The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Post by TenaciousBe »

Hey, it's hot up there on stage. Besides, gotta show off them gains, bro.
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Vent, Support, Laugh, Question, Ramble, anything...

Post by gbruin »

maximzub wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:22 am So goodbye Total Randomness Thread.
Hey max, don't leave the Randomness Thread. This place is awesome and you're among friends. When you feel like you're missing something that seemed like it mattered more than anything else, this thread in particular will remind you that even in this crazy random world that you're a lot like everyone else, and everyone else is a lot like you, and what's going on right now is entirely normal and common and sucky and harsh and important and ultimately very very necessary to get to where you need to go. As you tagged your posts, "We all fall sometimes...". And if you consider that in a vacuum, it should actually be very comforting and reassuring.

Hang in there, dude. You'll be absolutely fine.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I dreamed last night I was in a band called Rock 'n Robot.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

I've gone to the gym with cameron guys, and his bare arms are bigger than any of the bare arms on that old TABN pic. He makes Dwayne Johnson look about as muscular as a marshmallow.
Thanks Andy!

maximzub
On The Rail

Re: Vent, Support, Laugh, Question, Ramble, anything...

Post by maximzub »

gbruin wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:09 am
Hey max, don't leave the Randomness Thread. This place is awesome and you're among friends. When you feel like you're missing something that seemed like it mattered more than anything else, this thread in particular will remind you that even in this crazy random world that you're a lot like everyone else, and everyone else is a lot like you, and what's going on right now is entirely normal and common and sucky and harsh and important and ultimately very very necessary to get to where you need to go. As you tagged your posts, "We all fall sometimes...". And if you consider that in a vacuum, it should actually be very comforting and reassuring.

Thanks! I changed my mind. I won't be on any of the forums much anyway since I'm now trying to focus more on school, but I'm not going to completely leave this thread.

By the way, things are improving again. Yesterday we had a torturous 8-hour practice for the musical, and my voice is really shot. On top of that, it was hard not to stare at Anna while I was backstage (both because she's attractive and because she's a really good musician, which always interests me). So at the end of practice, there came a time when all the older kids had left (we are the oldest of the non-drivers), and we were the only two left waiting. I was already softly crying from being tired physically and emotionally, and I decided to just say, "I'm sorry, Anna." (If you don't remember, Anna is not her real name.) She responded by saying it's a part of the past and that she's feeling better. While I know this is not an invitation to immediately go back to the levels of friendship we had in sophomore year, it's a sign that we could go there sometime soon. I can even imagine us laughing about our current situation! "Remember that time when I had a crush on you and you didn't like me back?"
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

Crumbso
On The Rail

Re: Vent, Support, Laugh, Question, Ramble, anything...

Post by Crumbso »

maximzub wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:24 pm
gbruin wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:09 am

Thanks! I changed my mind. I won't be on any of the forums much anyway since I'm now trying to focus more on school, but I'm not going to completely leave this thread.

By the way, things are improving again. Yesterday we had a torturous 8-hour practice for the musical, and my voice is really shot. On top of that, it was hard not to stare at Anna while I was backstage (both because she's attractive and because she's a really good musician, which always interests me). So at the end of practice, there came a time when all the older kids had left (we are the oldest of the non-drivers), and we were the only two left waiting. I was already softly crying from being tired physically and emotionally, and I decided to just say, "I'm sorry, Anna." (If you don't remember, Anna is not her real name.) She responded by saying it's a part of the past and that she's feeling better. While I know this is not an invitation to immediately go back to the levels of friendship we had in sophomore year, it's a sign that we could go there sometime soon. I can even imagine us laughing about our current situation! "Remember that time when I had a crush on you and you didn't like me back?"
Please don't feel that my comments are or were meant in any way other than trying to help. Quite often, overthinking things leaves you with a less clear picture of what is actually going on than if you just take things at face value.

Like Gbruin says, you're in a friendly space here so post as much as you want. High school is a confusing and tumultuous time but it is ultimately a tiny portion of your whole life, so don't sweat things too much.

