What grinds your gears?

Talk about anything and everything here.
Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Re: What grinds your gears?

Post by Andy92 »

This thread just turned into the nerd zone.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

TTournier wrote:
gbruin wrote:I should clarify - by "management" I don't specifically mean Tim or any one person. I just mean exactly what you refer to at the end of your comment. Why can't things just go smoothly for these guys? There's always something....the record label changes, singles that went nowhere, videos that didn't get made, social media snafus, recorded concerts that were never released, the interference by other bands/projects, the box set fiasco, the lack of radio airplay, old songs being held hostage. It's crazy that these guys are still taking two steps forward and sliding one step back. They deserve better.

Well - I am AB's Manager.. so I guess Ill reply to this. ( i am back bitches..)

Mark let something slip out that shouldn't have been said yet and it upset the promoters because when you do festivals (like the ones we are playing in a few days) you have announcement restrictions. its business... We were told this interview wasn't going to come out until after our official announcement - long lead press stuff, but it got out. I had to kill it... sorry not sorry.

Record label changes - This all happened before my time but its actually good to change your label.. fresh eyes on the project - new ways to market. its always a gamble - for sure - yet you have to take chances / make movements to grow. Everyone complains that we aren't growing - well, ya can't do the same action and expect a different reaction.

Singles -
AB records has to pay for our own radio. I know a lot of folks think they know how it works BUT they don't. :)
a top ten single cost $120,000 cash up front - minimum.
Pappa Roach... Seether.... Pretty Reckless had number 1 singles for weeks... spent hundreds of thousands of dollars. The albums came out and sold the lower numbers than our first week sales.. Its plan to only spend "X" amount at radio, its called an awareness track - push ticket sales and let the fan base to grow by touring more (which you have to admit, this has been the most touring they have ever done - and we aint done yet!) and with different kinds of acts. IE Gojira / Volbeat / In Flames / Non Point / Disturbed / Breaking Benjamin.
Moral of the story - radio doesn't mean album sales, doesn't even mean ticket sales these days.

Videos -
Not sure what you mean there...

Socials -
What Snafus? If thats at me personally, I am pretty passive but take no shit from man, woman or beast.. If i put someone on blast - its because they have done some shady shit behind the scenes... Got to trust me on that (or just spokeo said person to see their arrest record..) Trust me, i don't like having to be "The bad guy".

Shows recorded but not releases:
I record every show - not everything is meant for the public, somethings are for the guys... got to respect that.
If you mean the Milan dvd, I can't go into detail much more than this - If you could see what the band signed up for vs what happened - you would understand. I have heard both sides of THAT story - I personally believe the band.

Box Set:
Same as above.... The guys feel really bad about it but it was out of their hands.. before my time but from what I have seen - I think you all know what happened there as well.

Other bands:
Distance makes the heart grow fonder.

Songs Held Hostage:
Just today we launched the presale for the Rarities - which has everything the guys own / ever recorded that was a "B-side" on it.
*Just a note - sometimes you write a song, record it, the whole 9 yards but it just doesn't "fit" the album. Got to respect the guys choices on that.. But again - now all of those songs are out there for the world to see.

I also feel the guys deserve better, thus we are changing the way we do our business!

Hope this helped and answered some of your questions.

Good to be back.
Tim
That's great, Tim. Thanks for some of the background on those things. I understand lots of stuff happens behind the scenes that we never fully know, so I always give the benefit of the doubt to the band, and you, too (e.g, Milan, the box set, the nonsense with WindUp, etc)!

As for the social media issue, I was thinking specifically about a time that Micheal posted a particular photo on FB and the photog got upset about its use and after some back and forth very publicly blasted the band. I believe Mark ended up donating 10X the cost of the photo to a charity, but lots of people were very unfairly angry at the band even after they went above and beyond to rectify a situation they hadn't created. Just unnecessary criticism and chaos.

We 100% agree the band deserves better than what fate has played so far. Obviously rock and roll doesn't always go smoothly. I just wish it went moreso for these guys. But we're all looking forward to the future, and thanks tons for explaining some of these things and for all you do, Tim!

