The Stormlight Archive Mafia - Life Before Death - The CHAOS of Night 3

Talk about anything and everything here.
User avatar
Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle
Posts: 16625
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:52 am
Location: Belgium シ

Re: The Stormlight Archive Mafia - Life Before Death - Day Two

Post by Timotheus »

If Micky uses his role, which is likely, he'll try to kill somebody and you're automatically going to save the person he targetted, and lose your ability. So by using your power on him, you prove that you're a townie to us and Micky won't be able to use his role and kill a townie and get lynched.
Image
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

User avatar
Ubik
Bachelor Daddy
Posts: 4386
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:12 pm

Re: The Stormlight Archive Mafia - Life Before Death - Day Two

Post by Ubik »

Yup, Timo has it right. If you're Dalinar as you say, you should use it. If you're not Dalinar, then the real Dalinar shouldn't use it.

We'll be protected from Micky either way, this just helps us learn if you're telling the truth.
And if you fall, at least you tried
As you tremble on the wire...

User avatar
Ubik
Bachelor Daddy
Posts: 4386
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:12 pm

Re: Um... subject!

Post by Ubik »

Inconquerable wrote: Did you learn anything from this that you'd be willing to share? I know since you're the cop you probably don't want to give much away, but if you're willing to talk about it, we've got 8.5 hours to talk teams! His reads list HERE could tell us a lot. I'm personally going to go through it anyway as well as his other posts to see if there's anything in there, if you want to talk about possible partners let me know.

This invitation is of course open to everybody. We've got thread time to bounce ideas off of one another, I say why not use it?
I wasn't sure how to answer this earlier, then forgot, so I'm back for it now. I had a few thoughts on it, but don't want to give the mafia too much to work with yet in case I'm barking up the wrong tree. Assuming I survive the night phase (hi to any doctors out there) I'll have an extra night's investigation and will be able to be a lot more open then.
And if you fall, at least you tried
As you tremble on the wire...

User avatar
Inconquerable
Rise Today
Posts: 3917
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:21 pm
Location: Shady Oak Dr.

Re: Somebody go melt Micky!

Post by Inconquerable »

Ubik wrote:
Inconquerable wrote: Did you learn anything from this that you'd be willing to share? I know since you're the cop you probably don't want to give much away, but if you're willing to talk about it, we've got 8.5 hours to talk teams! His reads list HERE could tell us a lot. I'm personally going to go through it anyway as well as his other posts to see if there's anything in there, if you want to talk about possible partners let me know.

This invitation is of course open to everybody. We've got thread time to bounce ideas off of one another, I say why not use it?
I wasn't sure how to answer this earlier, then forgot, so I'm back for it now. I had a few thoughts on it, but don't want to give the mafia too much to work with yet in case I'm barking up the wrong tree. Assuming I survive the night phase (hi to any doctors out there) I'll have an extra night's investigation and will be able to be a lot more open then.
Understood! I figured you would want to keep things close to your chest. I'm hoping he'll answer some of my questions but I kind of think he's frozen and doesn't know what to do. =P
Image

zazisaspaz
On The Rail
Posts: 1555
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:17 am

Re: The Stormlight Archive Mafia - Life Before Death - Day Two

Post by zazisaspaz »

Ubik wrote:Yup, Timo has it right. If you're Dalinar as you say, you should use it. If you're not Dalinar, then the real Dalinar shouldn't use it.

We'll be protected from Micky either way, this just helps us learn if you're telling the truth.
Okey dokey- done! :headbang

Andy92
You Waste Your Time
Posts: 13836
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:52 pm

Re: The Stormlight Archive Mafia - Life Before Death - Night Two

Post by Andy92 »

A long and exhausting day came to a close. Dalinar Kholin sat in his room, pondering what action he needed to take. He knew there was a distinct possibility that some of the Voidbringers were hidden among the Knights Radiant, and this left him with an unsettled feeling.

He decided to take action into his own hands.

Dalinar did not want to return to being the man of his youth, but sometimes the old Blackthorn needed to come out in him. He knew who needed to die, and he was taking action into his own hands.

