What are you listening to right now?

Talk about anything and everything here.
agny
On The Rail

Re: What are you listening to right now?

Post by agny »

Hi, friends, joining in. I will try to muffle my sobbing and sniffling. For years when I felt anxious or lonely or depressed, Chris's voice and lyrics made me feel less alone. I can only take a few songs at a time right now :(

Alterations: Dec 2010, May 2011, August 2011x2, Sept 2011, Oct 2014x2

agny
On The Rail

Post by agny »

Cheered myself up a little by blasting this and dancing around.
Alterations: Dec 2010, May 2011, August 2011x2, Sept 2011, Oct 2014x2

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Papa Roach's Crooked Teeth album. The 14th album released in 2017 that I have listened to.

Now, I always say it. P Roach's albums aren't technical masterpieces, but they are consistently good and they got some strong songs in those albums. I heard the singles of Crooked Teeth so far and some of those were good (Crooked Teeth and Help) and some were not that great, but let's see how the album is.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I'm in a good mood. So let's keep going.

Linkin Park's One More Light album. The 15th album released in 2017 that I have listened to.

My take about this whole nonsense debate that's been going on in the internet about them switching up their sounds is this. Music is music. If it's good to hear, then it's good to hear. If it's not, it has nothing to do with the whole "You guys are living in the past, get over it and move on!"

I like a variety of stuff so far this year from guys like Ed Sheeran, Big Wreck, Ayreon, Seether, and P. Roach, so if I don't like this Linkin Park album, it's not because I want the "Hybrid Theory/Meteora" sound (I don't even have heard those albums in full, so I don't have an attachment to that sort of sound, and I really don't feel like I have any interest in listening to them. Mainly just due to laziness and general not caring). If I may not like the new Linkin Park album, it is just because I don't like how it sounds to me.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Ang, listen to Hybrid Theory and Meteora. I guarantee you have already heard the majority of those records, but it is the best of Linkin Park.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Double post, umm...

Periphery - Flatline (last song I listened to)

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I might upset Hartie by saying this, but I really like the new Paramore album.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

Timotheus wrote:I might upset Hartie by saying this, but I really like the new Paramore album.
Meh, I'm not too offended. I gave the album a few listens, not my cup of tea but good on them for fully committing to doing something different artistically no matter what others think. Much respect for that.

I don't think it was a bad album, definitely enjoyed a couple songs and liked it a good bit more than the self-titled
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

AHart96 wrote:
Timotheus wrote:I might upset Hartie by saying this, but I really like the new Paramore album.
Meh, I'm not too offended. I gave the album a few listens, not my cup of tea but good on them for fully committing to doing something different artistically no matter what others think. Much respect for that.

I don't think it was a bad album, definitely enjoyed a couple songs and liked it a good bit more than the self-titled
It might help that I never was a huge fan. Riot! is an amazing album but for the rest I've never had a connection with the rest of their catalogue besides a song here and there, and had pretty much given up on them by now. Genuinely surprised how much I like this album.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Rest, Repose - Polaris

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Watching Bill Kelliher's The Sound and the Story DVD I got autographed at the Mastodon show last month.

Trying in vain to play Ember City. Amazing riff writer.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

Rest, Repose (Self-Titled Album)
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Well, I might as well get on the Paramore train then.

Paramore's After Laughter album. The 16th album released in 2017 that I have listened to.

I'm really surprised. I would think after the year I listened to in 2016, I wouldn't think I would find a lot of modern band acts to listen to in 2017, but I've been hearing a lot of new stuff of bands from the 00s (Seether, Papa Roach, Linkin Park) and stuff like Stone Sour, Rise Against, and Nickelback has got albums on the horizon. Still haven't reached the highs of 2016 to me, but the more new music I get to listen to from these sorts of bands, the better for me honestly.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Kind of excited to see how the Stone Sour album turns out.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

AB4Lyfe wrote:Ang, listen to Hybrid Theory and Meteora. I guarantee you have already heard the majority of those records, but it is the best of Linkin Park.
Just saw this post. As I state before, I don't listen to certain albums, because I'm lazy or I don't care about that band in general. I heard those albums are the best of Linkin Park and full of great stuff worth listening to. I just don't care enough about Linkin Park as a band to listen to it. Kinda like Green Day. I'm willing to listen to their latest album as a curio, but don't really care enough about them as a band to listen to an album like Dookie (even though that album has been known as a classic).

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

With Curtains as a first single and now this song, the new Arcane Roots album is shaping up to become pretty spectacular.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

There really was no-one to touch him back in the day. Jesus man. :no

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Zac Brown Band - Goodbye in Her Eyes

If I had heard this song, four years ago, everything in life would have made sense and I would have felt a lot better around that period.

Kreuger33
Loyal Follower

Post by Kreuger33 »

One of my fave bands just released their 3rd album on the 19th. The Night Flight Orchestra are a classic (dad) rock/AOR band. Late 70s, early 80s rock n roll. Keyboards/synth solos along with guitar, some sax, some disco sounding stuff. Its both retro and modern. I love it. Here's a video.

https://youtu.be/puLWLR28LDg

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

More reasons I love Todd LaTorre and Queensrÿche. Listen to them pull this one off.

Say Hello 2 Heaven, with Todd's moving dedication to Chris before the song.

Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die