You Win Or You Die - Game Of Thrones Mafia

Talk about anything and everything here.
Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: My head is spinning.

Post by Inconquerable »

Micky wrote:I don’t know if I’m going to get to post much more before the deadline so I’m just going to have to throw a vote out there

Deadline Vote:Andy92

He ruined my trust with him
If your only reason for voting for Andy because you don't trust him based on prior games? Or are you on Cam's side of this whole doctor thing? Or both? Neither?

Also @Gus you're not stupid. Please don't think that way about yourself. =)

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Re: You Win Or You Die - Game Of Thrones Mafia

Post by Andy92 »

Micky’s probably just sour about last game lol. I wouldn’t completely eliminate the chance that him and Cameron are in on something together, but he’s been upset with me for a while. :lol

Also, I’m just gonna toss this out there. With timed day phases, mafia members don’t really have an urgency to put themselves out on a line to make votes. They can pick people off in night phases and win that way. In past games, you eventually had to make a vote for someone. Don’t completely discredit people as mafia simply because they aren’t voting. It’s a good strategy when day phases are timed.

The only major way for us to eliminate mafia are through day phases. I guess I don’t mind not taking a shot at a specific person on Day 1, but it can’t happen again on Day 2 or we’ll start getting to the point where we’re just waiting to die in the night phases.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: Fmwdiwndiwdn.

Post by Inconquerable »

Andy92 wrote:Micky’s probably just sour about last game lol. I wouldn’t completely eliminate the chance that him and Cameron are in on something together, but he’s been upset with me for a while. :lol
Yeah, I think it could be automatic Andy suspicion too. Problem is, he was already my top suspect, and you've been pretty townie feeling to me so far, so it's kind of just making me think yeah it's Micky and he jumped onto the vote because "hey why not get rid of the guy everybody always suspects anyway?"

The OTHER problem is... I'm ruling out a Cam/Micky team more and more by the second. Like there's no way mafia Cam drops the vote on you that doesn't pick up steam among the other players, and mafia Micky is like "yeah I'll drop this vote here too and I'm not going to be around to change it so here it is." Like it makes them both look bad right? I feel like Cam would be telling him to not vote for you yet? Unless this is EXACTLY what happened, and Cam is blowing up at Micky in their QT/by text. In which case, I really want to see those messages. =P

But it's also super early to be talking about teams, we don't even have one person eliminated yet. So no vote feels like the right answer. The thing is, is Micky even going to be back in time to change his vote? Or would he even do that?

EDIT: Just saw your edited in portion, good advice!

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Oh yeah, I wouldn’t conclude Cam/Micky mafia team after all that. I mean...lemon cakes...

Micky
On The Rail

Re: Fmwdiwndiwdn.

Post by Micky »

Inconquerable wrote:
Andy92 wrote:Micky’s probably just sour about last game lol. I wouldn’t completely eliminate the chance that him and Cameron are in on something together, but he’s been upset with me for a while. :lol
Yeah, I think it could be automatic Andy suspicion too. Problem is, he was already my top suspect, and you've been pretty townie feeling to me so far, so it's kind of just making me think yeah it's Micky and he jumped onto the vote because "hey why not get rid of the guy everybody always suspects anyway?"

The OTHER problem is... I'm ruling out a Cam/Micky team more and more by the second. Like there's no way mafia Cam drops the vote on you that doesn't pick up steam among the other players, and mafia Micky is like "yeah I'll drop this vote here too and I'm not going to be around to change it so here it is." Like it makes them both look bad right? I feel like Cam would be telling him to not vote for you yet? Unless this is EXACTLY what happened, and Cam is blowing up at Micky in their QT/by text. In which case, I really want to see those messages. =P

But it's also super early to be talking about teams, we don't even have one person eliminated yet. So no vote feels like the right answer. The thing is, is Micky even going to be back in time to change his vote? Or would he even do that?

EDIT: Just saw your edited in portion, good advice!

