The Stormlight Archive Mafia - Life Before Death - The CHAOS of Night 3

Talk about anything and everything here.
User avatar
Ubik
Bachelor Daddy
Posts: 4156
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:12 pm

Re: The Stormlight Archive Mafia - Life Before Death - Day Two

Postby Ubik » Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:58 pm

Andy92 wrote:Day 2 vote tally:

1. Summer votes for Micky
2. Lotha votes for Silver
3. Inc votes for Micky
4. Ubik votes for Micky
5. Timo votes for Micky

@Ubik Yes basically Dalinar’s vote decides the day kill and is done via PM. If Nale does nothing, this kill will happen.

If Nale chooses a day kill target and Dalinar does nothing, Dalinar will automatically block Nale’s kill without having to do anything. Majority day vote still determines the kill.

If Nale and Dalinar both choose a kill target, Dalinar will just block Nale instead and the majority vote kill will go through.

Cheers, just to clarify one thing though because it's important to an idea I had: would we as players be able to tell which of the bottom two had happened? Or would it just be generic "Dalinar stopped Nale" stuff without being able to tell whether it was active or passive?
And if you fall, at least you tried
As you tremble on the wire...

User avatar
Andy92
You Waste Your Time
Posts: 13716
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:52 pm

Re: The Stormlight Archive Mafia - Life Before Death - Day Two

Postby Andy92 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:06 pm

I will write the story in a way in which you will know the difference, but if Nale’s kill is blocked you won’t know who the specific targets were, by either Dalinar and/or Nale.

So I’ll write the story in a way in which you’ll know what Dalinar did if a block occurs without naming the names of targets.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

User avatar
Ubik
Bachelor Daddy
Posts: 4156
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:12 pm

Re: The Stormlight Archive Mafia - Life Before Death - Day Two

Postby Ubik » Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:11 pm

Andy92 wrote:I will write the story in a way in which you will know the difference, but if Nale’s kill is blocked you won’t know who the specific targets were, by either Dalinar and/or Nale.

So I’ll write the story in a way in which you’ll know what Dalinar did if a block occurs without naming the names of targets.

Perfect!

Okay so Summer - if you're Dalinar, and if you're happy doing it, send the immediate kill in on Micky.

If Summer is lying and someone else is Dalinar - they SHOULD NOT send in the immediate kill.

Hopefully in accordance with what Andy said, this would enable us to clear Summer based on whether the immediate kill was used, without needing a counter claim.
And if you fall, at least you tried
As you tremble on the wire...

The Dissident
White Knuckled
Posts: 205
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:13 pm

Re: The Stormlight Archive Mafia - Life Before Death - Day Two

Postby The Dissident » Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:17 pm

In light of recent events:

Deadline Vote: Micky

A ballsy claim which didn't work out.

User avatar
Inconquerable
Rise Today
Posts: 3917
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:21 pm
Location: Shady Oak Dr.

Re: Never need an excuse to post more!

Postby Inconquerable » Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:39 pm

zazthespaz wrote:Good morning! Should be a little more active today! So based on my skimming over the past couple of pages, it seems that we have 2 role claims. I think it’d be important for others to counter claim those roles if they are in fact those roles. There are a lot of arguments I need to re-read, but if nobody counter claims a role, I might side with either Micky or Summer on their vote since they’re likely to be townies and it makes sense to side with them. (Again, need to re-read a lot so if I see an argument that makes sense or gives decent info, I might come up with a new theory. Essentially, this post is to say I’m here and will be more active today so don’t write me off yet please!)


Yeah I think you're safe for today just by virtue of Ubik's Nale findings on Micky, but you're in the process of elimination for me basically because almost everybody else has bumped themselves above your position today. Looking forward to seeing your contributions.

Timotheus wrote:3. Ubik: he's gone up on my list, because zaz has been very quiet. The suspicion is still kind of there. I find it kind of suspicious that the guy he proposes to lynch is the guy I put on the bottom of my previous list, but that's mostly me having trust issues. We seem to be agreeing a lot, so I feel a bit more confident about him. Or at least about working together with him.


So obviously things have changed, my thought at the start of the day was that his question on a surface level seemed ripe for misinformation type answers, but that he was also looking for somebody to search in the night. Everything else I've seen from him has me trusting him a lot.

Timotheus wrote:4. The Dissident: Love how he's like: "didn't read last page, but I received an offer last night". This also wasn't his first post on day two. As long as there's no counter-claim, I feel like we have to trust him. The idea that the mafia didn't offer anybody an offer on day one, is hard for me to believe. They've got to take every chance they have because if Odium gets killed or lynched it's not -1 but possibly -2 mafias.


