The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
gbruin
MEGLADONG

Is it a birthday or an anniversary?

Post by gbruin »

Aluminum for everyone!!
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Is it a birthday or an anniversary?

Post by MaraCarr »

gbruin wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:06 pm Aluminum for everyone!!
You get Aluminum… You get Aluminum… Everybody GETS Aluminum! :headbang

I Love Oprah… I miss her show and Martha!

maximzub
On The Rail

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Post by maximzub »

34343rd post in this thread. Just thought that was a cool number.
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

So today (yesterday?) I left to visit relatives in Serbia. The flights were good. We flew from Chicago to Zurich, and then from Zurich to Belgrade. It was a nice flight. I didn't sleep at all, just listened to the finished recordings from my graduation party and some other music I hadn't heard in a while or had never heard before. Also played some games, including one that I think I'm gonna rename Pawns & Kings....

Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Turn the lights out, carry me home!

Post by gbruin »

These last 2 minutes felt like they lasted 30. Guys laying down in front of 90 mph slap shots, carrying teammates to the bench when their skate blade explodes, outnumbered and doing everything possible to protect a one goal lead with a Stanley Cup on the line.

Love my Avs. What a season.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Congrats. Gbruin. The Avs were pretty much a tremendous and exciting team to observe for throughout the entire season without much resilience in the playoffs except against the Blues and Lightning.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

So, on top of buying the listening party for Pawns & Kings in Orlando in late September, I also bought a ticket to a live show in August in Chicago of a podcast I listen to weekly, Cox n Crendor. Flights are pretty darn expensive right now. The non-Spirit and non-Frontier flights are pretty darn expensive right now. As a reference point, in 2019, I've spent around $600.00 for flight and stay for three nights and flights to Orlando, Raleigh, and back home. The roundtrip flights are like $700-900 for a good airline. I'm hoping the price dip just within a range I'm willing to spend, because I sure want to make two weekend trips a good one that can be decently well-priced.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: I flew Spirit on my last AB album show - never again!

Post by zazthespaz »

anguyen92 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:57 pm The roundtrip flights are like $700-900 for a good airline. I'm hoping the price dip just within a range I'm willing to spend, because I sure want to make two weekend trips a good one that can be decently well-priced.
Get the Hopper app and set up a watch for the dates you want to fly. It'll monitor flights and let you know when the best time to buy is (on the day when you should make the purchase) and give you updates along the way. It only occurred to me just now that you may be able to filter out Spirit and similar airlines, but even if not, I think it gives a good indicator of prices overall.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

maximzub
On The Rail

I just flew Swiss Air - never again!

Post by maximzub »

zazthespaz wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 12:41 pm
anguyen92 wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:57 pm The roundtrip flights are like $700-900 for a good airline. I'm hoping the price dip just within a range I'm willing to spend, because I sure want to make two weekend trips a good one that can be decently well-priced.
Get the Hopper app and set up a watch for the dates you want to fly. It'll monitor flights and let you know when the best time to buy is (on the day when you should make the purchase) and give you updates along the way. It only occurred to me just now that you may be able to filter out Spirit and similar airlines, but even if not, I think it gives a good indicator of prices overall.
All this talk about flying. When I posted that our flights were good, I didn't know yet that the Swiss guys lost our luggage in Zurich. It took them two days to find it and send it on another flight to Belgrade. After we come back from Serbia, I don't think I'm gonna fly anywhere again anytime soon.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

It's crazy that I've always flown with low-costs (Wizzair) and they've never lost my baggage. I try not to take the checked luggage anyway for short city breaks.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

maximzub
On The Rail

#multitaskingpost

Post by maximzub »

Dolo wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 3:00 pm It's crazy that I've always flown with low-costs (Wizzair) and they've never lost my baggage. I try not to take the checked luggage anyway for short city breaks.
Yeah, it actually had never happened to us either until now. Fortunately we were ready with some clothes and other stuff packed in our carry-ons, but we didn't have some things like my electric shaver for example. Also, there's some shirts in there that I really care about, such as the one I got from school for graduation. It says "Hononegah Class Of 2022" on the front, and on the back it has all of our names (and I'm dead last, what an unfortunate last name Zubic is for alphabetic purposes). It's one I really didn't want to lose and fortunately, they're sending the bag our way right now.

There's something else that's been keeping me up all night.

There's a girl that I'm friends with that I happen to have been thinking about a lot lately. We became friends because of Math Team and the school musical, and for a little bit we even considered getting into a band together (she plays drums), but it wasn't meant to be. She's two years younger than me, so we didn't get to see each other at graduation (although she was there, playing with the school band). So the last time I saw her was my last day of school. She said back then that she would be coming to my graduation party, so I didn't really feel like I should say some kind of long-term goodbye yet. That's something I've been doing a lot lately, because I'm sure I'm likely never going to see a lot of people from school ever again, so I feel like I want to say goodbye the right way. Unfortunately, she wasn't able to make it to my graduation party, and ever since then, I feel like our relationship was kinda unfinished because I didn't get to say goodbye the way I wanted to. I wonder if that's the only reason I'm thinking about her a lot? It seems like I tend to think about my crushes a lot (doesn't everybody?), and I hope that my friendly feelings for her aren't turning romantic.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Re: #multitaskingpost

Post by Dan Dando »

maximzub wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:45 am I hope that my friendly feelings for her aren't turning romantic.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Hit the snooze for another minute and a half!

Post by gbruin »

I would imagine having the last name Zubic could potentially save you 60-90 seconds every morning at roll call.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: I’m a mod. Report my ass, I dare you.

Post by zazthespaz »

I’m at an A’s vs BlueJays baseball game.

Shea can suck my ass.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: I’m a mod. Report my ass, I dare you.

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

zazthespaz wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:54 pm I’m at an A’s vs BlueJays baseball game.

Shea can suck my ass.
What the hell did I do? :wtf

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: my Californian cousin’s whipped yo ass

Post by zazthespaz »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:17 am
zazthespaz wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:54 pm I’m at an A’s vs BlueJays baseball game.

Shea can suck my ass.
What the hell did I do? :wtf
Canadians. Always pleading the fifth :rolleyes
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

All right, well. An update on my two weekend trips planning to Chicago in mid-August and Orlando in late September. A package I like for the Chicago trip is $850.00 (which has a private room at a hostel and non-crappy airline flights). Should I take it now or wait a few more days? I would like the price to go below $800.00 before buying, but I'm trying to see if it's possible to get to that price before the flight prices go up even more as we get closer.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Welp, I'm back to frantically checking the boards every day like a mad lad. Must be time for a new record.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

All right, the price with some deals on Hopper and Booking.com on a Chicago weekend trip has gone down to $760.00 overall. I may take the punt, but I need to convinced if I should wait. Should I wait? I want to go in August on 08/12.

Devil Inside You
Isolated

Post by Devil Inside You »

The creator of Yugioh died :(