The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: I also tell them I killed Osama Bin Laden for bonus points.

Post by zazthespaz »

anguyen92 wrote:I don't know why I'm so paranoid over the little details. I'm flying out tomorrow to Orlando and Delta has this carry-on restriction where it cannot exceed 22 x 14 x 9. I measured my bag and it is 21.5 x 15 x 7 and I'm probably off by a few sliver. I just don't want to have to pay an extra $30.00 when needed (that comes out of my $400.00 spending budget which would include food, travel expenses like Uber, lyft, bus, etc., merchandise, etc.)
I haven't flown Delta, but I've never had the size of my bag checked as long as it was reasonably sized like yours is. I've carried on hard guitar cases multiple times which go way beyond that 22 inches - the few times they told me (at the gate) that there was too much luggage to carry the guitar on, they just threw it in the cargo hold with everything else at no charge to me.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Up The All-Time Irons

Post by gbruin »

anguyen92 wrote:Wow. I don't know why, but there are bands I feel like people have praised where I'm like "there's no way this band can live up to the hype," and at some point in time, I wrongly thought that was the case for Iron Maiden. But then, I watched Flight 666 around 2012 or so and it changed my perspective on them and I see them as some pretty bloody talented musicians and as well as good hard-working people with quirks and hobbies that one would not expect members of a long-lasting heavy metal band to have. Then they went on to release an amazing double-album where one of the songs is an 18 minute song that talks about a blimp that ended up in a horrendous crash. Their frontman, whose already ultra-talented and has accomplished so many things that not one of us would ever achieve one of those things in a lifetime, survived cancer and still was able to be the great frontman that he is always been heralded as.

That show I saw in LA just further cements them as one of only two "oldie" band that I will always venerated (the only other band is Rush, but sadly, they are done). They just went out there and played a tremendous show and these guys are in their 60s and everything they've done is on point when many other bands at their age would just fall apart with their live performances or have to make adjustments that wouldn't even solve their issues. Iron Maiden delivered quite a show of the year candidate to me and I hope they come back to SoCal again for a few more times before calling it a career. Whether it is for a new album or a history tour, I'll be there (as long as it doesn't take place in Glen Helen Amphitheater in San Bernadino, that place, from what I read the reviews on it, can just suck it).
Glad you did it, Kev.

When you look at the history of rock/metal, no one has done it better for longer than Iron Maiden. Greatest metal band in history, right there, and I can vouch for the fact that the brilliant "Empire of the Clouds" is one of the favorite songs of at least 3 of the mods here at TABN.

btw, the R=101 was not a blimp. Blimps are non-rigid (essentially, a balloon) airships. The R-101, like most of the giant airships of the time, had an enormous duralumin and steel skeleton and the ship weighed well over 100 tons when empty. [/TangentialTrivia]

And safe travels to the LP today to you and Ryan and anyone else on here making the trip. Damn, it's hard looking thru FB tonight.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Under the sea...

Post by gbruin »

Useless info...I've done a lot of scuba diving and I've seen all the various critters in the In The Deep video on dives except for the mola mola at 2:37. Those things are really rare. And yes, I have seen a woman in a dress who was a likely inebriated passenger on a nearby boat who fell overboard (she was fine).

I once got hit in the back of the head by a giant manta that was swimming past me. I was apparently in his way. That was cool.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Post by anguyen92 »

Well. Made it to Atlanta. Now I have to wait two hours before the flight to Orlando. One twist. There are no restaurants open!!!!!!

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Or was that a bible quote?

Post by zazthespaz »

gbruin wrote:Useless info...I've done a lot of scuba diving and I've seen all the various critters in the In The Deep video on dives except for the mola mola at 2:37. Those things are really rare. And yes, I have seen a woman in a dress who was a likely inebriated passenger on a nearby boat who fell overboard (she was fine).

I once got hit in the back of the head by a giant manta that was swimming past me. I was apparently in his way. That was cool.
Is there a video that was supposed to go along with this or can you only see mola molas at 2:37?
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

gbruin
MEGLADONG

yes, there is a video

Post by gbruin »

zazthespaz wrote:
gbruin wrote:Useless info...I've done a lot of scuba diving and I've seen all the various critters in the In The Deep video on dives except for the mola mola at 2:37. Those things are really rare. And yes, I have seen a woman in a dress who was a likely inebriated passenger on a nearby boat who fell overboard (she was fine).

Is there a video that was supposed to go along with this or can you only see mola molas at 2:37?

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Don't you have kids?! Why do I have to explain this?!

Post by zazthespaz »

gbruin wrote:
zazthespaz wrote:

Greg, I'm a millennial. If you don't provide the link to the video, I'm not gonna look for it to see what you're referencing and will just assume you're being an old fart on a rant.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Don't get me started on those kids...

Post by gbruin »

zazthespaz wrote:
gbruin wrote:
zazthespaz wrote:

Greg, I'm a millennial. If you don't provide the link to the video, I'm not gonna look for it to see what you're referencing and will just assume you're being an old fart on a rant.
That assumption wouldn't necessarily be wrong.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Stinkin' whippersnappers. Why back in Greg and my day.... what day is this?
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

Kevin!!!!! We missed each other again!! One day we’ll actually meet!
Photobucket cash grab.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Droppin the ban hammer.

Post by zazthespaz »

How many TABNers were at the show and nobody met Kev?! I'm starting to think he's a Russian bot.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I don’t know. I was like the 10th person in line when I got there around 1pm. I can’t help it if the board members get there later and couldn’t find me. I’m an Asian dude with glasses. Can’t be too hard to find.

zazisaspaz
On The Rail

Don’t worry Andy, I won’t take him to DQ... that’s our place

Post by zazisaspaz »

How did no one meet Kevin?!? Somebody book me a flight to California so Kev and I can meet up for lunch.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Knowing Kev, he was probably researching the easiest route to The Beacham, and missed everyone.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

You got me. Then again, I was phone less for 8 hours once the venue stated that they will not let anyone in the venue if they had a phone. So I spent 30 min going to the hotel room and back to The Beacham. Thankfully my spot was saved by the great people in the front.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Re: Don’t worry Andy, I won’t take him to DQ... that’s our place

Post by Ryan »

zazisaspaz wrote:How did no one meet Kevin?!? Somebody book me a flight to California so Kev and I can meet up for lunch.
I live here and still can’t meet him.

We were both at the Myles show in Hollywood and didn’t meet. I think he just doesn’t like me. :(
Photobucket cash grab.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I like you Ryan. I just don’t know where to find you or know what you look like. I have a terrible perception when it comes to that.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Hey, who's that guy with Ryan's wife?

Post by gbruin »

It's not your fault, Kev. He changed his hair so as not to be recognized.