I agree that mafia should always at least take the chance. Like Lotha has said, he's a good candidate for it too since he's a quiet player as either alignment. I think I mentioned that mafia might not have sent an offer out, or at least came up with an explanation for why. I don't buy into it at all, but if nobody had claimed that they had gotten an offer, the possibility that they just didn't to get us to go around in circles all day is... plausible (at best). Anyway, I believe him for now based on his posts between the two days.

Timothus wrote:8. Silver: Last game she was mafia, and I don't remember her making lists like the did on page 10. For the rest she hasn't posted a lot, so there's just not that much information, to start trusting her. I put her before Micky, because I feel like she's been a lot more transparent. Putting Lotha at the bottom was pretty ballsy.


I agree, I do have her a bit higher right now after her reads post. I thought most of it was really well thought out and it came from a solid town perspective. I see your reasoning here though.

zazisaspaz wrote:@Timo, I don’t want sympathy, I just think it’s annoying how people can be like “oh my gosh she’s acting so weird for saying she doesn’t have any good reads on anyone” which is literally the whole point of the game. And to that point, if people do vote me off, I don’t want them to feel bad about it. Haha it’s definitely more sympathy for others than myself the way I see it.
Also, Cameron said he wanted to look more into one of my reasons for voting for you... how on earth is that him agreeing with me or jumping on a bandwagon? Now I’m kinda wondering if I rescinded my vote for you too soon...


Well... the point of the game is to get reads on people. I'm super wary of you, but this post...

zazisaspaz wrote:
Lotha wrote:Shallan should definitely counter-claim. As you said, it's not really a vital role, and it doesn't really out the doctor - still a lot of potential targets for that. Ubik, I don't like your thought process here :shifty


I agree it’s not necessarily the most vital, but it could protect the cop or the doctor from being discovered by mafia. Just in case anyone else was confused by this role, I figured I would share that tidbit :)


...feels super townie to me. I wish I had a conclusion on your role, but based on the events of the day, you'll be around for us to look into further, which is... something at least.

Ubik wrote:Honestly? Had a feeling it would come up town and that the mafia would try to push on him as a miss-kill today. I'm also aware of the fact that sometimes his busy-ness can work against him with how he's perceived, and wanted something solid on him.


Smart. I like it!

Going to end this post off with a reads list as well. I think Ubik's plan regarding Summer should clear her as well... but until then I'm very tentative. If anybody wants me to expand on anything, please let me know.

TOWN
Ubik
Lotha
Timo

NEUTRAL
Dissident
Julianna
Silver
Cam

MAFIA
Summer
Micky
Image

User avatar
Andy92
You Waste Your Time
Posts: 13716
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:52 pm

Re: The Stormlight Archive Mafia - Life Before Death - Day Two

Postby Andy92 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:41 pm

Day 2 vote tally:

1. Summer votes for Micky
2. Lotha votes for Silver
3. Inc votes for Micky
4. Ubik votes for Micky
5. Timo votes for Micky
6. The Dissident votes for Micky
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

User avatar
Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle
Posts: 16427
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:52 am
Location: Belgium シ

Re: The Stormlight Archive Mafia - Life Before Death - Day Two

Postby Timotheus » Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:42 pm

Took me a few reads to understand what Ubik was saying. But it's a good idea. If Nale attacks, we lose Dalinar's 'tyranic's' vote anyway. This way we can clear Summer at the same time.

Of course, we 100% have to believe Ubik. If he's lying about being a cop this plan doesn't work.
Image

anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

User avatar
Micky
On The Rail
Posts: 1229
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:41 pm
Location: with my creepy uncle timo

Re: The Stormlight Archive Mafia - Life Before Death - Day Two

Postby Micky » Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:43 pm

Well, fuck.
Image


Thanks Andy!

User avatar
Lotha
Colloquial
Posts: 5291
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:54 am
Location: Serbia

Re: The Stormlight Archive Mafia - Life Before Death - Day Two

Postby Lotha » Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:45 pm

I'm trusting Ubik.

DEADLINE VOTE: MICKY
Photobucket is responsible for my lack of signature today.

TABN Discord: https://discord.gg/sGXRGZ

User avatar
zazthespaz
Kumar
Posts: 13216
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:12 am

Re: And probably 20 minutes drafting this. Is everyone else this slow?!

Postby zazthespaz » Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:45 pm

Go figure, I spend 30 minutes re-reading day 2 and just as I'm finishing, Ubik goes and drops that.