Hi

I have 2 minutes

I voted for Andy strictly based off last game. Seriously, that’s my reason.

I didn’t even see anyone else voted for Andy because I haven’t had time to actually read every page, but I can see how it would look bad.

I don’t trust Cam either tbh, but I told Andy after last game that I was voting for him first and I’m sticking to my word.

Sorry for my lack of presence but I am swamped at work. I’ll send a pic of my time card if anyone doesn’t believe me
Thanks Andy!

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: Still love you as always!

Post by Inconquerable »

Micky wrote:Hi

I have 2 minutes

I voted for Andy strictly based off last game. Seriously, that’s my reason.

I didn’t even see anyone else voted for Andy because I haven’t had time to actually read every page, but I can see how it would look bad.

I don’t trust Cam either tbh, but I told Andy after last game that I was voting for him first and I’m sticking to my word.

Sorry for my lack of presence but I am swamped at work. I’ll send a pic of my time card if anyone doesn’t believe me
Ok, well I guess that's that then. Any chance you would consider un-voting so we can not send in a kill today so we don't potentially vote out a townie? If it helps at all, I don't see anything suspicious about Andy's posting yet, and a few others have said the same thing. I would prefer to go the no vote route today, but unfortunately my vote kind of stays on you at the minute if everybody doesn't un-vote in time for us to not kill today.

And hahah no need, I do believe that you're swamped with work. That comes first of course. =)

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: So about that birthday party....

Post by zazthespaz »

Inconquerable wrote:To be fair, as soon as you mentioned leaving an Easter egg, I went through all of your posts to try to find it. I know nothing about Game of Thrones so obviously wasn't going to, but if you drop something like that, people are going to go on the hunt
That was my intention! I like sending people on treasure hunts! Especially when not everyone is going to find the answer! Guess that's the game moderator in me coming out...
Inconquerable wrote:Also @Gus you're not stupid. Please don't think that way about yourself. =)
Awww thanks Gladys! I'm just bad at mafia I guess :lol
Inconquerable wrote:The OTHER problem is... I'm ruling out a Cam/Micky team more and more by the second. Like there's no way mafia Cam drops the vote on you that doesn't pick up steam among the other players, and mafia Micky is like "yeah I'll drop this vote here too and I'm not going to be around to change it so here it is." Like it makes them both look bad right? I feel like Cam would be telling him to not vote for you yet? Unless this is EXACTLY what happened, and Cam is blowing up at Micky in their QT/by text. In which case, I really want to see those messages. =P
I'm on the dissenting side of Micky and I being on a (mafia) team, but I can see all situations happening. So:

I am willing to switch my vote to Micky. I'm still more suspicious of Andy, especially since now he's coming up with alternative "smarter" plays for mafia, but Micky's timing was suspicious. He's played this game enough to know that every post get analyzed and posting without reading what came before your post is a bad idea, especially when a no vote is an option. Thoughts?

Edit: Gladys sliding in with the good cop strategy makin me look bad...
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Doesn’t it take 5 votes to kill someone? We’re all safe if no one does anything else tonight. :lol

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Hang on, for day 1 this is very fast paced and action packed so I may be missing something very obvious, but I thought 5 votes are needed for a day-kill? As in, for one player? Or is the rule that only 5 votes are needed in TOTAL, and the highest number gets voted out?

EDIT - I see Andy's got the same thought, glad I'm not going totally strange.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Ubik wrote:Hang on, for day 1 this is very fast paced and action packed so I may be missing something very obvious, but I thought 5 votes are needed for a day-kill? As in, for one player? Or is the rule that only 5 votes are needed in TOTAL, and the highest number gets voted out?
I thought it was 5 votes for one person. If not then I’m screwed. :lol

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Andy92 wrote:
Ubik wrote:Hang on, for day 1 this is very fast paced and action packed so I may be missing something very obvious, but I thought 5 votes are needed for a day-kill? As in, for one player? Or is the rule that only 5 votes are needed in TOTAL, and the highest number gets voted out?
I thought it was 5 votes for one person. If not then I’m screwed. :lol
At the same time no, it would basically just mean someone had to vote for Micky to even it back up, just feel like it changes things a lot if someone can go based on such a paltry number of votes. Timo clearly thought the same as us because he's signed off without voting.

