The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
TheLastHero
Bought The CDs

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Post by TheLastHero »

I seriously need a vacation.

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Life Review Interview

Post by MaraCarr »

I have an assignment that requires an interview in APA format with a minimum of 1500 words. My assignment was to do a geriatric interview utilizing skills to naturally induce a life review without the person being interviewed knowing it. My problem is I didn't follow up quickly enough. To earn my masters degree I am required to do a 1500 word APA formatted "assigned" paper every week plus...a 400 word discussion post with at least 2 referenced scientific articles and 2 replies that mean something to our classmates on top of working a full-time job. So I decided to use myself to interview my symbolic older self (I incorporated everything I knew about my mom). It's actually really good...It made me cry. I am thankful for the assignment. It made me look at life through my mom's eyes. It gave me deep empathy. :)

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

TheLastHero wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:00 pm I seriously need a vacation.
Me too! :)

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

anguyen92 wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:50 pm Last minute, but I’m at the Greek Theater for Alice Cooper.
Nice...I love Nita...I was fortunate enough to be part of her Shred Project and hope to see her play live soon! This moment can be compared to the same moment when you are in deep "Alabama Mud" in a 4-wheel drive.....and have to "know"when to lock it in! They locked it in!
I love them so much!

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

If I know that a guy and a girl went to prom together, and if I see them frequently walking together after the last class of the day (not holding hands), does that mean they are dating?
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

maximzub wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 4:21 pm If I know that a guy and a girl went to prom together, and if I see them frequently walking together after the last class of the day (not holding hands), does that mean they are dating?
Are other parts of their bodies interacting?
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Was I this needy in my high school days on TABN?

Post by zazthespaz »

maximzub wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 4:21 pm If I know that a guy and a girl went to prom together, and if I see them frequently walking together after the last class of the day (not holding hands), does that mean they are dating?
No. I went to prom with a friend twice. You can be friends with girls. Going to prom does not make you a couple. You can ask her out. Or ask her if she's seeing the guy. Quit beating around the bush.

Follow up: what do you expect happens after prom? You go with someone and either fall madly in love with them or never talk to them again?
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Timotheus wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 5:02 pm Are other parts of their bodies interacting?
The occasional slap on the shoulder. She doesn't seem to receive it well.
zazthespaz wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 6:12 pm No. I went to prom with a friend twice. You can be friends with girls. Going to prom does not make you a couple. You can ask her out. Or ask her if she's seeing the guy. Quit beating around the bush.
Of course I can be friends with girls. I've had quite a few female friends, to say the least. After the last girl that I pursued romantically, I learned to draw the line between friendship and anything more, so that something like that wouldn't happen again. Since then, my female friends have been some of my closest.

Also of course, going to prom doesn't mean they're a couple, EXCEPT that they didn't really seem to be friends before that. I don't think I've ever seen them interacting until a couple weeks ago. (Prom was last weekend.)

The girl in question hasn't wanted to talk to me in almost a year. And I never really talked to the guy much either. Even though we're in Jazz Band together, I usually hung around other members rather than him.
zazthespaz wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 6:12 pm Follow up: what do you expect happens after prom? You go with someone and either fall madly in love with them or never talk to them again?
No, there are other options. But, those are possibilities. Everything seemed to happen so fast and I don't get it.
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

This morning, for some reason, the numbers on the control screen of my washing machine were all blurred and fuzzy. I stood there in utter confusion for over a minute. Blinking my eyes like an idiot, wondering if the washing machine was broken, if I was having a stroke...

Then I stopped brushing my teeth with my electric toothbrush, and everything was normal again.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Gravity change?

Post by gbruin »

I have to drain our sprinkler pipes every fall so they don't freeze and break during the wintertime. For 20 years, I'd just shut off the water, open the system from both sides, and gravity would drain all the water from the pipes (the backyard is about 15+ feet lower than the water pipes coming out of the house) and this worked perfectly. Now, counting yesterday ( :slam ), in 4 of the last 6 years, the vacuum breaker system has been cracked when I turned the sprinklers back on in the spring, and it costs like $500 to get a plumber to cut it out and solder a new one in. wtaf?
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: being social is literally killing me.

