The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Post by anguyen92 »

Well, my holiday season doesn't start until Friday. As people know, I'm going to San Francisco to see Metallica. On top of it, I need other things to do that I didn't do the last time I was there and I have a lot more free time to do these things. I just need to do some research. Already went to Pier 39, went to Lombard street, got Clam Chowder in a bread bowl. Need to do other stuff now.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Come on, flatus!

Post by gbruin »

UninvitedZero wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 6:25 pm Finally! After getting a new phone and being unable to login for months, I'm back and with a nasty story!

What a week it's been. Ate a big bacon cheeseburger on Saturday night and ended up in the ER later that night with the craziest stomach pains I've ever felt.
CAT scan revealed a bowel obstruction. By 8am Sunday, I'd had a 60 inch tube inserted through my nose and into my stomach. NOT FUN! Three and a half days of gastric suction and throat lozenges later, the tube was removed this morning (also not much fun) and I'm on a clear liquid diet... Jello and broth until further notice with no sign of leaving the hospital quite yet. Tomorrow would be great, Friday is more likely...

How the hell is everyone else's hap-hap-happy holiday season going?? :bored
Dang, yuck. Glad you're doing better. Stay out of bed and walk/move a lot.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Tis a Full Moon!

Post by MaraCarr »

WOW! Prayers UV! I hope you feel better soon! Sounds like you been through some hellacious circumstances! Hugs… feel better!

I just did 2 16 hour shifts back to back! The first 16 was pure hell… everything thing that could go wrong..did! Then I had to do 16 more!

But I did it! I finished the contract! 😊

Look out Myrtle Beach… Country Girl coming to Town!

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Graduation Day!

Post by MaraCarr »

What a great day I have planned! :yeahthat

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

All right, back at John Wayne airport. Heading to San Francisco. Let the vacation start now.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Go Kev!
Congrats Mara!
Get well soon UZ!
Welcome back Thrav!
For all of the hope that it brings...

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

All right, I’m back from the Metallica show. You know, I understand it when people say Metallica always delivers live and that few if any bands can outshine them live. They were excellent.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Okay, hold up. Metallica actually played Fixxxer?

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/metallic ... b35d4.html
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Yeah, I’m shocked too. Out of the Reload songs they could play, I’m surprised they pulled one they never played before.

Anywho heading to a Japanese restaurant to get omelette rice.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Here's my prediction for tomorrow's setlist. Since they went in album order yesterday, I thought they might do it again. But, they have to play Seek & Destroy, and it's not a good opener. Hardwired, on the other hand, is an awesome opener. So I think they might do it the other way around.

Some of these are long shots, but if they played Fixxxer, then anything is possible.

Hardwired
Cyanide
St. Anger
Minus Human
Whiskey In The Jar
Fuel
Wasting My Hate
Enter Sandman
The Unforgiven
Eye Of The Beholder
To Live Is To Die
The Thing That Should Not Be
Master Of Puppets
For Whom The Bell Tolls
Fade To Black
Seek & Destroy
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: zaz's verbatim Christmas letter/card.

Post by zazthespaz »

gbruin wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:54 pm
zazthespaz wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 6:07 pm I'm flying into Denver for a layover, but my flight keeps getting delayed so I'll have to spend the night there. Guess who's conveniently out of town!?
Interestingly (or maybe not), U.C.L.A.'s basketball team got stuck in Denver that same night.
That is interesting!
Fun story from that night: I was out in Boise for my Grandmother's funeral (a couple days short of 99, Covid got her, but she had a good life and put up a good fight) and we were flying to Denver on the same flight as my Uncle who was then flying to South Dakota. He was going to miss his connecting flight too, but was going to rent a car to drive back to SD from Denver. We got to Denver around 9:30-10pm, said goodbye, and split ways from my Uncle. United was giving my parents and I separate hotel rooms for the delayed flight, so my parents and I went to the hotel to check in. There was a line at the hotel of about 10 groups who were in the same situation so it took about 30 minutes before we could check in, but we eventually we did. I got my key, went to my room around 11pm and sent my dad a text letting him know if things didn't work out for my uncle, I had a spare bed he could use. I took a shower, watched some TV, and fell asleep around midnight. Key point to my story: I slept naked. We didn't get our bags since they were still in transit to Houston, and I didn't feel like sleeping in my underwear since there was a good chance I would be in them for the entire next day. 12:30am comes and my heater is dying down allowing me to hear the last ring of my in-room phone. I obviously miss it, check my cell phone to see if my parents were trying to get in touch with me (they weren't), and lay down and try to fall back asleep. 5 minutes pass and all of a sudden I hear a key go in my door and it opens a bit - I fortunately put the physical lock on (always do this in a hotel) so whoever was opening it couldn't get in, but my adrenaline surged and I yelled a strong "HEY" and got a "Hey" back. I'm laying in bed naked at this point dead tired, wondering if I'm going to have to fight an intruder, but I grab my towel and go to the door and look in the peephole to see if they're still there. They are, but fortunately it's my uncle. My dad told him what room number I was in and the front desk gave him a key apparently. I let him in and he caught me up on how he couldn't rent a one-way car to Fargo (fair enough) and needed a bed. I let him in and he fell right asleep; I however still had adrenaline surging through my veins and didn't fall asleep until after 2am, only to be awoken at 3:15 so we could catch a shuttle to the airport for our 5:30am flight. Anyway, that's the non-sexual story of how my uncle broke into my hotel room while I was naked so he could sleep with me. Flying to Ohio tomorrow to spend Christmas with Summer, hope none of the above happens again.