The Dissident
White Knuckled

Post by The Dissident »

A majority vote is required on a single player for someone to be eliminated. 5 is a majority vote. Andy has 2 votes on him, he requires 3 more to be eliminated.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

The Dissident wrote:A majority vote is required on a single player for someone to be eliminated. 5 is a majority vote. Andy has 2 votes on him, he requires 3 more to be eliminated.
Whew, thanks. :D

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

I will switch to a no vote

DEADLINE VOTE: NO VOTE
Thanks Andy!

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: Head is less spinny.

Post by Inconquerable »

Ok I think the confusion was my bad. I was under the impression (and looking back I don't know where I got this from) that everybody not voting would lead to no kill, and that if there were votes it wasn't an option? Writing this out now... this thought process makes no sense. But Micky being cooperative does make me feel a little bit better about him, so I appreciate that. This phase ends tonight, the next one starts at 10:00PST Sunday night, so hopefully the next day he'll be able to contribute more and maybe I can clear him. I will un-vote for him for today, and we can pick this up in the next day phase.

UNVOTE: MICKY!

I would like to hear some thoughts on this whole doctor thing from people outside of the three involved (Micky, Cam, and Andy). I've got a bunch of different "what if" scenarios written out right now and I kind of want to see if anybody else has any similar thoughts on what happened here.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

I found myself getting into logic circles when I thought about it so am really just waiting to see what happens overnight, but my main instincts are: I can't see why zaz would've drawn so much attention to himself and the (perceived) claim as mafia, and I can't see why Andy would've pointed it out if he was mafia. Maybe for chaos, maybe for double bluffs, but still feels unlikely to me on both counts. They're both smart players though who I tend to have a hard time reading unless Andy gets his calculator out.

Also, I’m just gonna toss this out there. With timed day phases, mafia members don’t really have an urgency to put themselves out on a line to make votes. They can pick people off in night phases and win that way. In past games, you eventually had to make a vote for someone. Don’t completely discredit people as mafia simply because they aren’t voting. It’s a good strategy when day phases are timed.

The only major way for us to eliminate mafia are through day phases. I guess I don’t mind not taking a shot at a specific person on Day 1, but it can’t happen again on Day 2 or we’ll start getting to the point where we’re just waiting to die in the night phases.
As we've now had the rules confirmed - this seems inarguable. Day 1 is its own thing because there's no info, but everyone should be voting on day 2 even if it's not required.

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: Now back to Gary Clark Jr.

Post by Inconquerable »

Ubik wrote:I found myself getting into logic circles when I thought about it so am really just waiting to see what happens overnight, but my main instincts are: I can't see why zaz would've drawn so much attention to himself and the (perceived) claim as mafia, and I can't see why Andy would've pointed it out if he was mafia. Maybe for chaos, maybe for double bluffs, but still feels unlikely to me on both counts. They're both smart players though who I tend to have a hard time reading unless Andy gets his calculator out.
Ok, I was going to dive into this a bit more but like you I kind of just want to see what happens in the night phase. I tend to agree with your points though.

I would like to know if you have any reads you'd feel comfortable sharing right now though. Good or bad. You may have gone to bed by now though so no worries if you don't respond before the day is over.

That said if anybody is around and wants to talk, I'll be here!

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: Brain isn't coming up with subjects. Failed me again.

