The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
MuffinMcFluffin
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Post by MuffinMcFluffin »

Andy92 wrote:
anguyen92 wrote:I wonder how many people see that and immediately think one? I think the answer is 19, but then again, I haven't used my math brain in like five years. I ditched my math brain for more analyzing and logic brain.
It actually is 1 because the -3 isn’t in parenthesis. If the equation was written (-3)^2 + 10, it would be 19. But without parenthesis, you square the 3 first and get 9, but then you multiply 9 by -1 to get -9. So -9 + 10 = 1.

Order of operations is why you do this. Without parenthesis, the first thing you do is square the 3, then you apply the negative sign next.
But wait! if you put it into Microsoft Excel...

Last edited by MuffinMcFluffin on Wed Aug 28, 2019 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Get your damn math off my damn lawn!

Post by zazthespaz »

One Drew Remains wrote:I have an interview at 4pm on Friday! WOOT!
Congrats! Good luck! Start the weekend off right!

As a mod, can I ban math in TR? I might ban math, I graduated college, I don’t need to put up with this stuff anymore :lol
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Thanks guys. Hopefully I find something out today.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

All right, it took me about 90 minutes to rack up where I want to park near Hollywood Palladium for Papa Roach, tomorrow, but I got three lots as my options. One of them is the LA Fitness parking garage. I also found a cheaper parking lot near the Wiltern for the Skillet/Sevendust show on Sunday. It's $9.00 cheaper than the parking lot next to the venue and the Ralph's. I hope this all works out and I can get away with paying less than $40 in parking over the weekend without any issues with my car.

I will be sporting the same AB shirt I have been wearing in all of the concerts I have been to this year (which the count is now at 17 after the shows this weekend).

zazisaspaz
On The Rail

But really, someone please find my Canadian sister-in-law.

Post by zazisaspaz »

YEAHHHHH KEV!!! You park that car! Have the beat parking experience ever!! Also, please post pics so we can all decide how to rate the entire parking experience. (Obvs looking for a link to a livestream getting to and leaving from the lot.). Do you bring pepper spray with you? I feel like parking near a gym like LA Fitness is fairly safe, however, I do not know how long and where you’ll be walking to get to the venue. You should definitely livestream this. It'll help bring the boards back to life. I would honestly tune-in for that.

Yesterday I got to tell a student that he should not encourage people to refer to him as “One Pump”

zazisaspaz
On The Rail

Post by zazisaspaz »

While I’m here, did anyone else catch the B.Spears reference in “Pay No Mind?”

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Sure, I may consider livestreaming it. That way, if I fall to my untimely demise, at least, I would have video evidence of it. :/

zazisaspaz
On The Rail

Post by zazisaspaz »

Shut the front door. Kev, I now live in Amish country and have nothing to do, so I am really hoping you go through with this. I am so excited to potentially have Saturday night plans for once!!

But yeah, don’t forget to check your surroundings so you don’t trip...or get mugged. You should bring your parents with you to watch your six.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I'm not actually going to live stream it. I should be ok. About 4,000 people that's going to the same venue is going to have this scenario as well. Hopefully, not all of them will park near the gym.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Luckily it's not like you advertised the spot on the biggest AB forum on the web!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Yeah, but this is a Papa Roach show. I highly doubt there's any Papa Roach fans, in LA, that reads this forum and be like, "This dude is giving out potential parking tips? I got to snipe a spot before this guy does."

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

In all honesty didn't read the entirety of your parking post and figured it was for an AB show, lol.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Nailed the interview. We talked for an hour, and half of that was laughing and small talk. Unfortunately, I'm interview #1. So I have to wait for everyone else's turn.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

In line at the Hollywood Palladium for Papa Roach. Found a decent parking spot within 10 minutes of walking distance. Cost me $15. Already like 50 people in line with 100 minutes to go before doors open.

zazisaspaz
On The Rail

Post by zazisaspaz »

Woooo! Glad the interview went well! No doubts it will all work out the way it should!

And hurray for lovely parking! Have fun and be safe!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

The show is already off to a good start. First song I hear on the house speakers is Show me A Leader and I had two people complemented me on my shirt.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

anguyen92 wrote:Yeah, but this is a Papa Roach show. I highly doubt there's any Papa Roach fans, in LA, that reads this forum and be like, "This dude is giving out potential parking tips? I got to snipe a spot before this guy does."
For all you know, there's a subreddit called "We need to talk about Kevin's parking recommendations" that is flourishing among the LA-based gig-going community.
For all of the hope that it brings...

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

If there is, then I'm glad I can help people find ways to save more money on parking doing things that I didn't do.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: I hope they chant "Kevin" at the listening party instead of "AB"

Post by zazthespaz »

Ubik wrote:
anguyen92 wrote:Yeah, but this is a Papa Roach show. I highly doubt there's any Papa Roach fans, in LA, that reads this forum and be like, "This dude is giving out potential parking tips? I got to snipe a spot before this guy does."
For all you know, there's a subreddit called "We need to talk about Kevin's parking recommendations" that is flourishing among the LA-based gig-going community.
One can dream.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

It could work in reverse too. I was getting a personal pan pizza once a week at a local establishment for $2.12 at lunch, until I told the wrong person. She told everyone, and ruined my little deal.
Altered: