The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
Dolo
Burn It Down

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Post by Dolo »

TheLastHero wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:32 am Okay. Someone help me.
Who plays the solo on Before Tomorrow Comes? I've been questioning myself on this for quite some time now. I mean, it sounds like a Myles solo, but then, when they play it live, Mark plays it. I just want to know for peace of mind.
Which one bro?
There isn't really a solo in Before Tomorrow Comes.
Correct. Expect, there are two.
I haven't heard the studio version
Why do you even bother commenting? lol
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

TheLastHero
Bought The CDs

Post by TheLastHero »

Sorry for not being more specific. I meant the solo at the end of the song. I know Myles plays the solo right before the first verse.
maximzub wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:27 pm Plus, wasn't Blackbird his only solo on Blackbird?
If I'm thinking correctly, he plays the little solos throughout Rise Today, not the big one at the end. The one at the end is definitely Mark.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Props to me for editing quotes properly from my phone

Post by zazthespaz »

maximzub wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:27 pmI haven't heard the studio version, but I doubt Myles would be able to play what Mark plays on live versions. Plus, wasn't Blackbird his only solo on Blackbird?
American voters in a nutshell.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

maximzub wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:27 pmbut I doubt Myles would be able to play what Mark plays on live versions.
Lol why?
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Social media warrior

Post by gbruin »

Always spreading the Alter Bridge love everywhere I can...

https://www.themightybruin.com/p/pregam ... cla-bruins
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Social media warrior

Post by MaraCarr »

gbruin wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:50 pm Always spreading the Alter Bridge love everywhere I can...

https://www.themightybruin.com/p/pregam ... cla-bruins

Awesome article and song choice!!!! :D

Spreadin' the Love!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I want to enjoy things again, but in recent months, I feel like I haven't really enjoyed the things I liked. Since 2007, the three things I really enjoyed the most were as follows: hockey, World of Warcraft, and Alter Bridge.

However, in the now, the NHL seems to be having a bit of a toxic culture in regards to certain aspects and decision-making regarding players safety and the likes and a coverup from the Chicago Blackhawks from 11 years ago, that has been exposed that pretty darn graphic. It seems to be hard nowadays for me to enjoy the game as I used to have. Even if the Kings are doing all right (which they are in the time being), there's a part of me that thinks, "Is it ok for me to enjoy this after what has been revealed in the Blackhawks situation knowing that this could be a thing that can happen in another team?"

Same goes for WoW. A few months back, the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing was suing Blizzard in regards to findings that are also quite graphic and reveals a toxic culture as well. Makes me hard for me to enjoy a game like WoW and the game itself hasn't been enjoyable for many months now and all I read from Blizzard are a bunch of empty promises with no solid actions to get excited about. Same goes for the NHL.

As for AB, it's minimum compared to what I mentioned, but their inactivity due to everyone else doing other things is a bit of a bummer as well and it could be at least a year until they are back to touring and releasing an album.

Am I not allowed to enjoy the things that I really like anymore to its full extent without feeling guilty about something? Is this what growing up is?

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

I hear ya, Andrew.

It's a weird dynamic in a way, that there can be something you love for years, then one bad moment will leave a permanent scar and it's never the same again. Because of that, nothing remains unsullied for very long because it's hard to never have any sort of bad moment of some kind. It does suck to have that nagging doubt that something crappy is hiding behind the curtain, but that's not on you. Don't feel guilty for enjoying something. The Blackhawks tragedy was horrible, but that's such an extreme case that it's not likely out there again, and so it's ok to sincerely like the NHL and a team (like the Avalanche for instance! ;) ) or a band or a game series or a person/relationship or whatever, as long as there aren't known reasons not to. Enjoy the things you do while they last.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

^^ Yep. I'll try my best to compartmentalize my enjoyment and hope things turn a better corner for the things I like.

In other news, I'm a little tilted at the moment. So I booked my hotel and flight stay to San Francisco a few weeks back. Spent around $422.00. I looked at Groupon and they had the same hotel room available that I was going to stay in on the days I'm there for $220.00. The flight was going for around $120.00. I could have saved $80.00 had I known that first-hand...... On the plus side, flights have gotten really expensive now to book, so at least, I booked my plane ride at the right time.

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

Andrew, I'm in the same boat.

There are many things in life that sometimes I feel BAD for enjoying. I actually had a friend laugh at me for listening to Alter Bridge, for example. When I responded that if it wasn't for Alter Bridge, I wouldn't have met so many of the friends that I have now. Cameron has been to my house, Andy and I talk everyday, I tolerate Shea's existence, not to mention everyone else here. I try and think about the positives in all things that people may see as somewhat negative or that I may potentially feel guilty about.

I'm a HUGE Assassin's Creed fan and recently Ubisoft had a similar experience with Blizzard in regards to sexual harassment to the point where they fired the head of their most recent game months before its release for cheating on his wife. Twitter turned it into a "Anyone who plays this game supports this man!" type of thing and sure, I fell for the guilt trip but ultimately, I know what I enjoy and what I don't enjoy.

I may despise Mel Gibson as a human being, but that doesn't mean I won't watch Lethal Weapon every now and then.

You'll be okay, buddy
Thanks Andy!

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

I had a dream that Eric Friedman was sick and had to miss a Tremonti show, so they called me to replace him. During rehearsals, I had to learn how to play Another Heart, You Waste Your Time, Thrown Further, If Not For You, Marching In Time, Flying Monkeys, and Wish You Well. I barely knew most of these songs except for If Not For You.
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
I'm in love with somebody...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Really random question for those not in the know. What do you guys think on first impressions of this name for an arena. Crypto.com Arena.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Elon needs to tweet more I guess...

Post by zazthespaz »

I think it's a garbage name but it's a real effective marketing technique. I don't know how much it cost to change the name, but it's gotta be at least a million+ right? Typically household names of the regions buy places like that (i.e. Metlife, Verizon, Staples) so for a no-name company to do that goes to show how much money you can make in cryptocurrencies and will likely help drive their prices up.

(even though all my crypto-related stocks took a poop this week)
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

The thing is that this name is going to be around for like 20 years. Is that website going to still even be around in 20 years? Is Crypto still going to be a thing in 20 years?

The money that's being spent into this new name is big. Apparently, the largest U.S. venue naming rights deal to date.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Unlike imaginary currency

Post by gbruin »

And of course everyone will refer to the arena as The Crypt - which is pretty cool.

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Unlike imaginary currency

Post by MaraCarr »

gbruin wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:57 pm And of course everyone will refer to the arena as The Crypt - which is pretty cool.

The Crypt! Winner.

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Tales from the Crypt...

Post by MaraCarr »

So it is official, I signed the contract and the lease. I am going to Myrtle Beach for a few months. Any ideas on some great landscape photography, concert venues, sacred sites, etc?

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I hear that the local House of Blues in Myrtle Beach is a top notch venue. Other than that, don't know what else is there.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: We were all wondering, don’t deny it.

Post by zazthespaz »

anguyen92 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:12 pm I hear that the local House of Blues in Myrtle Beach is a top notch venue. Other than that, don't know what else is there.
How’s the parking?
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says