What floats your boat?

Talk about anything and everything here.
MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: What floats your boat?

Post by MaraCarr »

I bought a pool table! :)
Last edited by MaraCarr on Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

VooDoo Ranger IPA floats my boat...

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

MaraCarr wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 11:27 pm I bought a pool table! :)
Aw man, I'd LOVE to have a pool table! I've never had room for one. When I was a kid, my mom and I would go stay with a relative when we were visiting family out of state, and they had a pool table in the basement (where I slept while we were there). Surprised I got any sleep at all knockin' the balls around!
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

TenaciousBe wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:26 pm
Aw man, I'd LOVE to have a pool table! I've never had room for one. When I was a kid, my mom and I would go stay with a relative when we were visiting family out of state, and they had a pool table in the basement (where I slept while we were there). Surprised I got any sleep at all knockin' the balls around!
Do you still play? It’s an awesome way to relieve stress!😊

I grew up in bars. I learned to shoot pool at an early age!

I just moved into my apartment and I live alone! I decided that a bed is just waisted space! So I turned my bedroom into a game room! I will sleep when I’m dead… Physically speaking! :)

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

MaraCarr wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:20 pm
TenaciousBe wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:26 pm
Do you still play? It’s an awesome way to relieve stress!😊

I grew up in bars. I learned to shoot pool at an early age!

I just moved into my apartment and I live alone! I decided that a bed is just waisted space! So I turned my bedroom into a game room! I will sleep when I’m dead… Physically speaking! :)
I don't really spend much time in bars anymore, but on the occasion that I'm in a place with a table, I LOVE to play!
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

It’s all different now…

Post by MaraCarr »

I don’t hang out in bars anymore either… nor do I want to spend a small fortune playing a game I love and then have to sometimes wait to play! So I bought something that will keep me safe and at home mastering something I love! 😊

I’m saving to buy a house… one with a real game room and a bedroom!

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: unless I fail.

Post by zazthespaz »

My college decided to switch to shortened semesters this year in order to help students graduate faster, but I was left graduating at the same time because the final course I have to take is only offered in the spring and I didn't have the prerequisites completed to take it this spring. Due to the shortened semesters, I only have two courses left to take after this semester which is a total of 4 months, even though I won't finish until 12 months from now - so a lot of downtime which can be detrimental. I sent an email to my advisor to see if it was possible to have the course opened up in the fall and she checked with a few other professors and they agreed to open the final course up in the fall, so now I can complete my master's degree 6 months earlier than planned! Moral of the story - it doesn't hurt to ask!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

You could’ve played that up for a while. Can’t commit to too much work, still in school…

*logs onto Elden Ring*
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

Andy92 wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:07 pm You could’ve played that up for a while. Can’t commit to too much work, still in school…

*logs onto Elden Ring*

Procrastination…

I do the same thing. I usually clean house.. car… yard.. etc! Then I do my assignment! :)

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

MaraCarr wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:38 pm
Andy92 wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:07 pm You could’ve played that up for a while. Can’t commit to too much work, still in school…

*logs onto Elden Ring*

Procrastination…

I do the same thing. I usually clean house.. car… yard.. etc! Then I do my assignment! :)
I don’t think we procrastinate in the exact same way :lol
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: see: my dirty car outside right now.

Post by zazthespaz »

*logs onto Elden Ring*
What do you think I'm going to be doing next spring now that I don't have school? :lol

*logs onto Elden Ring*

Procrastination…

Those are the things I procrastinate from...
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: see: my dirty car outside right now.

Post by MaraCarr »

zazthespaz wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 3:03 pm

*logs onto Elden Ring*
What do you think I'm going to be doing next spring now that I don't have school? :lol

*logs onto Elden Ring*

Procrastination…

Those are the things I procrastinate from...

Well, I’m not very good at gaming (except for Shooting Pool and Twister) ... probably a good thing …because I wouldn’t procrastinate by cleaning anymore I would be logging on to “Elden Ring”…

;)