The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
abw1987
Blood Machines

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Post by abw1987 »

AB4Lyfe wrote:I’m 23, right? Ok. So last week, my best friend and his wife had a baby, little (lol she’s like 10 lbs) Emma. First one of my actual friends to have a baby, and I was the Best Man at this wedding only a little over a year ago.

I have a second set of married friends; one whose wedding I was the minister for only six months ago. Taisha and Austin, they’re both awesome.

My best friend, Pat’s, baby arrived last Friday. Within a week, my friends Austin and Taisha told me that they are expecting a child as well.

So, two sets of married friends. One with a child, the other expecting a child. I haven’t been on an actual date in over two years. Am I...am I doing something wrong, or just doing life slower than they are?
You can't judge yourself by what others are doing. For some people, maybe it makes sense to get married and have children early. That doesn't mean you should; everyone has different circumstances. It would be worse to rush into parenthood when you're not ready than to have children late but be able to care for them properly. I'm 30, married, with no children. I have married friends with multiple kids, and other friends older than I who are still single. Everyone follows their own path.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Regifting is ok...

Post by gbruin »

Merry Christmas, TABN.

I've been working or sleeping for the last week, so I didn't have time to shop for you all, so I'm just rewrapping something from a previous holiday.

http://www.thealterbridgenation.com/for ... +christmas
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Shamelessly reminding everybody of one of your best posts ever :D Saw that you had to work last night. Hope you get to spend some time with the family.

Merry Christmas, Greg. And merry Gregmas, everybody!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

Have yourselves a merry little Gregmas, TABN!
Photobucket is responsible for my lack of signature today.

TABN Discord: https://discord.gg/sGXRGZ

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Merry Gregmas, TABN! :peace

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Did Santa Greg visit you last night?

Post by zazthespaz »

Merry Gregmas!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

abw1987
Blood Machines

Re: Regifting is ok...

Post by abw1987 »

gbruin wrote:Merry Christmas, TABN.

I've been working or sleeping for the last week, so I didn't have time to shop for you all, so I'm just rewrapping something from a previous holiday.

http://www.thealterbridgenation.com/for ... +christmas
Hall of Fame right there! Merry Christmas everyone.

Tigra
Isolated

Post by Tigra »

Hope you're having merry little Christmas :)

Was thinking about rock a lot because:
We're working on our kids from their earliest years ;)

But most of all I was thinking about poor Greg on duty:

Btw. the policy of rewrapping old gifts is very eco-friendly plus it gives some newbies an opportunity to read some awesome poetry :lol

I've just finished my binge Christmas eating. I feel like stuffed pig. I was drinking some vodka with my dad, just a little but I didn't manage to get even a little tipsy. Not at all. There was so much food that it seems my body didn't realize there was vodka in between.

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

Way to rub your kids in AB4Lyfe's face Tigra!

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Fish Tacos wrote:Way to rub your kids in AB4Lyfe's face Tigra!
Right? How inconsiderate...

I appreciate all the kind words about that, everybody. Definitely had more than a couple of beers when I was having those thoughts, but it wasn’t any less true. I’ve been struggling them as of late, but I’ll get past it. Always do.

Maybe I should consider talking to a girl...

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

^^ Eyy, I say enjoy your life, anyway you want it. You don't have to be in a relationship or married to enjoy life. I'm 25, as well. Got a decent paying job. Living in a city where I'm only 10-20 minutes away from a suitable venue where all my favorite bands could possibly play at. Playing World of Warcraft again and enjoying it.

I do not have the desire for romance and pursuing a relationship nowadays, especially, how the only person I did have those sorts of feelings shattered me mentally and emotionally when it comes to romance (in all fairness, she probably thinks the same about me in a negative way as well and rightfully so).

If only I can find a resolution with regards to these weird dreams I have at times when she's in it (nothing perverted or sexual), just a heap of awkwardness and a lot of ignoring each other's presence. It's not I actually want to be in a relationship with her nowadays because I know it would not work out in the end. I just think there could have been a better way to close that book and not that have that weird tension at the end.

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

^ There always is a way to close that book. Talk to her. Get it off your chest. Send her a message.

Everyone should live their life the way they want to, and sometimes people are just lucky enough to find the person that's right for them early on in their lives. I'm 25, and I've been living with my bf for almost 2 years now. To everyone else, we're practically married. My mom even calls him her son-in-law and tells everyone that we are married. But hey, who's to say I'd be less worthy if I had been single all this time? Either way, I'm still trying to figure myself out - it's just that with him I have better support along the way.

So, I don't think being in a relationship completes you in that way. Married, with a gf/bf or single, you are still an individual.
I say if you're feeling lonely, then sure, go talk to a girl. But if you're feeling fine the way you are and it's just sort of a peer pressure, then don't bother. Do your thing.
Photobucket is responsible for my lack of signature today.

