What are you listening to right now?

Talk about anything and everything here.
AHart96
Rise Today

Re: What are you listening to right now?

Postby AHart96 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:55 pm

gbruin wrote:Do you feel...aLIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIve??!!

I haven’t stopped listening to this one since the album came out, easily the best song they’ve done since Cry of Achilles

Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Postby TenaciousBe » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:07 am

Listening to the newest Goo Goo Dolls album, Miracle Pill. I saw a sponsored ad video for their latest single on Facebook a while back, and was saddened and surprised at how much negative feedback it was getting. That crossed my mind tonight, so I went to Google Play to give the album a little listen -- and was also saddened (but happy) and surprised to see that they've been consistently releasing new albums every 3 years and I never knew about it. Last single of theirs I think I've heard anywhere was Let Love In back in 06. I'm sad that top 40 radio apparently doesn't care about them anymore. Why have they fallen so far into obscurity? I don't get it. Everyone will squeal with nostalgia when someone plays Name or Iris or Slide, but god forbid they keep up with the new stuff. :/
Image Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

UninvitedZero
White Knuckled

Postby UninvitedZero » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:00 pm

Aside from Walk The Sky, I've been jamming the TWO new albums from Texas country badass Cody Jinks. After The Fire and The Wanting were released a week apart. Good stuff.
Now more than ever what we need
Is love to replace all the obscene

:peace

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Postby anguyen92 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:26 pm

TenaciousBe wrote:I'm sad that top 40 radio apparently doesn't care about them anymore. Why have they fallen so far into obscurity? I don't get it. Everyone will squeal with nostalgia when someone plays Name or Iris or Slide, but god forbid they keep up with the new stuff. :/

I think the same can be said for other bands with that kind of style (Matchbox 20, Daughtry, Three Doors Down, etc.). Honestly, I don't know much about the Goo Goo Dolls except that their lead singer did the track from Treasure Planet, I'm Still Here (Jim's Song), and I only know that track because I saw it in a commercial a long long time ago when the movie was promoted. That stated, I listen to the song nowadays and it's a pretty good song to me.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Postby One Drew Remains » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:55 pm

A Boy Named Goo and Dizzy Up The Girl are two of my favorite 90's records. (Along with all of the Collective Soul records)
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Postby anguyen92 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:12 pm

Saint Asonia's Flawed Design album. The 29th album released in 2019 that I have listened to.

I'm not expecting greatness or innovation, just give me some decent post-grunge/alternative metal along the veins of recent Breaking Benjamin, and I'll be a happy guy.

MuffinMcFluffin
Isolated

Postby MuffinMcFluffin » Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:23 am

TenaciousBe wrote:Listening to the newest Goo Goo Dolls album, Miracle Pill. I saw a sponsored ad video for their latest single on Facebook a while back, and was saddened and surprised at how much negative feedback it was getting. That crossed my mind tonight, so I went to Google Play to give the album a little listen -- and was also saddened (but happy) and surprised to see that they've been consistently releasing new albums every 3 years and I never knew about it. Last single of theirs I think I've heard anywhere was Let Love In back in 06. I'm sad that top 40 radio apparently doesn't care about them anymore. Why have they fallen so far into obscurity? I don't get it. Everyone will squeal with nostalgia when someone plays Name or Iris or Slide, but god forbid they keep up with the new stuff. :/

Well, that's the problem right there. I hate today's popular music, so when a band that I like plays that kind of music, that doesn't help anything. That makes me not like them in turn, and Iris is my favorite song of the 90s.

Anyway... outside of WTS, I'm listening to Jimmy Eat World's new album Surviving. Currently, my favorite track on that one is Delivery.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Postby One Drew Remains » Sat Nov 02, 2019 7:01 pm

Clint Lowery - Kings
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19

Return to “General Discussion”