Fun fact about my layover in Denver - saw my first weed dispensary and it shared the same parking lot as a 7-11. Idk who was there first but that is probably the smartest set-up between businesses I've ever seen :lol

Uninvited Zero - hope you're feeling better! And if you're not, hope you're feeling better by Christmas!

Kev, why is soup in a bread bowl something worth mentioning in SF? Panera does that for an extra buck.
(genuinely curious - my family lives in the SF area and if there's a good enough reason, maybe I'll give it a shot)
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

The pros and cons of people coming from all over the world to see Metallica.

Pro: everyone is going the same way and bus route to the arena so everyone is not alone.

Con: there’s a lot of people doing that which can lead to a overloaded bus.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

All right. The last meal in San Francisco. Crab cake crepes.

Much like the last time I took a plane home. The flight is delayed by another 30 minutes.

Edit: All right, I made it home in one piece despite the delay and everything.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Glad you had a good time Kev.

Sorry to hear about your grandmother zaz, but that is a very solid age to get to. Hope you're avoiding brandishing yourself naked to innocent folk over the holiday (sidebar, misread at first and thought you'd gone to the door nude using the towel as a weapon, glad your one was the real one!)

Also Kev, what's the answer to zaz's q about the bread bowl? Still blows my mind that bread bowls exist. A BOWL OF BREAD.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Oh, I didn't get a bread bowl this time around. My stomach was stuffed to the brim already on Saturday and I feel like having a bread bowl would upset the balance. I mean there's a chain, Boudin, that sells them. There's a Boudin near me that sells bread bowl. I presume what makes the bread bowl different in San Francisco is that the clams they get for the chowder is more fresh? No idea.

I did order some pretty all right stuff. Tonkatsu curry with an omelet on top of rice at this Japanese restaurant near Golden Gate Park.

On the last day of the trip, I ordered Crabcakes Crepe and a Blintz. I love crepes and the fact that you can stuff a crabcake mix in them is just fantastic concept. Pretty expensive though. That dish costed $17.00 alone. About $28.00 overall with the Blintz.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Merry Xmas, TABN!

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Never Judge a Book by it’s Cover!

Post by MaraCarr »

anguyen92 wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 9:59 pm The pros and cons of people coming from all over the world to see Metallica.

Pro: everyone is going the same way and bus route to the arena so everyone is not alone.

Con: there’s a lot of people doing that which can lead to a overloaded bus.
Yes exactly! I was lucky enough in Kentucky to accidentally be on board the”Blackened Bus”… if you judged it by its exterior… you would avoid it at all costs for fear of possible kidnapping and death. Fortunately for me…I met a frequent rider named Ivan in the hotel lobby and got the inside scoop! The inside of the party bus was phenomenal! :) best ride at “LTL”! Unforgettable Time with Dedicated and Loyal Metallica Fans!

There are no words for experiencing Metallica LIVE…

Glad you made it home safe! ;)

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Murder Beach

Post by MaraCarr »

Well it has taken me a week to get my emotions in check from leaving my last assignment. The cards and gifts and love was so appreciated but made me so emotional… the older I get the harder it is to travel. I get so attached! :(

I am heading to North Myrtle Beach next week and I’m very uneasy and nervous about it! I’m looking forward to the ocean view every morning and exploring the area …but… just knowing I’m an outsider going in as the team leader is always hard for a few weeks! :(

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Literally always thought Kev's avatar was his own dog, so seeing it out in the wild of the internet today was like a glitch in the Matrix.