Page 451 of 457

Re: What are you listening to right now?

Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:40 pm
by anguyen92
Skillet's Victorious album. The 18th album released in 2019 that I have listened to.

Well, based on what I heard in their first single for the album, Legendary, it looks like Skillet is picking off where they left off with Unleashed (which was a so so album for me compared to the previous three albums) incorporating more poppier and electronic elements to their sound. Unleashed Beyond which included a song Breaking Free that featured Lacey Sturm was really good so there's still hope for me yet to enjoy another new Skillet album.

I hope this is a good album since I will be seeing them in a month along with Sevendust and they got another big US tour with AB in the fall and I wouldn't want to hate an album they are doing a tour in support of, especially if AB is co-headlining with them.

Re: What are you listening to right now?

Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:03 pm
by AHart96
anguyen92 wrote:Skillet's Victorious album. The 18th album released in 2019 that I have listened to.

Well, based on what I heard in their first single for the album, Legendary, it looks like Skillet is picking off where they left off with Unleashed (which was a so so album for me compared to the previous three albums) incorporating more poppier and electronic elements to their sound. Unleashed Beyond which included a song Breaking Free that featured Lacey Sturm was really good so there's still hope for me yet to enjoy another new Skillet album.

I hope this is a good album since I will be seeing them in a month along with Sevendust and they got another big US tour with AB in the fall and I wouldn't want to hate an album they are doing a tour in support of, especially if AB is co-headlining with them.

Yeah, not a huge fan of this album. Pretty disappointed, but not surprised after Unleashed. “Rise” is probably my favorite record, and it’s been a pretty sharp decline since then. I at least had The Resistance and Breaking Free from the last album that I LOVED. Here, I think Victorious, Terrify the Dark, and Anchor are the only songs that stuck with me and I think they are playing things EXTREMELY safe these days and creating some really uninspired music

Re: What are you listening to right now?

Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:31 pm
by Andy92
I actually like this one a good bit. It’s better than Unleashed and has a lot of pretty good stuff. I liked the pre-album singles (Save Me is a standout) and I really enjoy Terrify the Dark as well as Back to Life and the title track.

Collide through Awake will probably always be my favorite era of the band, but I was pleasantly surprised with this one.

Re: What are you listening to right now?

Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:40 am
by Andy92
Tool - Fear Inoculum

Re: What are you listening to right now?

Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:40 pm
by Dolo
Andy92 wrote:Tool - Fear Inoculum


What do you think, man? I like the bit in the middle where they do a polyrhythm between Jones and Chancellor and the outro obviously, but other than that, a pretty typical Tool track.

Re: What are you listening to right now?

Posted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:29 pm
by Andy92
Dolo wrote:
Andy92 wrote:Tool - Fear Inoculum


What do you think, man? I like the bit in the middle where they do a polyrhythm between Jones and Chancellor and the outro obviously, but other than that, a pretty typical Tool track.

Yeah that’s pretty much my line of thinking on it as well. Get a bit of a vibe like Reflection from it. I do like when Maynard gets a bit more aggressive so hopefully there’s some of that in this album. I read that the album is 83 minutes and only 7 songs lol. I liked this song, but it feels more like a teaser of what’s to come (hopefully).

Re: What are you listening to right now?

Posted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:48 am
by anguyen92
Slipknot's We Are Not Your Kind album. The 19th album released in 2019 I have listened to.

I don't care much for Slipknot when it comes to the bands that Corey Taylor is in (Stone Sour is great though) and the previous album did not do much for me to change that, but a new album can change all of that.

Re: What are you listening to right now?

Posted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:50 pm
by One Drew Remains
Def Leppard - High N Dry album

I'm eventually learning every one of these songs.

Re: What are you listening to right now?

Posted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:57 am
by gbruin
Kamelot - Vespertine (My Crimson Bride)


Re: What are you listening to right now?

Posted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:51 pm
by anguyen92
Been listening to Devour the Day and Pop Evil in getting ready to see them open for Sevendust and Skillet in LA. I don't know why I initially wrote off Pop Evil. They got some decent stuff,

Edit: All right, finally going to listen to Sevendust's whole catalog. I didn't think too much about the self-titled and Home and I think the main songs (Black, Bi***, Denial, Waffle, etc.) of it were the right calls to pick as main singles. That stated, I am listening to Animosity and holy cow, this album rules. Why did it took me so long to listen to this, I have no clue why. I don't know why Octane and Turbo don't play more from it aside from Angel's Son.

Re: What are you listening to right now?

Posted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:45 am
by anguyen92
Bump Of Chicken's Aurora Arc album. The 20th album released in 2019 I have listened to.

So I have one JPop/JRock as my favorite album of the year so far (that's Aimer's Sun Dance). I must say, I'm really enjoying the style of it and I've been listening to these guys' catalog from time to time and I'm enjoying the calm vibes of it.

Re: What are you listening to right now?

Posted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:49 pm
by One Drew Remains
Have you become comfortably numb?

Re: What are you listening to right now?

Posted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 2:09 pm
by anguyen92
^^ No clue, on another note. I am really enjoying Sevendust's Animosity and Seasons albums. I feel like they are hitting their stride in this period.

Re: What are you listening to right now?

Posted: Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:28 pm
by gbruin
Nothing More - Fade In/Fade Out



Such a beautifully bittersweet song.

Re: What are you listening to right now?

Posted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:57 am
by AB4Lyfe
gbruin wrote:Nothing More - Fade In/Fade Out



Such a beautifully bittersweet song.


Yeah I don’t know if my Dad is just getting old or what, but this is one of my favorite songs. Bittersweet, like you said.

Re: What are you listening to right now?

Posted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 7:49 am
by One Drew Remains
Imo, Animosity is by far the best 7D album.

Re: What are you listening to right now?

Posted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:55 am
by TheEndisHere
anguyen92 wrote:Been listening to Devour the Day and Pop Evil in getting ready to see them open for Sevendust and Skillet in LA. I don't know why I initially wrote off Pop Evil. They got some decent stuff,

Pop Evil is pretty good IMHO, especially the Onyx album. Their last album was meh except Waking Lions & Rewind.

Re: What are you listening to right now?

Posted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:09 pm
by One Drew Remains
Diamond Heads Coffin Train album

Still the best rock record I've heard this year

Re: What are you listening to right now?

Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:40 pm
by anguyen92
Finally getting to listening to Skillet's catalog starting with their self-titled. Am I listening to Bush or something in this album?

Re: What are you listening to right now?

Posted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:40 pm
by One Drew Remains
Oh, just wait until Invincible.