What grinds your gears?

Talk about anything and everything here.
zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Now I just need to turn off my computzzzzzzzzz

Post by zazthespaz »

Didn't mean to ignore Mara's post - I bet that moaning gets annoying. I understand being in pain, but isn't moaning a voluntary reaction?

Professor already responded to my email (still before I heard from any group members!) and said she is going to try to put me in another group or allow me to work on my own! I might be able to sleep tonight now!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Cuts like a knife, but it feels so right...

Post by MaraCarr »

I hated group projects in college.

One thing the moaning patient has taught me is that no matter what the expression may be..if its different from everything else...It disturbs us.

When my coworker started moaning in unison with her...it made me lighten up...I gave him a go to hell look at first but then I laughed, and suddenly realized this 40 year veteran nurse (the moaning patient) was teaching me a valuable lesson.

Leadership.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Re: THANKS TRUMP...

Post by Timotheus »

My girlfriend and I both tested positive for Covid.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

Timotheus wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:22 pm My girlfriend and I both tested positive for Covid.
My other half recently got COVID but I never got it, despite her getting it from a gig I played.... and our continuous close proximity afterwards. Weird how that works.

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

Timotheus wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:22 pm My girlfriend and I both tested positive for Covid.
Hopefully you guys are okay, buddy. Will be praying for you!
Thanks Andy!

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Regardless, make sure to lay it on thick when talking about it

Post by zazthespaz »

Good luck Timo! How’s it been so far? Nothing too serious I hope!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Re: Except I've been complaining non-stop

Post by Timotheus »

Thanks guys :cheers

It feels like a long, exhausting cold. I know some people have it a lot worse, so I'm not going to complain.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

ThravRande
Burn It Down

Re: What grinds your gears?

Post by ThravRande »

You know what grinds my gears? When someone makes less than 25 posts in 8 years but they just keep showing up. :X
Myles Kennedy wrote:I think you're as sharp as.... whatever's sharp.

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

Timotheus wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:44 pm Thanks guys :cheers

It feels like a long, exhausting cold. I know some people have it a lot worse, so I'm not going to complain.
Yo, Timo. You still with us? Hope you and your other half came out the other side.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Crumbso wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:33 am

Yo, Timo. You still with us? Hope you and your other half came out the other side.
Sorry for the late response! We made it through :D All good now for us both. Life's back to normal-ish :cheers
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

Timotheus wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:16 am
Crumbso wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:33 am no

Sorry for the late response! We made it through :D All good now for us both. Life's back to normal-ish :cheers
So happy to hear you guys are ok! My family had it they just lost their taste and smell and felt bad a few days. I’ve had patients that were fine and I’ve had patients that died from it. I’m grateful I haven’t had it although I’m a travel nurse and have taken care of hundreds… some in Covid units. I also got vaccinated and it made me incredibly ill… I was sick all night in a hotel room alone… it was awful! But I woke up!😊

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: What grinds your gears?

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Tried making soft pretzels yesterday and fucked up the water-to-baking soda ratio and didnt use a big enough pot so now they're inedible and I have to buy more baking soda and redo them again :/

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Hazing!

Post by MaraCarr »

As a travel nurse...I've learned that the first week on a new contract ...the nurses always ...put you through initiation. :). I survived!

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Usually works on the new EMTs, but nurses shouldn't fall for that one.

Post by gbruin »

Did they send you to central supply to pick up more fallopian tubes?
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Hell Week!

Post by MaraCarr »

gbruin wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:03 pm Did they send you to central supply to pick up more fallopian tubes?

LOL …that’s funny… No…Not exactly. They gave me all the work. They left me to care for a lot of people and everyone ignored me when I asked for help.

So I … took a deep breath, pulled up my pants and put a tight knot in my shoe laces, I gave myself a quick pep talk, “This is Not Your First Rodeo” “ You got this!”
I worked alone the rest of the day and took care of my patients the way they deserved to be cared for… It was hard, I was sweating buckets…But I did it… I finished and walked out with my head up! ;)

I have two beautiful days off… I treated myself to a very nice dinner and will find something fun to do tomorrow! :)

gbruin
MEGLADONG

There are so many things wrong with that...

Post by gbruin »

MaraCarr wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:28 pm
gbruin wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:03 pm Did they send you to central supply to pick up more fallopian tubes?

LOL …that’s funny… No…Not exactly. They gave me all the work. They left me to care for a lot of people and everyone ignored me when I asked for help.

So I … took a deep breath, pulled up my pants and put a tight knot in my shoe laces, I gave myself a quick pep talk, “This is Not Your First Rodeo” “ You got this!”
I worked alone the rest of the day and took care of my patients the way they deserved to be cared for… It was hard, I was sweating buckets…But I did it… I finished and walked out with my head up! ;)

I have two beautiful days off… I treated myself to a very nice dinner and will find something fun to do tomorrow! :)
Yay. Enjoy the free time!

On the topic of your job, we had a patient in the ED last night with a combo Metformin OD and AKA who had a gap of like 35 and Cre over 10. ICU and tox wanted to dialyze him but all the machines (in our level 1 trauma center and big tertiary referral hospital) were already actively being used, at 2am in the morning, and they couldn't find any other available machines around the city to bring in. I think they finally interrupted one patient to take the machine. It's absurd in 2022 that the best hospital in a major city in the US doesn't have enough resources to care for its sickest patients, but hey, protect those freedoms and don't get a vaccine! It's such a f***ing mess here right now.

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: There are so many things wrong with that...

Post by MaraCarr »

gbruin wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 9:04 pm
MaraCarr wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:28 pm

Yay. Enjoy the free time!

On the topic of your job, we had a patient in the ED last night with a combo Metformin OD and AKA who had a gap of like 35 and Cre over 10. ICU and tox wanted to dialyze him but all the machines (in our level 1 trauma center and big tertiary referral hospital) were already actively being used, at 2am in the morning, and they couldn't find any other available machines around the city to bring in. I think they finally interrupted one patient to take the machine. It's absurd in 2022 that the best hospital in a major city in the US doesn't have enough resources to care for its sickest patients, but hey, protect those freedoms and don't get a vaccine! It's such a f***ing mess here right now.

That’s awful …. Poor patient and I hear it all the time lately… My daughter is an ED nurse, she said there was 20 still in the waiting room when she left work today.

I don’t know the facts of that particular situation but it’s probably more related to a staffing shortage than a machine issue. There are usually plenty of machines… just not enough trained nurses and techs to operate them. I know the dialysis treatments in this area have been cut to 3 hours instead of 4 hours to assist with needs. But obviously it’s not enough!

I think I’m going to ride “The Beast” tomorrow just to let go of some stress before working on Saturday!

gbruin
MEGLADONG

I've seen it rainin' fire in the sky...

Post by gbruin »

Well it's a staffing shortage, then I know where your next travel assignment should be.

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: I've seen it rainin' fire in the sky...

Post by MaraCarr »

gbruin wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:23 pm Well it's a staffing shortage, then I know where your next travel assignment should be.
Prayers for you guys, I hope things get better! :)

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

When it’s snowing at the beach!

Post by MaraCarr »

Ice storms at the beach…
And your flight gets delayed after you get up at 5 am to be ready in time!