Video Game Bonanza!

Talk about anything and everything here.
Lotha
Colloquial

Re: Video Game Bonanza!

Post by Lotha »

Witcher 3. What a game, man.
Photobucket is responsible for my lack of signature today.

TABN Discord: https://discord.gg/sGXRGZ

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

My laptop can't handle it with a 650M video card. I mean, on the lowest settings it sort of can but I get this 1-2 second lag that makes things kinda difficult for blocking and parrying. I'll just have to wait until I get a beast machine.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Wanna play No Man's Sky.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Nick_917
Loyal Follower

Post by Nick_917 »

For the racing fans out there who want a challenge, I highly recommend DiRT Rally for PS4. It's very hard yet very rewarding. Incredibly realistic and fun!
"Whatever takes us away
Will be the same to drive us on."

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

Been playing Dark Souls 3. I'm doing a lot better this time than in the past. Not sure if that's due to updated game mechanics or me adapting. Still some really cheap moments from the game to make you want to rage quit though.

\m/Tremonster\m/
White Knuckled

Post by \m/Tremonster\m/ »

Been playing World of Tanks for the last year. Fun, but lots of dumb people :lol!

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

Up to the final boss in Dark Souls 3, playthrough clock reads about 45 hours which would be a few hours less if I didn't suck so bad on a few bosses. Abyss Watchers and Dragonslayer Armor really took me a while. Part of my problem was I used one of the slower weapons for the big damage boost.

Pretty solid game although they nerfed a bunch of stuff. Weapon durability has no purpose anymore as it resets at any bonfire rest, armor has little to no use anymore as they're all mostly the same defensive stats will varying weights and can't be upgraded anyway, and poise isn't connected to anything. It also felt like there was an abundance of useless loot this time around.

That being said, they came up with some pretty cool bosses. Alrich's arrow attack and the Lothric Princes' teleportation were pretty cool mechanics and some of the other bosses were pretty creative like the Rotten Greatwood and the way you have to take down Yhorm the Giant. Pontiff Sulyvahn was also pretty rad too although some of the bosses are fairly easy if you're overleveled when you come across them.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

May 6, new Battlefield game announcement.
Photobucket cash grab.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Or much of it for that matter

Post by zazthespaz »

Ryan wrote:May 6, new Battlefield game announcement.
I see that. Either WWI or future setting. I'm hoping future as I don't see trench warfare being much fun. Nor single shot rifles.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I kind of miss the WWII setting...people running up walls and triple jumping with booster rockets tends to feel a bit obnoxious after a while when a lot of games are doing it.

Now, futuristic in a way that Ghost Recon was going into the near future back in the mid-2000s by incorporating some advancements in technology that were realistic but didn't currently exist at the time would be fine by me.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Operation Metro would be so much easier...

Post by zazthespaz »

They didn't have any off the jet packs or wall jumping in BF2142 (that I'm aware of - I didn't play it) so if they do an updated version of that, I'd be happy. Although the gravity spikes in whatever COD it is that has them are pretty cool from what I've seen.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

[youtube]http://youtu.be/mBuxUmT9fx4[/youtube]
I AM SO FUCKING PUMPED FOR THIS GAME! :headbang

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

So, Battlefield 1....

Not quite sure how I feel about this one.
Photobucket cash grab.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Ryan wrote:So, Battlefield 1....

Just BF but in the past, so what's wrong with that? Although I've never played the series officially so maybe I wouldn't understand.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

Not sure if I'll like it. I was hoping they'd re-do 1942 or something. Loved that game...with updated graphics and the ability to destroy buildings and stuff it would kick ass!
Photobucket cash grab.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Hero mode: Lawrence of Arabia

Post by zazthespaz »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
Ryan wrote:So, Battlefield 1....

Just BF but in the past, so what's wrong with that? Although I've never played the series officially so maybe I wouldn't understand.
My concern was that it was going to be single shot rifles and lots of trench warfare, leading to slow gameplay. The full trailer looks pretty awesome though, graphics are definitely impressive. The train, battleship, and blimp could be sources of some pretty cool game modes I'm hoping. Not entirely sold on the game yet, but looking forward to more previews.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Ryan wrote:May 6, new Battlefield game announcement.
Looks fuckin good

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Left 4 Dead 2

Backward compatibility.. Thaaaaankyou Xbox

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

No Love for DOOM?!

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

CoD Infinite War trailer has over half a million downvotes making it appear in the top 25 list of most disliked videos on YouTube.

Idk, from what I've seen so far, Doom looks like it has a little bit of flash (not even a lot) and not a lot of substance. Doom 3 did an amazing job with atmosphere and tight spaces. This time around it looks like interactable workstations and keypads have been replaced with "push x" terminals, levels seem very open and undetailed, there are now QTE combo finishes and platforming / double jump / jetpack mechanics to placate the ADHD, never stop / instant gratification crowd. Just looks like an arena twitch shooter to me, and it doesn't even look that pretty - looks like it's running on the Halo 2 engine or something. It looks like it will be closer to the very old school type of Doom 1 / 2 gameplay with reskins which some people will probably love, but honestly, I think more than 20 years later we can do better.