The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
User avatar
SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON
Posts: 8123
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:27 pm
Location: TABN

Re: SMDH.

Postby SHEAKENBAKEN » Wed May 16, 2018 7:19 pm

zazthespaz wrote:I know it’s no surprise but Mark is the coolest guy. Off air he mentioned he’s a big fan of Brandon Sanderson (naturally I texted Andy) so I asked him about it and he suggested I read Mistborn. I asked him if he read the Dark Tower series and Eric piped in and said Mark’s a fan of it and Mark said he’s on the last book but too busy writing his to finish. So I get a chance to talk with the guy who inspired me to play guitar and we talked books :lol

Zaz did you even remember to mention the crazy Shea guy? :lol
Image

User avatar
Fish Tacos
Burn It Down
Posts: 2666
Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:52 pm
Location: noʎ puᴉɥǝq ʇɥƃᴉɹ

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Postby Fish Tacos » Wed May 16, 2018 8:40 pm

So apparently Napalm is Hoobastank's label too. They have 2 singles on there for an upcoming album - I got a little excited to check them out since I liked their old stuff even if I never listen to it anymore. I was super disappointed, it doesn't even sound like the same band anymore.
Image

User avatar
zazthespaz
Kumar
Posts: 12477
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:12 am

Re: “oh you know Shea? Oh look at that we gotta leave...”

Postby zazthespaz » Wed May 16, 2018 8:43 pm

Andy92 wrote:
zazthespaz wrote:I know it’s no surprise but Mark is the coolest guy. Off air he mentioned he’s a big fan of Brandon Sanderson (naturally I texted Andy) so I asked him about it and he suggested I read Mistborn. I asked him if he read the Dark Tower series and Eric piped in and said Mark’s a fan of it and Mark said he’s on the last book but too busy writing his to finish. So I get a chance to talk with the guy who inspired me to play guitar and we talked books :lol

Hopefully this gets you to read his stuff since I never could.

Probably, but I’ll give you most of the credit!
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
zazthespaz wrote:I know it’s no surprise but Mark is the coolest guy. Off air he mentioned he’s a big fan of Brandon Sanderson (naturally I texted Andy) so I asked him about it and he suggested I read Mistborn. I asked him if he read the Dark Tower series and Eric piped in and said Mark’s a fan of it and Mark said he’s on the last book but too busy writing his to finish. So I get a chance to talk with the guy who inspired me to play guitar and we talked books :lol

Zaz did you even remember to mention the crazy Shea guy? :lol

You told me not to! Plus, I didn’t want him to think I was crazy too in case he did know who you were! :lol
“Listen, I’m sorry I slept with your sister. Now put Mom on the phone.”

User avatar
SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON
Posts: 8123
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:27 pm
Location: TABN

Re: “what about the performa-” "Just let the audience know it was cut short and it's all Shea's fault! Sorry I gotta run

Postby SHEAKENBAKEN » Wed May 16, 2018 8:45 pm

zazthespaz wrote:
Andy92 wrote:
zazthespaz wrote:I know it’s no surprise but Mark is the coolest guy. Off air he mentioned he’s a big fan of Brandon Sanderson (naturally I texted Andy) so I asked him about it and he suggested I read Mistborn. I asked him if he read the Dark Tower series and Eric piped in and said Mark’s a fan of it and Mark said he’s on the last book but too busy writing his to finish. So I get a chance to talk with the guy who inspired me to play guitar and we talked books :lol

Hopefully this gets you to read his stuff since I never could.

Probably, but I’ll give you most of the credit!
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:
zazthespaz wrote:I know it’s no surprise but Mark is the coolest guy. Off air he mentioned he’s a big fan of Brandon Sanderson (naturally I texted Andy) so I asked him about it and he suggested I read Mistborn. I asked him if he read the Dark Tower series and Eric piped in and said Mark’s a fan of it and Mark said he’s on the last book but too busy writing his to finish. So I get a chance to talk with the guy who inspired me to play guitar and we talked books :lol

Zaz did you even remember to mention the crazy Shea guy? :lol

You told me not to! Plus, I didn’t want him to think I was crazy too in case he did know who you were! :lol


:lol Oh yeah right! That's probably for the best!
Image

User avatar
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator
Posts: 8432
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:31 pm
Location: California

Is AB going to follow suit as well? Go all Maroon 5 and Imagine Dragons on us? :shifty

Postby anguyen92 » Wed May 16, 2018 9:12 pm

Fish Tacos wrote:So apparently Napalm is Hoobastank's label too. They have 2 singles on there for an upcoming album - I got a little excited to check them out since I liked their old stuff even if I never listen to it anymore. I was super disappointed, it doesn't even sound like the same band anymore.


So do I have to add Hoobastank to that list of bands of our youth that used to rock, but don't rock anymore? For bloody sakes. It's a huge epidemic. I get the whole thing where bands have to change their sound in order to keep themselves interesting, but when everyone is pretty doing the same exact thing like Shinedown and the rest, it doesn't really become unique anymore, right?

User avatar
Ubik
Bachelor Daddy
Posts: 3479
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:12 pm

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Postby Ubik » Wed May 16, 2018 10:15 pm

Fish Tacos wrote:So apparently Napalm is Hoobastank's label too. They have 2 singles on there for an upcoming album - I got a little excited to check them out since I liked their old stuff even if I never listen to it anymore. I was super disappointed, it doesn't even sound like the same band anymore.

Oh man that takes me back. I got my first guitar because it looked kinda like the Custom 24 in the Crawling in the Dark vid :lol
In another life
In another place...

