What are you listening to right now?

Talk about anything and everything here.
AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Re: What are you listening to right now?

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Andy92 wrote:Nothing More - Fade In / Fade Out
Such a gorgeous song.

Pantera - Cemetary Gates

welshsteve
Brand New Start

Post by welshsteve »

Listening to an album I haven't listened to in a long time. Forever Changes by Love. "A House Is Not a Motel" is on at the moment
Thanks

Steve

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Breaking Benjamin - Feed the Wolf

I think this single better than the first :cloud9

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Breaking Benjamin - Feed The Wolf and Three Days Grace - The Mountain

Honestly its when songs like these ones are released that make me realize how lucky I am to have discovered Alter Bridge and Tremonti :lol

The riff at 2:10 in Feed The Wolf starts off sounding like Disturbed's Down With The Sickness :lol

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Breaking Benjamin - Feed the Wolf

I legit enjoyed Feed the Wolf. Moreso than Red Cold River.

I don't know what the heck do you mean by that comment, Shea. "Its when songs like these ones are released that make me realize how lucky I am to have discovered Alter Bridge and Tremonti."

I love AB and Tremonti, as well, but Breaking Benjamin still churns out great songs, even with a new line-up. Three Days Grace, not so much with a new singer. Breaking Benjamin also delivered a tremendous show when I saw them in Anaheim, last year. The most expensive ticket I ever bought though (about $60.00), but I blame that more on Live Nation/Ticketmaster on that one than the band. Cheap parking though (only $6.00 that day).

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Lol, that really sounded like Down With the Sickness.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

John Carpenter soundtracks on vinyl (on YouTube). Played the Escape From New York theme for my name that riff competition on my Facebook. Going to learn the Christine theme.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Monstercat: Instinct's Radio playlist on Youtube

I've always heard good things about the Monstercat brand on Youtube, and hear a lot of Twitch streamers use their songs on their streams (so that their vods do not get demonetize and still play music) and I liked a fair amount of songs that their channels have. It's good stuff.

Probably what I need right now as I get that feeling that I feel at times of being burnt out of listening to rock/metal and everything that comes with it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Justin Timberlake's Man of the Woods album. The 3rd album released in 2018 that I have listened to.

Well then. I'm sure the music world did not expect a JT album going into 2018, but after five years past the 20/20 Experience double album, I'm sure people want more from this guy. I'm sure the expectations from the follow-up from the 20/20 Experience albums is going to be high, and the first two singles were "ok," not too much to my liking, but the 3rd one, Say Something with Chris Stapleton was pretty good. Heck, the music video for Say Something was really good. They did this in one take in a building with lots of old-school elevators and stairs and had a choir during the last chorus. I thought the video editing was good.

Let's see how the rest of the album is. 16 songs totaling 66 minutes though. Not an expected length for a pop superstar of his size like him, even though the two 20/20 Experience albums were lengthy as well, 70 minutes+ each.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

anguyen92 wrote:Justin Timberlake's Man of the Woods album. The 3rd album released in 2018 that I have listened to.

Well then. I'm sure the music world did not expect a JT album going into 2018, but after five years past the 20/20 Experience double album, I'm sure people want more from this guy. I'm sure the expectations from the follow-up from the 20/20 Experience albums is going to be high, and the first two singles were "ok," not too much to my liking, but the 3rd one, Say Something with Chris Stapleton was pretty good. Heck, the music video for Say Something was really good. They did this in one take in a building with lots of old-school elevators and stairs and had a choir during the last chorus. I thought the video editing was good.

Let's see how the rest of the album is. 16 songs totaling 66 minutes though. Not an expected length for a pop superstar of his size like him, even though the two 20/20 Experience albums were lengthy as well, 70 minutes+ each.
Good timing for an album release. He’s performing the Super Bowl halftime show, this will allow him to capitalize on that if he performs these songs well.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

^^ Yeah, indeed. I feel like if this does not sell like over 1 million copies in the first week after tens of millions of people going to watch his halftime show, then something's gone awry in this industry.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Filthy was amazing. That last chorus is absolutely brilliant. I lked Say Something as well. Can't wait to hear the full album.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Well, Big Wreck concert is in a month for me. Typically, I would go ahead and listen to the entire band's discography before the concert and this is no exception. However, since they are celebrating the 20th anniversary of their debut album, In Loving Memory Of..., in this tour, I decided to listen to that album last, so I'm going to go backwards in terms of revisiting Big Wreck, starting with this.

Big Wreck's Grace Street album.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

John Carpenter Anthology
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Edguy - Save Me

Power metal is awesome. Power metal ballads just aren't fair.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Theee scaaarlet rose has diiiied. Loooost iiiiinsiiiiide the niiiight.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Exactly. :bow
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

A Perfect Circle - Disillusioned
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Saxon's Thunderbolt album. The 4th album released in 2018 that I have listened to.

Well, I always had the presumption that Saxon was on the more overlooked British heavy metal bands and maybe if certain aspects fall better, they probably would have been really popular up there with Maiden and Priest. In any case, I never really hear anyone say bad things about Saxon and their music over the years, and while I am not expecting Iron Maiden levels of modern greatest, I'm sure Saxon can produce a decent album in these modern times that plays to their strengths.