Dalinar opened the door to his room and walked into the hallway. He had to be careful in carrying out his task as he did not want to endanger the other knights. He slowly crept down the hallway and rounded the corner, looking for his target...

When the man he was searching for stood right in front of him, Shardblade drawn. Nale, Herald of Justice, locked eyes with Dalinar.

"Just the man I was looking for," Dalinar said. "I'm surprised to find you here though."

"Justice waits for no one, Kholin. I have come to destroy one who actually deserves it. I will not allow you to be a distraction." Nale raced off down the hall.

And Dalinar followed.

Dalinar caught up to Nale in a flash, and he drew his Shardblade to strike. Nale countered the strike and proceeded to fly to the other end of the hallway. In the blank of an eye, Nale flew back across the hall with his Shardblade drawn, striking at Dalinar using a tremendous amount of force. Dalinar countered the blow, but the sheer force of the attack knocked him backwards. Dalinar needed to strike, and he needed to strike fast, so he entered Flamestance. It wasn't the most elegant of the sword stances, but if used effectively, it would end your opponent quickly and brutally.

It also left you more vulnerable.

Dalinar fought aggressively, years of fighting and natural instincts guided his every move. But Nale was a Herald. How did one defeat a Vorin god who had lived for millennia?

The two proved to be an even match. Dalinar thrust his Shardblade and pierced Nale's side, badly wounding him. Nale had enough strength in him to take advantage of Dalinar being unable to parry, and he brought his Shardblade down in an overhand swing, severing through Dalinar at the wrist of his sword hand. Dalinar dropped his Shardblade, and Nale dropped to his knees.

The sound of the fighting caused the Knights Radiant to rush from their rooms into the hallway. As they saw Dalinar's Shardblade on the ground, they immediately rushed to his defense, overtaking Nale. The Knights all took turns stabbing Nale until one fatal blow cut through his spine. Nale fell to the ground with burnt out eyes. He had been killed by the masses.

Dalinar was helped back to his room. He was left badly injured, and most likely unable to fight on his own for a long while.

But one of the Voidbringers had been killed.

Micky - Nale, Herald of Justice - Has been sent to Shadesmar.

Image

NIGHT TWO BEGINS

There will be no posting in this thread for 24 hours. We will resume the game at 11:00 PM on Monday. Please send me your night actions if you have any.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time
Posts: 13836
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:52 pm

Re: The Stormlight Archive Mafia - Life Before Death - Day Three

Post by Andy92 »

As the night neared an end, Kaladin prepared to turn in to his rooms. Kaladin slept in short shifts during the day, as he usually spent his nights guarding the area. After what happened yesterday with Dalinar and Nale, Kaladin was on high alert.

Syl, the fairy-like spren that followed Kaladin around, floated over and sat down on his shoulder.

"I get sooooo bored inside," Syl exhaled. "I wish we could stay outside all the time, running with the wind."

Kaladin grunted. He remembered all of the days he used to spent outside, out of force more so than choice, but he did miss the sky and the open air. Something about the wind made Kaladin feel like he was hom-

A crash came through the window. One, two, three...four Fused appeared in front of him.

Storms. Kaladin grabbed his spear and went to work.

Fighting four enemies at once was something Kaladin didn't have much experience with. He had kind of done it once before, but he had Adolin Kholin at his side. Adolin was not here today.

Kaladin fought with fury, the winds aided every step of his attack. He fought with a precision that wasn't normal for any man. But Kaladin wasn't just any man.

The first Fused went down like a bolt of lightning as Kaladin's spear made contact through its spine. It let out a primal scream before falling to the ground with burnt out eyes. One down. Kaladin spun quickly and barely parried the next attack with the end of the spear opposite the sharpened tip, but his parry lost the lower half of his spear in the process as the wood split in two. He regained his balance and stabbed the now-shorter spear overhand in a fist, piercing a second one of the Fused through the skull. Kaladin was feeling confident. With the wind at his back, he began to feel invincib-

One of the Fused punched its sword through Kaladin's back.

