You Win Or You Die - Game Of Thrones Mafia

Talk about anything and everything here.
Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Re: And maybe some other four letter words.

Post by Timotheus »

Inconquerable wrote:
Andy92 wrote:@Incon Well if Timo is the doctor that means Cam lied when he hinted to be the doctor. He could be a different townie role, but unless if he’s the Hound, how likely is that? This has mostly been hashed out in the thread.

If Micky really searched Timo and he was the doctor, he wouldn’t have been guilty.

If Timo is a townie, we have two liars in Cam and Micky. I guess it doesn’t make them both mafia automatically, but they’re definitely both lying in this scenario.

Makes the most sense that Micky is the cop and Cam is the doctor. So I’ll vote for Timo now.
Sorry I should have been clearer, I was asking Timo if he could get me on the same page with him thinking that Cam and Micky are both mafia. I appreciate the response though, and it's very much in line with what I'm thinking. My thought is still the same about Cam and Micky not being possible as partners based on the sequencing of the day one votes on you. It just didn't make any sense. If they are partners and they pulled that off... well. I don't know what to say besides kudos. =P
People make mistakes. Zaz accidentally outed himself, (I don't believe it was an accident, but from your pov). Andy accidentally made it public. Mafia make mistakes too. That's all I can say about that. I absolutely don't think it's that far-fetched that they're in a mafia team and that Micky made a mistake. He maybe indeed jokingly voted for Andy, without fully realising his partner voted for him a few posts earlier.

I'm sure that Micky is mafia, and I'm sure that zaz is lying about doctor. If we can't see eye to eye on that, because of a hunch in the beginning of the game, that's cool with me. I get it. But you'll see :D
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Micky
On The Rail

Re: And maybe some other four letter words.

Post by Micky »

Timotheus wrote:
Inconquerable wrote:
Andy92 wrote:@Incon Well if Timo is the doctor that means Cam lied when he hinted to be the doctor. He could be a different townie role, but unless if he’s the Hound, how likely is that? This has mostly been hashed out in the thread.

If Micky really searched Timo and he was the doctor, he wouldn’t have been guilty.

If Timo is a townie, we have two liars in Cam and Micky. I guess it doesn’t make them both mafia automatically, but they’re definitely both lying in this scenario.

Makes the most sense that Micky is the cop and Cam is the doctor. So I’ll vote for Timo now.
Sorry I should have been clearer, I was asking Timo if he could get me on the same page with him thinking that Cam and Micky are both mafia. I appreciate the response though, and it's very much in line with what I'm thinking. My thought is still the same about Cam and Micky not being possible as partners based on the sequencing of the day one votes on you. It just didn't make any sense. If they are partners and they pulled that off... well. I don't know what to say besides kudos. =P
People make mistakes. Zaz accidentally outed himself, (I don't believe it was an accident, but from your pov). Andy accidentally made it public. Mafia make mistakes too. That's all I can say about that. I absolutely don't think it's that far-fetched that they're in a mafia team and that Micky made a mistake. He maybe indeed jokingly voted for Andy, without fully realising his partner voted for him a few posts earlier.

I'm sure that Micky is mafia, and I'm sure that zaz is lying about doctor. If we can't see eye to eye on that, because of a hunch in the beginning of the game, that's cool with me. I get it. But you'll see :D
Sorry, I’m a cop without a partner. A lone wolf.

You’ll be exposed sooner or later as the mafia member you are.
Thanks Andy!

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Re: You Win Or You Die - Game Of Thrones Mafia

Post by Andy92 »

We need one more deadline vote for Timo or we’re stuck not eliminating anyone again and we’ll lose. Inc, you need to convince all of us to vote otherwise or join the cause lol
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: Appreciate it!

Post by Inconquerable »

@UBIK, ANDY, SUMMER, AND SILVER!

I know I've already asked Summer, but I'm putting her in here too for completionism purposes. Could you all please give us specifically ordered reads lists? Meaning group everybody into town/neutral/mafia (and subsets if you need them), and order each player within their groups? I'm working on something here and need reads from the four of you.