Vote: Micky

Anyway, since I'm freshly read, might as well post my reads list:
TOWN:
Nobody - I stand by my logic from last game. There's no solid evidence on anybody yet.

NEUTRAL (from leaning town to leaning mafia):
Ubik: Obviously huge revelation if proven right means he's definitely town in my opinion. Interesting tidbit though- I had two tabs open as I was doing my re-read and I was reading Ubik's day 2 reads list just as he dropped the Micky bomb. He had Micky listed as his last neutral, but not a mafia. If he knew Micky was mafia when he wrote that, a little odd that he wouldn't put Micky in that category. I get trying to play it slow, but I'm curious about the logic for it.

Summer: Also made a role claim nobody else has challenged (yet). Curious to see where she stands after today, but feeling ok about her for now. Also, she got my back after Timo challenged my quote about him.

Inconquerable: I think everyone has her listed in their top 3 (top half of the list at the very least). She's making good calls it seems and getting good info from everyone which will hopefully lead to solid decisions in night 2.

Timo: I did quote Summer's question about how he's playing as a reminder to myself and others to review his game. After re-reading, I think he's fine, he's playing a solid townie game. Hasn't claimed a role yet (not that I'd expect him to, unless he's either Wit or Dalinar) and there is still room for him to be mafia, but for now I'm feeling good about him.

Lotha: Seems a little argumentative. Could be for good, could be for evil. Chaotic neutral alignment. Can easily see her accepting a mafia invite, can also see her trying to get a townie win.

UhohitsJulianna: a) wish she'd capitalized more of the letters in her name. b) Good responses so far, but providing little insight beyond those. Middle of the list for me.

Dissident: Quiet, the whole "mafia tried to recruit me" seems a little odd. Would like an investigation on him if possible to make sure he wasn't recruited and is playing a card for them, but there are a few others I'd like to see an investigation on too.

Silver: still suspicious of her. I think the mafia won last game because she flew under the radar for so long. Could be a similar situation here.

MAFIA:
Micky. 'Nuf said.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.


User avatar
Andy92
You Waste Your Time
Posts: 13716
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:52 pm

Can you see where this is going?

Postby Andy92 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:50 pm

Day 2 vote tally:

1. Summer votes for Micky
2. Lotha votes for Micky
3. Inc votes for Micky
4. Ubik votes for Micky
5. Timo votes for Micky
6. The Dissident votes for Micky
7. zazthespaz votes for Micky
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

User avatar
Micky
On The Rail
Posts: 1229
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:41 pm
Location: with my creepy uncle timo

Re: The Stormlight Archive Mafia - Life Before Death - Day Two

Postby Micky » Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:52 pm

IMMEDIATE VOTE: Micky
Image


Thanks Andy!

User avatar
Ubik
Bachelor Daddy
Posts: 4156
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:12 pm

Re: And probably 20 minutes drafting this. Is everyone else this slow?!

Postby Ubik » Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:19 pm

zazthespaz wrote:NEUTRAL (from leaning town to leaning mafia):
Ubik: Obviously huge revelation if proven right means he's definitely town in my opinion. Interesting tidbit though- I had two tabs open as I was doing my re-read and I was reading Ubik's day 2 reads list just as he dropped the Micky bomb. He had Micky listed as his last neutral, but not a mafia. If he knew Micky was mafia when he wrote that, a little odd that he wouldn't put Micky in that category. I get trying to play it slow, but I'm curious about the logic for it.

Fair question! The answer is that I was being a little sneaky. I was genuinely pretty wary of Dissident at the time, and was interested in whether Micky took a bite on voting for him. If he did, I'd feel better about Dissident. As it happens we got some info on Diss another way. I also deliberately called that mid-section "need more" rather than "neutral" because that was a more accurate way of putting it - I wanted to see how Micky interacted with other people more, who he was willing to vote for, and who he wasn't.

Timo had a point about being calculated, huh...
And if you fall, at least you tried
As you tremble on the wire...

User avatar
Inconquerable
Rise Today
Posts: 3917
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:21 pm
Location: Shady Oak Dr.

Re: Um... subject!

Postby Inconquerable » Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:26 pm

zazthespaz wrote:Timo: I did quote Summer's question about how he's playing as a reminder to myself and others to review his game. After re-reading, I think he's fine, he's playing a solid townie game. Hasn't claimed a role yet (not that I'd expect him to, unless he's either Wit or Dalinar) and there is still room for him to be mafia, but for now I'm feeling good about him.

Lotha: Seems a little argumentative. Could be for good, could be for evil. Chaotic neutral alignment. Can easily see her accepting a mafia invite, can also see her trying to get a townie win.

