The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: "oh, well finish the solo first... that's pretty cool"

Post by zazthespaz »

abw1987 wrote:Tonight's episode of The Walking Dead is titled "Open Your Eyes". I won't be watching it live as I'm a few episodes behind but I just noticed that in the listings. Since so much of that show is set in the woods, I wonder what the odds are that someone will stumble across the guys standing on a smoky, burnt out wooded hill, playing OYE in black and white... until the chorus hits at least.
:lol "Guys, shut up! You're going to attract a horde of zombies!"
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Post by anguyen92 »

At the Toyota Arena in Ontario to see Lindsey Stirling’s Warmer in the Winter Christmas show. Two Christmas shows in this arena this month. This is the first one.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Was watching Tesla’s livestream of their new truck and when they tested the strength of the windows, the glass shattered lol
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Andy92 wrote:Was watching Tesla’s livestream of their new truck and when they tested the strength of the windows, the glass shattered lol
How did they not test that that would work first? :lol

Looks like they designed a time machine then forgot to include the time machine.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Ubik wrote:
Andy92 wrote:Was watching Tesla’s livestream of their new truck and when they tested the strength of the windows, the glass shattered lol
How did they not test that that would work first? :lol

Looks like they designed a time machine then forgot to include the time machine.
Something goofed for sure. Not sure if they installed the wrong glass in the windshields or what happened. They tested a piece of glass outside the truck, which worked, but it was clamped down the entire time. I think it’s the difference in how the glass responds while clamped down and cut in a rectangle vs. cut to fit the window hole and unclamped. Whole presentation fell flat after that. Elon was ticked and it seemed like it got cut short. They didn’t even show the interior during the live session.

As far as the truck’s design, I can’t decide if I’m following the popular opinion of “it’s freaking ugly” or if I’m following the sci-fi fan in me that says “that’s actually kinda cool.” :lol The vehicle reminds me more of an armored car/Hummer evolution than a truck though.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Andy92 wrote: Something goofed for sure. Not sure if they installed the wrong glass in the windshields or what happened. They tested a piece of glass outside the truck, which worked, but it was clamped down the entire time. I think it’s the difference in how the glass responds while clamped down and cut in a rectangle vs. cut to fit the window hole and unclamped. Whole presentation fell flat after that. Elon was ticked and it seemed like it got cut short. They didn’t even show the interior during the live session.

As far as the truck’s design, I can’t decide if I’m following the popular opinion of “it’s freaking ugly” or if I’m following the sci-fi fan in me that says “that’s actually kinda cool.” :lol The vehicle reminds me more of an armored car/Hummer evolution than a truck though.
Yeah someone definitely got sacked today :lol

I just can't get over the wheel arches. And someone compared the whole aesthetic to Lara Croft's boobs in the original Tomb Raider.

On the other hand, it's front page news!
For all of the hope that it brings...

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

I’m in the “it’s ugly as shit” category.

My co-worker has a better idea. Take the SUV that’s out there and cut the back off and turn it into a pickup bed.
Photobucket cash grab.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Has anyone stayed in a hostel hotel room before? I'm looking at hotel rooms in San Francisco and it looks like the cheapest rooms are those that take place in hostel, so I'm wondering what the experience is like compared to a regular hotel room?

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

You sleep with other people in the room. Lees comfortable but cheaper indeed.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I see. Yeah, I'm looking at nearby hotels at the Regency Ballroom and hostels look to be the only options that's going for under $50.00 (fees included) a night and that's probably going to be the case for all nights that I'm going to be staying in hotel rooms for this trip. I can only hope that the people I bunk with are friendly and will cause no issues. At least, most of the hotels are rated around 3.5-4 stars. That should all right, right?

Edit: On another note, why is Spokane hotels near the Knitting Factory the most expensive per night out of the bunch? Is it because there are no hostels nearby?

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

All right, it looks like I'm going to have a good Black Friday after all. My flights and hotels looks to cost under $700.00 which is what I was hoping for, but I need to confirm a few things with the hostels I am staying at before booking the flights.

All right, finished booking my flights and stay. $716.00 is the final price of hotel and stay. Not bad, I think. Spent $116.00 more on flights and hotels than what I did in the East Coast trip, but I'm staying more nights and taking more flights so it evens out.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

At the Toyota Arena in Ontario for the Trans-Siberian Orchestra show. This time I brought my family to the show.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: probs all the ladies swipin right on me on tinderrrrr

Post by zazthespaz »

Has anyone replaced an iPhone battery? I have no apps running on my phone and Bluetooth turned off, and it still loses battery life when I’m not using it. My battery is down to 76% life from when I bought it, but I’m wondering if replacing the battery will fix the drain that happens when I’m not using the phone.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

gbruin
MEGLADONG

You can get swiped right for hours once again.

Post by gbruin »

zazthespaz wrote:Has anyone replaced an iPhone battery? I have no apps running on my phone and Bluetooth turned off, and it still loses battery life when I’m not using it. My battery is down to 76% life from when I bought it, but I’m wondering if replacing the battery will fix the drain that happens when I’m not using the phone.
I got mine replaced recently. The Apple Store charged nothing, it took less than an hour, and the battery life is like brand new and doesn't drain when just sitting around.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Re: I only get to swipe right 3 times per hour

Post by Andy92 »

I need mine replaced too. Closest Apple store just has to be 3 hours away...

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: I’ll bring you Christmas shopping while we wait.

Post by zazthespaz »

gbruin wrote:
zazthespaz wrote:Has anyone replaced an iPhone battery? I have no apps running on my phone and Bluetooth turned off, and it still loses battery life when I’m not using it. My battery is down to 76% life from when I bought it, but I’m wondering if replacing the battery will fix the drain that happens when I’m not using the phone.
I got mine replaced recently. The Apple Store charged nothing, it took less than an hour, and the battery life is like brand new and doesn't drain when just sitting around.
Good to know G - thanks! Didn’t know they did them for free. I’ve heard $25 so I’ll plan on that and hope to be surprised.
Andy92 wrote:I need mine replaced too. Closest Apple store just has to be 3 hours away...
Wanna come with me? It’s just another 3 hours further.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Only if they give me a free battery.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

I'll send you both my wish list.

Post by gbruin »

zazthespaz wrote:
gbruin wrote:
Good to know G - thanks! Didn’t know they did them for free. I’ve heard $25 so I’ll plan on that and hope to be surprised.
Andy92 wrote:I need mine replaced too. Closest Apple store just has to be 3 hours away...
Wanna come with me? It’s just another 3 hours further.
Mine was under warranty and apparently they had a bad batch of batteries because they seemed like they'd heard my story a lot.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

At the Observatory in Santa Ana for this Mongolian band called The Hu. Don’t know what to expect. Greatness or a flavor of a month? Let’s see.

Micky
On The Rail

Don't worry, I'm kidding Cam

Post by Micky »

Andy92 wrote:Only if they give me a free battery.
I'll pay for your new battery if you pay for pizza and wings. Cam ALWAYS sticks me with that bill :rolleyes
Thanks Andy!