PURGATORY MAFIA - GURTHIE7 vs. NAHAA GAME OVER! SEE PG 35!

Talk about anything and everything here.
Inconquerable
Rise Today

PURGATORY MAFIA - GURTHIE7 vs. NAHAA GAME OVER! SEE PG 35!

Post by Inconquerable »

PURGATORY MAFIA - GURTHIE vs. NAHAA

The Alter Bridge Nation has always been host to some colourful characters. CAPS LOCK SHEA and the MILF-loving Decay (who is not interested in this game at all) spring to mind. But perhaps no other members in the history of TABN had quite the effect on the forums that Gurthie and Nahaa did. They were two members who came and went quicker than a hiccup, but they left an indelible mark on each and every person they graced with their presence.

Gurthie initially began his tenure by attempting to post a video to save the world with his cover of Rise Today. For some reason, after numerous unforeseeable obstacles that got in his way, we got a murder video from hell of Gurthie playing Wicked Stone while filming himself posting on the boards. Unfortunately our saviour took a turn for the worst and started to use language unbecoming of the deity we all knew him to be, and he was banned. Twice. All of this and we never even got the Rise Today cover that would save our sad, sad lives. SRS?

Nahaa was a different story. Nobody understood what this poster was going on about, but quickly they became infamous through the use of bracketed insults. If you said literally anything to them positive or negative, you were called a (nonsense idiot), told you had a (fertile brain), or (“piss of your neighbour”). It’s still unclear if they were calling you the piss of your neighbour, or if you had pissed off your neighbour. What was clear was when this poster was finished conversing with you, because the posts ended with a resounding (FINISHED).

Gurthie and Nahaa both had specific goals in mind, and while one tried to enlighten us with their father’s father’s grandfather’s name philosophy, the other wanted to save us but ultimately went dark. The aftermath of these events left us in a state of flux, somewhere in between heaven and hell. This place is called purgatory. And now it is our job to decide whether we follow Nahaa to heaven, or follow Gurthie to hell.

—————————————————————————

GAMEPLAY

Instead of days and nights, there are heaven phases and hell phases. During these phases, players will vote to send another player to either heaven or hell. The game will begin with a hell phase, and then will alternate between the two. The goal is for the townies to send the majority of the mafia to hell, and the goal for mafia is to get the majority of themselves to heaven.

When a player is sent to heaven, they then become a martyr. When 50% of the living players are mafia members (3 vs. 3), a Judgment Day occurs. During Judgment Day, living players no longer vote, instead the martyrs vote to send a living player to hell. If the chosen player is a townie, mafia wins. If the chosen player is mafia, the game resumes as usual with a hell phase and the mafia member is eliminated. Martyr votes will be done in public, and living players cannot participate until Judgment Day is complete.

In the event of a 1 vs. 1 tie, we will have one last Judgment Day, in which the martyrs will decide who will win.

MINIMUM POST COUNT REQUIREMENT

New to our games is the minimum post count requirement. This applies to all living players, town and mafia-aligned alike (except for martyrs). Every player must post at least three times during each phase. This requirement might become a little more relaxed as the game goes on, or should a situation arise where more discussion is not necessary.

Should a player not post three times during a phase, they will lose the ability to vote in the next phase. I will not move a phase on without hearing from everybody whether a majority of votes has been achieved or not.

IMPORTANT: “Vote: Player” will not count towards your post count unless an explanation has been given for your vote.

This is not an attempt to alter anybody’s strategy, this is an attempt to make sure that everybody actively participates in the game. This game does not have night actions to give hints, voting will be based on how people are posting and reacting to others’ posts. The more people post, the more clues you will have to justify your votes.

ROLES

This one is simple: townies are townies, mafia are mafia. There are no special roles, there are no kills, this game is purely decided on votes and who goes to heaven or hell. That said, there are four players who have been handpicked who have additional requirements placed upon them.

Drunk: This player has been burdened with the unenviable task of posting in gibberish. The alignment of this player is unknown to active players. They can choose to create a pattern/code for their gibberish so pay close attention to what they’re (trying) to say. Votes will be cast in plain text (i.e. not gibberish). For a limited time, if the drunk goes to heaven or hell, the role will be transferred to somebody else.

Millionaire: Allows one player a game-related post (“last will”) in the thread after being sent to heaven or hell that can include theories they have as to who is mafia, etc.

Modposter: Allows one player the ability to send the host a PM with content that will be posted anonymously in the game thread after each heaven phase. No restrictions. This will not count towards this poster’s post count minimum requirement.

Journalist: The first martyr will be tasked with writing a news story summarizing the events of the previous hell phase. No restrictions.

WIN CONDITIONS

Townies win when a majority (2/3) of mafia members are sent to hell.

Mafia wins when a majority (2/3) of mafia members are sent to heaven. Mafia also wins if the martyrs choose a townie to go to hell in a Judgment Day phase.

OTHER NOTES

Role revealing is not allowed inside of the game thread. In an attempt to keep the martyrs’ identities a secret, roles will not be revealed when a player is sent to heaven. If a player is sent to hell, their role will be revealed because they are no longer part of the game.

After two cycles of hell and heaven phases, the host will reveal how many players of each team are in which location. The roles of specific players will not be revealed, but players will know if any mafia have gone to heaven at that point. This will repeat after each additional two cycles.

No votes do not exist in purgatory, a majority decision must be made during each phase.

Martyrs may not discuss who they plan on voting for with other martyrs until Judgment Day begins. When Judgment Day begins, the martyrs will have the game thread to themselves to discuss who to send to heaven.

If townies want to form an alliance privately to try to get a majority of votes, that is allowed, but be careful who you approach, you could be aligning yourself with a lying mafia member.

IMPORTANT: You may not take a screenshot of the PM that I send you with your role in it to show other players in any form. This includes if you are forming an alliance with somebody. You may not screenshot your role to prove which side you are on.

ALSO IMPORTANT: please bold and colour your votes!

LINKS FOR YOUR REFERENCE AND ENTERTAINMENT

Click here to re-familiarize yourself with the rise and fall of our failed saviour, Gurthie7 (zaz srs bro?).

Click here to relive Nahaa’s brilliance (rascal fraud).

Original Purgatory setup as per the Mafia Wiki.

GURTHIERS/NAHAAIANS
AB4Lyfe (Mafia)
SHEAKENBAKEN (Martyr)
Andy92 (Townie, Millionaire)
MaraCarr (Martyr)
zazthespaz (Mafia)
Timotheus (Townie)
Micky and his dog (Townie, Modposter)
zazisaspaz (Mafia, Martyr, Journalist)
Lotha (Martyr)
anguyen92
Ubik
Last edited by Inconquerable on Tue May 05, 2020 5:14 pm, edited 27 times in total.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Re: PURGATORY MAFIA - GURTHIE7 vs. NAHAA (SIGN UP PLS DO IT QUICKLY)

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Ok, fine.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

/Maybe

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

You had me at Gurthie

/signmeup
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

Sign me up.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: (finished)

Post by zazthespaz »

/signmeup (do it now)
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

You had me at purgatory.
/signmeup
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

/signmeandmydogup
Thanks Andy!

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: Free puppies!!! Sign up for cuteness!

Post by Inconquerable »

Looking for two more people minimum, but as always the more the merrier!!

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: Free puppies!!! Sign up for cuteness!

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Inconquerable wrote:Looking for two more people minimum, but as always the more the merrier!!
You're offering free puppies to get people to sign up now? Did you steal AB4Lyfes new puppy?! :eek :fingerwag :lol

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: Free cute!! Sign up for puppies!!!

Post by Inconquerable »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
Inconquerable wrote:Looking for two more people minimum, but as always the more the merrier!!
You're offering free puppies to get people to sign up now? Did you steal AB4Lyfes new puppy?! :eek :fingerwag :lol
Sssh you're blowing my cover!!!

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Inconquerable wrote:
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
:P I'm just exposing you for the puppy snatcher you are!! :fingerwag :eek

zazisaspaz
On The Rail

Post by zazisaspaz »

I’ll play as long as we can keep an odd number. (If not, I’ll sit this one out. I still have to finish the Gurthie thread and haven’t even started the other one :lol)

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Inconquerable wrote:
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
I swear to fuck if Nala isn’t downstairs right now...

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: FREE KITTENS! SIGN UP FOR KITTENS!

Post by Inconquerable »

Great well now that the jig is up, I have to start stealing cats. Good thing I love cats.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: even if he isn't as orange as we thought!

Post by zazthespaz »

Inconquerable wrote:Great well now that the jig is up, I have to start stealing cats. Good thing I love cats.
I swear that if you sell Garfield, you can count yourself good as banned.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: Free hamsters then whatever!!

Post by Inconquerable »

Garfield is safe, I just steal other peoples' cats and give them away.

WAIT EVERYBODY STOP MAKING ME IMPLICATE MYSELF!

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

We have 5 cats, 3 dogs, 20 chickens and 2 goats. I am willing to give some away to a good home! :D

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Why do you live on "Gladys Farm"?

Post by zazthespaz »

MaraCarr wrote:We have 5 cats, 3 dogs, 20 chickens and 2 goats. I am willing to give some away to a good home! :D
Did you have that many before Inconquerable recruited you for mafia? :shifty
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Why do you live on "Gladys Farm"?

Post by MaraCarr »

zazthespaz wrote:
MaraCarr wrote:We have 5 cats, 3 dogs, 20 chickens and 2 goats. I am willing to give some away to a good home! :D
Did you have that many before Inconquerable recruited you for mafia? :shifty
Maybe! :embarrassed