"No. No!" Syl cried out in agony. Dalinar Kholin and the others were exiting their rooms just in time to see the two Fused fly off through the shattered window they arrived through.

They were too late.

With tears in her eyes, Syl fluttered down next to Kaladin's lifeless body.

Life Before Death, Radiant. I will see you at your destination.

Timo - Kaladin Stormblessed (Doctor) - Has been sent to Shadesmar.

Image

DAY THREE BEGINS

With 8 players remaining, 5 votes are needed for a kill.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

User avatar
Inconquerable
Rise Today
Posts: 3917
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:21 pm
Location: Shady Oak Dr.

Re: Ugh subject.

Post by Inconquerable »

Ah frig this is bad. I guess the... best(?) thing to do is to ask Ubik what he found out in the night. I mean I would have anyway, but without a doctor to protect him now, I fear that this could be his last day phase.

I also want to ask you, Ubik if you can run me through clearing Summer based on the Dalinar stuff yesterday? I've read through it quite a few times and I don't see how that could have cleared her town. And like... THIS post looks like a big Micky defence to me. I went through the posts of the people I mentioned who Micky gave non-reads on (Dissident, Summer, Julianna, and Cam) and this was the biggest red flag to me. She also didn't mention Micky at all before this, or after until she put the vote down. Add to that her day two play (especially "I'm voting for Timo because I don't think people will get on board with a Lotha vote) and I'm concerned. In her defence, she didn't mention a whole lot of people outside of Lotha and Timo, so the lack of Micky mentions is probably fine, but that defence is alarming to me. And Micky's non-read on her was about as lazy a take as I've ever seen. =P

I have other thoughts, but I want to hear from Ubik about what he found out last night, and if he thinks that Summer is mechanically cleared town before I get too far into it. I'll be looking into Timo's posts to see his thoughts as well to give us some direction. And before I go to bed, here's my updated reads list.

TOWN
Ubik
Lotha
Dissident

NEUTRAL
Silver
Cam

LOW NEUTRAL/EDGING MAFIA
Julianna

MAFIA (Pending mechanical clear talk?)
Summer

Julianna came down from the Micky non-read. I'll get more into this in the morning.
Image

User avatar
Lotha
Colloquial
Posts: 5295
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:54 am
Location: Serbia

Andy assured me that was obvious from the way he wrote it.

Post by Lotha »

I think Dalinar (Summer) did try to use their vote and Nale used theirs and they canceled each other out. So I think we can conclude that Summer is indeed Dalinar.

My question to everyone is: any offers to join the Voidbringers? I received none.
Photobucket is responsible for my lack of signature today.

TABN Discord: https://discord.gg/sGXRGZ

User avatar
Ubik
Bachelor Daddy
Posts: 4386
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:12 pm

Re: Ugh subject.

Post by Ubik »

Inconquerable wrote:Ah frig this is bad. I guess the... best(?) thing to do is to ask Ubik what he found out in the night. I mean I would have anyway, but without a doctor to protect him now, I fear that this could be his last day phase.

I also want to ask you, Ubik if you can run me through clearing Summer based on the Dalinar stuff yesterday? I've read through it quite a few times and I don't see how that could have cleared her town. And like... THIS post looks like a big Micky defence to me. I went through the posts of the people I mentioned who Micky gave non-reads on (Dissident, Summer, Julianna, and Cam) and this was the biggest red flag to me. She also didn't mention Micky at all before this, or after until she put the vote down. Add to that her day two play (especially "I'm voting for Timo because I don't think people will get on board with a Lotha vote) and I'm concerned. In her defence, she didn't mention a whole lot of people outside of Lotha and Timo, so the lack of Micky mentions is probably fine, but that defence is alarming to me. And Micky's non-read on her was about as lazy a take as I've ever seen. =P

I have other thoughts, but I want to hear from Ubik about what he found out last night, and if he thinks that Summer is mechanically cleared town before I get too far into it. I'll be looking into Timo's posts to see his thoughts as well to give us some direction. And before I go to bed, here's my updated reads list.