In my opinion, If you want to be friends with this girl then just back it off a bit and enjoy the organic conversations that happen when you're together, leave the social media be for a bit and let her contact you via text/email/whatever young people are using these days (damn I'm getting older :facepalm :lol ). Any relationship worth its salt is based on positivity, focus on the positive interactions and minimise long overly-though-out text-based messaging (trust me I did enough of these in my first relationships and it rarely helps). This will help yourself figure out if this is just infatuation with Anna based on looks and talent or if there really is something in your interactions that can lead to a healthy relationship.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Crumbso wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:06 pm Please don't feel that my comments are or were meant in any way other than trying to help. Quite often, overthinking things leaves you with a less clear picture of what is actually going on than if you just take things at face value.
No, I get that you were trying to help. I took some time to realize that you were right, but then I had to admit it once I did realize.
Crumbso wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:06 pm Like Gbruin says, you're in a friendly space here so post as much as you want. High school is a confusing and tumultuous time but it is ultimately a tiny portion of your whole life, so don't sweat things too much.
The goodbye was more or less motivated by the following:
1. I wanted to stay off the girl topic finally (everybody that knows me personally knows that once I have a crush on someone, they're all I talk about for a while)
2. I need to take a break from Internet because of school.
Crumbso wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:06 pm In my opinion, If you want to be friends with this girl then just back it off a bit and enjoy the organic conversations that happen when you're together, leave the social media be for a bit and let her contact you via text/email/whatever young people are using these days (damn I'm getting older :facepalm :lol ). Any relationship worth its salt is based on positivity, focus on the positive interactions and minimise long overly-though-out text-based messaging (trust me I did enough of these in my first relationships and it rarely helps). This will help yourself figure out if this is just infatuation with Anna based on looks and talent or if there really is something in your interactions that can lead to a healthy relationship.
I think I should define the levels of our interaction (both those that happened and those that are possible in the future):

Level 0: No interaction whatsoever. Not even saying hi or making eye contact. Since we met, the only time we ever did this was during the week when she said she needed space. After that week, we eased into Level 1.
Level 1: Occasional conversations and texts. This was the case from the start of the shutdown last March until December, when we moved into Level 2 again. At this level I would start calling us friends.
Level 2: Conversations and texts are more than occasional. This was the case from when we met until the shutdown last March. It was also the case from December when we started interacting more, until mid-January when I developed feelings for her. At this level she would start calling us friends.
Level 2.5: Level 2 but we start hanging out outside of school. Since she's a girl, I could call it "friend-dating". We have not done so yet.
Level 3: Excessive interaction. This was the case from when I started liking her as more than a friend to when she asked for space. We texted almost every day, and at school we talked every chance we could get (after AP Stats and after school). This ended when I recognized that it was becoming excessive, and I asked if I was pushing her boundaries. I do not want to ever return to this level.
Level 100: Dating. I named it Level 100 because it's so far out of reach. This is Level 2.5 but when we make it clear that we're both interested in pursuing a romantic relationship.

After her final rejection, I was fully prepared to enter Level 0 again, but after yesterday's crying episode when she comforted me, I expect we should be good at Level 1. Then we'll see in a couple months if she's okay with moving to Level 2 or even Level 2.5.

When I say texting, I mean Instagram messaging. That's where all our not-in-person socializing is. I never asked for her phone number, and to be honest, I don't ask for people's phone numbers anymore because why not just text and call on Instagram? You can even tell if they've seen your messages.

When you say lead to a healthy relationship: It's more about switching back from an unhealthy relationship to a healthy relationship. We already were good friends from the beginning, and even once we fell back to Level 1, it was still healthy interactions (minus some bumps in the road...these might have been early signs that I liked her). It only became unhealthy once I started leaning on her too much for emotional support, and especially did once I started overdoing our interactions. I think she might have even been less upset about me having feelings for her if only I was more direct and not too pushy. Still, I get that she's not looking for a romantic relationship, since she has never had a crush on anybody, nor has anyone liked her the way I did (at least that's what she tells me).

I know (and my parents know) that this was not simply a crush based on looks or talent. We had common interests in math and music that served as the topics of our interactions most of the time. I always regarded her as attractive, but never really paid close attention to that since I was crushing on other girls. It's only when I got over those girls that I realized: 1) that we really clicked, and 2) she is really attractive! This led me to entertain the idea of pursuing her romantically. Had I pursued somebody else, we could have stayed friends as always.

Sorry for the scattered response, I'm in a rush because I have math homework to do.
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

gbruin
MEGLADONG

But I'm afraid Jim Cantore is gonna be disappointed

Post by gbruin »

In typical Colorado late winter fashion, Denver is either about to get 2-3 feet of snow this weekend, or we're gonna get 6 inches.