User avatar
Fish Tacos
Burn It Down
Posts: 2666
Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:52 pm
Location: noʎ puᴉɥǝq ʇɥƃᴉɹ

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Postby Fish Tacos » Wed May 16, 2018 10:25 pm

Let me know what you guys think. For me it's actually kinda bad. I reached the end of the song with no recollection of the tune at all. People are saying it was made with the Maroon 5 producer which is why it sounds so different. The comments under the video don't seem to like it much either : \



I will be listening to some of their old stuff on the car ride to work tomorrow now though! :D
Image

User avatar
SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON
Posts: 8123
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:27 pm
Location: TABN

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Postby SHEAKENBAKEN » Wed May 16, 2018 10:42 pm

Fish Tacos wrote:Let me know what you guys think. For me it's actually kinda bad. I reached the end of the song with no recollection of the tune at all. People are saying it was made with the Maroon 5 producer which is why it sounds so different. The comments under the video don't seem to like it much either : \



I will be listening to some of their old stuff on the car ride to work tomorrow now though! :D

I made it 52 seconds in before stopping.

:smashcomp
Image

User avatar
Ubik
Bachelor Daddy
Posts: 3479
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:12 pm

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Postby Ubik » Wed May 16, 2018 10:53 pm

I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure.
In another life
In another place...

User avatar
AB4Lyfe
Achilles
Posts: 5195
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:17 pm
Location: My 'Fortress' is in Seattle, WA

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Postby AB4Lyfe » Thu May 17, 2018 12:04 am

Fuck that was terribad, RIP Hoobastank
Image

User avatar
SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON
Posts: 8123
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:27 pm
Location: TABN

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Postby SHEAKENBAKEN » Thu May 17, 2018 9:35 am

Going to see Deadpool 2 tonight! :peace :rockon
Image

User avatar
AHart96
Rise Today
Posts: 3492
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:16 pm
Location: Long Island, New York

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Postby AHart96 » Thu May 17, 2018 10:08 am

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:Going to see Deadpool 2 tonight! :peace :rockon

Same! Doing an Infinity War/Deadpool 2 double-feature on my day off, should be a great time. Can’t wait :peace
Image

Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

Creed: 9/3/2012 Alter Bridge: 4/24/2014 Tremonti: 9/16/2015

Check out my band, "Formal Denial", on Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/formaldenialband/

User avatar
Fish Tacos
Burn It Down
Posts: 2666
Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:52 pm
Location: noʎ puᴉɥǝq ʇɥƃᴉɹ

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Postby Fish Tacos » Thu May 17, 2018 2:42 pm

I'm an idiot and quoted myself instead of editing this post
Last edited by Fish Tacos on Thu May 17, 2018 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image

User avatar
Fish Tacos
Burn It Down
Posts: 2666
Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:52 pm
Location: noʎ puᴉɥǝq ʇɥƃᴉɹ

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Postby Fish Tacos » Thu May 17, 2018 2:42 pm

Fish Tacos wrote:That sounds like a blast. Plan ahead with snacks! I'm hitting up a brazillian steakhouse with the gouchos that walk around and carve meat for you before seeing DP 2 tomorrow :D
Image

User avatar
zazthespaz
Kumar
Posts: 12477
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:12 am

Re: Moral of the story: don’t leave your drink on the ground

Postby zazthespaz » Fri May 18, 2018 12:13 am

At the Myles show tonight, some guy and his girlfriend kept backing up close to me to the extent my hand kept brushing the guy’s ass. Rather than look like a pervert and stand my ground, I moved over a few feet to the right where the view was actually better. I’m doing so, I knocked over a drink someone left on the floor and it audibly made a splashing sound. The guy turned around, looked at me, said “everything alright?” I tried to say I knocked over a drink but I don’t think he heard me and assumed I just puked all over the floor right behind him. He quickly ushered his girlfriend away while saying something about “fucking disgusting” and I just stood in my now wide open space enjoying the show while keeping an eye on him to make sure he wasn’t going to start a fight :lol
“Listen, I’m sorry I slept with your sister. Now put Mom on the phone.”

User avatar
Andy92
You Waste Your Time
Posts: 12957
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:52 pm

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Postby Andy92 » Fri May 18, 2018 12:19 am

Who leaves their drink on the floor in a GA standing area (I’m assuming)?

Worked out better for you though. :lol
Image

User avatar
gbruin
MEGLADONG
Posts: 6535
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:27 pm
Location: Highlands Ranch, CO

I used to just sing loudly and off-key in their ears.

Postby gbruin » Fri May 18, 2018 12:54 pm

Note to self: spill drink in puke-sounding fashion to clear annoying posers from standing GA pit area.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

User avatar
zazthespaz
Kumar
Posts: 12477
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:12 am

Re: Try to splash some on their legs

Postby zazthespaz » Fri May 18, 2018 1:17 pm

gbruin wrote:Note to self: spill drink in puke-sounding fashion to clear annoying posers from standing GA pit area.

Make sure it has ice in it for extra effect. I think that was the selling point.
“Listen, I’m sorry I slept with your sister. Now put Mom on the phone.”

User avatar
Fish Tacos
Burn It Down
Posts: 2666
Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:52 pm
Location: noʎ puᴉɥǝq ʇɥƃᴉɹ

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Postby Fish Tacos » Fri May 18, 2018 5:24 pm

At one of the Orlando shows it had been hours and I really needed to pee. AB was next up but I didn't want to give up my spot in the House of Blues. I strooooooongly considered trying to piss in a red solo cup with how densely packed it was. I'm pretty sure someone else already had and left the full cup on a railing.

So the moral of the story is, maybe you knocked over the loo.
Image

User avatar
Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle
Posts: 16032
Joined: Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:52 am
Location: Belgium シ

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Postby Timotheus » Fri May 18, 2018 6:30 pm

I always wondered how people would react if you'd pee in a cup during a show. I also always wondered about Bob's device to pee in public. Was it real? Was Bob real?
Image


Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests