Video Game Bonanza!

Talk about anything and everything here.
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: Video Game Bonanza!

Post by anguyen92 »

Oh man, Totalbiscuit passed away today. This really makes me sad. I liked his content and I knew he was a huge wrestling fan and heavy metal, especially Iron Maiden. He will be missed. I'm going to be blasting Angel's Son from Sevendust now.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

I keep playing COD:WWII all the time and I just cant believe there are so many people that are THAT good at it? I mean I'm not bad.. But some people, holy shit

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

Breath of the Wild is the greatest game I've ever played. I constantly play it 5 nights a week for about an hour solely to unwind. I'll just restart a new file and play it again when I beat it. It's such a large and all-encompassing game that its replayability value is astronomical.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

AB23 wrote:Breath of the Wild is the greatest game I've ever played. I constantly play it 5 nights a week for about an hour solely to unwind. I'll just restart a new file and play it again when I beat it. It's such a large and all-encompassing game that its replayability value is astronomical.
It was one of the most entertaining playthroughs of a video game I ever had. Sometimes large RPG-style games like that get tiresome with the grinding for items, but I always had fun playing Breath of the Wild.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Arctic
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Arctic »

The Witcher 3 is absolutely my favorite game of all time, I've been playing it nonstop since I got it, probably finished it 7 or 8 times, including expansions. CDProjektRed are absolute geniuses and I can't wait for Cyberpunk 2077, it's my most anticipated game release in years.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: who wants to buy me an rtx card?

Post by zazthespaz »

Arctic wrote:The Witcher 3 is absolutely my favorite game of all time, I've been playing it nonstop since I got it, probably finished it 7 or 8 times, including expansions. CDProjektRed are absolute geniuses and I can't wait for Cyberpunk 2077, it's my most anticipated game release in years.
I haven't played the Witcher series, but hearing how good they are and seeing that 40 minute preview makes me want Cyberpunk2077 pretty bad. Gonna need some money to upgrade my pc though :lol
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I’m like halfway (?) through the Witcher 3. It’s a great game, I just don’t always feel I have the time to immerse myself in giant RPG games. But it’s definitely one of the best games I’ve ever played. I just need to dedicate myself to playing through the rest of it.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: BF4 for life.

Post by zazthespaz »

The BFV beta reminds me of BF1. I don't like BF1. Probably not going to get BFV.

- You start with 2 mags worth of ammo (about 50-60 rounds) and they go quick
- Vehicles don't seem to respawn on a regular basis so walk everywhere or spawn on a teammate who is inevitably in the middle of 5 enemies
- Nobody seems to understand you can revive your teammates regardless of class
- Nobody uses the build feature (and when I do, I always get shot)

Battlefield used to be a fun, grab a vehicle, run into a firefight, die, and repeat type game. Now it's walk 300 yards, hope nobody kills you along the way, get killed by an unseen enemy, wait 10 seconds for someone to revive you, nobody revived you so now you have to wait 7 seconds to spawn, and repeat. I was lucky enough to find a plane and get about 10 kills in it and I was having no fun in it the entire time.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

One of my friends is a huge Battlefield fan, so I played Battlefield 1 with him for a while when it first came out. I guess I didn’t mind the pacing of the game because I was so tired of the CoD style shooters of spawning in, getting a few kills and then dying relatively quickly, spawning back in, repeat. The fast pace of shooters was getting annoying with stuff like jet packs and grappling hooks in every single game. That’s fine in Overwatch, but I like “real” FPS feeling more realistic. So I liked Battlefield 1 well enough.

Can’t say I’m a fan of this new beta though. Having every class being able to heal makes the healing class from old games kind of pointless. This game overall just doesn’t feel quite right to me, and I don’t think it’s up to the past standards of Battlefield. Considering this is the same company coming off some recent Star Wars Battlefront debaucles, I’m starting to lose faith in DICE in general. They were the only good thing about EA lol.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: my new BFF

Post by zazthespaz »

I was playing PUBG with my dad whose birthday is in a month. This ensued :lol

anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

I'm not much of a gamer, but I'm kind of excited for the Switch Online and its access to old NES games. I haven't gotten to try it out yet, but looking forward to playing around with it soon. :)
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Like GoT though, don’t understand half of it.

Post by zazthespaz »

Holy crap Witcher 3! WHAT A GAME!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: That's what she said.

Post by zazthespaz »

zazthespaz wrote:Holy crap Witcher 3! WHAT A GAME!
Just finished the last expansion. Put 141 hours into this game over the past 2 months (woo unemployment!) and am gonna miss it. They did a great job with character development and storytelling, especially at the end of the DLC. I could go back and replay it, but knowing what's going to happen takes away from the story for me. Gonna be a hard hole to fill.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

If anybody wants to buy me Crash Team Racing, The Witcher 3, or some other kind of game for my birthday, I wouldn't say no. :lol
Thanks Andy!

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

Anyone play Resident Evil biohazard? I'm sitting down to play it for the first time after getting it for christmas.
Thanks Andy!

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

I just got a PS4 the other day. Been playing Spider-Man. I like it, they did a pretty good job with it. Reminds me a bit of the Batman games, which were also good.
Photobucket cash grab.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

The Arkham series was phenomenal. I may have to get Spiderman if it's anywhere close. I hate this Marvel thing in movies and games right now. I got tired after the 7,000,000th movie in the series. But I have a soft spot for Spiderman and Spiderman only.

joshuabeau
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by joshuabeau »

AB23 wrote:The Arkham series was phenomenal. I may have to get Spiderman if it's anywhere close. I hate this Marvel thing in movies and games right now. I got tired after the 7,000,000th movie in the series. But I have a soft spot for Spiderman and Spiderman only.
Get it man. Spider-Man is so so good. It reels you in from the very beginning.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: JUST LIKE REAL LIFE!

Post by zazthespaz »

Anyone play Stardew Valley? I got it on iOs when it came out and loved it. Supposed to be a big patch coming out soon that brings it up to speed with the other systems. I'm wondering if it's worth buying on pc too so I can transfer saves and play on a bigger screen. Sometimes the touch controls aren't the best and I give bad gifts to the wrong people...
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

EVEN BETTER THAN REAL LIFE...maybe

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

I dont play Stardew Valley but right now Im obsessed with the app game Township :lol