The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Post by Ubik »

I feel like there should be a Mars landing every day, world would be better.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Crumbso
On The Rail

Re: *Promises to take a break...is back the next day*

Post by Crumbso »

maximzub wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:15 pmWhat I take from this is:
- Either she doesn't want to admit that she needs space, or she actually doesn't need space. Doesn't really matter which.
- She clearly doesn't see me as boyfriend material.
- She wants our "break" to me on my terms, which I don't like. She never did anything wrong, but I did, so it should be on her terms.
This conversation seems quite clear to me. She is feeling uncomfortable with your feelings and the way you have been acting and doesn't want to be close friends with you anymore. There are two statements here that I am very certain you are misinterpreting:

- 'Friends don't take breaks'
- 'I don't care how long the break is'

The first one is a tacit admission that she knows what your feelings for her are and that she does not reciprocate them. She is saying that people in relationships take breaks and you guys are not in a relationship. The second statement is saying that she most likely sees the distancing between you guys as permanent.

You're giving your conversations with her so much emotional weight and drama that it is making her uncomfortable. You have to respect this decision on her part and accept that. A relationship is a two-way street and if the feelings only go one way then it just isn't going to happen. Take a step back from your own feelings and empathise with how she must be feeling.

Obvs, I don't know you but the above is 100% what I would take away from the conversation. I'm sorry.

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

Ubik wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:40 pm I feel like there should be a Mars landing every day, world would be better.
I wonder if they'll get footage of launching the helicopter/drone? That would be really cool.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Crumbso wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:03 am I wonder if they'll get footage of launching the helicopter/drone? That would be really cool.
Yup, they've also got footage coming of the descent and landing from a bunch of go-pros they had stuck on, should be awesome!

maximzub
On The Rail

Re: *Promises to take a break...is back the next day*

Post by maximzub »

Crumbso wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:53 am
maximzub wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:15 pmWhat I take from this is:
- Either she doesn't want to admit that she needs space, or she actually doesn't need space. Doesn't really matter which.
- She clearly doesn't see me as boyfriend material.
- She wants our "break" to me on my terms, which I don't like. She never did anything wrong, but I did, so it should be on her terms.
This conversation seems quite clear to me. She is feeling uncomfortable with your feelings and the way you have been acting and doesn't want to be close friends with you anymore. There are two statements here that I am very certain you are misinterpreting:

- 'Friends don't take breaks'
- 'I don't care how long the break is'

The first one is a tacit admission that she knows what your feelings for her are and that she does not reciprocate them. She is saying that people in relationships take breaks and you guys are not in a relationship. The second statement is saying that she most likely sees the distancing between you guys as permanent.

You're giving your conversations with her so much emotional weight and drama that it is making her uncomfortable. You have to respect this decision on her part and accept that. A relationship is a two-way street and if the feelings only go one way then it just isn't going to happen. Take a step back from your own feelings and empathise with how she must be feeling.

Obvs, I don't know you but the above is 100% what I would take away from the conversation. I'm sorry.
I fully empathize with her. I intend to leave her alone for an indefinite time. Like I said, we'll have to interact in some form once the cast and live pit start practicing together for the musical on March 1.
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
I'm in love with somebody...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

It's also for yourself too. To keep putting yourself through emotional turmoil doesn't. Having to constantly second-guess what's going on beneath the surface of interactions is not going to do your mental health any favours. I'm sure that you can be polite to each other on your music practice.

Believe me, I know what it's like to have a bit of a crappy time at school. Your time to escape people's perceptions of you and your previous reputations will come.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

So, the NHL has decided to host two hockey games in Lake Tahoe. GBruin, you might get a kick out of this. One of them is the Colorado Avalanche vs the Vegas Golden Knights and here's the background of where the rink is at.

Pretty friken awesome setting to host a hockey game (even though there will be no crowds).

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

anguyen92 wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:24 pmDeleted
Quoted

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:03 pm
Quoted
Reported.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: But who?! 😱

Post by zazthespaz »

Timotheus wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:14 pm
SHEAKENBAKEN wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:03 pm
Quoted
Reported.
Banned.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Holy shit, emoji in the topic line. zaz levelling up before our eyes.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Yeah, even this one!

Post by zazthespaz »

Ubik wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:16 pm Holy shit, emoji in the topic line. zaz levelling up before our eyes.

I was so nervous! Didn’t know if it’d work! Now I fear I’ve blown my cover and the remaining 1% of people who don’t know I do that now have had their eyes cast up there and seen how I give subtext to every one of my posts!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

I did subconsciously try and keep it hidden by calling it the topic line, because I forgot its actual name even though the word is literally right there!

Also I feel like the 1% of our member base is probably Kev's dog.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

*emoji in the subject line*

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Had to post to make sure I wasnt the one who got banned in that quote train.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

That's Captain to you

Post by gbruin »

anguyen92 wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:25 pm So, the NHL has decided to host two hockey games in Lake Tahoe. GBruin, you might get a kick out of this. One of them is the Colorado Avalanche vs the Vegas Golden Knights and here's the background of where the rink is at.
Umm, yes, I am aware of this, and have been for several months (getting ready to put on my official Reverse Retro Landeskog jersey for the first time tomorrow morning that I have been saving for game day).
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I wished I got a Reverse Retro Kings Jersey. It's a great design. The Purple and Gold colors from the early days with the Chevy Logo from the Gretzky era. Sadly, I didn't have the money to spend back in December and it's now sold out. A few weeks back, my sister showed me a picture of her, her husband, and their baby son in their reverse retro jerseys. It looked nice.

Micky
On The Rail

The real captain is Gretzky but ok

Post by Micky »

gbruin wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:42 pm
anguyen92 wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:25 pm So, the NHL has decided to host two hockey games in Lake Tahoe. GBruin, you might get a kick out of this. One of them is the Colorado Avalanche vs the Vegas Golden Knights and here's the background of where the rink is at.
Umm, yes, I am aware of this, and have been for several months (getting ready to put on my official Reverse Retro Landeskog jersey for the first time tomorrow morning that I have been saving for game day).
I'm stoked for these games. I'm a Rangers fan, so I am having a miserable season, but I love when the NHL plays outdoor games. Go Avalanche!
Thanks Andy!

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Puck drop after breakfast, boys.

Post by gbruin »

Well, hopefully this second intermission is not as long as the first.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: so I can ban you too.

Post by zazthespaz »

Just disapproved a "San Diego Appliance repair" spam thread. So if any members here are from San Diego and in need of getting an appliance repaired, PM me.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says