It pleases me that everyone here is rooting for the 3 feet. We enjoy that sort of thing.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: How to get an F- in "Mad Libs"

Post by zazthespaz »

gbruin wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:39 pm In typical Colorado late winter fashion, Denver is either about to get 2-3 feet of snow this weekend, or we're gonna get 6 inches.

It pleases me that everyone here is rooting for the 3 feet. We enjoy that sort of thing.
Good luck G! Hope you're not working! (nothing worse than getting stuck at work due to snow)

I think the spammers are competing for worst thread title. We may have a winner: "Scrotal cortisol negotiations water accepted this."
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: "You answered 'Pepe the Frog' for 10 opened ended questions?"

Post by zazthespaz »

Just took an online midterm (got an A - woo!) and can't help but wonder what the ethics are of me streaming the process on Twitch, and getting viewer input :lol
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Snowed in at home = fun. Snowed in at work = miserable.

Post by gbruin »

zazthespaz wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 1:04 pm
gbruin wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:39 pm In typical Colorado late winter fashion, Denver is either about to get 2-3 feet of snow this weekend, or we're gonna get 6 inches.

Good luck G! Hope you're not working! (nothing worse than getting stuck at work due to snow)

I think the spammers are competing for worst thread title. We may have a winner: "Scrotal cortisol negotiations water accepted this."
Unfortunately I'm working every morning through Monday. The storm slowed and arrived late so it just started snowing as I left on Saturday evening. I got the joy of getting up over an hour early due to daylight savings time this morning and for the extra slow drive back in. I'm pretty sure I can get back home this afternoon but have a bag of clothes and food and books in case I can't get out, because I work again at 10am tomorrow.

Of course, patients have had no problem getting here today - no matter what the reason - so I presume I can make it home...

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

Currently have a class called Communication Disorders and all of the homework is group work. We were assigned groups the first day of class. Me and this girl Blair have been doing all the work because every week the other 2 don't "have time" and were talking about how good their grade was in the class. I asked them to participate more and they said "What more would you like us to do?" Uh...I don't know, the work?

So, this week I sent an email to the professor because these girls sent us pictures of themselves at the beach while we were doing the work and they were reaping the benefits and that Blair and I have been doing all of it, so the professor said if they dont participate from this point forward they'll get a 0.

I hate group projects in college. This always happens.
Thanks Andy!

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: AND BOBBY AND CAMERON SUFFER.

Post by zazthespaz »

Micky wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:35 am Currently have a class called Communication Disorders and all of the homework is group work. We were assigned groups the first day of class. Me and this girl Blair have been doing all the work because every week the other 2 don't "have time" and were talking about how good their grade was in the class. I asked them to participate more and they said "What more would you like us to do?" Uh...I don't know, the work?

So, this week I sent an email to the professor because these girls sent us pictures of themselves at the beach while we were doing the work and they were reaping the benefits and that Blair and I have been doing all of it, so the professor said if they dont participate from this point forward they'll get a 0.

I hate group projects in college. This always happens.
You have to appreciate the irony of two of your teammates not communicating well in a "Communication Disorders" class though! :lol

I feel ya, always hated them in undergrad, still hate them in graduate school. I'm on a team of 6 and one guy missed two meetings in a row, the second one with no message to us. After not hearing from him for a few days, I reached out to the prof to find out if he was still taking the class and she said she'd look into it. It's been over a week and she hasn't answered (although she checked to see if I'd heard from him) and our group is wondering if we need to cover this guy's part of the project. I get the application of "you'll be working in teams in the real world," but in the real world, there are immediate consequences that aren't applied in the school setting.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I remember doing a group project back in college. I recall one guy that was the main organizer, in all of this, that personally called me and asked about one person that was not doing her part and he asked me should we do about it. I told him, just keep hassling her about it and, eventually, we were able to get the project and presentation done without issues.

That stated, it was a class that everyone in the accounting department hated because they hated the teacher. I think only half the class passed that course, because the class after that one, it was like barely half full. That last class in the accounting program was a fun one. Great teacher. Great group project, that required us to use Access in a lot of ways, that took the length of the quarter and everyone contributed to the group project in a major way and the teacher loved our presentation.