TOWN
Ubik
Lotha
Dissident

NEUTRAL
Silver
Cam

LOW NEUTRAL/EDGING MAFIA
Julianna

MAFIA (Pending mechanical clear talk?)
Summer

Julianna came down from the Micky non-read. I'll get more into this in the morning.
The way Andy told it to me was, if the write-up shows Dalinar going out with an intent to kill someone, they used the immediate kill. As it does show it that way, I'm confident that's what happened and that Summer is Dalinar.

With Kaladin dead, everyone needs to claim their role.

Also received no offer from the mafia.
And if you fall, at least you tried
As you tremble on the wire...

User avatar
Lotha
Colloquial
Posts: 5295
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:54 am
Location: Serbia

Re: The Stormlight Archive Mafia - Life Before Death - Day Three

Post by Lotha »

Any insight, Wit? Wanna tell us who you checked or do you want everyone to claim first?

Jasnah Kholin here, and I feel okay saying that since I still have my self-protect :shrug

Would be nice to know whom to Soulcast to death tonight.

Also, the other vigi claim (Hi Inc) said she'd use her kill before day 3 so I'd like to ask what happened with that. I'm aware Szeth's last night to kill is Night 3 but it seemed like Inc wanted to shoot on n2.
Photobucket is responsible for my lack of signature today.

TABN Discord: https://discord.gg/sGXRGZ

User avatar
Ubik
Bachelor Daddy
Posts: 4386
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:12 pm

Re: The Stormlight Archive Mafia - Life Before Death - Day Three

Post by Ubik »

Lotha wrote:Any insight, Wit? Wanna tell us who you checked or do you want everyone to claim first?

Jasnah Kholin here, and I feel okay saying that since I still have my self-protect :shrug

Would be nice to know whom to Soulcast to death tonight.

Also, the other vigi claim (Hi Inc) said she'd use her kill before day 3 so I'd like to ask what happened with that. I'm aware Szeth's last night to kill is Night 3 but it seemed like Inc wanted to shoot on n2.
Not just yet.

Okay, good. We should be able to narrow your targets down a little.

I had noticed that, but I don't blame her having an extra day's caution given the situation. She might've been fishing for a target with me at the end of day 2, but I wanted an extra day's investigation first. If there's two Szeth claims, things will get interesting.
And if you fall, at least you tried
As you tremble on the wire...

User avatar
Inconquerable
Rise Today
Posts: 3917
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:21 pm
Location: Shady Oak Dr.

Re: Sleepy subject.

Post by Inconquerable »

Lotha wrote:I think Dalinar (Summer) did try to use their vote and Nale used theirs and they canceled each other out. So I think we can conclude that Summer is indeed Dalinar.

My question to everyone is: any offers to join the Voidbringers? I received none.
Ubik wrote:The way Andy told it to me was, if the write-up shows Dalinar going out with an intent to kill someone, they used the immediate kill. As it does show it that way, I'm confident that's what happened and that Summer is Dalinar.

With Kaladin dead, everyone needs to claim their role.

Also received no offer from the mafia.
I'll answer both of these at the same time. Ok, I'll course correct on Summer based on this. My thinking was that Nale could have picked somebody to kill just to use up Dalinar's ability, so whether Dalinar actually used their vote or not wouldn't have mattered, because the block was automatic.

This... might not be a popular opinion, but I am against a mass role claim. I see your point, we're forcing mafia to lie here and we can confirm who's who based on the claims, however I also don't know how useful it will be to have... what is it, three of us (at most, if an offer was accepted last night) tied up in arguments with lying mafia. More than this though, I don't want Lift outed. We have a great chance here for mafia to screw up big time by choosing to night kill Lift and end up with a no kill overnight. The longer that's in play, the better for us. I'm open to discussion on this though of course!

Also no offer from mafia on my end.
Lotha wrote:Any insight, Wit? Wanna tell us who you checked or do you want everyone to claim first?

Jasnah Kholin here, and I feel okay saying that since I still have my self-protect :shrug

Would be nice to know whom to Soulcast to death tonight.

Also, the other vigi claim (Hi Inc) said she'd use her kill before day 3 so I'd like to ask what happened with that. I'm aware Szeth's last night to kill is Night 3 but it seemed like Inc wanted to shoot on n2.
Had to go back to see if I had said night two or three, I misremembered three. Anyway, it's a good thing I'm not a vigilante, because I would have shot Summer overnight. =P
Ubik wrote:I had noticed that, but I don't blame her having an extra day's caution given the situation. She might've been fishing for a target with me at the end of day 2, but I wanted an extra day's investigation first. If there's two Szeth claims, things will get interesting.
Yeah I understand you not wanting to give away anything at the end of day two. Really I did just want to talk partners. My thinking is and has been: it's great to find one mafia (especially if we have a cop telling us as much), but there are three to catch. So let's try to push some people to make one of them slip up, or give us something they wouldn't have said if there wasn't anything worth talking about so we have a direction to follow in the next day phase.

I trust you both and want to help, but I think the worst thing we can do is have Lift out their role right now. They have a tonne of power with that automatic night kill immunity, I think the longer we keep that up the better.

So if Summer is mechanically cleared (which, admittedly, will take me some time to adjust to but I will), my next thought is Julianna. Micky basically gave her a non-read in his post (she's new so no opinion, which is just kind of there), and there's a part of her reads list that makes me tilt my head after looking back on it with the Micky flip.
UhohitsJulianna wrote:5. The Dissident. Kinda the same feeling for zaz as well. I feel like all posts have been logical- hasn't really rocked the boat or anything, but at this time I think that's understandable for both a townie or a mafia player. I'm not super comfortable with them this high in my list, but the below players gave me more right off the bat "possibly" mafia vibes more. So here he is.

5. Micky. I think the questions and statements asked at this time hasn't really proven to be one way or another, but I just haven't made up my mind on what the play is here. So I'm just going to keep ya here in the middle for the time being.
The read on Micky is also a non-read, but look at the last sentence in her Dissident paragraph. "...the below players gave me more right off the bat 'possibly' mafia vibes more." So, Julianna I guess I'm asking... how do you go from having "possibly mafia vibes" for the players below Dissident on your list to "questions and statements haven't proven one way or another, undecided"? There was also no other mention of Micky in her other posts (though could have missed it), and no mention of her in his.

Will go into Timo's posts a little bit later, it's too early in the morning for my brain to be working this much already.
Image

User avatar
Ubik
Bachelor Daddy
Posts: 4386
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:12 pm

Re: The Stormlight Archive Mafia - Life Before Death - Day Three

Post by Ubik »

There would only be two double claimed roles, because the traitor will still have their own role if they accepted. We also have two vigilantes (assuming neither betrayed), one of which needs to use their kill tonight or they die. That is way more important than Lift, who won't be getting targeted tonight anyway.
And if you fall, at least you tried
As you tremble on the wire...

User avatar
Inconquerable
Rise Today
Posts: 3917
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:21 pm
Location: Shady Oak Dr.

Re: Which... No. Can't be.

Post by Inconquerable »

Ubik wrote:There would only be two double claimed roles, because the traitor will still have their own role if they accepted. We also have two vigilantes (assuming neither betrayed), one of which needs to use their kill tonight or they die. That is way more important than Lift, who won't be getting targeted tonight anyway.
This traitor stuff is doing my head in. Theoretically there would only be two double claimed roles, but (and this is assuming the worst) there's also the chance that a traitor lies about their role too just to cause chaos. I mean it would be madness and not good strategy so it probably wouldn't happen so this is just... morning BS. Anyway. I... really disagree about Lift. I do agree they won't be the target tonight, but we need to keep them hidden to save that possible no kill. It is important that Szeth uses their shot tonight, absolutely, and it looks like Lotha is looking to do the same, I just really don't want to see Lift outed at this point.