TABN Discord: https://discord.gg/sGXRGZ

Tigra
Isolated

Post by Tigra »

AB4Lyfe wrote:
Seriously, guys?
If anybody felt offended then I am deeply sorry for hurting your feelings, especially in the Christmas time. I posted the photos because I thought the guitar and the ER ambulance in the context of this forum could be funny actually.

And just to put in my two cents' worth...
If anyone wanted to buy my kids on Dec 23rd or 24th, I would have happily added an incentive program as a bonus to the purchase like cleaning car or windows, doing shopping or whatever. I dreamed about tearing them into pieces. They were so naughty, so naughty that I started considering whether Baby Jesus shouldn’t perhaps bring them some coal instead of the tonnes of gifts that were waiting in the garage… For Christ’s sake… :facepalm

And guys, have you ever asked a parent what parenthood really is? It’s not about sweet babies you can see in tv ads or smiling toddlers playing on a carpet. It’s literally the end of the world as you know it. They bring so much joy and it’s hard to imagine my life without kids but honestly, nobody in the world is able to piss me off to a level my kids are able to achieve within seconds. And the constant feeling of responsibility and of guilt – do they eat healthy enough? Do I give them enough of my time, attention and energy? Did I choose the right school? Shouldn’t I enroll them to some additional courses? And always, always there is something you could do better.
And of course, no more freedom, no more socializing without having to organize somebody to take care of them, no more binge drinking, no more spontaneous ideas (at least they can’t be as spontaneous as before).
This is not a pastel pink-and-blue picture that I’ve just painted but this is the truth. Kids turn your world upside down and having them without really wanting them will bring anger, disappointment and frustration that “it doesn’t look like it was supposed to”.

So my recommendation would be: enjoy your life and freedom you have now, try various things and take care of yourself while you still can ;)
One more thing: I’ve always thought love is something that happens to people, not something you can decide on or not so just go on living your life and it will come sooner or later.

I read once that single people and people in relationships all dream sometimes they could be the other ones. It looks so attractive only from the distance. Everybody has their ups and downs, crises and family disasters...

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Tigra wrote:
AB4Lyfe wrote:
Seriously, guys?
If anybody felt offended then I am deeply sorry for hurting your feelings, especially in the Christmas time. I posted the photos because I thought the guitar and the ER ambulance in the context of this forum could be funny actually.

And just to put in my two cents' worth...
If anyone wanted to buy my kids on Dec 23rd or 24th, I would have happily added an incentive program as a bonus to the purchase like cleaning car or windows, doing shopping or whatever. I dreamed about tearing them into pieces. They were so naughty, so naughty that I started considering whether Baby Jesus shouldn’t perhaps bring them some coal instead of the tonnes of gifts that were waiting in the garage… For Christ’s sake… :facepalm

And guys, have you ever asked a parent what parenthood really is? It’s not about sweet babies you can see in tv ads or smiling toddlers playing on a carpet. It’s literally the end of the world as you know it. They bring so much joy and it’s hard to imagine my life without kids but honestly, nobody in the world is able to piss me off to a level my kids are able to achieve within seconds. And the constant feeling of responsibility and of guilt – do they eat healthy enough? Do I give them enough of my time, attention and energy? Did I choose the right school? Shouldn’t I enroll them to some additional courses? And always, always there is something you could do better.
And of course, no more freedom, no more socializing without having to organize somebody to take care of them, no more binge drinking, no more spontaneous ideas (at least they can’t be as spontaneous as before).
This is not a pastel pink-and-blue picture that I’ve just painted but this is the truth. Kids turn your world upside down and having them without really wanting them will bring anger, disappointment and frustration that “it doesn’t look like it was supposed to”.

So my recommendation would be: enjoy your life and freedom you have now, try various things and take care of yourself while you still can ;)
One more thing: I’ve always thought love is something that happens to people, not something you can decide on or not so just go on living your life and it will come sooner or later.

I read once that single people and people in relationships all dream sometimes they could be the other ones. It looks so attractive only from the distance. Everybody has their ups and downs, crises and family disasters...
Yeah, I think I speak for both us when I say we were being sarcastic :lol

Tigra
Isolated

Post by Tigra »

I can never be sure with you, you crazy freaks.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: everything I say I 100% mean

Post by zazthespaz »

Since when have we been sarcastic on this board?
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I thought we banned sarcasm after the soup incident.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: 2018: the year we form the TR clique.

Post by zazthespaz »

HAPPY NEW YEAR'S TABN TOTAL RANDOMERS!!!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Re: 2018: the year we form the TR clique.

Post by AB4Lyfe »

zazthespaz wrote:HAPPY NEW YEAR'S TABN TOTAL RANDOMERS!!!
NEW YEAR, NEW ME!!!!!!!!

-_-

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Merry new year all! Not long now until we can quietly forget our resolutions ever existed.
For all of the hope that it brings...