In case anybody's wondering, here are mine as of right now:

TOWN
Andy
Ubik

NEUTRAL
Cam
Micky
Silver

MAFIA
Summer
Timo

EDIT:
Andy92 wrote:We need one more deadline vote for Timo or we’re stuck not eliminating anyone again and we’ll lose. Inc, you need to convince all of us to vote otherwise or join the cause lol
I'm very likely voting Timo by the end of the day, I just want to get some work done in the mean time. Unless something really wild happens, I'm locked in.

zazisaspaz
On The Rail

Although we all know that Kevin is my #1

Post by zazisaspaz »

Well everyone knows that I think Cam is innocent and Timo is guilty. Other players are somewhere in between. I don’t want to give a ranked list because a) that could make me a target, b) one post can easily change my mind about a person, c) these rankings are already being used against people, and most importantly, d) it’s so early in the game! There’s a lot of analysis going on, but there is very little concrete evidence. I know that’s a part of the game, but if I tell you all my hunches and don’t have “good enough” evidence to back them up, then that can screw me over too. Go ahead and say it makes me look suspicious, but I’d rather not rank people right now. :)
(PS- I hope this didn’t come off as aggressive, it’s not meant to be at all!)

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

TOWN:
Micky

NEUTRAL
Everyone else

MAFIA:
Timo

That’s all I feel certain about. I think Micky told the truth which makes Timo mafia. Rest of you are posting sooooooo much that I have no idea anymore. (Or not posting at all, Silver?!?)

I guess I’m sort of suspicious of Incon being a mafia member causing chaos by post volume alone. Not to rag on you, I just wonder sometimes if it’s a tactic.

Ubik been kinda quiet lately so I’m not sure if he’s trying to protect Timo or not.

I don’t think Micky lied but until I find that out for certain, I have a lot of different suspicions. The only way to get past the Micky accusation is to vote out Timo and see what happens.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Just a few questions I want everybody to answer before we go into the night phase. And I want you all to read your answers again after it's been revealed that I'm innocent and that you've killed your doctor, lol.

1. What's more likely? A. Doctor claiming doctor on the first day. B. Mafia claiming doctor on the first day?
2. What's more likely? A. Micky investigating Andy, the guy that screwed everybody over. The guy that's given everybody, Micky included trust-issues. The guy he mentioned multiple times during the first day. B. Micky investigating me?
3. If you suspect some kind of townie-plan forming, what do you do? A. You try to support it. B. You bring it into the open?
4. If you're a cop and you find a mafia during the first night, what do you do? A. It's only the first night, and somebody else is getting more votes than I am. The guy I found out about is being kind of weird about the person who's being voted on. I keep it to myself and try to find a second mafia. B. After making a post which doesn't do well, I immediately claim cop.

And don't think of me, while your making these decisions. Somehow at one point everybody suspects me in any game :D just think what you would've been done in these situations.
I don’t think Micky lied but until I find that out for certain, I have a lot of different suspicions. The only way to get past the Micky accusation is to vote out Timo and see what happens.
Or to vote out Micky, and don't lose a doctor along the way, lol.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

It’s a risk either way. If we vote out Micky and he’s the cop, we lost a cop and you’re still around. Gotta choose one.

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: You nerds did math, this nerd does spreadsheets!

Post by Inconquerable »

zazisaspaz wrote:Well everyone knows that I think Cam is innocent and Timo is guilty. Other players are somewhere in between. I don’t want to give a ranked list because a) that could make me a target, b) one post can easily change my mind about a person, c) these rankings are already being used against people, and most importantly, d) it’s so early in the game! There’s a lot of analysis going on, but there is very little concrete evidence. I know that’s a part of the game, but if I tell you all my hunches and don’t have “good enough” evidence to back them up, then that can screw me over too. Go ahead and say it makes me look suspicious, but I’d rather not rank people right now. :)
(PS- I hope this didn’t come off as aggressive, it’s not meant to be at all!)
I mean... you could also ask why I'm asking for everybody to give reads too and find out what my intentions are behind it? I wasn't asking for a definitive "THIS IS THE MAFIA TEAM!!" right now, it is too early for that. I only have two mafia suspects myself. For clarity, I'm putting all of the reads together on a spreadsheet to find patterns. I was going to post it and get takes on it as well, which will be helpful for the town in day three if we get a mafia out today. If you'd rather not, that's ok too.
Andy92 wrote:TOWN:
Micky

NEUTRAL
Everyone else

MAFIA:
Timo

That’s all I feel certain about. I think Micky told the truth which makes Timo mafia. Rest of you are posting sooooooo much that I have no idea anymore. (Or not posting at all, Silver?!?)

I guess I’m sort of suspicious of Incon being a mafia member causing chaos by post volume alone. Not to rag on you, I just wonder sometimes if it’s a tactic.

Ubik been kinda quiet lately so I’m not sure if he’s trying to protect Timo or not.

So like myself, Ubik, and Silver at the bottom of the neutral list, with Cam and Summer near the top? I just don't want to misrepresent your thoughts here. If you'd rather not have me put them in that's ok.

@Timo I'll answer your questions after I've eaten.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Re: You nerds did math, this nerd does spreadsheets!

