The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
zazisaspaz
On The Rail

Re: "This one goes out to Kev - here's 'White Knuckles'"

Post by zazisaspaz »

anguyen92 wrote:
zazthespaz wrote:
anguyen92 wrote:I mean. I wouldn't say no if I get invited, but please note that I am uber-awkward at weddings. Even more awkward than if you meet me in person at an AB show.
What if Andy plays Alter Bridge during the reception?
Well, I can't honestly say no to that, now can I?

I would be a horrible dancer. Probably be worst than Elaine from Seinfeld.

On another note, I just got back from Target to get some cough drops. The line wasn't even as long as I thought it was going to be. Now I'm sitting here at home enjoying this epic Beyond Cali Burrito from Del Taco. This is fine.
Hahaha you haven’t seen Cameron dance. It’s one of the happiest sights ever.
Also, that sounds like a great day
Timotheus wrote:I'll do a drunk version of Wonderful Life.
Please!!

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: Did you have to get the Cheeto orange paint though? Garfield blends right in.

Post by Inconquerable »

zazthespaz wrote:I keep telling you, you took them when you moved out with Garfield - they were on the same key chain as the Lamborghini keys you took.
I always forget, I'm too busy looking at these sweet sweet Lambo keys.

And yes I'd be at that TABN wedding!!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Post by anguyen92 »

So I found that my work is letting us work at home in light of these recent events and these dark times. The problem is, in light of a merger I mentioned last year, and certain things happening after the merger is now solidified last month, I find myself in a position where I do not want to work there anymore. It has nothing to do with me disliking my boss or my co-workers or the pay or the workload. It just mainly comes down to the fact that with so many people coming and going (mainly going) in light of this merger, I feel like I'm not getting as much support or encouragement as I used to have like a year or two ago.

It seems like nowadays, the atmosphere in the office seems a bit too tense, especially when that time comes for us to get laid off because our positions are expendable in a couple of months, or passive-aggressive and the fact that no one around us really wants to talk things out regards to any major issues in our work environment. This leads to me hearing all of this in the background which is making me too bummed out and I'm at that point of feeling the lack of motivation to keep going.

I'm at a loss of where to go now. This is my first job ever and I don't want to be that person to let anyone like my boss or my co-workers down by bailing.

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: I should consider my own advice. =\

Post by Inconquerable »

You have to do what's right for you at the end of the day. As long as you do it the right way and give them notice, then you've done nothing wrong. If this job is going to negatively impact your mental wellbeing, then you need to get out and find something else. Don't worry about your bosses and co-workers, they will find someone else, you know to take care of yourself.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Plus corona and all that, you're better off learning how to cook human meat anyway.

Post by zazthespaz »

anguyen92 wrote:So I found that my work is letting us work at home in light of these recent events and these dark times. The problem is, in light of a merger I mentioned last year, and certain things happening after the merger is now solidified last month, I find myself in a position where I do not want to work there anymore. It has nothing to do with me disliking my boss or my co-workers or the pay or the workload. It just mainly comes down to the fact that with so many people coming and going (mainly going) in light of this merger, I feel like I'm not getting as much support or encouragement as I used to have like a year or two ago.

It seems like nowadays, the atmosphere in the office seems a bit too tense, especially when that time comes for us to get laid off because our positions are expendable in a couple of months, or passive-aggressive and the fact that no one around us really wants to talk things out regards to any major issues in our work environment. This leads to me hearing all of this in the background which is making me too bummed out and I'm at that point of feeling the lack of motivation to keep going.

I'm at a loss of where to go now. This is my first job ever and I don't want to be that person to let anyone like my boss or my co-workers down by bailing.
Inconquerable wrote:You have to do what's right for you at the end of the day. As long as you do it the right way and give them notice, then you've done nothing wrong. If this job is going to negatively impact your mental wellbeing, then you need to get out and find something else. Don't worry about your bosses and co-workers, they will find someone else, you know to take care of yourself.
^This. And if you're working for a business, when it boils down to it, the head honchos (not necessarily your direct boss) see you as a number and will cut you from the payroll without batting an eye. Especially during a merger. If you can find a position that will treat you better or leave you feeling better about your personal situation, always take it. The economy isn't meant for people to stay in a position for 20+ years anymore and everyone knows it. So feel free to move around and find what's right for you, especially now at your age. It's better to find what works best for you now when you don't have anyone depending on you and settle into the job that is right for you (after experimenting) when you have dependents.
For what it's worth, I graduated from college 8 years ago. In that time, I worked one job where I enjoyed the culture but not the work, 2 jobs where the work was in line with what I wanted but the pay wasn't, got laid off, and now am at a job where I am comfortable with my salary and location. (Work stands to be improved, but overall I'm trending upwards) That's 4 jobs in 8 years - one every 2 years. Don't feel like you have to stick at a job to meet some imaginary timeline. Life's too short to live it for someone else, especially in corporate America.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

