TABN Spotify Playlist

Talk about anything and everything here.
Andy92
You Waste Your Time

But Greg can change it allllllll

Post by Andy92 »

gbruin wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:04 am
Andy92 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:37 pm All right here you go Cam lol

Light The Torch - The Safety of Disbelief
Times Of Grace - Strength in Numbers
Starset - My Demons
Nothing More - Do You Really Want It
Papa Roach - Crooked Teeth
Yeah, I love Nothing More! That song is so strong.
I saw them open at a show a few years ago when they were just starting to break out and they blew me away. Always liked them since then but that song really stands out.

You may like Times Of Grace too if you’ve never given them a listen. A lot of purposeful lyrics in their songs too.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Y’all need to learn how to converse.

Post by zazthespaz »

Has anybody else listened to this other than me? I was expecting more conversation than “post song list > silence.”
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: Y’all need to learn how to converse.

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

zazthespaz wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 1:54 pm Has anybody else listened to this other than me? I was expecting more conversation than “post song list > silence.”
I'm checking it out right now, zaz. :lol Maybe I'll write up a post of thoughts on each song I've heard so far before bed tonight :lol :D

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: TABN Spotify Playlist

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

1. Black River - The Tea Party: Good song, the vocalist has a voice that reminds me of someone I've heard before but I can't put my finger on it. :lol :headscratch

2. Blue Eyes Blind - ZZ Ward: This song and this artist really reminds me of some of the female artists my dad listens to while painting for some reason :lol Not exact sound-a-likes or anything but vocally it just gave me that kinda vibe so I'm used to hearing songs like this around the house :lol

3. Tumbleweed - Big Something: The instrumentals have a nice beat/groove to them throughout the song, with the mixing of the song it felt like the vocalist was kinda pushed back a bit so he was fighting for attention with the instruments to me at some points. Liked the solo at the end. Don't really get to hear solo's with that tone often with the music I listen to :lol

4. Daylight - Grace Potter: Song has a very soulful-vocal vibe. Once again another female artist I could see my dad vibing to while painting :lol Nice instrumentation throughout the song, didnt expect the song to ramp up like that in the middle of it but it was a welcomed surprise :lol Liked the dynamics of the song tho.

5. Silver - Minus The Bear: Sonically this song has a laid-back/chill vibes kinda sound to it between the sound of the instruments and the tone of the vocalist. (But then again most songs will sound that way to me if they're not hard rock heavy metal riff fests so :lol) Enjoyed the solo!

6. No Easy Way Out - Robert Tepper: The song and the intro especially gives me a 80s techno/pop vibe. I think the instrumentals of the song are what stands out for me the most.

7. Welcome To The Black Parade - My Chemical Romance: A blast from the past, I've heard this song plenty of times from either my sister or just online and while I'm not necessarily a fan of MCR, I don't think its a bad song, just not something I ever seeked out to listen to. Nostalgia helps the song tho :lol

8. I Sever - Sylosis: Digging the acoustic intro, that quickly faded out and made way for some banging riffage :lol I dont think I'll ever be a fan of the vocal style :/ But Instrumentally Sylosis could definitely be up my alley! Nice guitar solo and drumming throughout.

9. Too Bad - Rival Sons: Liked the recurring riff and the vocalist is definitely more my style. Song has a good sound and vibe to it. Always a plus when a song has a guitar solo. Enjoyed the drumming but didnt really notice it until near the end after the solo :lol

10. PRIDEFUL - NF: I wasnt expecting the rapper to come in at all after that vocal intro :lol It definitely wasnt something I expected to come across on this playlist for some reason :lol But the song had a nice beat and rhythm to the guys vocals in the rapping parts.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

11. Rescue - Times of Grace: I like the song from an instrumental and clean vocals standpoint, but once again the tone/delivery of the harsh vocals aren't my jam. Liked the dynamics in the song.