UhohitsJulianna: a) wish she'd capitalized more of the letters in her name. b) Good responses so far, but providing little insight beyond those. Middle of the list for me.

Dissident: Quiet, the whole "mafia tried to recruit me" seems a little odd. Would like an investigation on him if possible to make sure he wasn't recruited and is playing a card for them, but there are a few others I'd like to see an investigation on too.

Silver: still suspicious of her. I think the mafia won last game because she flew under the radar for so long. Could be a similar situation here.


So I'm not going to pick apart each one on their own, I don't think I see anything that I want to push on here. I am curious to know if the order here is specific? If so, could you go into why each person is above the other?

Ubik wrote:Fair question! The answer is that I was being a little sneaky. I was genuinely pretty wary of Dissident at the time, and was interested in whether Micky took a bite on voting for him. If he did, I'd feel better about Dissident. As it happens we got some info on Diss another way. I also deliberately called that mid-section "need more" rather than "neutral" because that was a more accurate way of putting it - I wanted to see how Micky interacted with other people more, who he was willing to vote for, and who he wasn't.

Timo had a point about being calculated, huh...


Did you learn anything from this that you'd be willing to share? I know since you're the cop you probably don't want to give much away, but if you're willing to talk about it, we've got 8.5 hours to talk teams! His reads list HERE could tell us a lot. I'm personally going to go through it anyway as well as his other posts to see if there's anything in there, if you want to talk about possible partners let me know.

This invitation is of course open to everybody. We've got thread time to bounce ideas off of one another, I say why not use it?
Image

User avatar
Inconquerable
Rise Today
Posts: 3917
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:21 pm
Location: Shady Oak Dr.

Re: Get on in here, Micky!

Postby Inconquerable » Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:36 pm

Micky wrote:Okay, so I had a little free time before I head into work, so I'm going to post my reads list.

I'm going to post it in order of who I think is the safest to least safe.

Lotha: I think Lotha is the safest bet for townie. She's playing with what seems like a whole lot of fire and passion this game, and although she is normally an intense player, I always find her to be MORE intense when she's townie than when she is mafia. She's also my mom, so I trust her.

Incon: I think Inkster is actually the role she claims to be. She's playing a very similar style to last game (Although, I don't think playing styles should always be compared between games), but since nobody counterclaimed her role, or anyone else claimed to be any other roles, I feel inclined to take her on her word at this point.

Timo: I really got lucky with Timo last game, but I find he is playing a bit more of an aggressive game. Last game he was seemingly skating by until I called him out, so I feel like his posts have a bit more "pep in their step". Including calling me out, which I will address at the end of this post.

Dissident: I don't know much about Dissident's playing style, but he's more borderline for me than anything. I need to see more about him before I really start to judge him. I also want to help him find that tracker that he done lost again

Cam: I ALLLLWAYS suspect Cam, but this game he doesn't strike me as Cam being mafia. He's participating a lot more, offering ideas and opinions and not posting as many "jokey" posts, although when he does, they are hilarious.

Summer: sumsum didn’t wish me a happy birthday so she’s suspicious AF to me


Julianna: I don't know Julianna, so she's going in the middle/lower tier just because I'm unsure if I can trust her and I need to understand her playing style, and while I'm sure she's lovely, I don't know if I trust her yet.

Ubik: Ubik is allllways someone I suspect but that's usually because the way he plays makes me feel dumb :lol I'm joking (kind of). He plays so smart and is very careful with his arguments that I am unsure if I can take him at his word or not. So I'm suspecting him, but that is subject to change.

Now, that one that I trust the absolute LEAST

Silver. Why? Silver has been mafia the last two games that we have played, and she has really skated by without much of a peep. While I am sure it is unlikely she would be mafia a third time in a row, I cannot help but wonder. I really cannot trust her at all until I hear more from her. She's the one I will be keeping the closest eye on.

Now, these are all subject to change. The way mafia goes, I feel that I need to play each day as its own game. You know?


Actually no, let's do this. Micky, let's chat! Looking back on this now... I see like three non-reads: Dissident, Summer, and Julianna. After their posts in this phase, how do you feel about them? I'd also like to hear some thoughts on Cam after his posts, the read you have on him is pretty lacking as well.

Now since your reads list, Silver posted what I feel was a pretty strong list of her own. Talk to me about it. Has it changed your opinion of her at all? For better or worse? You wanted to hear more from her to get more of an opinion, how did her post look to you?
Image

User avatar
zazthespaz
Kumar
Posts: 13216
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:12 am

Re: Could be the chicken sandwich talking though.