I'd be at the TABN wedding

This virus thing is crazy. My job isn't closing, but reducing hours, and Joella's job is closing early, and potentially closing permanently next week until further notice. We aren't as concerned with the virus itself as we are with how we are going to pay our bills, etc.
Thanks Andy!

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Micky wrote:I'd be at the TABN wedding

This virus thing is crazy. My job isn't closing, but reducing hours, and Joella's job is closing early, and potentially closing permanently next week until further notice. We aren't as concerned with the virus itself as we are with how we are going to pay our bills, etc.
My work is closed until April 1st, at least. Because I’m in “Management” they’ll allow me to “work from home” and collect my normal pay check. But my trainers are only getting 1-week or full pay as of now... Worried about what will happen if this goes on longer.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Im hoping my work closes down soon so I can stay at home but they just sent out a memo today saying they have no intention of closing down during this whole thing so welp.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Stay at home, eat and exercise well, don't hoard, use social media to stay connected.

Post by gbruin »

Heart breaks for what this world, especially Italy, is going through.

Please be safe and healthy, everyone.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

I'm sure it's the same for you guys elsewhere, but it's a bizarre atmosphere at the moment - the "calm before the storm" cliche is rolled out a lot, but in this case it feels close to the mark. The normally overloaded train to work in the morning is now a quarter full at best, but there's still large groups playing football in the park like normal. Entire floors of the office are basically empty, but I've still got the annoying guy that sits next to me telling me about what he plans to eat over the weekend (no option to work from home for me, unfortunately). Our death toll each day is basically tracking Italy's at the same point.

To make it all the better, our department was supposed to be transferring to another company within the month, and I was supposed to be re-entering the job market at that point... gotta love how events look at your plans and laugh.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Mr. Slash
On The Rail

Post by Mr. Slash »

Ubik wrote: but there's still large groups playing football in the park like normal.
Yeah, similar picture here in Germany. Germany is basically the only central European country which did not completely shut down and people show their "thankfulness" by partying in bigger groups. Yesterday the police in Cologne sent around 600 people home who spent their spare time having fun by the river without really caring for social distancing. Especially younger people don't give a shit about the dangers of spreading the virus. Well, at least Bavaria decided to shut down, in my opinion the rest of Germany should take this step as well. People are obviously too dumb or too ignorant to deserve freedom choice during such a pandemic.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Well, three days into working at home. It's not bad. At least, I get to be with my parents around more. I'm saving gas money. I do think I get a lot more stuff done since it's more quiet around here.

That stated, I find it ironic, for me personally, 10-15 years ago, if you told me that I get to stay at home and not go to school or do anything else until further notice, I would all for it. Kick back, play more WoW, etc. Now as a working adult, I find myself wanting to have that chance to get outside more. In fact, that's why I choose going to concerts as my hobby. It's basically my only outlet to socialize with a community and be out there talking with people that I, as an introvert, do not have many interests in doing much, talking to people in person. Now it's being threaten due to the pandemic.

Next concert for me is FFDP/Papa Roach/I Prevail/Ice Nine Kills in late April. Surprised it's not canceled yet, but I think they along with other bands like AB are just waiting until Live Nation/other promoters deems that the tours cannot go on. Have a lot of shows planned in May, but that's in jeopardy. One of them is Lacuna Coil/Apocalyptica. Who knows when it's ok for a band like Lacuna Coil to get the ok to leave Italy in the state its in? Who knows if it's ok for us to enjoy doing fun things like going to concerts without having to worry about contracting Coronavirus?

Just a scary time to be in.

Edit: Oh wait, it's been announced today that the FFDP has been postponed. The Forum show is in October. Fine with me.

https://musicmayhemmagazine.com/five-fi ... ine-kills/

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Toss a coin to your Kevster, oh accountants of plenty, oh oh ohhh

Post by zazthespaz »

anguyen92 wrote:Well, three days into working at home. It's not bad. At least, I get to be with my parents around more. I'm saving gas money. I do think I get a lot more stuff done since it's more quiet around here.

That stated, I find it ironic, for me personally, 10-15 years ago, if you told me that I get to stay at home and not go to school or do anything else until further notice, I would all for it. Kick back, play more WoW, etc. Now as a working adult, I find myself wanting to have that chance to get outside more. In fact, that's why I choose going to concerts as my hobby. It's basically my only outlet to socialize with a community and be out there talking with people that I, as an introvert, do not have many interests in doing much, talking to people in person. Now it's being threaten due to the pandemic.

Next concert for me is FFDP/Papa Roach/I Prevail/Ice Nine Kills in late April. Surprised it's not canceled yet, but I think they along with other bands like AB are just waiting until Live Nation/other promoters deems that the tours cannot go on. Have a lot of shows planned in May, but that's in jeopardy. One of them is Lacuna Coil/Apocalyptica. Who knows when it's ok for a band like Lacuna Coil to get the ok to leave Italy in the state its in? Who knows if it's ok for us to enjoy doing fun things like going to concerts without having to worry about contracting Coronavirus?

Just a scary time to be in.

Edit: Oh wait, it's been announced today that the FFDP has been postponed. The Forum show is in October. Fine with me.

https://musicmayhemmagazine.com/five-fi ... ine-kills/
All I read is that you're working from home and have a lot of free time until late April/potentially later. Sounds like you've got a lot of time for mafia! I think you should join! #GeraltWantsKev
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I'll think about it, but I don't know if I can be good enough to win for my team.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: It’s like a wedding; you don’t go for the couple, you go for the free food!

Post by zazthespaz »

anguyen92 wrote:I'll think about it, but I don't know if I can be good enough to win for my team.
We don’t play for wins! We play for fun! Plus, if you join, I will have 3 teams going which increases the odds of you winning because if specific team gets eliminated, they can choose to join another team! (Sort of) It’ll be fun! Come on Kevvvvvv.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Like I said. I'll think about it, but if I'm entering something, I'm entering to play the best I can.

On a different note, the problem with your subject line is something we discuss a few pages ago. This next couple of sentences will be horribly out of place. I'm terrible when it comes to weddings. I'm awkward. I don't tell awesome stories and I don't care much making huge conversations that doesn't go anyway, unless I'm driving the ship to nowhere which I don't want to do at weddings. I don't really care much for free food at weddings.

In fact, let me tell you an interesting story about my sister's wedding over three years ago. I was insanely skinny like 150 pounds skinny, out of college with no job. Basically, I was a full NEET for six months (unlike now where I work by day, be a NEET at night). Anyway, my sister's wedding had a nice series of dishes that's Vietnamese and Filipino cuisine. I was so hyped for the Lechon pig (mainly thanks to watching Anthony Bourdain's No Reservations when he was in the Philippines). I was so disappointed that the skin of the pig was inedible for me, because I thought it was going to be the best part of it. I was so sad. Didn't gain any weight from that dinner. Oddly enough, after some time of working and getting paid and eating more often, that was the key for me to gain 30 pounds in the course of 3 years. I kinda wish I can lose like 10-15 of that right now.

zazisaspaz
On The Rail

No diggity, Kev’s gonna back it up

Post by zazisaspaz »

Hahahahahahaha Kev hates Cam. He’s just dragging sweet Cameron along leaving the door open that he just might sign up for mafia, but can’t commit yet. Ain’t got time for your career advice and genuine empathy, ain’t got time for your subject lines, but he’s got plenty of time to consider playing mafia. Play on player, play on.

Kevin Andrew, does your sister live near you? And are you two close? Does she want to play mafia? And be my friend?

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I don't hate Zaz. I read everything he says and greatly appreciate the advice he gives me. I just don't respond to it for whatever reason. I want to meet the guy, one day, and give my proper thanks. Like when I met Ryan for a brief moment after AB's LA show.

zazisaspaz
On The Rail

Post by zazisaspaz »

Hahaha well that's nice to hear.

Now about your sister...

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: Automatic suspicion!

Post by Inconquerable »

anguyen92 wrote:Like I said. I'll think about it, but if I'm entering something, I'm entering to play the best I can.
Don't worry about it, I probably won't be all that great anyway after so long not playing. Plus, worst comes to worst, we'll just vote for zaz.