WWE

Talk about anything and everything here.
uctalum01
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: WWE

Post by uctalum01 »

AHart96 wrote:I still can't wrap my head around the end of The Streak...not gonna try and understand which fucking idiot decided LESNAR of all people would be the one to break it. He's a prick asshole who does it for the money and doesn't give a shit about wrestling, he didn't fucking deserve the honor it should've been. Taker should see it as a slap to the face despite the fact he's said the Streak should be broken.
1. Lesnar should not have been the one
2. If you're gonna have the Streak end, for the love of everything holy please put it on fucking last and give The Undertaker the proper send-off he deserves like Michaels got.

Rant over
:yeahthat

although that was a hard call. DB deserved the celebration after his win, too.

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

Rumor has it Brock changed the script and wasn't supposed to win. Also rumored that Undertaker seriously hurt himself bad and called an audible to finish the match. Reading some fans saw the ambulance etc..

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Ehhhh, I think both Undertaker and Brock knew all along that Brock was going over ahead of time. If there was any instances that Undertaker was too hurt and he was booked to win, they could have pulled something like the ending of Taker's match with HHH at WM 27.

austin.
On The Rail

Post by austin. »

I didn't mean that to be two combined rumors. Rumor 1 is Brock broke script (honestly, unfortunately, we all know that was Undertakers call)
Rumor 2 was that Undertaker got injured and they called the match early. There's a video somewhere of undertaker saying something like "finish the match" or something. He clearly says something, and no less than a minute later, match is over.
I was mistaken. He says something about the F5. "Hit the f5" or something.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

There was a huge "bullshit" chant that started up after Brock Lesnar defeated The Undertaker at WrestleMania XXX last night after everyone realized what happened. It wasn't until the 21-1 graphic came up that everyone realized The Streak was over. The chant quieted down and most of the crowd just sat there stunned. Taker did get the standing ovation and a "thank you Taker" chant from most but some did boo while this was going on. Multiple sources report that fans were seen leaving and several were seen crying. Taker's loss really brought the live crowd down a notch and they didn't seem to get back into things until well into the main event.

We noted earlier today that Taker was taken to a local hospital last night for fear of a concussion and a neck injury. We also noted that Taker losing was the original plan. This was kept from just about everyone but betting odds started to change shortly before the show began.

It's said that this was indeed The Undertaker's decision. We noted before that back in 2010, Taker wanted Lesnar to be the one to end The Streak. This is not confirmed yet but the impression was given backstage that Taker is done. No word yet on how this changes a potential match with Sting at WrestleMania 31.
Source: http://nodq.com/wwe/398886441.shtml

If this was Taker's decision, then I have no problem with it because if the streak never got beaten, he'd feel the need to come back and perform every year just to defend it.

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Post by Inconquerable »

OH PLEASE LET HIM WRESTLE ONE MORE TIME SO WE CAN SEE HIM GO AGAINST STING!

/Sarcasm.

The very beginning of the match was good and I thought that that would be the pace throughout most of it, but with some slower spots obviously so that they both wouldn't be blown up, but it took a turn pretty early on and was slow the rest of the way through. I hope he's alright and will make a full recovery. As far as him wrestling again, I don't think it's necessary, I'm not even sure this match was necessary. I wonder if maybe the streak was becoming a burden for him and he decided that this had to be his last year. My only wish would have been that he had decided that last year so Punk could have broken it to elevate him, at least that way too the match would have been more indicative of how outstanding a performer Taker is.

EDIT: Here's a really cool article that puts things into perspective. Give it a read, it might make the shock of it all a little bit more digestible.

http://tjrwrestling.com/articles/5-reas ... nia-streak

VigilantSteve
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by VigilantSteve »

Inconquerable wrote:OH PLEASE LET HIM WRESTLE ONE MORE TIME SO WE CAN SEE HIM GO AGAINST STING!

/Sarcasm.

The very beginning of the match was good and I thought that that would be the pace throughout most of it, but with some slower spots obviously so that they both wouldn't be blown up, but it took a turn pretty early on and was slow the rest of the way through. I hope he's alright and will make a full recovery. As far as him wrestling again, I don't think it's necessary, I'm not even sure this match was necessary. I wonder if maybe the streak was becoming a burden for him and he decided that this had to be his last year. My only wish would have been that he had decided that last year so Punk could have broken it to elevate him, at least that way too the match would have been more indicative of how outstanding a performer Taker is.

