The Stormlight Archive Mafia - Life Before Death - The CHAOS of Night 3

Talk about anything and everything here.
The Dissident
White Knuckled

Re: The Stormlight Archive Mafia - Life Before Death - Day One

Post by The Dissident »

I will add some thoughts in a little bit running some errands, didn't add any last night cause I was drunk at the time of posting.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Aww, no PM'ing. Well, okay. Nothing's gonna happen anyway.

Incon, I'm prepared to work with you, consider you've taken a central position and seem to be working in favor of the townies. But I'm not fully convinced.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: Should've cleared this up for myself sooner.

Post by Inconquerable »

Timotheus wrote:Aww, no PM'ing. Well, okay. Nothing's gonna happen anyway.

Incon, I'm prepared to work with you, consider you've taken a central position and seem to be working in favor of the townies. But I'm not fully convinced.
I totally understand your reservations, I would be cautious about somebody pulling something like this too. I've got you pretty high up on my list right now, but I do still have a guard up for you from the last game. I'm trying to put that out of my mind but you got to me pretty good. =P

@ANDY: Just for future reference, what happens if we don't hit a majority in a day phase by the deadline? Do we move forward with a no kill like last time?

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Yeah it’s similar to the last game. We’ll move forward with a no-kill for the day phase.

As a reminder, this phase ends at 11:00 PM EST tonight.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

The Dissident
White Knuckled

Post by The Dissident »

Ok so here are my thoughts:

1. Inc claims vig immediately, which while yes this works out well being that there are 3 of them in the role list, it also could be a massive play early on to draw out fakeclaims. I'm inclined to believe it at this point but it also makes her a target for all protective and killing night actions because well a known vig needs to be safe from a town perspective and offed from a mafia perspective.

2. Lotha spoke on the whole claiming early and the above statement is sort of an echo of what she has said. But her post encourages more claims. I for one hate role claiming and think it usually shoots town in the foot.

3. The discussion on role claiming occurs and I don't have more to add to that.

4. I'm of the belief that Inc is Innocent

5. I brought up the day 1 lynch vs no lynch discussion. I'm on team No Lynch but will complete one as needed. There just isn't enough to actually go on for a vote and having said that I don't feel like suspicions on day 1 are worth any merit.

6. If we no lynch today we have the best chance in terms of overall numbers going into day 2 assuming if we had hit a townie in an attempted day 1 lynch we are down potentially 2 people if not more if the vig's take their shots.

zazisaspaz
On The Rail

Yup, all these games have made me ruthless.

Post by zazisaspaz »

Inconquerable wrote:
zazisaspaz wrote:Hehehe I hadn't yet read the roles or summarized them on my whiteboard. Now I have! :D (Also, being able to text Andy helps ha)

Yeah, hate to loose a townie due to an ill-informed guess, but I think all these recent games have me jaded and it's not like I ever feel super conclusive about anyone, so I'm kinda down to just wing it and take a guess for a day 1 kill. At least we'd be able to narrow down the list a smidge.
So at this point in the game, who would you put a vote down for if you had to choose right now?
Tie between Timo and Lotha, just based on the content of their posts. But I could be convinced to go for someone who hasn't yet posted. (Also, I know that's totally unfair. Of course, people who have been able to post are going to be on everyone's radar more than the silent ones, and I get that the silent ones have other stuff going on. We have different time zones and different daily activities. But like I said earlier, either way a kill would at least narrow things down for better or for worse.)

But apparently everyone is being lame, tame, and polite... sheesh not trying to finish anyone today... boring. <sigh> :pout

UhohitsJulianna
Brand New Start

Post by UhohitsJulianna »

The Dissident wrote:Ok so here are my thoughts:

1. Inc claims vig immediately, which while yes this works out well being that there are 3 of them in the role list, it also could be a massive play early on to draw out fakeclaims. I'm inclined to believe it at this point but it also makes her a target for all protective and killing night actions because well a known vig needs to be safe from a town perspective and offed from a mafia perspective.

2. Lotha spoke on the whole claiming early and the above statement is sort of an echo of what she has said. But her post encourages more claims. I for one hate role claiming and think it usually shoots town in the foot.

3. The discussion on role claiming occurs and I don't have more to add to that.

4. I'm of the belief that Inc is Innocent

5. I brought up the day 1 lynch vs no lynch discussion. I'm on team No Lynch but will complete one as needed. There just isn't enough to actually go on for a vote and having said that I don't feel like suspicions on day 1 are worth any merit.