Post by Andy92 »

Inconquerable wrote:So like myself, Ubik, and Silver at the bottom of the neutral list, with Cam and Summer near the top? I just don't want to misrepresent your thoughts here. If you'd rather not have me put them in that's ok.
To be honest here Gladys, I think you’ve categorized my thought process more than I did. :lol

That’s fairly accurate though, yes. Now if Micky turns out to be mafia then that changes a lot, obviously lol.

I just see it as pretty clear cut this time, we either vote for Timo or Micky. One is telling the truth and the other is mafia. Timo already has 4 votes...I’m not sure of the likelihood that 5 people will swing to Micky over the next few hours. I’d just vote for Timo and move on with it personally.

Vote for Timo and we may lose. Vote for no one, and we will lose.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Andy92 wrote:TOWN:
Micky

NEUTRAL
Everyone else

MAFIA:
Timo

More that there's just no need to complicate things at this point. We have no cop counterclaim and Silver's the only one left, so it looks unlikely (unless it was Lotha but eeeeh, too complicated) and to be honest even if there was I don't think it matters now anyway. If Timo is town, zaz and Micky are almost certainly mafia and we go after them. If he's mafia, we get one of the mafia and build from there. I'll be voting for him before I head off to bed unless there is some kind of epic development (and it would have to be epic, Fortress level), but there's not much left to say that hasn't been said. I don't believe him, and I think he'd have laid out some better breadcrumbs to look back on if he'd really been the doc. We don't know their roles so we can't really predict the night, other than they most likely have a jailer, which could be Timo anyway. Like you say, this is a chance to not only get a mafia but confirm a townie, just have to get past it now.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I agree with Ubik. This way we either get Timo or know to target Cam and Micky both. It’s the simplest way to progress.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

This will be my last post before the night phase.

I agree you should just vote for me out at this point. It's better than no information.

But when I die, promise me to go after zaz and Micky. No faceless men bullshit. They're both guilty.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

Timotheus wrote:This will be my last post before the night phase.

I agree you should just vote for me out at this point. It's better than no information.

But when I die, promise me to go after zaz and Micky. No faceless men bullshit. They're both guilty.
Language Timo!
Thanks Andy!

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: Nobody likes spreadsheets. =(

Post by Inconquerable »

What's with men and finishing early?!

I'm waiting on confirmation for something from Dissident. I'll leave the reads spreadsheet until the next day phase, though I don't know that I'll make it based on the plan I have.

Which, @Cam I guess I might as well bring up now. I know you don't trust me, and this is far from foolproof. But if Timo comes up mafia, use your doctor protection on Micky. I promise it won't be a waste of time, even if they jail you. There are... many ways this can go wrong, but I've sent my night action in on you already so we can get another night of investigating out of Micky. One of us probably dies this way, but at least we can save the person we think is the cop.

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: Did I already use the "clarity" line from Coma? I did? Oh well.

Post by Inconquerable »

Inconquerable wrote:I can say this, I did not get an update from Dissident in my QT about any night actions used on me. Obviously this could mean that nobody used any on me (PLEASE DO NOT SAY IF YOU DID OR NOT). But hypothetically, if the cop investigated me last night, Dissident isn't going to tell me that. I would... imagine anyway?
The Dissident wrote:Yes someone who gets jailed would be told as much. All roles will recieve flavour text pertaining to what happened to them during the night phase. Although it may not be entirely clear as to what the exact effect on them is.
Timotheus wrote:
Inconquerable wrote:1. TIMO, who did you protect in night one and why? And could you do me a favour and take your reads from the last page and order them in their appropriate tiers? I knew you said it was basically in order, I just want to see it laid out plainly if possible.
I tried to save you. Because you took a really dominant position in the game, and feared the mafia would be afraid of this happening. I wasn't 100% sure you were a townie, but I was 100% sure you were at the moment the right person for the townies because of the way you were asking questions and smelling out people.
This is what I'm waiting to hear back from Dissident on by the way. Though going by his quote in the middle, I probably didn't need to ask him again.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

I’ll be here all night.

Post by Andy92 »

Lol Timo you got busted.

The Dissident
White Knuckled

Post by The Dissident »

Sorry should have been more clear, you won't be told if you're investigated but if someone does something like roleblock, jail, poison you will be notified in some sense.

Also heading out for the night. I will try to make it so the night phase still ends on time. So if people want to send in their night actions ahead of time thats fine. Day actions won't be accepted after 10pm my time regardless of if I get online to end the phase or not.

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: Inconquerable also asks too many questions.

Post by Inconquerable »

Does doctoring fall into that "something like" category?

The Dissident
White Knuckled

Post by The Dissident »

Doctoring will only notify the player protected if they would have been killed.