What are you listening to right now?

Talk about anything and everything here.
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: What are you listening to right now?

Post by anguyen92 »

Man, I had such a fun time listening to Coheed and Cambria's discography. This may the first band that I have listened to a catalog blind before going to a concert that I really enjoyed. I did it with Evanescence and In Flames before their respective concerts and I didn't enjoy their catalog as much as Coheed and Cambria. Now it's time for me to listen to the other co-headliner of this concert bill. I have high hopes for this. If this is a band that Myles really likes, it can't disappoint.

Mastodon's Remission album.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Collective Soul - Blood

I've always been a CSol fan. Blood was released Friday. I have to say other than the lead single "Right as Rain" and another track or two, I'm pretty disappointed. Very poppy. Not nearly enough rock. Might give it another listen or two and see if there are any growers
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Btw, can't wait till the end of the year to do a best albums of the decade thread.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Meytal - Delusion

Such a beautiful song. And, yeah, but she's a kickass drummer, too.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

So I finished listening to Mastodon's catalog, and honestly, I didn't enjoy them as much as I thought I would. I don't know why, but I think it comes down to the vocals not being too much in my preference. Also, and I don't know if this is a correct thought, but I find some parts of the production in their albums to be a bit messy. I wonder in AB's attempt to heavily distinct themselves from other bands they are associated with (Creed, Slash, Tremonti, Myles solo) that they thought going the way of Mastodon was the best way to go and that's why the production of the later AB albums can be a bit polarizing to say the least? Just food for thought.

I'm still looking forward to the show tomorrow and I'm looking at the set times and I can honestly say that I'm pretty thankful that Coheed and Cambria is the last band and getting the most amount of time (they get 90 minutes, Mastodon gets 70 minutes, and Every Time I Die gets 40). I dug listening to Coheed and Cambria and I like their latest album and happy they are playing a good amount of stuff from it. Anywho, I'm getting listen to as much of Every Time I Die as I can. Only got the info that they are opening back at the Rob Thomas show I was at when the Greek Theater was advertising future shows for this year.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Well, duh

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

I listened to "To Peace" by Submersed. Man, what a fun song.

I enjoyed the first half of Submersed's first album, but the only song I seemed to like off their second album was "Life Without You".

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Been listening to Airborne's newest album, Black Dog Barking. It's a lot of fun.
Altered:

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Queensryche - Open Road

I was at this show last weekend and was about 1-2 people behind the person filming this.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

So, I'm seeing Shinedown in two weeks and they sadly got three opening bands which means Shinedown will probably play for around 75-80 minutes which is BOOOO. I get why bands want to have opening bands to get new bands exposure in front of bigger crowds, but having three opening bands is just overkill for me. They could have just remove one of them and keep Dinosaur Pile-Up and Badflower since those are the bands getting some exposure on Octane and Active Rock and then all three bands can play longer.

Anyway, I'm going to listen to Dinosaur Pile-Up's Celebrity Mansions and Badflower's OK, I'm Sick albums. The 15th and 16th album released in 2019 that I have listened to.

Edit: All right, time to listen to Shinedown's discography in full. Never did this when I first saw them back in 2013 since that show was basically a last minute thing back then.

Shinedown's Leave a Whisper album. Let's see how this holds up 15+ years later.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

All right, I've relistened to Shinedown's ATTENTION ATTENTION album. I think I was a bit too harsh when I initially heard it. There were some fine songs to me like Attention Attention, Pyro, Get Up, Special, and Brilliant. I'm still not keen on Devil or The Human Radio and a few others. Still, I look at where they started from Leave a Whisper and Us and Them to now and it's a bit of a shock that they were still the same band.

Is this is how people feel regarding AB from ODR and Blackbird to Fortress and The Last Hero and probably going to be the similar route based on how they sound on Wouldn't You Rather? Despite those changes that AB did, it didn't feel as radical compared to when Shinedown really changed their sound. At least, I still love present-day AB as much as the ODR/Blackbird days so it does come down to preference on how my thoughts on Shinedown nowadays and they are still doing big amphitheater/arena tours in the states.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Scott Stapp's The Space Between the Shadows album. The 17th album released in 2019 that I have listened to.

Wow. 6 years since the last time he has released a new solo album which I can get why it took so long. The big meltdown in 2014 and the aftermath of him trying to rebuild his life. He was the new singer for Art of Anarchy and even though I didn't find the album interesting to me, it could have been a solid thing for him to do, but it didn't work out because he ended up getting sued (what was the end result of all of that?). Anywho, I got a good feeling about this new album. He seems to be in better spirits nowadays and seems to turn things around for the better. I liked Purpose for Pain so we'll see if the rest will be all right.

cheesedip1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by cheesedip1 »

im actually liking some of the songs from the new Stapp album.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

New Saint Asonia song. The Hunted featuring Godsmack's Sully Erna. Nothing fancy or complex. Just ok standard post-grunge/alternative metal that I like and that's fine with me.
Last edited by anguyen92 on Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

anguyen92 wrote:New Saint Asonia song. The Hunted featuring Godsmack's Sully Una. Nothing fancy or complex. Just ok standard post-grunge/alternative metal that I like and that's fine with me.
Wanted more Sully Urna, but otherwise a decent track.

TayUmSwift
Brand New Start

Post by TayUmSwift »

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Meytal - Hydra

Love this song and album.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Queensrÿche - Bent

Damn, I love this band and this song and this album. The Verdict is almost five months old and it sounds better each time I play it.
Last edited by gbruin on Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

TayUmSwift wrote:
Nice try, Taylor. We all know that's you in disguise. Just profess your true love for Alter Bridge and get it overwith!
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.