The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

It sounds worse in metrics, too

Post by gbruin »

I got roped into doing a bike ride here called the Triple Bypass by a friend who had never done it and wanted someone to ride it with him. It was 110 miles with >10,000 ft of climbing over 3 mountain passes - in 50 degree weather with rain. Ugh, not fun, but I was in really good shape this year and my friend made it to the end, so it is done and once again I never have to do that ride again. :lol

(translation for the euros: It was 177 km with >3,000 meters of climbing over 3 mountain passes - in 10 C degree weather with rain)
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: It sounds worse in metrics, too

Post by MaraCarr »

gbruin wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:57 pm I got roped into doing a bike ride here called the Triple Bypass by a friend who had never done it and wanted someone to ride it with him. It was 110 miles with >10,000 ft of climbing over 3 mountain passes - in 50 degree weather with rain. Ugh, not fun, but I was in really good shape this year and my friend made it to the end, so it is done and once again I never have to do that ride again. :lol

(translation for the euros: It was 177 km with >3,000 meters of climbing over 3 mountain passes - in 10 C degree weather with rain)
That sounds fun! 😊

We are heading to Sandestin Resort for my birthday weekend, hoping to get to ride some myself in my favorite place! 😊

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Post by anguyen92 »

So it turns out that I'm going to Toronto, Ontario, Canada in February for a weekend. Didn't think that would be in my plans at all two days ago, but here we are. Now I got to figure out what's the best way to convert spending money to CAD.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I got no power for the next 4 hours due to city maintenance or whatnot. Going to be bored out of my mind right now.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Headroom Karma finally released our first album today. I'm so excited to see what people think about it.

I particularly want to share this song because it's heavily inspired by Alter Bridge. I dare someone to cover it.

I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

All right, got my passport picture taken at Walmart for $8.00. Not bad looking. Now to fill out the application form, and head to the post office on Friday and then afterwards, eat lunch at a buffet, and go see Goo Goo Dolls at the Greek Theater and will be a busy day for me.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Adulting sucks. I've spent most of my Sunday afternoon at Walmart getting a good passport picture and spent my lunch break today at the bank getting a blank check so that I fill out a check at the Post Office on Friday to wrap up the passport process on my end.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

I have to announce that I am officially stepping down from TABN. It's been a great ride and I've really found comfort in sharing my stories about life and discussing one of my favorite bands. However, I am leaving for college tomorrow and I'm gonna try to cut down severely on social media. So unfortunately, I won't have time to be on this board anymore. I'll probably be back on October 14, but that's pretty much it. Even though I've never met any of you personally, I still have to thank you for all the memories and the support.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

maximzub wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:59 am I have to announce that I am officially stepping down from TABN. It's been a great ride and I've really found comfort in sharing my stories about life and discussing one of my favorite bands. However, I am leaving for college tomorrow and I'm gonna try to cut down severely on social media. So unfortunately, I won't have time to be on this board anymore. I'll probably be back on October 14, but that's pretty much it. Even though I've never met any of you personally, I still have to thank you for all the memories and the support.
Good luck at college. Just remember that now is the time to define yourself with a new start, if you want. You can be yourself without the trappings of high school.

P.S. You'll be back in time, AB always reels us back in :cheers

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

All right, back at the Greek Theater for Goo Goo Dolls. Been holding on the same ticket I bought on Groupon before the pandemic began.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Old guy wisdom - you won't appreciate until you're old too, but here it is anyway

Post by gbruin »

maximzub wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:59 am I have to announce that I am officially stepping down from TABN. It's been a great ride and I've really found comfort in sharing my stories about life and discussing one of my favorite bands. However, I am leaving for college tomorrow and I'm gonna try to cut down severely on social media. So unfortunately, I won't have time to be on this board anymore. I'll probably be back on October 14, but that's pretty much it. Even though I've never met any of you personally, I still have to thank you for all the memories and the support.
Good luck at college, Max. It is a great opportunity to discover and shape yourself in a new environment on your own and away from the high school world. Every single one of us bumps off the guard rails back and forth a bit on the road of life. It's how you learn the boundaries of what you can do. There is no destination, just a journey, so enjoy the ride and the view along the way. Learn something every day. Do things in moderation, including happiness and sadness, drama and peace. Be patient with others and with yourself. You're gonna be great. Cutting back on social media is a good rec for anybody, but even the mods come back once a year and post, so check in here when you have a free minute or so.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

LONG LIVE THE QUEEN.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

maximzub wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:33 pm LONG LIVE THE QUEEN.
Long live the King, actually. The full phrase in this instance is, "The Queen is dead. Long live the King."

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Crumbso wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 7:40 pm
maximzub wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:33 pm LONG LIVE THE QUEEN.
Long live the King, actually. The full phrase in this instance is, "The Queen is dead. Long live the King."
My apologies.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Interesting weather ahead in SoCal. There's been a fire near Temecula (roughly 50 miles south of where I am) that's hardly contained due to the warmest Summer weather we have all season. On top of that, it's going to rain in a couple of hours as well, this area definitely needs it.

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Retreat Ideas

Post by MaraCarr »

So I’m almost done with this assignment! I am looking for retreat ideas for a week. I have a few ideas but open to suggestions. I found one in Hawaii I am thinking about…. and another in Nashville. I want it to be positive and interactive. An introduction to New ways of thinking out of the box, law of attraction,creative writing, art, music, new hobbies, meeting new people. Etc.

I’m open to all ideas. I am also thinking of an Alaskan cruise but want it to be like a seminar where I interact and meet new people while also learning something new. I want that kind of getaway.. something productive!

Any Ideas? Links?

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Not letting me pay for dinner will be your downfall, G.

Post by zazthespaz »

It’s been 5 years since I’ve seen Greg, but he’s still a good guy. Too good in fact… he’s probably hiding something, but what?
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

It's impossible to sleep when your dorm room is 90° F even with two fans on full blast and both the door and windows open. So instead of sleeping, here I am doing homework for Calculus III in the basement.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

gbruin
MEGLADONG

zaz is so lost that he ended up in Colorado.

Post by gbruin »

zazthespaz wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 9:32 pm It’s been 5 years since I’ve seen Greg, but he’s still a good guy. Too good in fact… he’s probably hiding something, but what?
I just assumed the whole day was either a hallucination or I was getting punk'd.

Today I am looking for pigs to fly, snowballs in hell, my kids to call me, and the Toronto Maple Leafs to win a playoff series.