6. If we no lynch today we have the best chance in terms of overall numbers going into day 2 assuming if we had hit a townie in an attempted day 1 lynch we are down potentially 2 people if not more if the vig's take their shots.
I agree with the above statements. At this time we don’t know enough to make an educated guess and any lynch (if we could even agree on one) would be a stab in the dark-pun intended ;)

zazisaspaz
On The Rail

Post by zazisaspaz »

UhohitsJulianna wrote:any lynch (if we could even agree on one) would be a stab in the dark-pun intended ;)
El-oh- elllll no wonder she and Andy are friends! :lol :lol :lol

UhohitsJulianna
Brand New Start

Post by UhohitsJulianna »

zazisaspaz wrote:
UhohitsJulianna wrote:any lynch (if we could even agree on one) would be a stab in the dark-pun intended ;)
El-oh- elllll no wonder she and Andy are friends! :lol :lol :lol
:lol I’ll take that as a compliment?

zazisaspaz
On The Rail

Post by zazisaspaz »

Absolutely!

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

zazisaspaz wrote:Absolutely!
Whew, I was sweating that one for a second...

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: Might need to come up with a better nickname than Sassy Summer.

Post by Inconquerable »

The Dissident wrote:2. Lotha spoke on the whole claiming early and the above statement is sort of an echo of what she has said. But her post encourages more claims. I for one hate role claiming and think it usually shoots town in the foot.
Could you please do me a favour and point out where Lotha's encouraging more claims? I'm pretty sure she's made it clear that she does not want to see anymore claims at this point, and I went back to check and didn't find anything, but maybe I'm missing something?

Also going to ask you the same thing I've asked others, if we were going to vote somebody out today, who would you personally feel comfortable voting for?
zazisaspaz wrote:Tie between Timo and Lotha, just based on the content of their posts. But I could be convinced to go for someone who hasn't yet posted. (Also, I know that's totally unfair. Of course, people who have been able to post are going to be on everyone's radar more than the silent ones, and I get that the silent ones have other stuff going on. We have different time zones and different daily activities. But like I said earlier, either way a kill would at least narrow things down for better or for worse.)

But apparently everyone is being lame, tame, and polite... sheesh not trying to finish anyone today... boring. <sigh> :pout
I'm all in for Sassy Summer in this game! Appreciate you giving me an answer here. I would have a really hard time voting for Timo or Lotha personally, but I like that you're not simply looking at low posters as targets first. And I see your point about narrowing down the list a bit, but I think it's a risky play given they could successfully recruit someone tonight and be in a really good position numbers wise afterwards if we don't get it right.

The Dissident
White Knuckled

Re: Might need to come up with a better nickname than Sassy Summer.

Post by The Dissident »

Inconquerable wrote:
The Dissident wrote:2. Lotha spoke on the whole claiming early and the above statement is sort of an echo of what she has said. But her post encourages more claims. I for one hate role claiming and think it usually shoots town in the foot.
Could you please do me a favour and point out where Lotha's encouraging more claims? I'm pretty sure she's made it clear that she does not want to see anymore claims at this point, and I went back to check and didn't find anything, but maybe I'm missing something?

Also going to ask you the same thing I've asked others, if we were going to vote somebody out today, who would you personally feel comfortable voting for?
zazisaspaz wrote:Tie between Timo and Lotha, just based on the content of their posts. But I could be convinced to go for someone who hasn't yet posted. (Also, I know that's totally unfair. Of course, people who have been able to post are going to be on everyone's radar more than the silent ones, and I get that the silent ones have other stuff going on. We have different time zones and different daily activities. But like I said earlier, either way a kill would at least narrow things down for better or for worse.)

I'm all in for Sassy Summer in this game! Appreciate you giving me an answer here. I would have a really hard time voting for Timo or Lotha personally, but I like that you're not simply looking at low posters as targets first. And I see your point about narrowing down the list a bit, but I think it's a risky play given they could successfully recruit someone tonight and be in a really good position numbers wise afterwards if we don't get it right.

Her first post following your claim. To me it came across as potentially encouraging more claims. It was more in how the post was worded from my perspective

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Re: The Stormlight Archive Mafia - Life Before Death - Night One

Post by Andy92 »

The sun set on the evening of day one. The Knights Radiant did not make much progress towards their goal of eliminating the Voidbringers. Dalinar closed the door to his private quarters and prepared for bed.

He looked up to the Stormfather. “Can I lead them out of this madness? In one of my visions I saw...a shadow. It wasn’t normal, not like the shadow that follows you from the cast of the afternoon sun. It was sick, twisted.”

The Stormfather rumbled. HE WATCHES YOU. THE ONE WHO HATES. ONE MAY SEEK TO BETRAY YOU.

“How do I hold us together?” Dalinar’s voice croaked with a hint of defeat. “You warned me of...possible betrayal before as well.”

UNITE THEM.

The words echoed in Dalinar’s mind as he slowly drifted off to sleep.

NIGHT ONE BEGINS

There will be no posting in this thread for 24 hours. We will resume the game at 11:00 PM on Friday. Please send me your night actions if you have any.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Re: The Stormlight Archive Mafia - Life Before Death - Day Two

Post by Andy92 »

Someone heard a loud noise in the middle of the night. They rushed out of their room to find a broken window. A creature with red eyes had broken into the complex.