EDIT: Here's a really cool article that puts things into perspective. Give it a read, it might make the shock of it all a little bit more digestible.

http://tjrwrestling.com/articles/5-reas ... nia-streak
That is a very good article on the whole situation, I read it earlier and actually found myself agreeing with much of it.

Random note: I actually went to high school with the guy that wrote the article. It's a small world, lol.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Sting is supposed to return tonight! Hoping its a confrontation with the Undertaker to end the show, that'd be (and as much as I hate this word, it is appropriate here) EPIC!

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Post by Inconquerable »

@Steve: That's awesome! I love that site, I read their stuff all the time.

@AB4Lyfe: Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

You don't want to see Sting vs. Taker? Please elaborate, ma'am.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Did Sting ever face "Mean" Mark Callous in the WCW days? That would be interesting to find.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

Taker suffered a serious concussion. No reason for him to have to confront sting. he was just in what was likely his last match.
theres a video on IG of him getting on his bus from his hotel, he looks really rough.

Its time for him to go, its been a good run.
Thanks Timo!

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

ugh. it really bothers me when i watch wrestling videos and people comment stuff like "the reason lesnar kicked out at the end was because his head didnt hit the mat during the tombstone piledriver." IT FUCKING NEVER HITS THE MAT, OR HE'D BREAK HIS NECK ITS FAKE YOU DUMBASS.

I can respect what the men do, cuz I mean they are athletes. No doubt taking illegal supplements, but athletes nonetheless. But some of the fans are just too stupid for me. The best example would be to just watch the episode of southpark that makes fun of it.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

I saw that video too monty. Idiots.

Still stunned about the streak. Had to end sometime, but to brock lesnar? It was likely Takers choice, though, gotta respect that.
Thanks Timo!

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Post by Inconquerable »

AB4Lyfe wrote:You don't want to see Sting vs. Taker? Please elaborate, ma'am.
I don't want to see it, and it's for a lot of reasons. For me, it's kind of insulting to the rest of the roster to have someone who refused to come to the WWE for over a decade come in and get such a huge match. Also, Sting hasn't been that great a wrestler in quite some time, so I can't see him and Taker having the classic match that Taker has been known to have at WM (last night excluded). I think it would be pointless too now that the streak is over, almost any match with Taker now has less importance unless its built up properly.

I see the allure of this match for sure because of the gimmicks, but it was a dream match 10 years ago. Now? Meh, not so much. In their primes it would have been great but I don't think it's worth it now. And I don't think the kids in the crowd would even know who Sting is at this point. To sole WWE watchers it would just be one big question mark. Maybe I just don't like Sting and that's why I'm so opposed to it, but I was more ok with Trips getting the two matches he did and he is among my least favourites of all time. Except right now he is doing great stuff.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

austinjhnsn wrote:I saw that video too monty. Idiots.

Still stunned about the streak. Had to end sometime, but to brock lesnar? It was likely Takers choice, though, gotta respect that.
See those comments are respectable. Not the ones that are like "taker lost cuz he was tired from the week before." No, he lost and it was probably determined a month or even months in advance

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Post by Inconquerable »

I figure it's a huge weight off of his shoulders not to feel like he HAS to come back to defend it. I've read a bunch of times that he wanted Brock to end it in 2010, so it was bound to happen sometime. The guy was clearly not on top of his game last night, and that has to be expected considering both his age and how damn hard he's worked over the last 24 years in WWE (not counting his years prior).

But yeah some wrestling fans give us a bad name which is why so many people don't talk about it in public and hide the fact that they like it. It's a shame but that's the way it is because some people are so ridiculous.

EDIT: On a completely unrelated note, anybody want to buy these?

http://auction.wwe.com/iSynApp/auctionD ... nId=131284

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

I've read that he wanted Randy Orton to end it waaay back in the Legend Killer days, but Orton declined. Poor guy, after WM27 and then this match, he's pretty broken, and its going to have long term affects for sure.

DB looks genuinely happy with the titles. Checking into Raw for the first time in a long time.
Thanks Timo!

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

Heyman just murdered it out there. Holy crap.
Thanks Timo!

AllC392Was
Formerly Cthree921811

Post by AllC392Was »

austinjhnsn wrote:Heyman just murdered it out there. Holy crap.
So does Brock leave or does he face someone else?