The Stormlight Archive Mafia - Life Before Death - The CHAOS of Night 3

Talk about anything and everything here.
Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Re: The Stormlight Archive Mafia - Life Before Death - Day Three

Post by Andy92 »

Day 3 vote tally:

The Dissident votes for Silver
Silver votes for zazthespaz
Ubik votes for Incon
zazthespaz votes for Ubik
Ubik votes for Ubik (RIP Micky)
Incon votes for The Dissident
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Although if venmo'd the right amount, I can change opinion on that last one

Post by zazthespaz »

We've got 8 hours left and we're not close to a majority (5). I'm willing to change my vote, I think a vigilante will take Ubik out in the night if not done during the day. Here are the people I'm willing to vote for if anyone wants to make an argument to get the majority to vote for them:

Definitely:
Ubik
Silver
Dissident

Possibly (with a very strong argument):
Lotha
Julianna

Not:
Summer
Inconquerable
Myself (since voting for yourself is now apparently a thing)
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

UhohitsJulianna
Brand New Start

Post by UhohitsJulianna »

Alright guys- so hear me out.

There's a couple ways I'm seeing that we can go about this to figure out who's lying.
At this time it's obvious Ubik and Inc are contradicting each other with Zaz in support of the Ubik traitor idea.

If we kill Ubik- We figure out the truth about him, which helps clear up the Zaz and Inc situation.
Worst case scenario- he's innocent and we're left with a couple of counter claims and some questionable statements without a cop to help us figure it out. Also as a note: if he's innocent and not a traitor- the mafia wants him dead so we will lose him before too long anyways.

If we kill Inc- we figure out the truth about Ubik's claim on her as well as clear up the Zaz role situation.
Worst case scenario- we've lost Shallan (who's role won't help us anymore.)

Any thoughts on this? as I'm seeing these two as key to figuring out the identify of the remaining mafia.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

UhohitsJulianna wrote:Alright guys- so hear me out.

There's a couple ways I'm seeing that we can go about this to figure out who's lying.
At this time it's obvious Ubik and Inc are contradicting each other with Zaz in support of the Ubik traitor idea.

If we kill Ubik- We figure out the truth about him, which helps clear up the Zaz and Inc situation.
Worst case scenario- he's innocent and we're left with a couple of counter claims and some questionable statements without a cop to help us figure it out. Also as a note: if he's innocent and not a traitor- the mafia wants him dead so we will lose him before too long anyways.

If we kill Inc- we figure out the truth about Ubik's claim on her as well as clear up the Zaz role situation.

Any thoughts on this? as I'm seeing these two as key to figuring out the identify of the remaining mafia.
Right. If you vote me and I'm mafia - so is Dissident logically. And as a traitor cop, there couldn't be a traitor Szeth, so Szeth would kill the other.

And yet Inc now doesn't want to vote for me, now I've pointed this out. Weird huh.
For all of the hope that it brings...

UhohitsJulianna
Brand New Start

I think I'm going to have to vote for Inc for tonight.
Unless someone can convince me that saving a "maybe mafia Shallan" is better than saving a "maybe mafia/traitor Cop'".
I just think keeping the cop is worth the gamble and the death and reveal of Inc's role will clear up enough to help us for the rest of the game.

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: Spun like sugar!

Post by Inconquerable »

Ubik wrote:

Right. If you vote me and I'm mafia - so is Dissident logically. And as a traitor cop, there couldn't be a traitor Szeth, so Szeth would kill the other.

And yet Inc now doesn't want to vote for me, now I've pointed this out. Weird huh.
Haha, you can spin that narrative all you like, but I said in my first post this morning that I would vote for either of you. It's right there plain as day. Today Dissident, day four you, or vice versa, makes no difference to me.

Julianna I'll respond to your plan when I get home and can type more. I think it looks solid enough though.

zazisaspaz
On The Rail

Post by zazisaspaz »

Lotha wrote:Summer, I never thought I'd say this, but YOU'RE THE ONLY ONE I CAN TRUST NOW
:hug
Same!

I like this and all that Ubik is saying in accordance with this.
I know it's very possible that it could be a tactic that Ubik is offering to sacrifice himself, but it's working and making me feel more persuaded to vote for Inky than Ubey.

Deadline Vote: Inconquerable

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Day 3 vote tally:

Ubik votes for Incon
Julianna votes for Incon
Summer votes for Incon

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: Plan subject!

Post by Inconquerable »

Inconquerable wrote:Haha, you can spin that narrative all you like, but I said in my first post this morning that I would vote for either of you. It's right there plain as day. Today Dissident, day four you, or vice versa, makes no difference to me.

Julianna I'll respond to your plan when I get home and can type more. I think it looks solid enough though.
I'm actually going back on this. I'm keeping my vote on Dissident, here's why:

We have two counterclaims going on right now: Szeth and Lift (unless Dissident comes on and tells us differently but I'm pretty sure he's just mafia at this point). With Szeth we have Cam and Silver, these two can solve themselves at night (unless there's a traitor Szeth but again, pretty sure Ubik is the traitor at this point). We eliminate Dissident today, and that lock clears Julianna as Lift in my view. Lotha can shoot... frig anybody she feels is the right/wrong answer at this point. I know she's throwing around the idea of an Inc/Silver/Julianna team, whichever way we go today, we find out pretty conclusively by the end of day.
UhohitsJulianna wrote:I think I'm going to have to vote for Inc for tonight.
Unless someone can convince me that saving a "maybe mafia Shallan" is better than saving a "maybe mafia/traitor Cop'".
I just think keeping the cop is worth the gamble and the death and reveal of Inc's role will clear up enough to help us for the rest of the game.
I do hear this, and I see why you're thinking that way. I would prefer to keep a cop over Shallan as well, but also if you're trusting the cop, I'm not Shallan anyway (or I've lied about my illusions). And also keep in mind, everybody's roles (except for the lying mafia) are out there. By killing Dissident, we find out which Lift is real, and let the Szeth stuff happen over night, because that has to happen tonight or Szeth dies (which... if Szeth for whatever reason doesn't shoot, they die anyway).

UhohitsJulianna
Brand New Start

I hear this, but as you stated the Szeth situation can figure itself out, but I'm most concerned about having a dirty cop at this point and I don't believe going for Dissident is going to clear that up-not enough for me to be comfortable with that.
If I'm missing something-please let me know.

And for the figuring out Lift deal- I'm not concerned about that as I know he's not XD and if Lotha wants to try for me- she can do that to clear me.

UhohitsJulianna
Brand New Start

Inconquerable wrote: I would prefer to keep a cop over Shallan as well, but also if you're trusting the cop, I'm not Shallan anyway (or I've lied about my illusions).
Also, by voting you I'm choosing to trust you are who you say you are- if you're not Shallan then you better speak up XD because that could change things significantly lol

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: Subject!!

Post by Inconquerable »

UhohitsJulianna wrote:I hear this, but as you stated the Szeth situation can figure itself out, but I'm most concerned about having a dirty cop at this point and I don't believe going for Dissident is going to clear that up-not enough for me to be comfortable with that.
If I'm missing something-please let me know.

And for the figuring out Lift deal- I'm not concerned about that as I know he's not XD and if Lotha wants to try for me- she can do that to clear me.
Well for me, if Dissident is mafia, Ubik has to be the traitor. Look at day two: Ubik asked the question if anybody had received an offer from mafia. Dissident stepped up and said that he had, but he rejected it. The only way this actually works is if Dissident is mafia and that Ubik was offered to switch sides, because Dissident had to know who the offer was given to. Otherwise Dissident would be screwed, because the person who actually got the offer would have known right away that he was lying. Ubik was able to gain town credibility by claiming cop in day two and finding Nale in Micky, and safely leading the charge to his death. So if Dissident comes up mafia, Ubik almost has to be the traitor if my view. And we have a vigilante who can shoot whoever they think the traitor is in the night if that's what they want to do.

And yeah you're not concerned about the Lift stuff, but nobody else knows for sure what your role is. I believe your claim over Dissident's subtle hint, and your posts have been better overall, but I can't say at this moment that you're 100% clear either.

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: Double post subject!

Post by Inconquerable »

UhohitsJulianna wrote:
Inconquerable wrote: I would prefer to keep a cop over Shallan as well, but also if you're trusting the cop, I'm not Shallan anyway (or I've lied about my illusions).
Also, by voting you I'm choosing to trust you are who you say you are- if you're not Shallan then you better speak up XD because that could change things significantly lol
Sorry can you explain the first part of this to me? You're voting me out because... you think I am Shallan, which Ubik disagrees with based on his night result? I'm confused about this. I am Shallan. If anybody wants to counter, feel free.