Postby zazthespaz » Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:54 pm

Ubik wrote:
zazthespaz wrote:NEUTRAL (from leaning town to leaning mafia):
Ubik: Obviously huge revelation if proven right means he's definitely town in my opinion. Interesting tidbit though- I had two tabs open as I was doing my re-read and I was reading Ubik's day 2 reads list just as he dropped the Micky bomb. He had Micky listed as his last neutral, but not a mafia. If he knew Micky was mafia when he wrote that, a little odd that he wouldn't put Micky in that category. I get trying to play it slow, but I'm curious about the logic for it.

Fair question! The answer is that I was being a little sneaky. I was genuinely pretty wary of Dissident at the time, and was interested in whether Micky took a bite on voting for him. If he did, I'd feel better about Dissident. As it happens we got some info on Diss another way. I also deliberately called that mid-section "need more" rather than "neutral" because that was a more accurate way of putting it - I wanted to see how Micky interacted with other people more, who he was willing to vote for, and who he wasn't.

Smart play!
Inconquerable wrote:
zazthespaz wrote:Timo: I did quote Summer's question about how he's playing as a reminder to myself and others to review his game. After re-reading, I think he's fine, he's playing a solid townie game. Hasn't claimed a role yet (not that I'd expect him to, unless he's either Wit or Dalinar) and there is still room for him to be mafia, but for now I'm feeling good about him.

Lotha: Seems a little argumentative. Could be for good, could be for evil. Chaotic neutral alignment. Can easily see her accepting a mafia invite, can also see her trying to get a townie win.

UhohitsJulianna: a) wish she'd capitalized more of the letters in her name. b) Good responses so far, but providing little insight beyond those. Middle of the list for me.

Dissident: Quiet, the whole "mafia tried to recruit me" seems a little odd. Would like an investigation on him if possible to make sure he wasn't recruited and is playing a card for them, but there are a few others I'd like to see an investigation on too.

Silver: still suspicious of her. I think the mafia won last game because she flew under the radar for so long. Could be a similar situation here.


So I'm not going to pick apart each one on their own, I don't think I see anything that I want to push on here. I am curious to know if the order here is specific? If so, could you go into why each person is above the other?

Just gut feeling of suspicion relative to each other. Lotha and Julianna are probably interchangeable as are Dissident and Silver.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.


UhohitsJulianna
Brand New Start
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2020 3:46 pm

Re: The Stormlight Archive Mafia - Life Before Death - Day Two

Postby UhohitsJulianna » Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:02 pm

Holy crap- I had a busy morning and come back to this and everything’s hit the fan! XD

Although at this point, I believe we have enough votes that mine doesn’t really matter. However, as stated before in my list both Micky and Ubik were in the middle for me. Now that it appears one of them is lying- it’s definitely a tough call. I originally had Ubik one slot lower than Micky as they have been pushing a bit harder than Micky and it made me suspicious . However with the information that Ubik might be Wit and knowing what they claim to know- their actions and posts make a lot more sense.

Micky- I’m sorry buddy I was pulling for you, but things aren’t looking too good.

Deadline Vote: Micky

User avatar
Andy92
You Waste Your Time
Posts: 13716
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:52 pm

Will we get 10/10?

Postby Andy92 » Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:05 pm

Day 2 vote tally:

1. Summer votes for Micky
2. Lotha votes for Micky
3. Inc votes for Micky
4. Ubik votes for Micky
5. Timo votes for Micky
6. The Dissident votes for Micky
7. zazthespaz votes for Micky
8. Micky votes for...Micky (classic move)
9. Julianna votes for Micky
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

User avatar
Lotha
Colloquial
Posts: 5291
Joined: Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:54 am
Location: Serbia

Re: The Stormlight Archive Mafia - Life Before Death - Day Two

Postby Lotha » Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:38 pm

Looks like Micky is toast. I'll probably be asleep before the night phase starts so I just wanted to say Ubik looks like an obvious target for Kaladin to protect but uh, in case Kaladin doesn't want to go for the obvious target to protect, do your MVP thing and do not worry about me. :humina
Photobucket is responsible for my lack of signature today.

TABN Discord: https://discord.gg/sGXRGZ

zazisaspaz
On The Rail
Posts: 1550
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:17 am

Re: The Stormlight Archive Mafia - Life Before Death - Day Two

Postby zazisaspaz » Sun Jul 19, 2020 4:35 pm

@Ubik, do I still need to risk losing my power to vote Micky? I don’t think that seems necessary today.


Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests