Which next gen console will you buy?

Talk about anything and everything here.

Favorite next gen console?

Playstation 4
36%
X-Box 720
28%
Wii-U
12%
Ouya
4%
Other (please specify)
No votes
None of the above
20%

Total votes: 25

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: noob.

Post by zazthespaz »

Ryan wrote:Xbox.

But I want them to work on a way to get on a server and play, say, battlefield 3 and I'm on my Xbox and can play on the same team or against Harry on his PC and zaz on his PS3.
I heard they did put consoles against pcs and the pcs dominated cause they can react quicker with the mouse. It'd be the same if you played battlefield on your xbox against me on my ps3, you'd get dominated by me, because I'm awesome and you're a pussy. ;)
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

ThravRande
Burn It Down

Re: Which next gen console will you buy?

Post by ThravRande »

Portal 2 had PC-PS3 Co Op.

VS would be hard to do though. There would have to be two separate lobbies to create games from- Console games and all platforms.

Console gamers would have to step it up, adjust joystick sensitivity to compete with mice... It would be hard, but it could be done.

But none of that will ever happen because Microsoft won't let it. Maybe we'll see more PC-PS3 stuff, though.
Myles Kennedy wrote:I think you're as sharp as.... whatever's sharp.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I had a game called Shadowrun that allowed for Xbox vs PC users on the same server. Was a cool concept, but the game play could get buggy with more than one or two PC users. Plus the PC users could use a ton of hacks not possible on consoles (at least harder to achieve).

I don't see a game like Battlefield doing that unless they get dedicated servers across all platforms. And that would most like mean PC and PS3 users would have to pay more. From all my online experiences, Xbox Live has always been the best...which it should since it costs.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Re: compare our stats...mine are better than yours

Post by Ryan »

zazthespaz wrote:
Ryan wrote:Xbox.

But I want them to work on a way to get on a server and play, say, battlefield 3 and I'm on my Xbox and can play on the same team or against Harry on his PC and zaz on his PS3.
I heard they did put consoles against pcs and the pcs dominated cause they can react quicker with the mouse. It'd be the same if you played battlefield on your xbox against me on my ps3, you'd get dominated by me, because I'm awesome and you're a pussy. ;)
lol bitch.
Photobucket cash grab.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

LMAO fuckin' zaz.

I'd go for xbox every time.

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

I've never understood the love for X-Box. My main gripe is the controller & cost to play online but I guess that could all change with the 720.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: probably the latter.

Post by zazthespaz »

JaredWard wrote:I've never understood the love for X-Box. My main gripe is the controller & cost to play online but I guess that could all change with the 720.
Me too. On top of that, I don't have many friends, and out of those friends I have fewer with Xboxes, and so far I've seen 2 using their Xbox on HD tv's but their xbox is still in 3:4 ratio format leading me to believe it's either hard to configure, so not user friendly that it doesn't correct itself like the PS3, or I have dumbass friends.

that being said, if I spring for a new console, it'll most likely be the PS4.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Macca
Greg

Post by Macca »

You have dumbass friends
AllC392Was wrote:How is Macca funny?

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: makes me look smarter though!

Post by zazthespaz »

Yeah I know... :mope
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

Yeah, dumbass friends.

I had a PS2 and Xbox back in the day and always preferred the PS over Xbox. Then, all my friends had an Xbox 360 and none had the PS3. So, I got the Xbox 360. Took a bit to get used to the controller (never played the Xbox much cause I was used to the PS2 controller), but not too long. I tried playing CoD Black Ops with a friend on his PS3 (now he gets one...dick) and couldn't get used to the controller again :lol
Photobucket cash grab.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

Oh and as for the cost to play online...it's the cost of buying a game and it lasts one year. Not that big of a deal. Plus, not many issues like I've heard with PSN. I always get my membership for my bday too, so I never pay for it ;)
Photobucket cash grab.

Nick
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Nick »

The Xbox 360 controller is by far the most comfortable controller I've ever used but then again, I'm a freak with giant hands.
gbruin wrote:Everything Nick says is true. Even when he disagrees with me. Then it's extra true.

Dayviewer
Isolated

Post by Dayviewer »

PC upgrade and probably Ouya, PS4 when it get's a decent library and pricedrop
Formerly known as Benjami

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I always thought the 360 had the best controller to date. Play Station controllers are way too small for me. The original Xbox has bulky controllers, but once the 360 came out, they got a ton better.

And xbox live is only $40 a year if you buy it off Newegg during the holiday sales. That's usually when I get it. And as I said in an earlier post, it's the most dedicated online service I've ever used.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Macca
Greg

Post by Macca »

360 has better exclusives. The only Playstation exclusive I care about is Uncharted. 360 has been better for RPG's this gen too, which is my genre of choice.

JaredWard
Blood Machines

Post by JaredWard »

They're pretty even exclusive wise. Sony has Uncharted & God of War and Microsoft has their huge Halo franchise. I think Wii has the advantage in that department though (Mario, Zelda, Donkey Kong, Metroid etc.) several legendary characters to choose from - I disagree about the online cost but that's just me. I'll never pay to play online games when I can play them for free on other systems + PC. PSN isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be and hopefully they'll make it even better when PS4 rolls around. I guess the main thing I'm looking for in a system this time around is price point & hardware. All of my favorite games are usually available on all consoles but with the Ouya coming out I might have to pick it up too.

10topprs
Bought The CDs

Post by 10topprs »

PS4, of course :P

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

I'm not an online-obsessive geek though, so the online differences between PS3 and xbox360 mean fuck all to me, honestly. I love the xbox dashboard, and I'm just so used to it now.

I actually only got the xbox for Assassins Creed when it was only available on the platform when it first came out.. The idea of Assassins Creed and GTA on the xbox 720 makes me wanna squirt.

Macca
Greg

Post by Macca »

Assassin's Creed came out on ps3 and 360 at the same time

Jhenrid
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Jhenrid »

I'll get both the wii u and ps4, I might get an xbox if microsoft stop trying to force kinect on everybody and get back to making real games. I'll wait to see what happens with Ouya because I don't think it's going to get the support from the main games I like to play.