It was one of the Fused, minions subject to the influence of Odium. Voidbringers who fought to do his hateful bidding.

And it had come for blood.

They rushed down the hallway but were too slow to keep up with the Fused. A door was busted down, and the Fused raised its blade and prepared to strike its target to the ground.

And Kaladin Stormblessed lashed it against the wall.

A fight broke out between Kaladin and the Fused. The Fused thrashed its weapon about, fighting with a crazed hatred to destroy the one standing in the way of its target. Kaladin fought swiftly with his spear, winds forming around him to guide his every move. When Kaladin became one with his spear, he was a force to be reckoned with.

And that spear pierced through the skull of the Fused.

The Fused failed its task in the night as Kaladin Stormblessed saved one of his own.

Kaladin breathed a sigh of relief, but his mind would not allow him to be completely at ease.

DAY TWO BEGINS

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: Day One V. 2.0

Post by Inconquerable »

Well frig nice job, Kaladin! On one hand I hope you didn't protect me in the night, on the other if you did and I was the target, I thank you for the assist. I really... don't know how to approach today now that we're basically repeating day one all over again since we don't have a kill to analyze. I think I'll do a list up of reasons why mafia might have targeted each of us in the night and why they might not have. It'll be conjecture mostly but it's something to start me off with anyway.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Awesome! Good to know the doc was involved. Else we would've been guessing if it was really the doc or Lift or Jasnah Kholin. This means we know there's one townie (doc) who knows one other townie (the attacked player) with 100% certainty.

Unless a cop speaks out, this is going to be a difficult day, I fear. Basically, like Incon said, it's day one all over, with the added risk that a townie might've turned, so reading day-one posts might be misleading. I'm going to make a list in a few hours, with my thoughts about every player. Kind of expect more people to do the same. The faster the better. If the cop found somebody guilty, I advice him/her to wait till everybody has made a list, or at least a decent post, so we have some extra recent information on every player.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

Good job Kaladin! No wonder the bridgeboy saves the day :) Hopefully Wit has something for us today.
Photobucket is responsible for my lack of signature today.

TABN Discord: https://discord.gg/sGXRGZ

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

My list

Green Zone.
Nobody.

Yellow Zone.
1. Lotha. She seemed genuinely upset with Incon’s opening on day one. She could have acted that of course, but it seemed real to me. Most of her day one posts are on that subject. Aside from that, she disagreed with me, but everybody who touched that subject disagreed with me. She’s also in Inconquerable’s top list, so I’m prepared to work with her.

2. Inconquerable. She’s either playing a fancy mafia game, or a fancy townie game. So far, I think she’s been asking the right questions to the right people, and although I don’t agree with her actions, I can see value in what’s she’s doing. I think it’s dangerous to follow her blindly, so if we’re going to work together as a team, I’m not willing to let her take the lead. I’m not saying I should be the leader, because I know everybody’s going to suspect me at one points, but I’d rather have the top of my list working together to come up with somebody.

3. zaz(thespaz). Used his own experience from last game to defend Incon’s actions. Called me out when he didn’t agree with me, but in a logical way. Seems to be playing a regular zaz-game.

4. Ubik. Also on the top of Inconquerable’s list, so that definitely influenced me to put him this high. I was a mafia with him last game, and I got to read his posts from that point of view. All of his posts seem very calculated. Just a feeling. In essence, I think he hasn’t said anything suspicious, so I’m prepared to work with him.

Orange Zone
5. Julianna. Hasn’t posted a lot, but did a pretty good job keeping up with everybody, considering this is her first game. I have no idea how to read her, so she’s somewhere in the middle for me. Her posts made sense, but were all very ‘follow-the-pack’-ish.

6. Summer (zazisaspaz). Claims she’s fine with killing Inconquerable on day 1, even though she thinks she’s innocent. Thought that was odd. For the rest she’s been playing a pretty normal game. Called me out as usual. That might be a factor why she’s more towards the bottom of my list.

7. The Dissident. He kind of echoed my fear on no-lynching. Afterwards completely ignores all my arguments, and goes along with the pack.

8. Silver. Posted once, in response to my post. Claims she thinks Inconquerable looks guilty and is fine with voting her out.

Red Zone
9. Micky. Micky, Micky, Micky. I love him, but somehow I always suspect him. He’s like Andy 2.0. And Andy’s not playing, so I guess he’s Andy 1.0 now. Everything he’s said screams ‘I’m mafia, but I’m trying to play a perfect townie’ to me. He’s giving nothing away. Everybody is ‘normal’. A lot of what he’s saying reminds me off my day one last mafia game.
Last edited by Timotheus on Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Nice, well done the doc.

One question to start the day - did anyone receive an offer from the mafia?
For all of the hope that it brings...