The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
User avatar
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:31 pm
Location: California

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Postby anguyen92 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:10 pm

That can be true. I was using a restroom at 4:00 PM at the local Rite Aid next to the Hollywood Palladium and told a guy that needs to go that he can use that one. When he came back at around 5:30, he told me that Rite Aid closed it (presumably due to the fact that there's a concert next door with hundreds of people waiting in line).

User avatar
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:31 pm
Location: California

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Postby anguyen92 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:11 pm

In line at The Wiltern for Skillet and Sevendust. I am 7th in line. I’m getting that rail spot. Won’t be the front since you need to pay more, but there are four rail sections and I’m getting the closest one.

Now comes 4 hours of waiting. At least my phone is fully charged.

User avatar
gbruin
MEGLADONG
Posts: 6964
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:27 pm
Location: Highlands Ranch, CO

From 21 speeds to zero in 2 feet.

Postby gbruin » Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:09 pm

My 15 year old road bike finally died. :mope

The rear drop where the derailleur is bolted on broke off and the derailleur got bent up in the spokes of the rear wheel. So sad. I've ridden 10s of thousands of miles on that bike. Luckily I was going uphill so the abrupt stop wasn't too dangerous. That would have been disastrous if I'd been descending. A good samaritan kindly pulled over and gave me a ride home, saving me a 10 mile walk. It's a Trek and they have a lifetime warranty on frames so maybe it's replaceable, but in the meantime I have been running and it sucks. :pout
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

User avatar
zazthespaz
Kumar
Posts: 12636
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:12 am

Re: Gimme 3 days - 10 weeks to get there

Postby zazthespaz » Wed Sep 04, 2019 2:44 pm

gbruin wrote:My 15 year old road bike finally died. :mope

The rear drop where the derailleur is bolted on broke off and the derailleur got bent up in the spokes of the rear wheel. So sad. I've ridden 10s of thousands of miles on that bike. Luckily I was going uphill so the abrupt stop wasn't too dangerous. That would have been disastrous if I'd been descending. A good samaritan kindly pulled over and gave me a ride home, saving me a 10 mile walk. It's a Trek and they have a lifetime warranty on frames so maybe it's replaceable, but in the meantime I have been running and it sucks. :pout

I accidentally missed the part that said “road bike” so I was relieved when I reread it. Sorry to hear that Greg, want me to drive you around?
Be kind. Rewind.

User avatar
gbruin
MEGLADONG
Posts: 6964
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:27 pm
Location: Highlands Ranch, CO

It's a good idea for a reality show

Postby gbruin » Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:51 pm

zazthespaz wrote:
gbruin wrote:My 15 year old road bike finally died. :mope

The rear drop where the derailleur is bolted on broke off and the derailleur got bent up in the spokes of the rear wheel. So sad. I've ridden 10s of thousands of miles on that bike. Luckily I was going uphill so the abrupt stop wasn't too dangerous. That would have been disastrous if I'd been descending. A good samaritan kindly pulled over and gave me a ride home, saving me a 10 mile walk. It's a Trek and they have a lifetime warranty on frames so maybe it's replaceable, but in the meantime I have been running and it sucks. :pout

I accidentally missed the part that said “road bike” so I was relieved when I reread it. Sorry to hear that Greg, want me to drive you around?

Sure! I love surprises.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

User avatar
zazthespaz
Kumar
Posts: 12636
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:12 am

Re: Looking at you, GazEd. :D

Postby zazthespaz » Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:32 pm

Hey everyone, do me a favor and tell every Russian you know to tell every Russian they know to stop posting spam on this board please. I had to disprove 8 posts today, pissin me off.
Be kind. Rewind.

User avatar
Ubik
Bachelor Daddy
Posts: 3748
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:12 pm

Re: Looking at you, GazEd. :D

Postby Ubik » Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:46 pm

zazthespaz wrote:Hey everyone, do me a favor and tell every Russian you know to tell every Russian they know to stop posting spam on this board please. I had to disprove 8 posts today, pissin me off.

I'm now imagining the new modding system to consist of you having to solve riddles set by the porn bots.
And if you fall, at least you tried
As you tremble on the wire...

User avatar
Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle
Posts: 16186
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:52 am
Location: Belgium シ

Re: Looking at you, GazEd. :D

Postby Timotheus » Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:47 pm

zazthespaz wrote:Hey everyone, do me a favor and tell every Russian you know to tell every Russian they know to stop posting spam on this board please. I had to disprove 8 posts today, pissin me off.

I'll tell Vlad.
Image

User avatar
zazthespaz
Kumar
Posts: 12636
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:12 am

Re: So that Friday night sucked ass.

Postby zazthespaz » Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:05 pm

Ubik wrote:
zazthespaz wrote:Hey everyone, do me a favor and tell every Russian you know to tell every Russian they know to stop posting spam on this board please. I had to disprove 8 posts today, pissin me off.

I'm now imagining the new modding system to consist of you having to solve riddles set by the porn bots.

One bot was trying to argue that Schrodinger's cat is dead and I had to write a 17 page thesis citing why the bot was wrong just to ban it.

Edit: Having just banned another bot, I realize the word is "Disapprove" not "Disprove". Too many syllables for this board.
Be kind. Rewind.

User avatar
Fish Tacos
Burn It Down
Posts: 2706
Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:52 pm
Location: noʎ puᴉɥǝq ʇɥƃᴉɹ

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Postby Fish Tacos » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:14 pm

Sucking ass is not appropriate moderator language #NotMyMod #ImpeachZazWhen #MothersAgainstAsses
Image

User avatar
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:31 pm
Location: California

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Postby anguyen92 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:20 pm

Well, on another note, I'm seeing Iron Maiden on Saturday. Thankfully, I've sorted out where I want to park. I know someone that works in the LA Live area (the area that has Staples Center, Microsoft Theater, the LA Convention Center, etc.) that can get me validated parking for the day at a lot. All I need to do is park there and take either the Metro Bus or Rail or take an Uber to the Banc of California Stadium (which is next to USC). Never had taken the Metro bus, rail or an Uber before so this should be interesting.

User avatar
zazthespaz
Kumar
Posts: 12636
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:12 am

Re: I'm not saying the C word. I have limits.

Postby zazthespaz » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:26 pm

Fish Tacos wrote:Sucking ass is not appropriate moderator language #NotMyMod #ImpeachZazWhen #MothersAgainstAsses

Fuck, you're right. I apologize for my language, I think trying to find a new job is creating so much damn stress and going through the job boards every day is a real bitch. I'll try to get my shit together.
Be kind. Rewind.

User avatar
Fish Tacos
Burn It Down
Posts: 2706
Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:52 pm
Location: noʎ puᴉɥǝq ʇɥƃᴉɹ

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Postby Fish Tacos » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:52 pm

anguyen92 wrote:Well, on another note, I'm seeing Iron Maiden on Saturday. Thankfully, I've sorted out where I want to park. I know someone that works in the LA Live area (the area that has Staples Center, Microsoft Theater, the LA Convention Center, etc.) that can get me validated parking for the day at a lot. All I need to do is park there and take either the Metro Bus or Rail or take an Uber to the Banc of California Stadium (which is next to USC). Never had taken the Metro bus, rail or an Uber before so this should be interesting.


Staples Center is only 3-4 miles from where IM is performing on Sat. It might actually be cheaper to just take the Uber (I prefer Lyft, they give their drivers a bigger cut) straight from the lot to the theater. Even if it isn't, it will be a comparable price with less hassle. If you download the app you can put in a starting and ending point to see how much it would cost so you can make a plan without actually scheduling a ride yet.
Image

User avatar
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:31 pm
Location: California

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Postby anguyen92 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:05 am

Well, it looks like according to the Uber App, the price will be $8.22 from the parking lot near Staples Center to Banc of California Stadium. A one-way trip in the Expo Line will cost $1.75 (plus a dollar for the TAP card). Then again, I never took anything Metro-related and I probably would be paranoid if I missed a stop. Also, I know that the train will probably have a late ride after the show, but I think just to be safe, that's when I will take the Uber back to the parking lot. It all still beats paying $40.00 for parking at the actual stadium. Parking in LA, baby. It's feast or famine and I've had my successes in getting great value and not getting as much great value when going to shows there.

User avatar
Micky
Hardcore TABN'er
Posts: 892
Joined: Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:41 pm
Location: with my creepy uncle timo

Re: I'm not saying the C word. I have limits.

Postby Micky » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:42 am

zazthespaz wrote:
Fish Tacos wrote:Sucking ass is not appropriate moderator language #NotMyMod #ImpeachZazWhen #MothersAgainstAsses

Fuck, you're right. I apologize for my language, I think trying to find a new job is creating so much damn stress and going through the job boards every day is a real bitch. I'll try to get my shit together.


For fuck's sake man, don't be a shit head, do your damn job and shut your whore mouth!
Image


Thanks Andy!

User avatar
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:31 pm
Location: California

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Postby anguyen92 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:19 pm

All right. I made it. At the Banc of California stadium for Iron Maiden. Took the Metro Expo line. Set me back 3.75 tap card included.

User avatar
One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void
Posts: 4447
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:40 pm
Location: Mizzou

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Postby One Drew Remains » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:41 pm

Scream for me, Keviiiin!
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19

User avatar
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:31 pm
Location: California

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Postby anguyen92 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:46 am

Wow. I don't know why, but there are bands I feel like people have praised where I'm like "there's no way this band can live up to the hype," and at some point in time, I wrongly thought that was the case for Iron Maiden. But then, I watched Flight 666 around 2012 or so and it changed my perspective on them and I see them as some pretty bloody talented musicians and as well as good hard-working people with quirks and hobbies that one would not expect members of a long-lasting heavy metal band to have. Then they went on to release an amazing double-album where one of the songs is an 18 minute song that talks about a blimp that ended up in a horrendous crash. Their frontman, whose already ultra-talented and has accomplished so many things that not one of us would ever achieve one of those things in a lifetime, survived cancer and still was able to be the great frontman that he is always been heralded as.

That show I saw in LA just further cements them as one of only two "oldie" band that I will always venerated (the only other band is Rush, but sadly, they are done). They just went out there and played a tremendous show and these guys are in their 60s and everything they've done is on point when many other bands at their age would just fall apart with their live performances or have to make adjustments that wouldn't even solve their issues. Iron Maiden delivered quite a show of the year candidate to me and I hope they come back to SoCal again for a few more times before calling it a career. Whether it is for a new album or a history tour, I'll be there (as long as it doesn't take place in Glen Helen Amphitheater in San Bernadino, that place, from what I read the reviews on it, can just suck it).

User avatar
Andy92
You Waste Your Time
Posts: 13243
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:52 pm

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Postby Andy92 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:39 pm

I saw Maiden earlier this tour and they blew me away. Excellent show.
Image

User avatar
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator
Posts: 9202
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:31 pm
Location: California

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Postby anguyen92 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:25 pm

I don't know why I'm so paranoid over the little details. I'm flying out tomorrow to Orlando and Delta has this carry-on restriction where it cannot exceed 22 x 14 x 9. I measured my bag and it is 21.5 x 15 x 7 and I'm probably off by a few sliver. I just don't want to have to pay an extra $30.00 when needed (that comes out of my $400.00 spending budget which would include food, travel expenses like Uber, lyft, bus, etc., merchandise, etc.)


Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest