The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
NytestrykerZ
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Post by NytestrykerZ »

You must've won em over with your charm, Macca. Shoulda used some of the colourful language you use around here.

Macca
Greg

Post by Macca »

Hahaha yeah. Literally 5 minutes after they phoned too I got a phone call from another company who found my CV on a job site and wanna meet with me. The fuck is going on? Why am I suddenly so in demand?!
AllC392Was wrote:How is Macca funny?

ThravRande
Burn It Down

Post by ThravRande »

Cause you're playing hard to get
Myles Kennedy wrote:I think you're as sharp as.... whatever's sharp.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Re: It's a mystery to me, and you, and everyone.

Post by gbruin »

Macca wrote: The fuck is going on? Why am I suddenly so in demand?!
I like that this is surprising to Macca, as well.

Glad for you, though. Good luck with it all!
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Moving out of mums
Getting a sick apartment in town
Loads of room for me and my son
Student loan for my uni course is paying for it and then some!

Free house for a year or 2... Win.

Macca
Greg

Post by Macca »

You're going to uni, Jim? Nice one, what you studying?
AllC392Was wrote:How is Macca funny?

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Im doing a course at my nearby college, illustration. Gonna retry my creative hand.
Because im over 25, the loan is determined on my personal situation not my parents.. I got the full whack of £7700 a year + fee's paid for..! the total rent of the flat is £5000 so im left with spare to #spruce it up a bit

thanks bro

DonHarry
King Slayer

Post by DonHarry »

Good luck with it mate. You looking to pursue it as a career?

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Sounds awesome, Jim. Hope the uni life goes well for ya!
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Aww, we're going to uni together, Jim! :D good luck ;)

Oh, and I had my last day at work today! Aawesoome!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Should hopefully lead me into doing design work as a career yes, its just a shame i live 100 miles from the nearest major city (Bristol) that can offer a decent career but the first step is to get started.. We'll see

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: zaz - business extrordinaire (spelling?)

Post by zazthespaz »

Jim wrote:Should hopefully lead me into doing design work as a career yes, its just a shame i live 100 miles from the nearest major city (Bristol) that can offer a decent career but the first step is to get started.. We'll see
you can just start your own business selling sigs online to forums. genius idea. worldwide market. you're welcome!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: (cartman voice) suck my balls suck my balls suck my ball

Post by zazthespaz »

I just found out I applied to a scam job! Sent in my resume through Monster.com and email since on Monster's listing it said to email the application in, I did both to avoid any problems. I got a call back a couple of hours later and looked up the number which said it was part of NYSL Promotions. I google that, comes back with nothing except more job listings and a Twitter account which has one tweet from June. I then look up the email addresses. It comes back with New York Skyline Promotions and an email address that is used for multiple company job listings. Look up New York Skyline Promotions and finally find their website after a good while spent looking for it. It's a piece of shit. Look at other google results and several of them say it's a scam. So I'm gonna call tomorrow and play along then start asking qhy sites say their a scam and see how far I can get before they hang up on me. Maybe I'll record it and put it on youtube, become an investigative journalist...
Worst part is I took agny's advice and wrote a real good cover letter, took an hour to do and now I come to find it's for naught! Pisses me off... I'll post their number once I confirm it's a scam if any of you want to "call for an interview".
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

*they're
Photobucket cash grab.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

okay, this is my story of my drive home for labor day weekend....

I go to college in fort smith, arkansas, but live in dallas. it is about a 4 and a half hour drive back home. so i hit the road at 4 after our conditioning workouts, and im jammin to some AB in the car ( i think it was sttv) and the stereo goes out. i got a horrible feeling because of this because that usually means something is wrong with the battery or alternator. i figured that i would go as far as my car would let me. then, all of a sudden, a HUGE storm hit in oklahoma. i guess it was from isaac. it was raining so bad that i had to go 30 on the highway. it was SO bad that i had to let someone drive past me so i could just follow their rear lights. i decided to stop at the next exit in the middle of goddamn nowhere in oklahoma. you ever see the show courage the cowardly dog? it was like that, except a gas station. so i went to the gas station, and because the storm had passed behind me by now i turned around to look at how bad it was. then i saw a FREAKIN tornado. for those of you that follow me on twitter, i took a pic and put it up in a tweet. i was kinda nervous thinking that that couldve hit me and i wouldnt of even known because i couldnt see anything. anyways, i went into the gas station and bought some oil for my car and a kit kat, came out and MY FUCKING CAR WOULDNT START. i was 3 and a half hours away at this time. i figured that the problem i encountered before was my battery, and had i continued on my trip it wouldve been fine until i stopped. but i didnt, so there i was in checotah oklahoma at a shitty gas station. i called my parents in dallas and asked if they could come get me, but they couldnt, so i started looking up hotels in the area. the closest was 15 miles away, so i figured my next option was to hitchhike. i stayed at the gas station about an hour, then this very attractive girl came in. she looked completely normal, so when she exited the station i asked her" hey are you headed southbound towards dallas?" she responded "uhh ya" i said "could i maybe get a ride? ill pay you for the gas" and she said okay. she was coming home from college as well and i was extremely lucky. so i got my stuff and got into her car and we exited the station parking lot. i noticed that her car STENCHED of weed... but i was okay with this because i myself have lit up before and it never affected me driving. i started to notice her swerving, so i asked her if she was okay. she said "im fine, im just high and barred out of my mind right now haha" ......... i said you should pull over.. she did and i took over driving the rest of the way. while on the ride home she lit up 3 blunts and passed out twice.. either she was really tired or it was the drugs, but it was too the point where she was drooling at the mouth and i contemplated taking her to the hospital. so i spent my last 3 and a half hours driving this drugged up sexy chick home. i then realized that if i hadnt of made her pull over she likely wouldve crashed. she was OUT OF IT. she would tell me how many times she had totaled her cars before and at 19 years old she was on her 5th car already. i drove all the way home to dallas, thanked her, said bye to her, and went home. i figure thats a story to tell the kids someday haha. it was ridiculous...

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

So...your car's stuck at a gas station in Checotah, OK?
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

yes... theyre towin the mustang tomorrow :(

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: I hope not cause that would suck financially

Post by zazthespaz »

Ryan wrote:*they're
What?! No!!! :lol

Ab23 that's actually a pretty cool story, you're stealing my thunder, but cool! Couldn't you have jump started your car?
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

i probably couldve. but jump starting it wouldve just prolonged the problem. i still wouldve had to deal with it sooner or later. i actually asked a few people if they had cables though and got all no's. then i saw the hot girl and was like she obviously doesnt have cables, let me just ask where shes going.

AustinH22
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by AustinH22 »

holy shit haha! that definitely beats out my night where me and a friend were stranded in downtown Jacksonville and our taxi cab driver had a gun pulled on her minutes before she picked us up lol!

this girl sounds like a hot mess too haha. Must've been comforting to hear she had totaled 4 other cars as you were sitting in the passenger seat!