
nickgordon
TABN.com Citizen

Re: The Doctor Who Thread

Post by nickgordon »

I'm definitely liking the new direction they are taking this doctor. Its interesting to see the less goofy and more cold doctor. The giant plot holes are still there though.

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Re: The Doctor Who Thread

Post by TenaciousBe »

Resurrecting this thread from the depths of Page 5 to say that I finally dove into Doctor Who over the past couple years - at least the "modern" era (though I catch an odd old school episode on PBS once in a while). I'm caught up through Capaldi's first season, though I also skipped ahead and watched the most recent season as it was happening just cause I wanted to. I'm sure I didn't "get" everything as I will when I re-watch it in sequence, though. Hoping to plow through the rest of Capaldi's run this summer before the full-on debut of Jodie Whittaker. I know there is/was some resistance to the Doctor being a woman, but I'm super excited. Plus, it's sort of a soft reboot of sorts since Moffat is done writing, Capaldi and his companions are gone, and we get a new Doctor with new companions.

I know it's popular to claim Tennant as your favorite, but I've really enjoyed each of the Doctors in their own way. Same with the companions. I wasn't really fond of Clara at first as she felt like a sort of know-it-all, but she's growing on me. Looking forward to the new season and seeing what happens!
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.