Looking forward to seeing how your night investigation went though. I think I dreamt that you had posted your results already, but you said Shea so unless he and Andy are pulling a fast one on us...
Image

User avatar
Ubik
Bachelor Daddy
Posts: 4386
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:12 pm

Re: Which... No. Can't be.

Post by Ubik »

Inconquerable wrote:
Ubik wrote:There would only be two double claimed roles, because the traitor will still have their own role if they accepted. We also have two vigilantes (assuming neither betrayed), one of which needs to use their kill tonight or they die. That is way more important than Lift, who won't be getting targeted tonight anyway.
This traitor stuff is doing my head in. Theoretically there would only be two double claimed roles, but (and this is assuming the worst) there's also the chance that a traitor lies about their role too just to cause chaos. I mean it would be madness and not good strategy so it probably wouldn't happen so this is just... morning BS. Anyway. I... really disagree about Lift. I do agree they won't be the target tonight, but we need to keep them hidden to save that possible no kill. It is important that Szeth uses their shot tonight, absolutely, and it looks like Lotha is looking to do the same, I just really don't want to see Lift outed at this point.

Looking forward to seeing how your night investigation went though. I think I dreamt that you had posted your results already, but you said Shea so unless he and Andy are pulling a fast one on us...
But if Summer is cleared as we think, she'll be the target the night after. If there's "another" Dalinar that misunderstood the plan, we need to know that, and that's where the claiming comes in.

I'm not feeling great right now that you seem to be saying you lied about your role on day 1, and are now trying to stop us catching other people lying so that we can use our vigilantes, something you previously said was one of our best assets.
And if you fall, at least you tried
As you tremble on the wire...

zazisaspaz
On The Rail
Posts: 1555
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:17 am

Re: Which... No. Can't be.

Post by zazisaspaz »

Ubik wrote: I'm not feeling great right now that you seem to be saying you lied about your role on day 1, and are now trying to stop us catching other people lying so that we can use our vigilantes, something you previously said was one of our best assets.
1) :yeahthat

2) Lololz well, I’m glad I didn’t kill Timo. Sorry for trying to.

3) Zaz/Cam is still too quiet for my liking.

User avatar
Lotha
Colloquial
Posts: 5295
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:54 am
Location: Serbia

Re: The Stormlight Archive Mafia - Life Before Death - Day Three

Post by Lotha »

We have a great chance here for mafia to screw up big time by choosing to night kill Lift and end up with a no kill overnight. The longer that's in play, the better for us. I'm open to discussion on this though of course!
Mafia has no reason to target anyone other than Wit, then Dalinar. They could throw me into the mix, but I'll use my night kill anyway and it'll go through regardless of whether or not they target me, so the only thing they can do is start a bandwagon vote on me at this point.

I'm gonna want your real role now, Inc, or you're the one getting killed tonight, by me.
Photobucket is responsible for my lack of signature today.

TABN Discord: https://discord.gg/sGXRGZ

zazisaspaz
On The Rail
Posts: 1555
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:17 am

Re: The Stormlight Archive Mafia - Life Before Death - Day Three

Post by zazisaspaz »

3.5) but it could also be because he felt that Inc was claiming his role and he was confused... or maybe he’s got more to hide

Also, forgot to say that my role can’t be turned to the dark side so I’m (still) all good

zazisaspaz
On The Rail
Posts: 1555
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:17 am

Re: The Stormlight Archive Mafia - Life Before Death - Day Three

Post by zazisaspaz »

Lotha wrote:
We have a great chance here for mafia to screw up big time by choosing to night kill Lift and end up with a no kill overnight. The longer that's in play, the better for us. I'm open to discussion on this though of course!
Mafia has no reason to target anyone other than Wit, then Dalinar. They could throw me into the mix, but I'll use my night kill anyway and it'll go through regardless of whether or not they target me, so the only thing they can do is start a bandwagon vote on me at this point.

I'm gonna want your real role now, Inc, or you're the one getting killed tonight, by me.
Oooooh this sounded creepy! This theme is getting all the literary geniuses going! I like it!
<enter Micky and his popcorn>

Post Reply