:cheers
- greg
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

All is well in the world of AB.
Andy92 wrote:This thread just turned into the nerd zone.
So how about that Beren and Luthien book?
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Timotheus wrote:
Andy92 wrote:This thread just turned into the nerd zone.
So how about that Beren and Luthien book?
:D
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

I really hate how cheap luggage is vs how much it costs. Some plastic, a little bit of aluminum and some "durable" fabric and I have to pay $150 bucks for an item that tears at the zipper the 2nd time I use it? Had to duct tape and superglue it back together to keep my stuff from falling out on my return trip last month.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Today I offered my seat to a pregnant girl in the bus, but the 10 seconds leading up to this moment were so extremely nerve-wrecking, because let's be honest.. You don't want to offer a non-pregnant girl your seat. I was like 90% sure.

Stuff like that shouldn't be this hard!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Tigra
Isolated

Post by Tigra »

Timotheus wrote:You don't want to offer a non-pregnant girl your seat.
Why not?
Back in the days men / boys used to offer seats to women / girls just because good manner required that. You think she would feel offended? (that you took obesity for pregnancy)

Tigra
Isolated

Post by Tigra »

I am personally angry, mad, furious or whatever else, beyond anything you can imagine, that Prague is just 4 hours drive away and I wasn't there although I had been planning that since February. The circumstances were just not fortunate enough. And God knows when they will visit neighbourhood again.

And apart from that I'm insanely jealous for all who will attend RAH... It's like a dream coming true :)

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Tigra wrote:
Timotheus wrote:You don't want to offer a non-pregnant girl your seat.
Why not?
Back in the days men / boys used to offer seats to women / girls just because good manner required that. You think she would feel offended? (that you took obesity for pregnancy)
Lol yea, back when men oppressed women but at least were chivalrous.

To be honest I'm not sure how a girl would react in a situation like that, but I find it hard to believe that she wouldn't feel bad about it. Sitting down for 10 minutes vs. somebody politely implying that you look like you're pregnant..
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Tigra
Isolated

Post by Tigra »

Now, in these days men still oppress women but stopped being chivalrous at all if you want to use such general arguments ;)

I just recall my mom's stories how public transport used to look like and she is shocked how she is treated nowadays.
Was she oppressed then? Probably yes. Am I oppress today? Sure.
Does one have anything to do with the other? Don't think so.

I remember a boy offered me a seat long time ago and I wasn't pregnant and I didn't look like I was. I was very grateful because on that particular day I was exhausted but inside I was wondering wheter I already looked so old so he felt forced to do that. Now I suppose he was just well-mannered.

Anyway, I think it is sad that you had to analyse it all and think it over because you weren't sure what the reaction would be.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Tigra wrote:And apart from that I'm insanely jealous for all who will attend RAH... It's like a dream coming true :)
Same here. I'm trying not to be that bitter petty guy, but damn I know so many people who are traveling to the shows, and now AB is discussing adding a 3rd. And still, nothing in my state.

8) I Know It Hurts
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Tigra wrote:Now, in these days men still oppress women but stopped being chivalrous at all if you want to use such general arguments ;) .
Haha, touché!
Tigra wrote:and I didn't look like I was.
Well, there you go, lol.

I always get up for old people by the way.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Tigra
Isolated

Post by Tigra »

gbruin wrote:Same here. I'm trying not to be that bitter petty guy...
I'm trying, trying as hard as I can.
But fail regularly.

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

This heat! And the fact that my landlord has been avoiding us for some 20 days now (basically since the last time he collected rent) because he knows we want to discuss getting the AC and splitting the cost. I'm gonna make him sit here at my spot for just 5 minutes anywhere in the noon-evening timeframe when the sun is on this side, see how he likes it, the fucker. *so angry*
Photobucket is responsible for my lack of signature today.

TABN Discord: https://discord.gg/sGXRGZ

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

On the way to Florida. Between Birmingham and Montgomery, three different wrecks. A two hour drive took almost four.

Going to watch a Montgomery Biscuits game tonight, and drive on to Perdido tomorrow. Hoping the storm has moved out by then.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

I bailed on going out with my friends tonight, and I have absolutely no idea why.

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

Yesterday was a shit day. Got let go from my job of 3 years out of the blue over the phone and had my car broken into and important stuff was stolen. This has not been my year so far
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Firing someone over the phone is a chicken shit way to do things. Good luck finding a new one, Hartie.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Job intervieeeews.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Being stuck behind somebody who's walking slightly more slower than you are.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.