What floats your boat?

Talk about anything and everything here.
gbruin
MEGLADONG

Re: We need to move this thread.

Post by gbruin »

zazthespaz wrote:
gbruin wrote:
zazthespaz wrote:
AB4Lyfe wrote:
zazthespaz wrote:
gbruin wrote:Went to the Apple Store today and while waiting I put the official Alter Bridge website or TABN on all the display laptops. It looked glorious.
Probably only the posts that make you look good.
So...all of them?
Pretty much. :pout
AB4Lyfe, thank you. :D

zaz, isn't there a senior citizen somewhere who needs your help typing something?
No, looks like you're doing fine on your own. ;)
This grinds my gears.

:lol :lol
Well played, amigo.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: What floats your boat?

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Today was October Birthdays on my moms side. We had a get together at our house to celebrate. After that I Just got back from spending the night out with my sister, cousins, their SOs and other friends. We went to a bar or something, had drinks and ate nachos for like 2 hrs. Then tomorrow (technically today as its Sunday 12:34 AM) we're all going to some place to do some indoor rock climbing in the afternoon and then The Walking Dead is on tomorrow evening. This weekend is turning out to be pretty good.

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

The fact I'm not dead after suffering from "regular" flu and stomach flu at the same time for 3 days :lol I got so used to being perma-hungry that now I feel weird when I eat.

I want October to end, I literally got 0 work done this whole month due to all sorts of bad luck.
Photobucket is responsible for my lack of signature today.

TABN Discord: https://discord.gg/sGXRGZ

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Today I found out a buddy of mine that I met online in Gears of War 4 (xbox game) a couple of weeks ago, is actually a Alter Bridge and Tremonti fan! He's known about AB since 2004 and has all their records. He listens to Tremonti as well as owns the 3 records. He's got shirts, The Box Set, posters, other merch, etc. and has done the meet and greet with the guys before in a concert years ago. For that, I'm already jealous of him. But man does it feel amazing meeting other AB fans online by sheer coincidence. We had a good discussion about them while playing Gears with him and my other buddies tonight!

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Only three days left until I take my surprise trip back down to Arizona. My last weekend there I was the Best Man at a wedding, and now this coming weekend the Groom of that wedding graduates and commissions as a United States Army Officer. He has no idea I'm coming down to see it, that floats my boat.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Creating on the guitar. Playing other bands stuff is fine. But there is something about writing your own parts that is SO satisfying.

I've spent most of this year working on pentatonic and blues scales. So nearly everything I write sounds like something from the Load/Reload albums. But I've always liked those, so yeah, lol.

Edit... next year it's time to learn a couple of more unconventional scales.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by The Plotblocker »

Buoyancy.
"Something something deny..... Something something blame..." - Myles Kennedy - Every lyric writing session.

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

My wife and I closed on our new house today. It's kind of scary to sign on for a 30 year mortgage, but I guess that's just part of being a grownup. She already owned her old house, so luckily I've been able to live rent-free for the last year and a half or so (paid on the family bills and food and such though). And she was able to put the equity of that house as a down payment on the new one, meaning we only have to borrow about 50 grand for a 5-bedroom, 2-bath mansion of a house compared to her old place. And with her 3 kids and a 4th on the way (my first!), we needed the space! The perks of small-town living. Plus, we're moving to the town where I work, so I'll be able to start bike-commuting to work in about a week when we get fully moved in. Excite!
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

Tigra
Isolated

Post by Tigra »

TenaciousBe wrote:It's kind of scary to sign on for a 30 year mortgage
I know that pain :lol Congratulations, though!

We have had a 50 sq m flat (2 rooms = 1 for kids + 1 room that was our bedroom, study and living room at the same time) and three weeks ago we moved into a 140 sq m house (3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms). What a relief - now we can finally breathe! :D

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

Congrats to both of you :D
I live in a 40 sq m apartment... We have a separate room where we sleep and have our two computers (barely fit), bathroom and living room/dining room + kitchen. It's okay for the two of us but when my bf's mom's in... it can be a struggle. + we're renting. I can't imagine us having enough to buy our own place, even one as tiny as this.

Tigra
Isolated

Post by Tigra »

Lotha wrote:I can't imagine us having enough to buy our own place, even one as tiny as this.
We didn't have it! (Un)fortunately one of the banks willingly agreed to become an owner of next two slaves :lol

For the time being 40 sq m doesn't sound so bad for the two of you... Does your bf's mum visit you frequently?

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Saw my Uncle for the first time in about 16-17 years today. Totally cool guy, very much like my Dad.

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

Tigra wrote:
Lotha wrote:I can't imagine us having enough to buy our own place, even one as tiny as this.
We didn't have it! (Un)fortunately one of the banks willingly agreed to become an owner of next two slaves :lol

For the time being 40 sq m doesn't sound so bad for the two of you... Does your bf's mum visit you frequently?
Still, no bank would accept slaves with no permanent jobs/income :D

She's in the process of getting Swedish citizenship but in the meantime has to spend a few months here in the country at a time. So when she's here, it's for a while.

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

Seeing my grandma smile through her fight with cancer. That floats my boat.
Thanks Andy!

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Family.

Post by gbruin »

Micky wrote:Seeing my grandma smile through her fight with cancer. That floats my boat.
Seeing you (and anyone in your shoes, as there are far too many) finding the moments of joy that are always there, no matter how rough things are all around. :hug
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

Tigra wrote:
Same here. 30 year mortgage! But we should be able to pay it off a little bit sooner than that. Either way, I'm 37 now, so that'll take me close to retirement age (if that's still a thing when I get there). I was lucky to find a girl who already owned her house, so we get to use the equity from that as a down payment, plus I've been at my job for a little over 10 years so that's stable enough for a home loan, even though my credit isn't the greatest. It's a hefty, lifelong investment, but I'm looking forward to it!
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

Tigra
Isolated

Post by Tigra »

Lotha wrote:She's in the process of getting Swedish citizenship but in the meantime has to spend a few months here in the country at a time. So when she's here, it's for a while.
Ugh... sounds like quite a challenge, if I'm to use my corpo-vocab...
Still, no matter how painful it is now, in ten years' time hopefully you will be laughing at those memories of all of you bumping into each other :hug Of course, provided that you don’t kill somebody first :lol

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

Tigra wrote:
Lotha wrote:She's in the process of getting Swedish citizenship but in the meantime has to spend a few months here in the country at a time. So when she's here, it's for a while.
Ugh... sounds like quite a challenge, if I'm to use my corpo-vocab...
Still, no matter how painful it is now, in ten years' time hopefully you will be laughing at those memories of all of you bumping into each other :hug Of course, provided that you don’t kill somebody first :lol
I laugh at it even now, though she still drives me crazy sometimes :D Still, right now it's just the two of us (for three more days!) So you could say that floats my boat :D

Tigra
Isolated

Post by Tigra »

TenaciousBe wrote:Either way, I'm 37 now, so that'll take me close to retirement age (if that's still a thing when I get there).
Sad but true.
And this is how I treat the mortgage to turn it from gear-grinder to boat-floater: I think about it as an investment. I have some kind of mental deficiency which prevents me from saving any money :lol so I just plan to sell the house when I reach my retirement age and to live on that money. But you know - if you want to amuse God, just tell Him about your plans ;) In fact, the entire thing is more scary than exciting for me so I basically adopted a denial strategy: out of sight, out of mind.
TenaciousBe wrote:I was lucky to find a girl who already owned her house
Well done, man! :lol :lol :lol Good criterion for selection :lol It's a pity I didn't come up with that idea when I was falling in love :lol

Tigra
Isolated

Post by Tigra »

Lotha wrote:I laugh at it even now, though she still drives me crazy sometimes :D Still, right now it's just the two of us (for three more days!) So you could say that floats my boat :D
Only a sense of humour may save you ;)

You made me think about good ol' times when I used to visit my bf and sometimes sleep at his family's house. His mom insisted – to put it mildly – that we sleep in separate bedrooms. We were like – wtf, why?! But what could we do… Well, one of us could creep to the other one’s bedroom after everybody went to sleep :lol

My memories float my boat :>