You Win Or You Die - Game Of Thrones Mafia

Talk about anything and everything here.
Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Re: Uh oh, you better double check!

Post by Andy92 »

Inconquerable wrote:Feels like your partner is on her way out and you're trying to get the majority to swing the other way to save her so the town side can't actually win the game. Or you're trying to cause confusion so we end up with a no kill, also preventing townies from winning.
This is what I’ve been assuming. That’s why last night I said I wanted to wait to see what Ubik would do today. I figured if him and Silver were partners he would try to defend her. If Ubik was mafia and Silver was town, he would have just voted for her and went on with it.

There’s a chance he’s a townie trying to defend her innocently while she’s actually mafia, but either way we need this vote to go through. I don’t think there’s a plausible way that both Ubik and Silver are town. But I am confident that if only one of those two is mafia, it’s Silver for the reason I stated above. Mafia Ubik would vote for Silver without hesitation if she was a townie.

We’re in the position now where if just one person switches their vote, we end up with a no-kill.

I personally feel confident that Micky and Inc are with the town. From my perspective that leaves 2/3 mafia members being amongst Silver/Ubik/Summer. I went with Silver first on my vote in an attempt to draw the partner out. If both Summer and Ubik voted for Silver, I would have assumed Silver was actually a townie. That doesn’t line up now, so I believe the plan worked.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: Sitting pretty even!

Post by Inconquerable »

Andy92 wrote:
Inconquerable wrote:Feels like your partner is on her way out and you're trying to get the majority to swing the other way to save her so the town side can't actually win the game. Or you're trying to cause confusion so we end up with a no kill, also preventing townies from winning.
This is what I’ve been assuming. That’s why last night I said I wanted to wait to see what Ubik would do today. I figured if him and Silver were partners he would try to defend her. If Ubik was mafia and Silver was town, he would have just voted for her and went on with it.

There’s a chance he’s a townie trying to defend her innocently while she’s actually mafia, but either way we need this vote to go through. I don’t think there’s a plausible way that both Ubik and Silver are town. But I am confident that if only one of those two is mafia, it’s Silver for the reason I stated above. Mafia Ubik would vote for Silver without hesitation if she was a townie.

We’re in the position now where if just one person switches their vote, we end up with a no-kill.

I personally feel confident that Micky and Inc are with the town. From my perspective that leaves 2/3 mafia members being amongst Silver/Ubik/Summer. I went with Silver first on my vote in an attempt to draw the partner out. If both Summer and Ubik voted for Silver, I would have assumed Silver was actually a townie. That doesn’t line up now, so I believe the plan worked.
I'm not going to say it now, but wait until I tell you the reason I jumped back onto the vote when you told me to earlier.

I also think Silver coming up mafia clears Summer based on today's stuff and a post of Silver's from back in day one. Which leaves Ubik, who I've talked about extensively obviously. The no kill on day one left us in a position with this set up (three mafia to six townies originally) where we basically have to be right every time. Which kind of sucks, but that's what it's come down to. Having said that, the night kill will tell us a lot too. At this point if it's Silver and Ubik, Ubik has to kill Micky tonight because killing you looks bad for him, killing me looks terrible, and killing Summer eliminates the possible mis-kill. I think we're looking good.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Re: You Win Or You Die - Game Of Thrones Mafia

Post by Andy92 »

My gut says Silver and Ubik but I’ve been tossing the following 3 combinations in my head.

1) Silver and Ubik
2) Silver and Summer
3) Ubik and Summer

I think option one is the most likely since Summer voted for Silver #2 right behind me. She could just be playing a really savvy game but I believe Silver and Ubik make the most sense.

If Silver isn’t mafia, somehow, it’s gotta be Ubik and Summer together. I just don’t see a scenario where Ubik and Summer are a team and Ubik refuses to vote for Silver.

The possibility that Silver and Summer are together where Ubik was an innocent townie afraid I was manipulating everyone scares me the most though lol

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: Unless you're going subtle on us!

Post by Inconquerable »

So these are the posts that make me feel like there’s no way it’s Silver and Summer at this point:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4211&p=213557#p213557 (Silver brings Summer up then immediately backs up on it, no way that’s a team.)
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4211&p=213894#p213894
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4211&start=380#p213920

I didn’t post my case on Ubik and Summer, don’t know if I need to yet but I will if Silver doesn’t flip mafia. But they do make sense together.

The big old non-read on Ubik from Silver in the second post above makes me think that they work as well. And of course now he seems to be trying to help her not be voted out.

