You Win Or You Die - Game Of Thrones Mafia

Talk about anything and everything here.
Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Re: You Win Or You Die - Game Of Thrones Mafia

Post by Andy92 »

Lotha wrote:Psst, guys. Pssst! Andy is mafia.
Oh did I find one of your partners? :headscratch
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

Ohhh is that how you wanna play this? Okay. ^_^ Don't forget I did spend DAYS in a team with you. I know how you think!
Photobucket is responsible for my lack of signature today.

TABN Discord: https://discord.gg/sGXRGZ

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: I have told Ubik I talk too much...

Post by Inconquerable »

Timotheus wrote:
Inconquerable wrote:
Timotheus wrote:The only thing I've really noticed so far I'd that Incon's playing a super open first round. Everybody else is textbook themselves, lol.
Does this make you feel one way or the other about my alignment, mafia or town?
I agree with your reasoning. But last game I played I thought Summer and zaz were townies early in the game, because they were saying the right thing and their thoughts aligned with my thoughts. They ended up being mafia, and it gave me such a tunnel vision for 3/4th of the game that it almost broke me, so I'm a bit more reluctant this time :D
Understood! If you need anything cleared up let me know. Can I ask what specifically you're agreeing with in what I've posted? It might help me get a more solid read on you and maybe we can work together to get some solid takes.
Micky wrote:My answer was pretty “tame” because I had just gotten off working an 11 hour day and was exhausted lol

I’ll be more actively involved after the weekend (if I’m still alive) because I work 11 hour days Fri-Sun

EDIT: Inconq I never saw your question, I apologize. Here’s my answer: a mass role claim is giving me PTSD from last game. I couldn’t handle it :lol
Totally sympathetic to being exhausted from work. My take on you is not super strong, it's pretty much based on tone. In looking at your posts from other games, you're much more... vibrant? I don't know if that's the right word, but you seem calmer than usual. Could be a tired thing, could be that you're working with people who told you to not post as emotionally. It's hard to tell right now, but it's the best thought I have right now. Like even this post doesn't have the same feel as posts from games where you've come up as a townie. I'd like to keep you around to see if I can get a better sense of you, but I haven't gotten a more solid suspicious read on anybody else yet.
Ubik wrote:
Inconquerable wrote:
Ubik wrote:Day 1 is tough though and I naturally tend to suspect those that are less active, which isn't ideal.
So of the less active, who would you consider voting for?
So the main ones that had been inactive up to that point were Micky and Silver. But Micky is busy and Silver is new to the board, though as we saw in the last game that doesn't prevent her using this to her advantage. When I asked you whether it was a hunch on Micky earlier it was partly based on that, partly because his only post had been about being confused, which immediately reminded me of the Witcher game, and I'd wondered if that's what you'd noticed as you had a solid read on him that whole game. But I also had the same feeling during Purgatory, which was a misread.

Andy is chaos itself but has mainly been posting fluff so far, which at least means he's not scheming yet.
Ah gotcha. So I skimmed Micky's posts in that game quickly yesterday to see if I was making sense, and it's not the exact same feeling I had then, but it's similar. I don't think I started noticing Micky until later (we also didn't have a deadline to deal with) in day one or early day two, so it's hard to compare directly. Basically when I voted for him, I wanted him to post "OH MY GOD INC WHY DO YOU HATE ME?!" so I could say he's playing like he usually does as a townie. He didn't do that, so now I'm here.

I've cleared Andy for now. Comparing his day one posts across games, he feels like townie Andy to me right now. Definitely won't be voting for him on day one as I've said. I went through a whole should I/shouldn't I argument with myself last night, landed safely on shouldn't.

For transparency's sake, I've moved Ubik down my list quite a bit. I realized that I was putting him in my townie group based on a couple of very small things. His post about wanting to go for the less active players tilted me the wrong way, I feel like that's an easy route to take for mafia. And when he answered my posts about town vibes, he didn't really add anything of his own to it? Like he only talked about the two people (besides himself) that I had listed. It's either we're super agreeing already, or he doesn't want to draw too much attention to himself by adding other names he feels good about. I feel badly about moving him down so much on that one post, but in day one things are rockier than they are in later phases.