I really wished I took only 3 courses rather than 4 that quarter. It wouldn't affected me in completing my program and I would have had a lot of focus in my other three courses, especially forensic accounting, which I grew to really like. Only got a B+ in that course, but had I taken 4 courses instead of 3, I would have passed that course with an A. Don't know why I decided I wanted to take another tax course.
zazthespaz wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:06 pm Just took an online midterm (got an A - woo!) and can't help but wonder what the ethics are of me streaming the process on Twitch, and getting viewer input :lol
Just imagine your teacher randomly watching Twitch and found you and thought, "Is that Cameron? Why is the stream titled taking midterms on stream?"

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Snowed in at home = fun. Snowed in at work = miserable.

Post by MaraCarr »

gbruin wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:20 pm

Unfortunately I'm working every morning through Monday. The storm slowed and arrived late so it just started snowing as I left on Saturday evening. I got the joy of getting up over an hour early due to daylight savings time this morning and for the extra slow drive back in. I'm pretty sure I can get back home this afternoon but have a bag of clothes and food and books in case I can't get out, because I work again at 10am tomorrow.

Of course, patients have had no problem getting here today - no matter what the reason - so I presume I can make it home...
My cousin lives close to Denver. Her mom lives in Pueblo... I love them very much. Good people! My cousin is a CPA so she has the gift of working from home when the weather gets aggressive! She sent me pics of the beautiful snow! Hopefully you get to stay in a warm place while admiring the beautiful scenery! :)

Don’t work to hard! Hugs

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Winter here lasts 3 days at a time for 4 or 5 times a year.

Post by gbruin »

MaraCarr wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:16 pm
gbruin wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 4:20 pm

My cousin lives close to Denver. Her mom lives in Pueblo... I love them very much. Good people! My cousin is a CPA so she has the gift of working from home when the weather gets aggressive! She sent me pics of the beautiful snow! Hopefully you get to stay in a warm place while admiring the beautiful scenery! :)

Don’t work to hard! Hugs
Thanks! The drive home through the blizzard on Sunday afternoon was quite "exciting" (I have a rugged old 4-Runner that is awesome in the snow and it was still a sketchy ride home) but we got through Monday, and then in true Denver fashion, it was sunny and 50 and beautiful on Tuesday and the roads were clear by the end of the day.

Mara, where's your cousin live? We also spend a lot of time in Pueblo b/c my wife is from there and has about 5,000 relatives there.

Micky
On The Rail

It's totally not Andy, though

Post by Micky »

I always fall asleep when in mid-conversation with Andy and I feel bad. Not sure if that says something about his conversational skills or my friendship skills, but either way I should probably go see a doctor to find out why I'm so tired.
Thanks Andy!

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

Hey G...to answer your question. My cousin lives in Broomsfield. She is always sending me the most beautiful pics of her yard surrounded by mountains. She and her mom want me to take a contract in Colorado and I havent yet. but as promised ... I will in the summer months. LOL. I am not a good driver in snow. trust me ...I have tried...and failed. If I was driving a tank in the snow..It would still be ugly. LOL

My Aunt who is 82 wants me to stay with her and take me to the Elks Lodge, she lives alone and drives herself every Tuesday night. She is the funniest and sweetest of them all. Wild one! :) I love her!

Micky...Narcolepsy ;)

gbruin
MEGLADONG

And zaz will never come out here to bother you in person!

Post by gbruin »

MaraCarr wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:27 pm Hey G...to answer your question. My cousin lives in Broomsfield. She is always sending me the most beautiful pics of her yard surrounded by mountains. She and her mom want me to take a contract in Colorado and I havent yet. but as promised ... I will in the summer months. LOL. I am not a good driver in snow. trust me ...I have tried...and failed. If I was driving a tank in the snow..It would still be ugly. LOL

My Aunt who is 82 wants me to stay with her and take me to the Elks Lodge, she lives alone and drives herself every Tuesday night. She is the funniest and sweetest of them all. Wild one! :) I love her!

Micky...Narcolepsy ;)
Nice! You'd love it out here. The mountains are great fun in the summertime. Broomfield is on the opposite side of Denver from me but it's pretty similar to my town in that we're both basically on the edges of the Denver metro area so we're not as citified as the areas between us with lots of open space and great views.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

I’m watching a 2006 AB show i attended, on YouTube

15 years ago, i hate that.