I definitely have to look at you in day four too if Silver flips town. But I’ve looked at your posts lots of times and I always come back to the same conclusion of you just feeling townie. I don’t think I’ve seen you solving this much before at all, but especially not as mafia. If I have to do it I will, but I don’t think I’ll have to.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

If Silver is a townie I wouldn’t blame anyone for looking at me lol, but the only team I can deduce in that scenario is Ubik and Summer.

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: Game feels good.

Post by Inconquerable »

Also logistically, the flow of the thread yesterday was clearly myself vs. Ubik, that could very well have been the decision everybody would have had to make. Unless you're specifically mafia with Ubik (which... feeds into his theory of you and Timo being performative in early day two but falls apart pretty quickly when he starts casing you and trying to get the thread to vote for you over me), you don't stick your neck out like this as mafia and turn the tide of the day to Silver. Like... outside chance that it's you and Summer but again, two townies (in that world) arguing leading to a guaranteed mis-kill is a mafia goldmine. You and Silver... HA. After all this? No.

The Dissident
White Knuckled

Post by The Dissident »

Day 2 Has ended, Silver is taken away and removed from the game... Silver was GUILTY. Night 3 has begun

Vote Tally
Player - Immediate/Deadline - Players voting
Silver - 0/4 - Andy92, Zazisaspaz, Micky, Inconquerable, Aemon
Andy92 0/1 - Ubik

The Dissident
White Knuckled

Post by The Dissident »

Town gathers in the morning and realizes that Andy92 is missing! Upon searching his place the town realizes that he was Innocent. There are 4 players remaining. 3 Votes are required to eliminate a player

The Day Phase will end on Monday July 6th at 10pm Pacific

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: Might do my first immediate vote!

Post by Inconquerable »

This should be our last day, assuming all goes to plan.

Micky, what happened over night if you don't mind me asking? Reads list is below, probably won't surprise anybody.

TOWN
Micky
Summer

MAFIA
Ubik

I do want to hear from Ubik before I put my vote down on him. I'm thinking he will come in comparing him not voting for Silver to me not voting for Timo. I would advise Summer and Micky to not fall for this. And if he tries to pull the old "why would I vote for Andy in day three and then immediately night kill him?", look back at THIS post in which he A) tries to manipulate you into voting for Andy (confirmed innocent), B) continues to case me while voting for automatic suspicion Andy, C) talks about how bad my play has been and how bad my case against him was, and D) defends his partner, Silver (confirmed guilty) and tries to get you two to mess with the vote count to save her and cause a no kill. Trying to form a counter wagon late in the day just adds to my mafia read on him, though I applaud the effort.

Micky, what have you got for us?

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Re: Might do my first immediate vote!

Post by Ubik »

Oh no, did Andy fall off his ladder?
Inconquerable wrote:This should be our last day, assuming all goes to plan.

Micky, what happened over night if you don't mind me asking? Reads list is below, probably won't surprise anybody.

TOWN
Micky
Summer

MAFIA
Ubik

I do want to hear from Ubik before I put my vote down on him. I'm thinking he will come in comparing him not voting for Silver to me not voting for Timo. I would advise Summer and Micky to not fall for this. And if he tries to pull the old "why would I vote for Andy in day three and then immediately night kill him?", look back at THIS post in which he A) tries to manipulate you into voting for Andy (confirmed innocent), B) continues to case me while voting for automatic suspicion Andy, C) talks about how bad my play has been and how bad my case against him was, and D) defends his partner, Silver (confirmed guilty) and tries to get you two to mess with the vote count to save her and cause a no kill. Trying to form a counter wagon late in the day just adds to my mafia read on him, though I applaud the effort.

Micky, what have you got for us?
Oh so NOW you want to hear from Micky. Very interesting!

IMMEDIATE VOTE: INCONQUERABLE
For all of the hope that it brings...

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

I investigated summer and she was innocent.
Thanks Andy!

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

As I always suspected she would be.

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: I rest my case.

Post by Inconquerable »

Micky wrote:I investigated summer and she was innocent.
Well that makes this all kinds of easy!

IMMEDIATE VOTE: UBIK

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: Someone just do the thing already please!

Post by Inconquerable »

Ubik wrote:Oh so NOW you want to hear from Micky. Very interesting!

IMMEDIATE VOTE: INCONQUERABLE
Hahahahahaaha. You are making me laugh, I'll give you that! My post says I wanted to hear from YOU before voting. And my day opening post from yesterday also clearly asks Micky for his results. Can't really twist something when it's right there plain as day.
Inconquerable wrote:So first, Cam, very sorry that I didn't trust you early on in day two. Later today I'll go through your posts to see if we can get any information that we may have missed like I did with Lotha.

Second, Micky, were you able to investigate anybody last night? Are you comfortable with sharing your findings?