Post by Inconquerable »

Sorry I meant to respond to this before but I forgot.
zazthespaz wrote:
Inconquerable wrote:Also @Gus you're not stupid. Please don't think that way about yourself. =)
Awww thanks Gladys! I'm just bad at mafia I guess :lol
Your self-deprecation doesn't work with me!!
zazthespaz wrote:
Inconquerable wrote:The OTHER problem is... I'm ruling out a Cam/Micky team more and more by the second. Like there's no way mafia Cam drops the vote on you that doesn't pick up steam among the other players, and mafia Micky is like "yeah I'll drop this vote here too and I'm not going to be around to change it so here it is." Like it makes them both look bad right? I feel like Cam would be telling him to not vote for you yet? Unless this is EXACTLY what happened, and Cam is blowing up at Micky in their QT/by text. In which case, I really want to see those messages. =P
I'm on the dissenting side of Micky and I being on a (mafia) team, but I can see all situations happening. So:

I am willing to switch my vote to Micky. I'm still more suspicious of Andy, especially since now he's coming up with alternative "smarter" plays for mafia, but Micky's timing was suspicious. He's played this game enough to know that every post get analyzed and posting without reading what came before your post is a bad idea, especially when a no vote is an option. Thoughts?

Edit: Gladys sliding in with the good cop strategy makin me look bad...
I'll need some convincing on Andy at some point, because he's been pretty solidly town throughout this game for me and isn't even really close to my process of elimination list right now. I appreciate your willingness to switch to Micky though. I think sticking with the no vote is probably the way to go today and let's see what happens.

I'll ask you the same question I asked Ubik though, do you have any reads (besides Andy and Micky) that you'd be comfortable sharing? Are you feeling good vibes from anybody at this stage?

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Re: Can't wait til tomorrow

Post by Ubik »

Inconquerable wrote:
Ubik wrote:I found myself getting into logic circles when I thought about it so am really just waiting to see what happens overnight, but my main instincts are: I can't see why zaz would've drawn so much attention to himself and the (perceived) claim as mafia, and I can't see why Andy would've pointed it out if he was mafia. Maybe for chaos, maybe for double bluffs, but still feels unlikely to me on both counts. They're both smart players though who I tend to have a hard time reading unless Andy gets his calculator out.
Ok, I was going to dive into this a bit more but like you I kind of just want to see what happens in the night phase. I tend to agree with your points though.

I would like to know if you have any reads you'd feel comfortable sharing right now though. Good or bad. You may have gone to bed by now though so no worries if you don't respond before the day is over.

That said if anybody is around and wants to talk, I'll be here!
I'm gonna risk going in your bad books again here because I don't have much new, but I just find day 1 very foggy at the best of times.

All that's really changed for me is the Dr Zaz episode, which has trended both of them towards town in my head. Like I said, instinctively I don't see either one's action as being a smart mafia move (Andy's especially, for a hint so random) whereas I can imagine why they'd each act like that as townies (the logic circles come when I think "well that's what they'd expect us to think..." etc etc, but like I said, my instinct goes the other way). I wouldn't vote either out if we had to choose someone today. Lotha either. With Summer I've been thinking more and more about that Purgatory game so I've re-evaluated a little, but she'd still be nearer the top than bottom. But everything is still wishy-washy and I really want some events before I begin to set down anything major.

zazisaspaz
On The Rail

Post by zazisaspaz »

Hello!
I 100% believe Cameron. We know from past games that he loves dropping subtle hints at who his character is. I’m the one that originally questioned his whole dessert talk in the first place which is what got the ball rolling. I was thinking there might have been a gluttonous character and definitely did not think it would ever out someone as vital as Sansa. Whoopsie, my b! No one would be silly enough to falsely claim one of the few guaranteed roles this early in the game. Especially not Cam, he tends to play a safe game.
It’s unclear if mafia will go after him tonight, but we do know that this role is pretty important to the townie cause so we might want to try to keep him around a little longer.

Ubik’s response to Incon sounded extremely sincere and at this plint I feel he is a townie.

Micky seems to have a ton on his plate now so he will continue to be hard to read.

I’m not going to vote for anyone today, but at this moment Timo is high on my suspect list. <cue my demise>