The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

:peace Happy Birthday, Timo!

Lotha
Colloquial

Re: I love the ideal. I despise the reality.

Post by Lotha »

Ubik wrote:
gbruin wrote:I can't think of a time I've been more disgusted and depressed at the state of this country.
Different country, same sentiment.
Ditto.
Photobucket is responsible for my lack of signature today.

TABN Discord: https://discord.gg/sGXRGZ

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: If I’ve learned anything in the past two years, it’s that anyone can do it.

Post by zazthespaz »

Greg for president.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

I missed Timo's birthday!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TIMO!

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

That moth meme will be the end of me. Seriously, let it die.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

:D Thanks guys!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Every 10 years. And it's cool.

Post by gbruin »

There's an English kid living in my basement.

Again.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Ahhh, it's my day off today and as usual, I'm agonizing on what I want for my big under $20.00 meal. Right now, I'm contemplating between getting a burger, fries, and a shake or getting a burrito and some fish tacos with rice and beans plate. Decisions, decisions.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Probably his excuse anyway.

Post by zazthespaz »

gbruin wrote:There's an English kid living in my basement.

Again.
Brexit refugee?
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Yeah. I went there. Not sorry.

Post by gbruin »

zazthespaz wrote:
gbruin wrote:There's an English kid living in my basement.

Again.
Brexit refugee?
Yes, but our government's ok with it b/c he's white.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

http://thealterbridgenation.com/forumsarchive/index.php

Man... I miss the glory days of this board. When it was really active, and moving, and people were here and threads were full and the topics moved off the front page in a matter of days instead of months. What happened? Did Social Media just ruin the allure of the message board, or have people just stopped coming here in particular for some reason?

#MakeTABNGreatAgain
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

TenaciousBe wrote:http://thealterbridgenation.com/forumsarchive/index.php

Man... I miss the glory days of this board. When it was really active, and moving, and people were here and threads were full and the topics moved off the front page in a matter of days instead of months. What happened? Did Social Media just ruin the allure of the message board, or have people just stopped coming here in particular for some reason?

#MakeTABNGreatAgain
I think the reason people aren’t coming on to the Alter Bridge forums anymore is because of the current lack of Alter Bridge...but maybe it’s just me.

Still here every day, but I definitely lurk a little more than I used to.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: she’d agree

Post by zazthespaz »

I blame Inconquerable
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I'm here every day as well. Just waiting for a topic, any topic, to play off of and make some good posts.

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

I feel like there's a small subset of us who are still here daily, or at least a few times a week, but it's clear the overall traffic is WAY down from where it was a few years ago - even during the AB offseason, but nowadays there's always Tremonti / Slash / whatever other side project going on, so there's not even really an offseason for anyone anymore. I don't know if it's because of anything to do with this site specifically, or if it's just the way of the message board culture as a whole. It just makes me sad, because even though I haven't been on the mod team for about 2 years now, this site still feels like my baby. I helped launch it as AlterBridgeBand.net with Kimmie and Dan back when the band was first announced, and then the rebranding/name change to TABN was largely my idea when I was on the mod team with other people around the ABIII / Fortress days. I still want to see this site / board succeed and be the "it" place for AB fans to congregate like it used to be, but it just doesn't seem to be the case anymore. Sad.
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Re: My free time goes to my dog now.

Post by Andy92 »

I think it’s a mixture of things. Some of it is social media culture and message boards in general aren’t as popular as they used to be. You also have less people discovering Alter Bridge nowadays. They either have heard of the band and like them, or they’ve heard of the band and they don’t like them. We used to see tons of “I just ran across this band on YouTube!” posts weekly, but those are few and far between today.

I think a lot of us discovered this website when we were in either our teens or 20s. A lot of the fan base spends less time on message boards as careers progress, families are started, etc.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: That stated, my free time is mainly committed to World of Warcraft nowadays.

Post by anguyen92 »

Then we have to find a way for this forum to be the place for AB fans once again.

With that said, we just to get some announcement going. A simple recent picture of AB in the studio can get this place going again. That's all it can take as well as everyone, and I mean everyone, getting hyped about AB doing something, anything and we can get this place going again.

Arctic
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Arctic »

Anybody else ever search out and look through the old board before the move? I just randomly googled it and got hit with a massive nostalgia wave. I joined the day I turned 15 in 2007...I’m 26 now. Fuck. Even though I don’t post here very often and never really was part of the group that knew each other personally, I still remember those days fondly. It seems like it was just yesterday that we were all anxiously awaiting Blackbird.

I don’t think I’ll be reviewing my old posts anymore, though. I did for a bit and cringed so hard. :lol

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Every few years there are a few new users who spam the shit out of this place and keep things alive. There's no new generation filling the gab.

That's probably due to most material since Fortress being mostly mediocre, so I'm hoping AB VI will be better.

And I'm not trying to stir things up, but the most exciting time to be a fan of a band is when a new album drops, and ever since we aren't allowed to talk about leaks anymore, the album releases are a lot less exciting and bring in fewer people. You can't blame people for going elsewhere.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: I call it the “CSA Bell Curve”

Post by zazthespaz »

So I was at a friend’s house last night and realized I should probably share this theory I’ve been working on with you guys and see if you agree, because it’s super duper important. Anyway, I’ve noticed that when I’m at a house that is on the wealthier side, they 90% of the time use single-ply toilet paper. Growing up in a median-income house, I was raised with two-ply tp and it blows my mind that I can be in a million dollar + home wiping my ass with sandpaper. So anyway, I believe there is a bell curve where the x axis is income and y axis is quality of toilet paper and I’m doing a rough estimate that the two-ply range exists somewhere between $65,000-$150,000 total annual household income. Anything below or higher than that is single-ply. Unfortunately I’m basing that opinion on one region of the United States with a limited data set, so I need you all to take note of this when you’re at your friend’s houses over the next few months. Find out what kind of toilet paper they use and then go through their financial documents and get a rough estimate of their annual income. I want to find out if cheap stingy assholes really have cheap stinky assholes.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says