Now... Mr. U. Bik,

I have some questions for you. Do you often agree with your biggest mafia read?

Timo's post explaining how Cam and Micky could be the mafia team.
Your post, in which you say that Cam and Micky are "almost certainly" the mafia team if it's not Timo.

I also want to bring to light THIS post, in which you react to Timo's doctor claim. In a vacuum, this looks ok. But when compared to your reaction to Cam's doctor claim earlier in the game... well you just don't react to it after it happened. HERE is the page where Andy spells it out plain as day. But you seem unconcerned about it HERE where you write about my mis-wording your point. You're more concerned with how you look, a typical mafia concern. I didn't read into that post any mafia intentions originally, but you seem to care very much about the way you're coming across, while just... ignoring Cam's doctor claim. In fact you don't talk about it for... a long time. In between you talk about mechanics, twice. And when you finally talk about it, you don't really come to any sort of conclusion on it, instead preferring to wait to see what happens in the night before coming to a conclusion. Which again, on its own, looks fine, but this was seven hours later, and not one post in between reacting to the claim.

Which makes me question why you were so outraged at Timo? The simplest answer? It's theatre. Micky outed Timo as mafia, Timo knew he was probably going down for it, claimed doctor, and you reacted as you did to keep your name from being associated with his. So let's talk about this! How do you respond?

---------------------------------

For the record, here is my updated reads list after night two.

TOWN
Andy
Micky
Silver

MAFIA
Summer
Ubik

I'm happy to discuss this and anything else.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Bussing your teammate was smart. Gets you good townie points. But I'm onto you.

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

I don’t understand Ubik’s post
Thanks Andy!

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: You'll understand real quick!

Post by Inconquerable »

Micky wrote:I don’t understand Ubik’s post
He's saying that I voted for Silver (who he believes I'm mafia partners with) to gain town credibility. Kind of falls apart when you take into consideration that I was working on clearing her as a townie when she wasn't showing up regularly. In this hypothetical situation, why not just keep my mouth shut about her?

If you have time, go through his posts and see how many times he even mentioned her yesterday when she was in the hot seat.

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

I’ll be at work all day so I will read everything tonight.
Thanks Andy!

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: You know I have no problem posting!

Post by Inconquerable »

So here's my suggestion, because I know that you and Summer are in tough spots. From his perspective (let's say here that he's town), I have to be mafia because you're the cop and you've cleared Summer. From my perspective (again assuming town), he has to be mafia for the same reasons.

Both of our posts are going to be skewed for this reason. So go through the thread and come to your own conclusions. Anything Ubik or I post today will be influenced by what we believe HAS to be true based on you being the cop and clearing Summer. So take your time and do some thinking about both of our posts, then make your decision. You have plenty of time, but Ubik and I were always going to cross vote today no matter what.

If you have any questions for me or need anything cleared up, let me know.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Re: You'll understand real quick!

Post by Ubik »

Inconquerable wrote:
Micky wrote:I don’t understand Ubik’s post
He's saying that I voted for Silver (who he believes I'm mafia partners with) to gain town credibility. Kind of falls apart when you take into consideration that I was working on clearing her as a townie when she wasn't showing up regularly. In this hypothetical situation, why not just keep my mouth shut about her?

If you have time, go through his posts and see how many times he even mentioned her yesterday when she was in the hot seat.
Interesting phrasing, given you say I'm mafia...

I mentioned her, but was sure that you and Andy were the team. I had a big ol' response to your case on me and added in my case on you. Was wrong about Andy, because you were extremely clever in covering your Silver-partnering tracks. Can't fault that. I think you saw that there was a bandwagon rolling and wanted to get on board before I did.

This part in particular:
Ubik wrote:As to this bandwagon the started rolling overnight - going with Silver would be literally agreeing with my number one mafia suspicion, unlike that thing with Timo where I agreed with a Timo hypothetically proven town. So unless someone gives me good evidence that Inc isn't mafia, I'm not about to go with the hunch of the guy that she's been pretty happy about the whole game.
Given you'd already highlighted that it was suspicious I'd agreed with something Timo said when he was my mafia suspicion, I was damned if I did and damned if I didn't. You then retreated from your own argument against Silver as you no longer had the mechanical backing, but then said you were again happy to vote for her when she got mixed up with our many zazes. This then turned into a feeling that you weren't willing to divulge. None of this was very convincing to me, I'm afraid. I knew Andy was just punting given he'd had it in for Silver since day one and was now thinking his behaviour fit that of a maf.

But I'm willing for this phase to be over with as soon as possible. Micky, Summer, I think we've had all the back and forth we need. Let's end this today.