Why religion is unlogical

Talk about anything and everything here.
IzziSixx
Bought The CDs

Why religion is unlogical

Post by IzziSixx »

Alright, so we have some religious people here, right? What makes you think your religion is correct? What makes you think it's the one true religion? I'm not trying to offend anyone, I'm just endlessly curious when it comes to the topic of religion. Most religions seem as though they're just made up reasons for things we once couldn't figure out, that science has helped us with since then. Since we didn't know, we figured it must have been the mysterious workings of invisible higher beings. I feel it's pretty outdated. But, I may be wrong. Discuss.

(Original thread here: http://www.thealterbridgenation.com/for ... 660&hilit=)

Josiah

Re: Why religion is unlogical

Post by Josiah »

Fuck.

ThravRande
Burn It Down

Post by ThravRande »

Fuck's sake
Myles Kennedy wrote:I think you're as sharp as.... whatever's sharp.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Regardless of what you believe, threads like this help stretch your thinking to help you understand why you believe what you believe even if your thoughts don't sway anyone else.

Although the thread title could probably use a revamp. I'd just call it the "Religious Discussion Thread" or something similar, but that's not my call. :P
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

IzziSixx
Bought The CDs

Post by IzziSixx »

Andy92 wrote:Regardless of what you believe, threads like this help stretch your thinking to help you understand why you believe what you believe even if your thoughts don't sway anyone else.

Although the thread title could probably use a revamp. I'd just call it the "Religious Discussion Thread" or something similar, but that's not my call. :P
Part of the reason why I love threads like this.
I kept the name for nostalgia's sake, I thought about changing it, but it didn't feel right.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

IzziSixx wrote:
Andy92 wrote:Regardless of what you believe, threads like this help stretch your thinking to help you understand why you believe what you believe even if your thoughts don't sway anyone else.

Part of the reason why I love threads like this.
I kept the name for nostalgia's sake, I thought about changing it, but it didn't feel right.
Yeah I can understand keeping the same name, just seems like the name itself causes some to start posting in here with a chip on their shoulder. Seeing "unlogical" still cracks me up though haha.

IzziSixx
Bought The CDs

Post by IzziSixx »

That's true, but I think a lot of people will anyway, just because they feel someone's challenging their religion.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

I would change this thread title from "unlogical" to "illogical" because it irks me, but I feel that the fake word undermines the non-religious argument, so the thread title shall stand!

olof79
Rise Today

Post by olof79 »

:lol

Epic re-threading.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I missed you, 'why religion is unlogical' :hug
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Merinda
Sig Queen

Post by Merinda »

I'm torn when it comes to religion. I was raised Catholic but rebelled once I hit about fifteen. Still don't know what to believe.

Macca
Greg

Post by Macca »

Oh Izzi <3
AllC392Was wrote:How is Macca funny?

Vaux
Isolated

Post by Vaux »

For all you believers on here, I will be passing around the collection plate shortly. Pay back Jesus for all your sins. And my Cadillac needs new brakes, too.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Merinda wrote:I'm torn when it comes to religion. I was raised Catholic but rebelled once I hit about fifteen. Still don't know what to believe.
I swear I still believe, though I don't know. :)

Josiah

Post by Josiah »

I've studied religion vs. no religion and that sort of thing pretty much my whole life. I've come to the conclusion that when looking at it from that way, nobody can ever really know. Because scientifically, there's no conclusive proof either way. The reason that I'm a Christian, however, is that I've experienced God. I posted a lot of my stories on the old thread. If anyone wants I'll post them again. The reason I know that God is real is because I've seen explainable things in my life. I could go on posting all the different reasons why scientifically God makes sense, I'm sure we've heard it all before. And that pretty much gets us nowhere. Bottom line, I respect those who do not believe something simply because they are scared of going to hell or because their family pressures them into it. It's okay to be skeptical, just don't close your heart to it. I hope everyone has the chance to experience God at some point. You just have to not close your heart to it.

Macca
Greg

Post by Macca »

Hahahahahahaha Josiah I loved they stories. Post them again. Didn't someone claiming to be God show up at your door with cakes or something
AllC392Was wrote:How is Macca funny?

IzziSixx
Bought The CDs

Post by IzziSixx »

I actually would love to hear those stories

AlterBlade
White Knuckled

Post by AlterBlade »

GOD IS REAL
GOD IS REAL