So we have a little over 13 hours before the deadline. According to Dissident, we can just not reach a decision and not kill anybody today. With nine players, this could be the right way to go, let mafia make that first move and we can analyze who they kill over night and we don't lose two players right off the bat. Or we can make a decision of our own today.

Lotha as the only other person to vote, what are you thinking? Did you get what you wanted out of your vote for Summer?
Last edited by Inconquerable on Sat Jun 27, 2020 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

You know how it goes, allegiances last as long as they’re necessary. :D

I won’t vote for you currently, though. But with lack of a better lead and what happened last time, I’m gonna kick things off this way.

DEADLINE VOTE: SILVER

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: Not voting your way anyway!

Post by Inconquerable »

Andy92 wrote:Now I feel kinda bad for “openly mocking” Incon’s post. :lol
Hahah don't feel badly! Openly mocking was probably weird wording, don't mind me! =P

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: God so much meta.

Post by Inconquerable »

Andy92 wrote:You know how it goes, allegiances last as long as they’re necessary. :D

I won’t vote for you currently, though. But with lack of a better lead and what happened last time, I’m gonna kick things off this way.

DEADLINE VOTE: SILVER
I have to say, I like this from Andy. As mafia he doesn't initiate new votes like this. Hopefully we hear more from Silver at some point because I don't know what to think of her yet.

The Dissident
White Knuckled

Post by The Dissident »

Lotha wrote:I have a question about QT's btw - they are for our night actions but what about other notes? Is it sort of like a Last Will thing, too? Can we write theories and stuff in there?
Yup! Post all you want in them. Use them as you will. I will be posting everyones QTs at the end of the game for everyone's reading pleasure should they wish to read them :)

Also 13 hours remains in day 1.

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

Lotha as the only other person to vote, what are you thinking? Did you get what you wanted out of your vote for Summer?
Other than some defensiveness, not really lol. But I also wasn't trying to start a bandwagon, just was unclear on how long the day phase lasted (which isn't your fault Dissident btw, it just takes me some time to get into the groove of things) and whether or not we were required to vote.

But I'm keeping it for now, since I don't think we'll be voting anyone out on Day 1 anyway. Pretty sure that historically whenever it was allowed by the rules, we'd have a no lynch day 1.
Andy92 wrote:You know how it goes, allegiances last as long as they’re necessary. :D
I do know how it goes but I must say that sounds like a very Lannister-like way of thinking. *sips wine*

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Nobody else drinks wine in this series right?

Post by zazthespaz »

Lotha wrote:I do know how it goes but I must say that sounds like a very Lannister-like way of thinking. *sips wine*
Aww man. Lotha's Tyrion!? I was really hoping for Andy!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

zazisaspaz
On The Rail

Everyone gets a friendship bracelet!

Post by zazisaspaz »

Are we all falling in love with Incon, or is it just me? Wow she’s so fun to have in these games and I just love it! She could still totally be trying to manipulate us all, but at this point, I’m here for it. Do your thang, girl! <inner thoughts say, if she is a townie, mafia may try to frame her so be extra wary>

Something I keep thinking of is Cameron’s topic of desserts. Was this meant to be a hint of a character? He seems to be taking a back seat in this game and I’m not yet sure why.

At this moment, I really don’t feel ready to vote for anybody.

zazisaspaz
On The Rail

Re: Nobody else drinks wine in this series right?

Post by zazisaspaz »

zazthespaz wrote:
Lotha wrote:I do know how it goes but I must say that sounds like a very Lannister-like way of thinking. *sips wine*
Aww man. Lotha's Tyrion!? I was really hoping for Andy!
Cersei does, but that’d be silly for anyone to hint at being her.

Also :wave I just wrote about you being quiet hahaha

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

*sips Starbucks*

I am Dany.

