The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Post by anguyen92 »

At the airport getting ready for the two flights home. Life has felt so empty and purposeless now after my trip.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

May the wind carry you home

Post by gbruin »

No, Andrew. Life will be incredibly full and meaningful because of what you are bringing home with you. Those memories are amazing and they are yours forever.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

And a t-shirt that fits!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Jesterhead92
Bought The CDs

Post by Jesterhead92 »

I'm a little bummed cause the last time Alter Bridge came anywhere near me, I was in a "done with this band" phase, and now that I'm back into them, who knows when they'll come this way again?

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Oooo, boy. I’m tying this trip report in Word and it’s almost crossing three pages and I haven’t even gotten to the live set in Orlando or the show in Raleigh and everything in between. This is going to take a while to hammer things out. Plus, I have a sore throat, so I need to conserve myself more. This will be done at some point. Just probably not today, sorry to disappoint you guys.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: I intentionally said sentences.

Post by zazthespaz »

If you take out food and parking descriptions, how many sentences are you left with?
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

anguyen92 wrote:Oooo, boy. I’m tying this trip report in Word and it’s almost crossing three pages and I haven’t even gotten to the live set in Orlando or the show in Raleigh and everything in between. This is going to take a while to hammer things out. Plus, I have a sore throat, so I need to conserve myself more. This will be done at some point. Just probably not today, sorry to disappoint you guys.
Maybe you should serialise it and post it week by week, Dickens style.
For all of the hope that it brings...

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: I intentionally said sentences.

Post by anguyen92 »

zazthespaz wrote:If you take out food and parking descriptions, how many sentences are you left with?
Well, the jokes on you. Since I didn't rent a car, I didn't park anywhere at all. Still got plenty of food statements though.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Part 1: In which I have french fries

Post by zazthespaz »

Ubik wrote:
anguyen92 wrote:Oooo, boy. I’m tying this trip report in Word and it’s almost crossing three pages and I haven’t even gotten to the live set in Orlando or the show in Raleigh and everything in between. This is going to take a while to hammer things out. Plus, I have a sore throat, so I need to conserve myself more. This will be done at some point. Just probably not today, sorry to disappoint you guys.
Maybe you should serialise it and post it week by week, Dickens style.
The series will overlap the next listening party.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

gbruin
MEGLADONG

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, and then I had a hamburger for $5.99

Post by gbruin »

Oh, this is going to be good. I hope the comma factory has been working overtime.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Re: It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, and then I had a hamburger for $5.99

Post by Ubik »

gbruin wrote:Oh, this is going to be good. I hope the comma factory has been working overtime.
DUDE, I was gonna go with "It was the best of times, it was the wurst of times." But yours has the added benefit of making sense.
For all of the hope that it brings...

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: To potato, or sweet potato, that is the question.

Post by zazthespaz »

Ubik wrote:
gbruin wrote:Oh, this is going to be good. I hope the comma factory has been working overtime.
DUDE, I was gonna go with "It was the best of times, it was the wurst of times." But yours has the added benefit of making sense.
I applaud you both.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

You got me all. That would be how I would post my thoughts on what I've eaten during the trip.

On another note, is there any updates on when this forum gets updated to reflect the Walk the Sky aesthetics? We need some blue in this forum.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Note to self...send all comments to Ubik for post pro

Post by gbruin »

Ubik wrote:
Ubik, yours is so much better! Wurst?! :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

:bow

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

anguyen92 wrote:On another note, is there any updates on when this forum gets updated to reflect the Walk the Sky aesthetics? We need some blue in this forum.
Man it's gonna be so weird seeing the forums with a new design again :lol Feels like its had TLH theme forever :lol I dont even remember the Fortress theme anymore though :(

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Saw Kamelot last night an my lord that did not disappoint. Wow. Incredible show. Very affordable VIP ($100 for M&G/photo/signed stuff plus admission with early entrance). Great performance. Tommy Karevik sounds great live. Long handshake after the show with Thomas Youngblood (my other favorite guitarist in Orlando). Lauren Hart is not ugly. Not even close.

Anguyen: October 5 in Anaheim at The Grove. You already know where to park. Don't miss them.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

My October may already to be too busy and $52.65 for a far back GA spot ($86.00 for a spot in the pit) is too much for me. I've paid that much for AB, Skillet/Sevendust and Within Temptation and I got a great GA spot within good distance of the stage (and in AB's case, on the rail where Mark was positioned at). Sorry, Greg, but I shall pass on them.

Don't know too much of Kamelot's stuff, but I may go to the next best show within days in Anaheim by a band also signed with Napalm Records, Delain. I'm still waiting for tickets to dip slightly under $40 in the resale markets.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

$52.65 for GA and $86 for the pit?!?!? Wow. That's kind of ridiculous. That's The Grove and the promoter screwing you then. Our GA tickets were like $35 or something pretty normal. Try and catch them at some other venue sometime, or at least put them on the Kev's Full Band Discography Review to do list. Wish I wasn't so late to the party, but I love them. Lotha told me they were her favorite band. I get it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

At least, I got the ticket to see Delain with Amorphis and Anneke van Giersbergen at the City National Grove of Anaheim. I was going to buy it for under $40.00 in resale sites if it happens since I feel that $46.60 is really not a price I want to pay for a band I don't know or enjoy as much as acts I paid for (as a reference, I paid $46.50 for Halestorm with Starset in 2017 and that was a fantastic show). I saw a ticket for Stubhub that costed $42.78, but I had a coupon from Stubhub for $5.00 off that would have expired on 10/07, so I just paid $37.78 for the ticket. I'm pretty happy with how that turned out. The ticket PDF looks legit.

Now I got two weeks to get into all these bands stuff.