What grinds your gears?

Talk about anything and everything here.
Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Re: poor cameron, he's not andy

Post by Andy92 »

zazthespaz wrote:
The Plotblocker wrote:
Lotha wrote:What DIDN'T you do :v
Er, the washing up? Take out the garbage? Remember your birthday? :lol

But seriously, I dunno why, that why I am asking? Contrary to women's beliefs, men are not psychic ;)
She's got a boyfriend dude. Just a heads up ;)
I can fight him.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: poor Andy and his delusions.

Post by zazthespaz »

The Plotblocker wrote:Ah right. Nah, that's not men, I would be outta that place by now. That is just stubborness. I know just as many women as I do men who would be that stupidly stubborn, just because they made up their mind already.
zazthespaz wrote:
The Plotblocker wrote:

But seriously, I dunno why, that why I am asking? Contrary to women's beliefs, men are not psychic ;)
Seriously? We can;t just have a laugh here without it meaning something.... Jeez.
For the record, I have a GF.
No, only Timo and I can have meaningless laughs.
Andy92 wrote:
zazthespaz wrote:
The Plotblocker wrote:

I can fight him.
Internet fights don't count.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Lotha
Colloquial

Re: What grinds your gears?

Post by Lotha »

LOL wtf guys :D
Photobucket is responsible for my lack of signature today.

TABN Discord: https://discord.gg/sGXRGZ

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by The Plotblocker »

Ok then.......

Moving on. Recently been rewatching Angel, and that Connor kid still fucking pisses me off.
"Something something deny..... Something something blame..." - Myles Kennedy - Every lyric writing session.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Lotha wrote:LOL wtf guys :D
:humina
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

:humina :embarrassed :yes :lol

Krissie
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Krissie »

A crazy fundie lady who moved two doors from me a few weeks ago in my nice liberal neighbourhood. At first she was just chatting up people, then she started literally harassing those she disapproves of with Bible passages and leaflets in our mailboxes. I'm getting them because I'm divorced, my next door neighbours are getting them because they let their (18 year old) daughter's boyfriend sleep at their house. Also the poor gay couple a few houses from me, getting the brunt of it. Ugh.... lady, get out of our fucking lives.

The Plotblocker
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by The Plotblocker »

Krissie wrote:A crazy fundie lady who moved two doors from me a few weeks ago in my nice liberal neighbourhood. At first she was just chatting up people, then she started literally harassing those she disapproves of with Bible passages and leaflets in our mailboxes. I'm getting them because I'm divorced, my next door neighbours are getting them because they let their (18 year old) daughter's boyfriend sleep at their house. Also the poor gay couple a few houses from me, getting the brunt of it. Ugh.... lady, get out of our fucking lives.
Yeah, she would not last long on my street lol
"Something something deny..... Something something blame..." - Myles Kennedy - Every lyric writing session.

Krissie
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Krissie »

∧∧ We have looked into it, and what she's done so far doesn't fall under the legal definition of harassment or other legally punishable acts. For now, we can only ignore her and hope she gets the memo. I wonder when will one of the neighbours lose their patience though... We're keeping her little "gifts", just in case. (some of them are handwritten)

Blackbird
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Blackbird »

Krissie wrote:∧∧ We have looked into it, and what she's done so far doesn't fall under the legal definition of harassment or other legally punishable acts. For now, we can only ignore her and hope she gets the memo. I wonder when will one of the neighbours lose their patience though... We're keeping her little "gifts", just in case. (some of them are handwritten)
You could start doing the same to her? Like, throw some similar leaflets in her mailbox that tell her how she's not desired in your neighbourhood.

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

Orrr you could just say - listen lady, my life is none of your business. I don't give a damn whether you worship Jesus or not, in fact I don't give a damn about your life in general, and I'd be perfectly happy if you just took your Bible passages somewhere else.

Krissie
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Krissie »

Lotha wrote:Orrr you could just say - listen lady, my life is none of your business. I don't give a damn whether you worship Jesus or not, in fact I don't give a damn about your life in general, and I'd be perfectly happy if you just took your Bible passages somewhere else.
Some polite conversation about her butting out already happened even before she started with her letters and notes. She also remained polite, but relentless in her destiny of giving "advise" and "saving souls". None of us is talking to her anymore, but we keep receiving stuff.

This is what I found in my mailbox this afternoon: a card with bad handwriting

Translation: Be Mary Magdalene! Repent and The Lord will forgive you!

I have no idea of why she compares me to Mary Magdalene...

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

A lot of people think Mary Magdalene was a prostitute, which never really is confirmed in the bible.

A big part of the four gospels is Jesus saying to Pharisees "Yo, chill out and stop condemning people". Too bad Christians like the woman you're dealing with never really got that part.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

I wasn't really talking about polite conversation. I'd be straight up rude. She deserved nothing less.

Krissie
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Krissie »

Timotheus wrote:A lot of people think Mary Magdalene was a prostitute, which never really is confirmed in the bible.

A big part of the four gospels is Jesus saying to Pharisees "Yo, chill out and stop condemning people". Too bad Christians like the woman you're dealing with never really got that part.
I know that, but even if we do assume she was a repentant prostitute, her sin would be different to mine. I'm a divorced adulteress in a post-marriage relationship :lol I don't know why I'm even trying to make sense of her though :shifty

Lotha wrote:I wasn't really talking about polite conversation. I'd be straight up rude. She deserved nothing less.
We are pissed off, but her ilk thrives on martyrdom and "attacks" against their perceived righteousness and "good" intentions. They are also attention-whores. The handful of us who are receiving her personalized stuff (aside of the the average pamphlets many others have probably received) decided to starve her of the attention she obviously craves, and we hope as hell it works. At least she is not violent. As angry as I am, I also feel a bit sorry for her obviously untreated mental health issues.

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

Well, let us know how that goes. If she's a true religious warrior and not just looking for attention, ignoring probably won't work though.

Doom
Loyal Follower

Post by Doom »

I have been feeling very frustrated with myself. I hate the feeling of not belonging anywhere, that lately I have been feeling constantly.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Doom wrote:I have been feeling very frustrated with myself. I hate the feeling of not belonging anywhere, that lately I have been feeling constantly.
You belong here, don't you Doom?

You should never come this way
To test the hands of fate
You don't belong here

Doom
Loyal Follower

Post by Doom »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
Doom wrote:I have been feeling very frustrated with myself. I hate the feeling of not belonging anywhere, that lately I have been feeling constantly.
You belong here, don't you Doom?
I don't know. I hope so.

I just hate how my family makes me feel like I'm a piece of trash.

Where did I go wrong? Who was I supposed to be?
No matter what I've done, you've always criticized me
Where did I go wrong? Who was I supposed to be?

Those would be the right lyrics for how I'm feeling. The whole song, actually.

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

If your family is not supportive of you, they're not, and they'll probably never change. So the best thing you can do for yourself is to become independent and start living your life the best you can while being yourself. The sense of belonging will come with time, when you're happy.