Lotha
Colloquial

For the record, my legs are way longer than Tyrion's.

Post by Lotha »

zazisaspaz wrote: Something I keep thinking of is Cameron’s topic of desserts. Was this meant to be a hint of a character? He seems to be taking a back seat in this game and I’m not yet sure why.
If it is, I could see it fitting Samwell Tarly or maybe Arya, but it's a bit flimsy if it is really a hint.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: bloopers are canon now?

Post by zazthespaz »

zazisaspaz wrote:Something I keep thinking of is Cameron’s topic of desserts. Was this meant to be a hint of a character? He seems to be taking a back seat in this game and I’m not yet sure why.
That was one of her opening posts in the mafia championships so I was referencing that. And for the record, I like lemon cakes.
Andy92 wrote:*sips Starbucks*

I am Dany.
:lol :lol
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Re: I have told Ubik I talk too much...

Post by Timotheus »

Inconquerable wrote:
Timotheus wrote:
Inconquerable wrote:
Timotheus wrote:The only thing I've really noticed so far I'd that Incon's playing a super open first round. Everybody else is textbook themselves, lol.
Does this make you feel one way or the other about my alignment, mafia or town?
I agree with your reasoning. But last game I played I thought Summer and zaz were townies early in the game, because they were saying the right thing and their thoughts aligned with my thoughts. They ended up being mafia, and it gave me such a tunnel vision for 3/4th of the game that it almost broke me, so I'm a bit more reluctant this time :D
Understood! If you need anything cleared up let me know. Can I ask what specifically you're agreeing with in what I've posted? It might help me get a more solid read on you and maybe we can work together to get some solid takes.
Well, there've been some updates. I agree with you on Andy. He's less suspicious than usual. Though last time I thought he was suspicious, and he was a townie, so there's that :lol I think his vote against Silver makes sense, at least.

Summer, Ubik and Lotha are textbook townies to me. All rather logical and thinking in the interest of the townies. You as well, Incon.

The rest, I'm not sure of yet. I never know how to read Micky in this game. Haven't played with Silver yet, but she won last game, so I'm not going to underestimate her. Then there's zaz... He's somewhere in the middle for me. No reason to distrust him yet, but he's kind of saying nothing at the same time.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: But if it pays off - woo!

Post by zazthespaz »

Timotheus wrote:Then there's zaz... He's somewhere in the middle for me. No reason to distrust him yet, but he's kind of saying nothing at the same time.
I know, I don't know what to say though. Nobody is saying anything significant for me to work off of (that I remember). I've dropped a pretty good Easter egg though which may or may not be a good idea to point out...
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Re: But if it pays off - woo!

Post by Andy92 »

zazthespaz wrote:
Timotheus wrote:Then there's zaz... He's somewhere in the middle for me. No reason to distrust him yet, but he's kind of saying nothing at the same time.
I know, I don't know what to say though. Nobody is saying anything significant for me to work off of (that I remember). I've dropped a pretty good Easter egg though which may or may not be a good idea to point out...
I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt and not advertise you are claiming to be the doctor, but since you’re doubling down on it. :lol

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Andy likes to reveal the ending to every movie in movie theaters.

Post by zazthespaz »

Andy92 wrote:
zazthespaz wrote:
I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt and not advertise you are claiming to be the doctor, but since you’re doubling down on it. :lol
I've doubled down on nothing! If people find my Easter Egg and make a judgment on it - that's on them!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Silver
Brand New Start

Post by Silver »

I see you, Andy, I see you. ;)

I'm not sure I trust Inc or Lotha (or Summer, but less so) at this stage. They seem to be the "big" players for this game and it's super easy for a mafia to sneak up and gain everyone's trust as a towncore thing. I don't love it and I'll be keeping a super close eye on them for now.

Lotha
Colloquial

Ugh why do you make me work for it

Post by Lotha »

So zaz is supposedly hinting he's Sansa? Where's this Easter Egg I must see it.