12. Heavy Is The Crown - Daughtry: Chris Daughtry has an easy listenable voice, and the instrumentals were decent, overall nothing really negative to say about the song.

13. A.I - Red: I used to be into Red so I know what to expect from these guys and pretty much got that :lol I dont mind Michael's vocals until he starts to screaming. :lol They've always had good instrumentals and lots of good riffs and this song has that.

14. At The End of A Bar - Chris Young, Mitchell Tenpenny: Full disclosure; I don't like country :lol So this song definitely wasn't for me sonically. :/

15. Remix (I Like This) - New Kids On The Block: I feel like once I've heard a NKOTB song I've heard them all so it was pretty much what I expected to hear from them. Probably wouldn't mind if it was on in the background or something but would never choose to listen to their music on my own :lol

16. My Therapy (Instrumental) - Kamelot: Definitely a song thats more my vibe stylistically. Interesting choice to pick the instrumental version instead of the original one. But the fact I dont have vocals to sway my opinion of the rest of the song might be good :lol

17. Tears of The Dragon - Bruce Dickinson: Instrumentally it's a decent song and when Bruce sings in the lower register its fine but to be honest I've never been a fan of the tone of Bruce's vocals when he sings in the higher register like in the chorus. Nice guitar solo/middle section of the song!

18. Last Train Home - Armored Saint: Not a fan of the vocals in this song, they just didnt really do much for me. Nothing really stood out to me instrumentally, either. :/

19. Hydra - MEYTAL: The intro of this song is definitely more my style. :lol The vocalist has a decent voice and at some points it kind of reminded me of Dustin Bates from Starset in the higher notes and the main riff is actually very reminiscent of a Starset song :lol Nice big chorus. Nice drumming throughout.

20.Vexed - Todd La Torre: Nice acoustic intro, Instrumentals are more my style and the melody was strong. Todd has a decent voice to listen to until he starts to sing a bit higher like in the middle of the song :lol Decent solo.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: So many :lols

Post by zazthespaz »

Not what I had in mind, but neat to see, thanks Shea. Your dad has a good taste in music when he paints.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: So many :lols

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

zazthespaz wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:34 pm Not what I had in mind, but neat to see, thanks Shea. Your dad has a good taste in music when he paints.
Well I wasnt exactly sure what other kind of discussion you wanted or was going to happen in the thread so I figured song-by-song opinion posts was better than nothing :lol

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Have not listened to a Papa Roach song since... I don't know? 1016 maybe? Was a nice surprise to have that song come on and actually quite like it.

I have had this playlist on during work, the last week. Have been enjoying a lot of it. Liked a lot of Dolo's prog, Minus The Bear, The Witch... Also some of the more "divergent" songs like Wonderful Life or Oasis.

Edit: I added a new song. After above's post, I had an irresistible urge to listen to Bring Me The Horizon's Wonderful Life :D
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Timotheus wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:41 am Have not listened to a Papa Roach song since... I don't know? 1016 maybe? Was a nice surprise to have that song come on and actually quite like it.
You’re welcome. You may also like the song Help off that same album. It’s got a bit of a pop-punk flair to it.

Also, happy 1,000th+ birthday.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Andy92 wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 10:25 am
Timotheus wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:41 am Have not listened to a Papa Roach song since... I don't know? 1016 maybe? Was a nice surprise to have that song come on and actually quite like it.
You’re welcome. You may also like the song Help off that same album. It’s got a bit of a pop-punk flair to it.

Also, happy 1,000th+ birthday.
I've not fought in crusades to now be mocked by "Americans".
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

I would listen to it, but I don't have a spotify account and Joella definitely won't want these songs on her spotify account :lol
I'm planning on listening to the songs one or two at a time throughout the next few days.

When are we allowed to add new ones?
Thanks Andy!

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: More “Shea’s-dad” music headed your way

Post by zazthespaz »

Micky wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 7:44 am I would listen to it, but I don't have a spotify account and Joella definitely won't want these songs on her spotify account :lol
I'm planning on listening to the songs one or two at a time throughout the next few days.