Post by zazthespaz »

Friend came to Houston for work and stayed a couple days extra to see the city. First friend I've had from NJ come down here so I was pretty excited. Friday night I take him to a pretty cool restaurant and then hangout spot - bars & rotating food trucks. Walk out to find my car's back window was smashed in and my friend's work laptop stolen - several other cars in the same lot have the same done to them. I called the cops and after 50 minutes (and talking to one cop in person who had pulled someone over on the same block and told me to call 911), no cop showed so I drove to the local police station to file a report at 11pm. Went to a seedy convenience store to get my buddy a phone charger since his was stolen and I went home. Next day, went to an MLS game, my first, had a great time, got some food after and then took him to the airport since he was pretty beat due to the Texas heat and whole week before for him. Sunday I feel like I have a bit of a cold but think it's due to the stress from Friday night. Wake up this morning at 5am feeling worse and decide to take a covid test I ordered in the mail months ago and it comes back positive. I text my buddy and he has it too so there's practically no chance I had a false positive. Second time I've had covid now, plus I was fully vaxxed and boosted once. This time my parents don't have it (yet) so I'm confined to the back of the house and have to order food from them :lol 4/10 weekend - had some good times, not worth any of the outcomes :lol
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Dang, that's rough, Cam! :/ for both of yall :lol

Merinda
Sig Queen

Post by Merinda »

Damn, hope you feel better soon Zaz. What a crap weekend.

I have 4 cats and 2 dogs and I feel like I'm constantly cleaning up after them. Send help.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Merinda wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 10:18 pm Damn, hope you feel better soon Zaz. What a crap weekend.

I have 4 cats and 2 dogs and I feel like I'm constantly cleaning up after them. Send help.
Sounds like you need 2 more dogs to make the numbers even, that might help :D

Merinda
Sig Queen

Post by Merinda »

I actually really want another Pomeranian. One of my girls is a little blonde Pomeranian and the other is half Maltese/half Dachshund. My Pom's name is Puffle and she is like the best thing to happen to me, I'm so obsessed with her lol.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Merinda wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 10:43 pm I actually really want another Pomeranian. One of my girls is a little blonde Pomeranian and the other is half Maltese/half Dachshund. My Pom's name is Puffle and she is like the best thing to happen to me, I'm so obsessed with her lol.
My favorite thing about small dogs like Poms is how easy they are to just hold in your arms or sleep on your lap :)

I've never had cats because my parents arent cat people but Ive been wanting one for a few years just to see what it's like. Couldnt imagine having 4 of them :lol

Merinda
Sig Queen

Post by Merinda »

Puff loves to sleep between my legs when I'm on the couch reclining. She's literally doing it as I type this. See pic lol.

My cats are the best. So loving and sweet, they've brought me nothing but joy!

gbruin
MEGLADONG

It's a TABN wormhole

Post by gbruin »

Whoa, Min's computer showing Shea's reply right below Min's reply to Shea's reply...

gbruin
MEGLADONG

#HoustonLife

Post by gbruin »

zazthespaz wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 5:14 pm Friend came to Houston for work and stayed a couple days extra to see the city. First friend I've had from NJ come down here so I was pretty excited. Friday night I take him to a pretty cool restaurant and then hangout spot - bars & rotating food trucks. Walk out to find my car's back window was smashed in and my friend's work laptop stolen - several other cars in the same lot have the same done to them. I called the cops and after 50 minutes (and talking to one cop in person who had pulled someone over on the same block and told me to call 911), no cop showed so I drove to the local police station to file a report at 11pm. Went to a seedy convenience store to get my buddy a phone charger since his was stolen and I went home. Next day, went to an MLS game, my first, had a great time, got some food after and then took him to the airport since he was pretty beat due to the Texas heat and whole week before for him. Sunday I feel like I have a bit of a cold but think it's due to the stress from Friday night. Wake up this morning at 5am feeling worse and decide to take a covid test I ordered in the mail months ago and it comes back positive. I text my buddy and he has it too so there's practically no chance I had a false positive. Second time I've had covid now, plus I was fully vaxxed and boosted once. This time my parents don't have it (yet) so I'm confined to the back of the house and have to order food from them :lol 4/10 weekend - had some good times, not worth any of the outcomes :lol
So sorry about yours and your friend's weekend, Cameron. That really sucks. Get well soon, amigo.