The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Post by anguyen92 »

Yep, bought the ticket to Michael Buble today. Got it at $50.00 since I don't think it's going to go lower. I will be sporting my Ides of March t-shirt since that's what I usually wear for non-rock shows. Probably will still look out of place, but whatever. I look forward for a calm night out which is really what I needed nowadays.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

All right at the Honda Center for Michael Buble. I may hate this arena for various reasons, but they have much cheaper parking than The Forum.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Asking for a friend...

Post by gbruin »

Timo, I just spent the morning watching the UCI Road Race Championships around Leuven...how would you and your countrymen feel about a low key American retiring to somewhere small in Flanders and spending quiet mornings at the nearby cafes with a coffee and riding his bike around the countryside and trying to learn Flemish and enjoying a local beer in the evenings and generally being a mellow and neighborly human being?
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Haha, my brother lives in Leuven, and he's been complaining about not being able to go anywhere because the UCI WC is blocking everything :D

Any country would benefit from having that friend you're asking for living there :cheers
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

So. I'm carless now for about a week. Late last month, someone reversed their car into the back left end of my car in the parking lot, while I was getting some cheesecake slices. Today, I finally have the time to bring my car in to a repair shop. Told me, it would take about a week to get the minor damages fixed. Thankfully, since I didn't cause the collision, the person that caused the accident needs to have their insurance take care of it. However, I'm carless now.

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

I'm currently running out of petrol! The UK is going through panic buying of petrol/diesel (gas for our US friends) due to some BP stations running out and then the government said 'don't panic buy it's all fine'.... so of course the first thing you do when the government says 'everything is fine' is not believe them.

I have enough to get to and from work today but then zip all after that. Every station I've passed has been empty. 'Tis bullshit.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Delet petrol, call it gas.

Post by zazthespaz »

Crumbso wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:13 am I'm currently running out of petrol! The UK is going through panic buying of petrol/diesel (gas for our US friends) due to some BP stations running out and then the government said 'don't panic buy it's all fine'.... so of course the first thing you do when the government says 'everything is fine' is not believe them.

I have enough to get to and from work today but then zip all after that. Every station I've passed has been empty. 'Tis bullshit.
I hadn’t heard anything about that yet here in the US! That’s nuts, but glad to see it’s not just Americans who are stupid and panic buy/hoard! :lol Good luck, hope it gets fixed soon!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

So, in my long long lists of making spur the moment stupid decisions, I've bought a few cheap Brad Paisley tickets at my local Amphitheater on Stubhub in hopes to get a small profit to offset the cost of the ticket that I bought to see the guy. This could be a L for me. However, it's only a $50.00 risk. People have lost more than that sports betting and that's even more riskier if you don't know what you are doing.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Tying it all together...

Post by gbruin »

Seeing Brad Paisley qualifies as a panic buy and a bad decision in my book. :P
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: Tying it all together...

Post by anguyen92 »

gbruin wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:37 pm Seeing Brad Paisley qualifies as a panic buy and a bad decision in my book. :P
Ehhh, whatever. I don't mind country if the musicians are legit good and I hear good things about Brad Paisley's guitar playing. I saw Zac Brown Band two years ago at the same amphitheater and they were great. The fiddle player sang lead vocals on a cover of RATM's Bulls on Parade and that was awesome. Plus, I want a nice Saturday evening out.

I mean I saw Michael Buble last Saturday and I think that was my favorite concert to see so far this year. I'm willing to see anything if it perks my interest in various ways.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: A Loghead never forgets.

Post by zazthespaz »

anguyen92 wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:27 pm
gbruin wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:37 pm Seeing Brad Paisley qualifies as a panic buy and a bad decision in my book. :P
Ehhh, whatever. I don't mind country if the musicians are legit good and I hear good things about Brad Paisley's guitar playing. I saw Zac Brown Band two years ago at the same amphitheater and they were great. The fiddle player sang lead vocals on a cover of RATM's Bulls on Parade and that was awesome. Plus, I want a nice Saturday evening out.

I mean I saw Michael Buble last Saturday and I think that was my favorite concert to see so far this year. I'm willing to see anything if it perks my interest in various ways.
Don’t pay any mind to Greg, he just once asked me if a purse came with my collection of Kenny Loggins’ Greatest Hits. Well guess who gets to listen to Highway to the Danger Zone on his iPod Nano whenever he wants?!

Also, I saw ZBB cover that song live too. One of the coolest performances I’ve seen.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

On another note, I tried my hand at cooking something. I made Chicken Penne pasta with spinach and some sun-dried tomatoes. I'm pleased with it (only for the fact that this costed me $20.00 and I got like 3-4 servings worth of leftovers).

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: Dinner at Kev's house this weekend!

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

anguyen92 wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:21 pm On another note, I tried my hand at cooking something. I made Chicken Penne pasta with spinach and some sun-dried tomatoes. I'm pleased with it (only for the fact that this costed me $20.00 and I got like 3-4 servings worth of leftovers).

Looks good, Kev!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Back at Fivepoint Amphitheater in Irvine for Lynard Skynard.

Edit: Yeah, nothing wrong with the band, but I'm just not digging them so I left after 6 songs in. No worries, Tickets costed me like $15.00 and I saw an hour of Tesla that was "ok."

maximzub
On The Rail

And it's pronounced 'Lĕh-'nérd 'Skin-'nérd...pun definitely intended

Post by maximzub »

anguyen92 wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:36 pm Back at Fivepoint Amphitheater in Irvine for Lynard Skynard.
It's spelled Lynyrd Skynyrd.

I'm surprised that someone that went to see a band live didn't even know how to spell their name.
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
I'm in love with somebody...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Fans of AB spell Alter Bridge like Alterbridge all the time so there's plenty of people out there who are fans of music they cant spell correctly.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: And it's pronounced 'Lĕh-'nérd 'Skin-'nérd...pun definitely intended

Post by anguyen92 »

maximzub wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:32 pm
anguyen92 wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:36 pm Back at Fivepoint Amphitheater in Irvine for Lynard Skynard.

I'm surprised that someone that went to see a band live didn't even know how to spell their name.
I can't type at all. So whatever.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Nevermind the spelling. I can never pronounce it.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Re: And it's pronounced 'Lĕh-'nérd 'Skin-'nérd...pun definitely intended

Post by Timotheus »

maximzub wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:32 pm

I guess he's just a simple kind of man.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Hurray, we have rain in SoCal for the time being! Can't actually remember the last time we had rain.