UhohitsJulianna
Brand New Start

Re: Double post subject!

Inconquerable wrote:
UhohitsJulianna wrote:
Sorry can you explain the first part of this to me? You're voting me out because... you think I am Shallan, which Ubik disagrees with based on his night result? I'm confused about this. I am Shallan. If anybody wants to counter, feel free.
Yes- I'm voting you because at this point all I know is either you or Ubik is lying. I have no idea who so the way I see it is one of you must die so we can figure out who's lying.
If both role claims are true I'd rather lose Shallan in attempts to uncover whether or not Ubik is who he says he is than to kill Ubik and find out he's actually a good cop and we lost his ability to help us figure everyone else out. Whereas if we lose you and you are a Townie Shallan- it sucks but it doesn't lose us an ability that can be a game changer.

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: Subject!

Post by Inconquerable »

UhohitsJulianna wrote:Yes- I'm voting you because at this point all I know is either you or Ubik is lying. I have no idea who so the way I see it is one of you must die so we can figure out who's lying.
If both role claims are true I'd rather lose Shallan in attempts to uncover whether or not Ubik is who he says he is than to kill Ubik and find out he's actually a good cop and we lost his ability to help us figure everyone else out. Whereas if we lose you and you are a Townie Shallan- it sucks but it doesn't lose us an ability that can be a game changer.
Ok, well I can't sit here and argue that my role is better because it really isn't. In the situation we're in, I wouldn't be putting an illusion on anybody else anyway so you are right that my role is expendable at this point. I think my plan finds the rest of the mafia team personally so that's what I'm going with. Can't fault you one bit though for wanting to keep the cop around. Although, and this is... whatever, but chances are probably good that if he's not the traitor, mafia kills him in this night phase anyway.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

So if no-one changes their vote to me from Inc by the time I go to sleep, I'll have to change it back to her to ensure there's a majority. BUT, I maintain that if you want to switch over to me that's fine as well, and if you do I'll leave it as it is. But one of us has to be voted out so you can see who's telling the truth here. From there, the town should be able to see where the partnerships lie.

Hopefully we hear from Dissident as he's the only one left that could realistically be Shallan from my perspective, and that'll affect what should be done in the night phase. Silver too, I'm pretty sure zaz is on the mafia team at this point so I'm readier to believe she's Szeth. It could be that both she and zaz are mafia, in which case that should show up with Szeth making the mafia kill - If Szeth is mafia, both claimants are mafia. Lotha will have to prove her townhood by either killing Inc (if I die) or taking a shot at Julianna, who if telling the truth as Lift would avoid death.
For all of the hope that it brings...

zazisaspaz
On The Rail

Inky's always a member in spirit, but we might have to kill her to trust her hahaha

Post by zazisaspaz »

UhohitsJulianna wrote:
Inconquerable wrote:
UhohitsJulianna wrote:
Yes- I'm voting you because at this point all I know is either you or Ubik is lying. I have no idea who so the way I see it is one of you must die so we can figure out who's lying.
:yeahthat
I'm here for the emotional support. Keep up the good work!
(Unless you're mafia, then stop :lol)

@Lotha, can we add Julianna to our trust buddies too? She seems nice!

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

Okay so I tried to go back through all the posts but haha Jana good luck with that. I didn't even get to the end of Day 1. Anyway. It's clearly between Inc and Ubik at this point, one of them has to be lying.

Since Summer is pretty much the only person I can trust here I'll follow her vote DEADLINE VOTE: INCONQUERABLE although I have my own reasons as well - the main one being that Inc already lied about her role once, that I really hated her day 1 vigi claim, and that if Ubik really is the traitor cop then he fucking deserves a win, however the rest of the game might shake out.

Edit: Lol Summer, I agree she's nice but I've been burned by nice mafias before! (You being a case in point. :D )
Photobucket is responsible for my lack of signature today.

TABN Discord: https://discord.gg/sGXRGZ

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Day 3 vote tally:

Julianna votes for Incon
Summer votes for Incon
Lotha votes for Incon

The Dissident
White Knuckled

Post by The Dissident »

@Lotha: I did a brief read of the thread, I voted Silver because of the two claims I'm more scared of one which is sitting under the radar ;)