When are we allowed to add new ones?
I made the Apple Music comment with you in mind!

Let’s do a refresh on Monday. I guess 2 weeks is enough time since it slowed down.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

TABN Members Parents Spotify Playlist next?

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

zazthespaz wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:00 pm I made the Apple Music comment with you in mind!

Let’s do a refresh on Monday. I guess 2 weeks is enough time since it slowed down.
Oh no now I only have 2 days to finish the playlist before its too late. :eek

zazthespaz
Kumar

Post by zazthespaz »

Added 5 more, figured things had slowed down so it was a good time to refresh the list a bit. Feel free to do the same!

--Old--
Black River - The Tea Party
Blue Eyes Blind (Live) - ZZ Ward
Tumbleweed - Big Something (if you like this, check out "Waves" on the same album)
Daylight - Grace Potter
Silver - Minus the Bear
--New--
Driving in Style - Thundermonster
Touch - The Trews
For My Sorrow - The Fallen State
Black Holes (Solid Ground) - The Blue Stones
Ring of Fire - Brian Owens
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Decided to add some post-rock/instrumental love:

If These Trees Could Talk - The First Fire
Tides From Nebula - Higgs Boson
Toska - A Tall Order
Plini - Selenium Forest
John Petrucci - Temple of Circadia
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

Here's a few songs I think you guys may like:

Seemed Like a Good Idea by Mitch Rossell. Mitch is actually a friend of mine and he's a damn good singer

Let Me Fall Apart by Light the Torch

Sane by Fozzy

Dangerous by Shawn Austin (he's a canadian country singer and one of my favorite singers out there today)

Fly On The Wall-The Violent (This band is made up of 3 members of Red Sun Rising who were awesome and while their sound is different, I still quite enjoy them)
Thanks Andy!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I'll make my edit at some point. I hope you guys liked what I put in there in the first batch.

I'm thinking the theme of my list will be collaborations. I'll see if I can come up with a list I like.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

All right, here is my new list for the playlist. The theme will be collaborations. While seeing Lindsey Stirling last Monday, she played one of her songs that featured a vocalist that most of us probably know and one that Lindsey really wanted to work with for a long time. The other songs features various connections and one random Aimer song (since I like her voice and her songs).

Out:
SawanoHiroyuki[nZK] - Into the Sky
Hiroyuki Sawano - Inferno
Aimer - Cold Rain
Default - Caught in the Moment
Mike Shinoda - Prove You Wrong

In:

Lindsey Stirling featuring Amy Lee - Love Goes On and On
Owl City featuring Lindsey Stirling - Beautiful Times
Adam Young (Owl City) and Armin Van Buuren - Youtopia
Armin Van Buuren and Sharon Del Adel (Within Temptation) - In and Out of Love
Saint Asonia featuring Sharon Del Adel - Sirens

Edit: All right, I got a good chain here and I managed to get one hard rock song in the fray in this list of electronic music. Dang it, I couldn't fit an Aimer song though. All right, that one will be in the next batch then.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Can't waste time singing along if there's nothing to sing to.

Post by zazthespaz »

Dolo wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:36 pm Decided to add some post-rock/instrumental love:

Toska - A Tall Order
Plini - Selenium Forest
Had a short workout today and these lasted me for the whole thing and loved it! I need to start exploring some instrumental rock I guess.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Dolo
Burn It Down

Re: Can't waste time singing along if there's nothing to sing to.

Post by Dolo »

zazthespaz wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 6:11 pm
Dolo wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:36 pm Decided to add some post-rock/instrumental love:

Toska - A Tall Order
Plini - Selenium Forest
Had a short workout today and these lasted me for the whole thing and loved it! I need to start exploring some instrumental rock I guess.
Cheers mate. Gonna be trying to put something a little bit different each time I update the playlist. Thinking of doing some ambient stuff next.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp